[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IBO will be remembered as a classic mecha anime with discussions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 35

File: ibo-ed-orphansnamida.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ibo-ed-orphansnamida.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
IBO will be remembered as a classic mecha anime with discussions about the problems of war like 8th MS
>>
Probably not.
Even though the mechanical design was great the plot wasn't anything special.
Still better than Destiny or AGE, but it's mediocrity is arguably more damning than being stupidly bad, in the prospects of of long-term discussion.
>>
>>15664652
No it will not, rather it will be remembered as the worst entry in the franchise and your kind will be treated the same way Cosmic Era fans have wrongfully suffered for over a decade.
>>
>>15664652
>discussions about the problems of war like 8th MS
pretty sure most of the discussion about 08th is people complaining about the romance or wanking to existence of a grunt unit team. No one ever talks about the problems of war, unless they're shitposting about the novel.
>>
>>15664790
>wrongfully
>suffered
Yeah, no
>>
>>15664791
kys shitposter
>>
>>15664883
Yeah, yes Anime Suki.
>>
>>15664652
it'll be remembered for "dansleif team, hasha!" and nothing else.
>>
>>15664890
SEED is enjoyable dreck, entertaining to watch, but ultimately mediocre. Destiny is a true trainwreck that just highlights the flaws of its predecessor. And I highly doubt you've personally suffered anything significant from proudly proclaiming yourself to be a connoisseur of either piece of trash
>>
>>15664652
I doubt that. Even /co/ with all their shit taste wasn't able to enjoy it when it aired on Toonami. Hopefully it does get remembered for having one of the best end credit songs ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pyfH3oj_eg
>>
Insert Irregular Body Odor hate here

My autistic brothers!
>>
>>15664936
Wrong again, Mecha Talk. Destiny was well made, this garbage was not.
>>
>>15665007
>Destiny was well made
Your shitposting is going too far. This board needs a purge.
>>
>/m/ hates it because it's popular
>casuals love it because it's the only gundam they've ever seen, probably the only mecha show they've ever seen besides maybe Gurren Lagan or Eva

Wherein lies the truth? Is there no middle way?
>>
>>15665036
More like it really is just pure shit.

Casuals would have loved 00 if it aired in Toonami instead of whatever the fuck SyFy is. AGE stands no chance, but Build Fighters likely would.
>>
>>15665036
IIRC, most /m/en were hyped when the teaser were shown and the idea of PMC with kids piloting giant death MS was a change of pace in the gundam formula, with Metal Gear Solid V were out during the time of teaser, most of us thinking IBO will be like MGS but with mother fucking gundams.

Instead we have Kudelia Sugoi, Exposition train and boring as fuck story. I personally drop the show during EP3 and pick it up later when the whole season finished airing, hoping I can just binge watch it all in one go but holy shit the story was bland as fuck. Doesn't help that MGSV also goddamn boring.
>>
I mean it did some cool things like talk about child soldiering and slavery as well as what happens in third world countries so that's pretty cool I guess it was also the most violent visceral gundam series I've ever seen
>>
>>15665067
But the "casuals" liked it before it was even on Toonami. Being simulcast helped more in that regard than Toonami did.
>>
File: Damage.jpg (116KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Damage.jpg
116KB, 1200x675px
It was cool
>>
>>15665036
The thing about /m/ is that we have a number of autistic hand animation purists who too it really personally when g-reco received such a bad reception by so many people despite the very expensive use of hand animation. After thus they've gone after every gundam show that has aired since with truly autistic fervour as some kind of revenge for people shitting on their beloved g-reco.

As for the IBO itself, it was kind of middle-of-the-road all over. Nothing particularly shone, but at the same time nothing was particularly awful and it had a number of good ideas that weren't completely wasted. I like the fact that the protagonists weren't your usual army soldiers and the AV system was not only cool idea, it was a good explanation as to why a bunch of teenagers could go toe to toe with well trained proper army pilots. Come to think of it, it was way better of an explanation as to how barely trained pilots could fight aces than the usual space autism (i.e some form of newtypes) that all to many gundam shows use.

So while I wouldn't sing it's praises, I liked it, but I could see it's bad parts and genuinely hated the ending of S2.
>>
>>15665010
Destiny was well made, your bad tastes are the problem here, buddy.
>>15665067
>casuals liking Syfy channel originals
If what I implied is true, I guess 15 years was long enough for normies to grow a damn brain.
>>
>>15665205
>but at the same time nothing was particularly awful
Except having genuinely atrocious production values, obnoxiously slow pacing until the last quarter, and evil protagonists, of course.
>>
The ending was possibly the worst ending to any Gundam series. Once it was revealed that the enemy had an invincible superweapon that the protagonists couldn't possibly counter it just became a slog. You knew what was going to happen at least a half dozen episodes before it did. And I'd STILL be okay with that if Rustal was an entertaining villain. But he wasn't. He wasn't some grand schemer, or an entertaining madlad. He just felt like a secondary villain before the TRUE villain reveals himself. To the point where I honestly wondered if I was wrong and they were going to fake me out and make McGuillis the main villain, despite how obvious it was that he was going to die.
>>
>>15665439
>was just hoping for random MA final boss because hashmal and thinking McGillis wasn't a fuck up
>never got that
That was the one thing that would've softened the blow for me.
>>15665435
Pretty cool designs or setting, even if it fucked it up.
>>
>>15664790
How can it be the worst entry when 8th MS team and other AU other than Turn A exists? Come on anon don't be such a retard.
>>
>>15665442

McGillis winning and then turning against Tekkadan at the last minute and placing all the blame on them would've been way more satisfying. And it's pretty obvious he was just using them anyway, so it'd make sense.

But again, I'd still mostly be okay with the ending if Rustal had been an entertaining character. Not every story has to be told the same way. It just needs to be entertaining.
>>
>>15665456
How would you fix Rustal?
The foundation is sort of there (world getting progressively worse in aspects after Edmonton, issue of families either dwindling or being under fuck ups, mentor ship relationship with Iok actually working for once instead of being for cheap catharsis or Julietta's one already being important towards her character, ending + selective dainsleif attempts to show pragmatic nature or at least being able to change or sacrifice to keep hold of some power, even if it's rushed or awkward). But what would be added or changed to make him entertaining?
>>
>>15665450
Ah, you're that autist, never mind carry on, and thank you, the amount of screenshots I've gotten from you actually help me with my thesis.
>>
>>15665205
G-Reco uses CGI, too
>>
>>15665456
>McGillis winning and then turning against Tekkadan at the last minute and placing all the blame on them would've been way more satisfying. And it's pretty obvious he was just using them anyway, so it'd make sense.

He wasn't using them. He saw them as equals. That's the whole point of his character.
>>
If they make a compitalion movie and make edits to make the pace better?
>>
>>15665205
>nothing was particularly awful
Way too much plot armor made it super obvious that the plot was being railroaded
>number of good ideas that weren't completely wasted
like???>>15665205
>good explanation as to why a bunch of teenagers could go toe to toe with well trained proper army pilots
They were also child soldiers who'd been fighting since they're kids. Their biggest disparity was that Gjallajorn had more resources not better pilots, and Barbatos kinda helped bridge that gap
>>
>>15665496
How would it not? Of course anything with decent pacing will make ANN cry as hard as it can.
>>
>>15665469
Introduce him from Dort. Show him trying to influence and manipulate the other Seven Stars. Actually have him utilize real tactics instead of Dainsleif spam
>>
>>15665469

There are a bunch of things that they could've done. I can understand them not wanting Rustal to go out in a mobile suit or giant mobile armor. Nearly every Gundam series does that. But he at least needed to display some genuine skill and guile. All we saw him do was trick idiots, and his big master plan was "Haha! Since they committed a war crime first we can commit one back!" But in reality that's not how it works. Even with a media blackout Rustal would've been fucked.

Plus Rustal himself was very reserved and didn't display much of a personality. He needed to either be more theatrical, or outright cunning and backstabbing. Lots of close-in shots of his eyes and inner monologues to give you the impression he's a crafty dude. Or yeah, have him be kinda nutty. Throwing open his arms and making declarations. Or maybe present him like a Bright Noa or a Jamil Neate? A clever, competent leader who just so happened to not be on the side of the protagonists. He doesn't need tricks, he's just smart, knows how the world works, and isn't on their side.
>>
>>15665511

Also this. He was introduced way too late. If he's going to be in the background like he was he needed to be in the background since near the beginning. His sudden appearance made him seem too irrelevant to the overall plot.
>>
>>15664791
>>15665450

>Felcher

That's not even a real word.
>>
>>15665036
No I hate it because it wasted like 13 episodes doing fuckall but giving exposition dumps on stuff we already knew and when fight scenes did come up to break the monotony they ended up being shaky cam and dust particles to hide the lack of animation. What's even worse is IBO's first few episodes started out really strong with lots of potential but holy shit did they squander it by the time they went into space and I can't be assed to bother with season 2 which is the first time I ever dropped a Gundam series.
>>
>>15665496
That could actually be neat. It won't save it, but it will be less awful.
>>
File: IMG_20170616_222739.jpg (45KB, 692x389px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170616_222739.jpg
45KB, 692x389px
I liked him
>>
>>15665730
But why? What about this character is either appealing or interesting? I'm genuinely curious, because to me he's a creepy, boring sociopath.

It's one thing that he's a completely unrelatable character, but he needs to at least be interesting, charming or somewhat sympathetic for me to like him.
>>
>>15665496
If is possible to make 0079 at least watchable IBO would be a master piece
>>
>>15665831
I don't need to relate to a character to appreciate the character. He's a child soldier who's risked his live over and over again for the hope of bettering his future. His sociopathic tendencies fit his character so they don't bother me.
>>
>>15665496
Give us more backstory on Murdermanlet and kamina v2. Cut out the long panning shots that plagued the 1st season. Those shots were a waste of time and added nothing. Seriously tho having 5 seconds of a panning shot is fucking retarded. Show us murdermanlet getting his first surgery. A before and after.
>>
File: 1205813892795.jpg (151KB, 410x550px) Image search: [Google]
1205813892795.jpg
151KB, 410x550px
>>15664652
Everyone said that about G-Reco and it's more or less forgotten.

However, SEED still endures, for better or worse.
>>
>>15664790
>>15664791
>shitposting a minute apart
Nice try Felcher-kun.
>>
>>15665944
I can understand that, I just wish there was more to Mikazuki as a character in-general. He never seems terribly concerned about the situations around him and seems to place very little value on his own existence, making his skirmishes much less heroic. I guess my biggest issue with the character is that he seems like he's just along for the ride and whatever happens happens. Everything I need to know about him happens in the first five episodes and he more-or-less remains unchanged throughout.
>>
It would be good if it's about war and child soldiers. Unfortunately, it's not.

Season 1 was Kudelia gets her groove back ft. child soldiers and season 2 was Mcgillis vs Gjallarhorn ft. Tekkadan.
>>
>>15666105
>Everyone said that about G-Reco and it's more or less forgotten.

On purpose if you're Bandai.
>>
>>15666191
That's the thing about Mika, he doesn't look out for himself. His main priority is being useful to Orga and as the series progresses he gives up more and more of himself in order to do so. That and one of the reasons why we don't accept the use of child soldiers in the real world is because they tend to fight without regard of their own lives or safety.
>>
You killed a Gun x Sword thread for no fucking reason. Kill yourself next.
>>
>>15666154
Cool mouth, does it talk with dialogue, Menstrual-kun? Bet it's made of cherry ice cream.
>>15666281
Typical sperging at turboautism capacity.
>>
>>15666297
>buzzwords
Re-read rule three and then kill yourself.
>>
>>15666317
No
>>
File: 三日月.jpg (337KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
三日月.jpg
337KB, 900x1200px
>>15665478
What is your thesis? Legit curious.
>>
>>15664955
I actually like Shounen no Hate more.
>>
File: 1458678294048.gif (916KB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
1458678294048.gif
916KB, 245x150px
>>15664955
Many manly tears were shed.
>>
>>15665007
>>15665429
Destiny had awful animation on par with those Gundam vs Gundam amvs kids made 10 years ago.
>>
File: ....png (15KB, 163x312px) Image search: [Google]
....png
15KB, 163x312px
>people cry about pussy Kira UNDERSTANDING all day
>"WE WANT A MANLY SERIOUS PROTAGONIST"
>Finally get what they literally asked for in the form of cold, unfeeling child soldier that knows no such thing as morality or honor, doing whatever it takes to win
>"WOW, THIS KID IS MESSED UP, ONLY FEDORAS LIKE THIS CRAP"
Make your (hive)mind up, /m/
>>
>>15665433
>evil protagonists
Not seeing a problem here
>>
all I remember from IBO was that the good guy was beaten by the bad guy in the end, it gave mr the feeling of ,"the fuck did I just watch?"
>>
I know this is a "it's fun with friends"-tier argument, but I watched G-Tekketsu with my mother and we ended up enjoying it, probably more because of that.
>>
>>15665500
Why is this?
>>
File: 1203026250124.jpg (40KB, 576x834px) Image search: [Google]
1203026250124.jpg
40KB, 576x834px
>>15666573
/m/'s tsundere for Kira, gay for Char, and self-inserts as any shota protag with a possibility of being mistaken as a girl, but has identity issues, believing themselves to be robots.
>>
File: 2017-07-04_23.40.36.jpg (52KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-04_23.40.36.jpg
52KB, 720x720px
Why he so mean
>>
>>15666702
mind works purely on logic
>>
>>15665496
Cut out the exposition, cut out the space arc shit, then it might be good.
>>
>lot of good and interesting characters
>good designs
>great music
>really great idea
>execution pretty meh
>>
>>15666573
>Finally get what they literally asked for in the form of cold, unfeeling child soldier that knows no such thing as morality or honor, doing whatever it takes to win
I, for one, really enjoyed Murderzuki's murder adventures, at least more than all the moralization and feel-talk we got from the talking head characters.

>>15666191
>He never seems terribly concerned about the situations around him and seems to place very little value on his own existence
>he's just along for the ride and whatever happens happens
Those things were what I really liked about him, he mostly was just a quiet observer until it came to wrecking shit in mobile suits, but then you have him learning to read/write and tending to his little garden.
also I can relate quite well to what you pointed out. inb4 edgelord
>>
>>15666729
>Blindly follow his suicidal friend.
>Logical.
>>
>>15665036
>casuals love it
Then why did it bomb on Toonami?
>>15666105
>and it's more or less forgotten.
KEK
>>
>>15666573
>Mika
He was a literal retard
>>
File: Kamina.png (1MB, 1280x959px) Image search: [Google]
Kamina.png
1MB, 1280x959px
>>15667016
pic related is called retard for some.
>>
File: 20-ZoneOfTheEnders[1].jpg (63KB, 642x484px) Image search: [Google]
20-ZoneOfTheEnders[1].jpg
63KB, 642x484px
>>15667016
What would you say about James Links from ZoE Dolores, i?
>>
>>15667016
Mika is a stone cold killer dedicated to his friends and family. That was litterally the ideal man for centuries.
>>
>>15666973
>lot of good and interesting characters
No, most of them are boring and not well-developed.
>designs
Boring shit with lots of weak spots
>music
Only first OP and ED.
>Idea
I doubt that it was there to begin with. The screenwriters never knew what they want for the most of the season
>>
>>15667028
>SERIOUS
>>
>>15667039
>Mika is a stone cold killer dedicated to his friends and family
In your fanfiction maybe
>>
>>15667045
He was pretty serious about getting his family together and stopping the genocide of human race. And he acted more or less like a respectable adult, at least for anime standards.
>>
>>15666981
Is it really following when your pushing the person who's leading?
>>
>>15667047
>Kills without batting an eye
>cares about those whe seems to be close with, died to at least help them escape
Is his point more exaggerated or what, doesn't seem wrong on a surface level.
>>15664955
>Never played in second season
Now I get why it failed harder than the first. Outside of a shit second cour and ending.
>>
>>15665944
>for the hope of bettering his future
Not really. At best you can say people he seemed to like told them what they wanted and he went yeah I guess I'll do that

The closest he ever gets to an opinion like that is just repeating people
>>
>>15667344
I was referring to his 3 AV surgeries. Orga said no one forced the surgeries on him. He chose to get them to gain strength for himself.
>>
>>15667371
>gain strength for himself.
That really doesn't help the hope for the future thing. Really that whole bit just makes him more generic as an MC, he is the bestest and most strongest

>said
And that is another problem with IBO and the characters. We are more often told what they are like rather than really seeing it. Which is partly why people have all these headcanons for characters, you get breadcrumbs of characterization which allow people to make up what they want.
>>
File: Snapshot 1 (7-5-2017 12-10 PM).png (675KB, 1365x768px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot 1 (7-5-2017 12-10 PM).png
675KB, 1365x768px
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>15664810
08th had a great grittygrunty aesthetic, but thematically it was made of fluffy shonen dreams where "I promise nobody will die-ttebayo!!" somehow works out in robot Vietnam

IBO was very grittygrunty thematically, but the show's aesthetic was an underfunded+mediocre mess, and ultimately very much still a typical modern AU in the sense of it being about edgelord melee suits killing tons of mooks Dynasty Warriors style
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-05-11-29-28.png (163KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-05-11-29-28.png
163KB, 1280x720px
>>15667450
Pron
>>
>>15667404
Yes it does. It gave hope for HIS future.
>>
>>15667450
hungry for battle
>>
>>15667404
>generic
>his mad quest for power and victory backfires and makes him into a paraplegic, crippling him even more than usual when he doesn't have Barbatos
>>
>>15667626

>mad quest

That implies Mika had ambition and didn't exist just to enforce Orga's will.
>>
>>15667573
By crippling himself and never really even trying to start his farm? Even the reading thing only appears for a few scenes and then is never relevant again. Plus when he got those it wasn't like they were getting paid per kill, he was just another mook doing standard shit.

That part doesn't work at all, this is what I mean about IBOfags and their headcanons

>>15667626
And then he barely does anything relevant in S2, he literally just becomes a thing they wheel about for when they need a fight with him. Plus he never had ambition for power, at best Orga did and that was poorly explored as well. It doesn't backfire with some kind of irony and message, they just fucked up cause the writers decided their plot armor was done.

The only ones to get shafted more were Hush and Jewstien. S2 Mika is pretty nothing.
>>
>>15667686
It's all there anon. You should rewatch IBO.
>>
>>15665981
>>15666154
>Felcher

That's not even a real word.
>>
>>15667686
Poorly explored? The show is literally about child soldiers functioning during war being lead by a fucking teenager. Orga is no Alexander the Great, he's a shit talker with a pipe dream. Most of these kids were lambs to the slaughter with no place on the battlefield. The show has it's faults but it sure as shit doesn't miss the point.
>>
>>15667787
It kind of adorable how IBOfags are still pushing their headcanon as undeniable fact
>>
>>15667787
>The show is literally about child soldiers functioning during war being lead by a fucking teenager.
They sure did went far despite that hell they winded up achieving what they sought for in the end. Despite this show's claim of being gritty and realistic its incredibly light in execution.
>>
File: 1930254214073.jpg (30KB, 552x360px) Image search: [Google]
1930254214073.jpg
30KB, 552x360px
>>15667814
what in the blue fuck are you babbling about?
>>
File: Snapshot 17 (7-5-2017 12-15 PM).png (540KB, 1365x768px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot 17 (7-5-2017 12-15 PM).png
540KB, 1365x768px
>>
>>15667787
If that was the intended message of the show, they missed the mark. By the end it no longer feels like it's about the child soldiers angle, and seems like an incidental aspect of the political environment.
>>
>>15664912
most useful grunts in Gundam history
>>
File: 1490015340276.jpg (34KB, 484x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490015340276.jpg
34KB, 484x600px
>>15667865
they were manipulated and used anon
>>
>>15667888
That had nothing to do with the final message though. They did what they intended to do. Then the world kept on spinning.
>>
>>15667787
>literally about child soldiers functioning during war being lead by a fucking teenager.
Where half of it they beat ridiculous odds multiple times including with very silly plans, then just start to lose cause one weapon but everything is happy in the end. Orga had fuck all to do with it, the plot decided it was time for bad things so the miraculous victories stopped.

>Most of these kids were lambs to the slaughter
maybe they should have been more ready to kill then outside that latter half of season 2

90% of the kids don't even act like they have been through shit, only Mika seemed fucked up and even that wasn't cause of fighting he was like that since a tiny child. If there is one thing IBO failed at it was portraying realistic child soldiers, the realism in general is just a coat of paint it is no more gritty than a standard mech show.

>sure as shit doesn't miss the point.
it's a jumbled mess of points that never properly explores any
>>
>>15667893
>>15667896
You two are hopeless, I can't help you. The show far from perfect but it's all there, and I barely liked it. Maybe you're arguing for the sake of arguing, idk.
>>
File: Snapshot 18 (7-5-2017 12-16 PM).png (567KB, 1365x768px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot 18 (7-5-2017 12-16 PM).png
567KB, 1365x768px
>tfw IBO-kun gets assblasted out of a thread
>>
>>15665469
Get rid of Iok and explain the rationality for his actions, make there be an actual revolution external to gjallarhorn to compare and allow him to show off something more than the rod launchers.
>>
Wow I guess IBO really was good. So many different opinions.
"Movie version" when?
>>
>>15667953
No, it had all the ingredients to be good but falls flat in its delivery. The show has moments and McGillis is fucking retarded. The End.
>>
File: Snapshot 2 (7-3-2017 4-15 PM).png (163KB, 629x354px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot 2 (7-3-2017 4-15 PM).png
163KB, 629x354px
>>15668013
>McGillis is fucking retarded
Like a true Char clone.
>>
>>15665439
>>15665456

See, I actually like Rustal and the way it ended a lot. Like, Tekkadan violated my suspension of disbelief, because they kept winning fights against odds that were flat-out impossible.

But when Rustal showed up, they were up against a real commander, with real soldiers. Sure, he was a tactical genius, but he didn't even need to be: Rustal just needed to be competent, and Tekkadan would fold like a house of cards. And that's exactly what happened.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-05-16-50-04.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-05-16-50-04.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>15668041
He's the best
>>
>>15664652
i hope so

nobody would have cared otherwise but the fangirls who whine like fuck about this being a shit show make me wish it gets shoved down their fucking throats like the little bitches they are
>>
>>15667865
That's how conflicts are in real life as well. People don't really give a shit about the trauma of the child soldiers. Just the war itself that's going on. Blood Diamond also sort of covers this. People were more upset about illegal trading of diamonds than things like kidnapped children being brainwashed and used as soldiers.
>>
>>15668090
>More headcanon
>>
>>15668090
Now if only Rustal was an actual character then I would give half a shit about the garbage you posted.
>>
File: 4bf.png (181KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
4bf.png
181KB, 625x626px
>>15664790

It seems seedfags aren't the only ones making bait threads anymore.
>>
>>15664652
>[Garbage show] will be remembered like [other garbage show]
Why did you make this thread?
>>
File: daddy bael.jpg (121KB, 640x1125px) Image search: [Google]
daddy bael.jpg
121KB, 640x1125px
I need to see him solo a hords of MAs like legends say. All he needed were his fists.
>>
File: Like Fine Wine.png (702KB, 1000x1306px) Image search: [Google]
Like Fine Wine.png
702KB, 1000x1306px
>>15668013
I'm still disappointed he didn't choose to settle down and become a successful Char clone, more like Zechs.

Marry Almiria and start breeding her at around 14-16 years of age. Old enough to breed heirs without much issue, but young enough to sit on his lap and tease like a child before it turns into foreplay.
>>
>>15667787
>The show is literally about child soldiers functioning during war being lead by a fucking teenager.

V did it better.
>>
>>15668505
So did Aldnoah
>>
>>15668238
Yeah, Bael was REALLY anti-climactic. Such a huge deal was made about this legendary suit, then it did nothing. Is it really just a melee unit as well? You'd think it's swords would be more threatening, then.
>>
>>15668560
So much conflicting info on baels swords. Some sources say Bael swords came first and mcgillis copied them for grimgerde. Others say mcgillis likes swords play and copied grimgereds swords for bael. Also noting bael tore apart MAs with only its hands in Calamity war.
>>
File: rfvbgtynh.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
rfvbgtynh.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>>15668013
>>
>>15668560
NIGGA, how can you people be so ignorant, there was never nothing special about Bael, it was just McGillis delusions of the world being an honorable place, Bael was a symbol, nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>15668614
I thought it would at least be as impressive as vanilla Barbatos, seeing as how it was also made to hunt Mobile Armors, but it didn't even manage to do any impressive feats on that level. Did AV really carry Mika that far compared to McGillis' piloting skills?
>>
>>15668619
It didn't get at least half of the screentime Barbatos had, and yes, it is shown all through the series how OP the AV system is.
>>
>>15667851
People want to say the writing is shit, so when anons point out/explain things from the show they get accused of creating headcanon to excuse the shit writing. Same thing happened with G-Reco after it aired.
>>
>>15668614
But its 100% canon that Bael killed the most MAs. My guess that the pilot had a lot to do with that considering how Rustal kept calling Agnika "the strong man" or something close to that.
>>
>>15668691
And that's why it's a symbol.
>>
>>15668513
Stick to A/Z then faggot
>>
>>15668656
Because the story was shit. we get exposition blast from ep 1 up till the very end because the show think its audience is a bunch of retard whom need to hand hold to enjoy the show. In reality the show was shallow as fuck, predictable as shit and boring as hell.
>>
>>15668744
I'm actually proud of you, you keep pushing the "Stick to A/Z" meme just like I told you to.
>>
despite the shitposting here by that one guy, the japanese actually enjoyed this show
as did i
>>
>>15668614
>McGillis delusions of the world being an honorable place
not a real thing

>Bael was a symbol
And the show did nothing with it as one. It built it up as important, then he got it and a few went on no he did that but then it changed nothing.
>>
>>15668749
You predicted the ending? I was honestly expecting a happy ending with the Kings of Mars thing actually happening since the characters kept defying incredibly stacked odds the entire show.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (253KB, 1248x832px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
253KB, 1248x832px
Regardless of your opinion of Iron Blooded Orphans, can we all agree that Felcher-Kun is a bit batty?
>>
>>15668909
>not a real thing
>Because I said so BTW
K.
>>
>>15669104
It isn't a real thing. He acts scummy and knows everyone else does as well, how honorable people were never effected how he treated them. Not-Hitler was a huge back stabber and he became his aid. His whole corruption thing was just a bid for power, he did nothing to improve the system and was probably the most corrupt character.
>>
>>15669108
>Implying McGillis wasn't looking to dismantle the system where someone like Iok gets incredible influence, yet someone like Mika has little hope for upward mobility
McGillis' whole story was about him trying to realize his meritocratic dreams of the halcyon days of Gjallarhorn that he sees Tekkadan exude in spades. He never gave up on his belief of Tekkadan's potential, even when Orga ran like a frightened rat. He sought power, but not simply for power's sake. Hell, he was willing to give away Mars completely to Orga when they won. What exactly about that smacks of corruption?
>>
File: Screenshot (19).png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (19).png
1MB, 1366x768px
Just realized Tekkadon tried crashing a space station into earth in S1. That's basically like crashing a small space colony into earth right?
>>
>>15670164
>What exactly about that smacks of corruption?
You even described how he did so, secretly working with a PMC and helping then fight GHorn multiple times. He turned Ein into a robot with illegal tech, "killed" Gali, gained power through killing him and having the orphans bring that old guy back to undermine other Ghorn members power. Never mind stuff like stealing muh Bael

McGillis never was nor acted like some honorable knight, the closest thing you have is he used child soldiers

>he was willing to give away Mars completely to Orga
He made a deal with someone to help encourage them to do what he wanted. He would also then have someone trusted in charge.
>>
>>15671075
>undermine other Ghorn members power
You mean foiling Gjallarhorn's illegal action of installing a puppet government agent into a position Gjallarhorn representative was legally forbidden to be in? He did the right thing. And they didn't install anybody. Makanai won the election legally, they only freed him from his Gjallarhorn illegal house arrest.

>>15670164
McGillis was a retard who was shit at making plans and aliances. For gods sake if anybody should have expected a Daisleif spam it should have been him. He was so detached from reality it was mind boggling. Same goes for his ineptitude at using the power vacuum he supposedly created. Orga should have killed him the moment he started talking about Tekkadan like colateral damage. All of which is acknowledged by the producer by the way so don't even bother arguing about it. Ogawa openly admitted they had to dumb McGillis down to faciliate Gaelio winning.
>>
>>15671188
Still isn't honorable action, especially if we are talking about classical knights style honor. He made deals to undermine his side to gain power himself, he didn't even try to address any corruption that was about as he did gain power.

> And they didn't install anybody.
He help get Tekkadan to earth (which was illegal) to do so and helped in a later battle. Yes he is as responsible.

>Gjallarhorn illegal house arrest.
You mean resigned after a corruption scandal and left of his own accord. So he helped a corrupt politician regain power.
>>
>>15671236
>Still isn't honorable action
It doesn't have to be if it fucking prevents a serious political crime and corruption from taking place. Nobody also has ever had any pretences at making solely honorable actions or anything like that.

>He made deals to undermine his side to gain power himself
He prevented Gjallarhorn from plunging into political corruption on an unseen scale.

>which was illegal
It wasn't. You seem to be confusing the issue I'm adressing in this point but it was Carta's actions that were beyond her authority both by trying to prevent Kudelia from meeting Makanai and descending on the planet to further pursue them.

>You mean resigned after a corruption scandal and left of his own accord. So he helped a corrupt politician regain power.
You mean as reported by the press under Rustal's total control? Yeah sure lets all believe their journalistic virtue like we did with the Dainsleif coverups eh?
>>
>>15668614
It can fucking fly anon.
Tell me, show me where another standard MS could fly?
At best we got Trooper hovering.
>>
>>15671456
>It doesn't have to be
McGIllis being honorable and believing in a honorable world was that guys whole point.

>He prevented Gjallarhorn from plunging into political corruption
By being arguably more corrupt throughout and never curtailing corruption once in power. He either doesn't care about corruption or is horribly inconsistent.

>It wasn't. You seem to be confusing the issue
It was, their actions were not legal which gives a border patrol authority to pursue. You can't just let every guy in if they have a crazy enough plan. Even if they did have a valid pass to you can't just ram your way in and then destroy your way to Canada.

McGillis though does not have the authority to do experiments with illegal equipment and stop whatever election he wants while playing both sides just cause he says they are corrupt.

>You mean as reported by the press under Rustal's total control
The show does not say it was a lie. And even if it was that is something that needs to be proven legally, not by barging into Canada with MS causing a battle.
>>
>>15665831
I agree I really wanted Mika to be the season 2 antagonist, just because of how violent he was
>>
>>15671509
Doesn't 00 have some flying unites?
>>
File: 1499309984135.jpg (74KB, 497x650px) Image search: [Google]
1499309984135.jpg
74KB, 497x650px
>>15673413
Ye
>>
>>15673413
Well in the realm of IBO, Bael was the only notable one (from its kit this was noted) to be able to pull off atmospheric flight
>>
>>15671511
>border patrol authority to pursue
No, it doesn't, at that point they're trespassing on economic bloc territory. Unless they were specifically invited by one of the blocs to stop Tekkadan they have no legal authority to be there. That's why it was such a big deal that Gjallajorn was fighting in Edmonton in the middle of an election. It was a blatant disregard of Arbrau's sovereignty in order for Gjallajorn (and especially Iznario) to control their country through Iznario's puppet
>>
>>15671511
>McGIllis being honorable and believing in a honorable world was that guys whole point.
Literally what. How could you ever come to this interpretation. Do you think he was delusional when he was backstabbing Gaelio or something?

>By being arguably more corrupt
Nah, not by a long shot. At the very least McGillis had his own wealth instead of sitting in some old rich faggot's pocket like the rest of the organization.

>their actions were not legal which gives a border patrol authority to pursue.
Not the case, at least that's not how carta motivates her intervention. She simply wants to make a show for the Seven Stars. She never actually mentions Kudelia did anything illegal.

>McGillis though does not have the authority to do experiments with illegal equipment
Neither did Rustal I presume, yet he created Type-E.

> and stop whatever election he wants while playing both sides just cause he says they are corrupt.
He didn't stop any election. Again, all he did was preventing Gjallarhorn from making an illegal power grab.

>The show does not say it was a lie.
It's ambiguous but we have countless examples how press was being manipulated in the universe so who's to say it wasn't actually something Iznario staged.
>>
When did they ever say that AV operation is even illegal?
Isn't that more about body modification (including AV and other artificial limb) was being frowned upon by people in IBO world?
>>
>>15667028
John Carter was that type of Sitcom dad where everyting blows in his face cause god hates him.The only thing missing for him was a readhead wife and an asshole boss.
>>
>>15667497
>I promise nobody will die-ttebayo!!"
I honestly thoughed they put that plot point in it so the story can shit on Shiro later on like for instance in that episode with the Zeek lady in the village.
>>
>>15664652
s1? Probably. It comes across like it would fit into SJ's mold, tries to be gritty, tries to make it's protagonists likable, and the ending looks happy as fuck. But there is still discussion about the flaws it has, such as the sluggish pacing, repetitive dialogue and the amount of exposition.

s2 is contested enough. A lot of people don't like how everything went to shit for Tekkadan post-Hashmal, and they tend to ignore parts of the plot. Stuff like how every arc in s2 had Tekkadan losing some of their footing in the world, how questionable they really are, and how Orga had turned the organization into something Biscuit would have frowned upon. Go back and watch some of the earlier episodes and you can see a stark difference from what Tekkadan was supposed to be and what it became.

Some people find this to be an improvement, others claim it completely ruins the story. So in the end, I think this show is going to remain contested in the future.
>>
I hope not, I thought it was pretty shit.
The first three episodes were fucking great and I was hyped to see more, but suddenly the show just got lost fighting mustache twirling space pirates and killing off random character's brothers I just lost interest in it.
I still haven't seen S2 either but from what I've heard it's pretty bad.
>>
File: 1499532608585.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499532608585.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>15677342
>All this headcanon
People really wanted this to be another Scarface but it winded up being a ripoff of Young Guns instead. Biggest issue with this show is that it handles moral ambiguity poorly because regardless what Tekkadan does they're still the least offensive group in the story and their "fall" feels incredibly hamfisted as a result, a show likes this needs Okouichi (Geass, Guilty Crown) or Aikawa (Angel Cop, FMA 2003) at helm because they do a good job of making shows where everyone is a horrible person as oppose to Mari "as long as my husbando is alive I don't care about anything" Okada.
>>
File: Screenshot (18).png (438KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (18).png
438KB, 1366x768px
>>15677416
>regardless what Tekkadan does they're still the least offensive group in the story

Tekkadan tried crashing a space station into earth in the fight against Carta. Show did a good job of showing Tekkadan being shitheads like Gjallarhorn. Fans were just too dumb and on their "Protagonists get to do whatever the fuck they wan't because they are the good guys!"
>>
>>15677571

>tried

Didn't they just use the spherical portion of that ship to change direction?

Sure, they caused its orbit to decay, but they weren't actively trying to force it to crash, from what I remember,
>>
>>15677571
Meanwhile Gjkallarhorn slaughters protestors after framing them for a bombing,
Actively tries to murder a civilian for seeking independence for mars.
Has one of it's leaders interfere with elections seeking more power, as well as spending decades raping children.
Has another leader instigate a war amongst economic blocs for the sole purpose of discrediting his rival.
Attacks protestors AGAIN.
Has a third leader use ILLEGAL weapons after refusing to accept surrender from his target.
Uses illegal weapons times after instigating a media blackout to cover it up.
But no Tekkaden is obviously more evil than them.
>>
>>15677609
>But no Tekkaden is obviously more evil than them.

No one said Tekadon was more evil.
>>
>>15677699
I don't agree with his points but in comparison they are small fries that are stupid enough on a rare occasion to attempt something big.

It is an incredibly corrupt world military vs a bunch of morons who luck out. In comparison ghorn is way worse so the whole ambiguity thing fails. This is compounded by constantly trying to show Tekkadan as a bunch of plucky happy kids who are just trying to make it. The only reason to prefer ghorn is they have a variety personality and better motivations that have some plot relevance.

In any other story Tekkadan really would barely be side characters
>>
>>15677721
The only reason to prefer ghorn is if you're a fujo and want to see Gali and Macky hatefuck each other.
>they have a variety personality
Like who? There's honestly nobody I can think of from ghorn with a distinguishable personality other than Carta and Gaelio? But they're both insufferable cunts and the rest are cartoony caricatures like that Orlis or Coral.
>better motivations that have some plot relevance.
This really only goes for McGillis. Before you say something about Gaelio, he doesn't really have anything to do with the plot. Their entire plot line exists in a bubble that has nothing to do with the bigger picture.
>In any other story Tekkadan really would barely be side characters
Not necessarily. Tekkadan had a variety of characters with similar motivations but differing personalities which allows for a show that's more character driven. A good writer who cares about them could have extracted engaging drama out of them. Especially considering how vulnerable and considerably worse their position was in society which makes the stakes more real when compared to ghorn, who are just a bunch of walthy self centered nobles. But as we all know IBO's writers did not care.
>>
File: 20170710151344-73787.png (11KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
20170710151344-73787.png
11KB, 600x350px
Norba Shino won the "Who would you like to party with?" poll according to gundaminfo.
>>
>>15677243
At least he wasn't selling shoes for living.
>>
>>15677609
>Meanwhile Gjkallarhorn slaughters protestors after framing them for a bombing
This never happens.
>Actively tries to murder a civilian
Mika also murders innocent people
>Attacks protestors AGAIN.
Because they are terrorists.

Face it, Gjallahorn has the moral high ground, Anime Suki.
>>
>>15664652
Nice trolling, dude.
>>
>>15667450
>>15667854
Literally built for shooting in the head in some shitty mafia power struggle
>>
File: IMG_20170615_095249.jpg (485KB, 2048x1486px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170615_095249.jpg
485KB, 2048x1486px
Yes
>>
>>15679171
Wow calling me a website you don't agree with,
how original.
>>
>>15665205
Also, G-Reco wasn't hand animated, they just used several techniques to make the CG images look hand drawn (and gorgeous)
>>
>>15665831
In the long, trudging march of episode after episode of talking and boring fights, the only moments that livened it up were Mika going ballistic and everyone else reacting in awe.

Ironically, in a different show this would get grating eventually but it happened so infrequently in IBO that it was actually a breath of fresh air. Mika vs the MA was easily the high point of both seasons, and from that point on my entire experience of IBO was waiting for Mika to go on another berserker rampage. Which we got, at last, in the final goddamn episode for about two minutes and then he died.
>>
IBO won Animage's 39th Anime Grand Prix:

Anime: #1 - 967 votes

Male: #2 Mika - 413 votes, #5 Orga - 230 votes, #6t Yamagi - 184 votes, #8 Eugene - 138 votes, #23 Sino - 64 votes, #44 McGillis - 39 votes, #61 Gaelio - 21 votes

Female: #2 Kudelia - 306 votes, #5 Atra - 184 votes, #6 Lafter - 168 votes

Seiyuu: #3 Hosoya 321 votes, #7 Nobunaga 245 votes, #8 Kawanishi 230 votes, #11 Umehara 184 votes, #12 Maeno 156 votes, #13 Saito 148 votes, #16 Sakurai 135 votes, #17 Murata 130 votes, #37 Terasaki 50 votes, #47 MAO 37 votes, #51 Hanae 30 votes

Song: #2 Freesia 295 votes, #4 RAGE OF DUST 236 votes, #9 Fighter 121 votes
>>
>>15681645
Do you have a link to this?
>>
>>15681715
http://gundamlog.com/archives/50364772.html
>>
File: 1467230016017.jpg (61KB, 475x438px) Image search: [Google]
1467230016017.jpg
61KB, 475x438px
>>15679171
>This never happens

Isn't that the whole plot of the episode where Fumitan dies?
>>
>>15681728
psst, it's a troll shitposter.
>>
>>15679136
"Who would you like to go to a Matsuri with"*
He got over 1,1k votes.
>>
>>15681645
>IBO won Animage's 39th Anime Grand Prix
Who....cares?
>>
>>15682359
IBO rager who made this thread will love to hear it won yet another audience award I'm sure.
>>
>>15681645
That is barely any votes, gundam fans acknowledge it as the legacy disaster it really is.
>>
>>15681728
Nope
>>
Looking back on it, IBO was pretty weak with its story, but I do like it since it's the only Gundam I can think of where the protagonists lose, not even the Zeta crew gets fucked up as badly.
>>
>>15683125
Good, Mika was fucking evil.
>>
>>15681645
1. Please post a link and prove these are real.

2. Nobody tales AGP seriously, especially if they are under the delusion Nadia TV was somehow good.

Niw I wait for some faggot to complain about me beong IBOrager.
>>
>>15683182
>now
>>
>>15664652
It will not outside of Mecha Talk and Lauren Orsini's sheeple herd.
>>
>>15683192
Felcher Gundam was just that bad I guess.
>>
>>15683192
>>15683218
Stop.
>>
>>15683236
>responding when you'll only get called ANN and nothing changing
>>
>>15683244
Hi Macross World.
>>
>>15683469
>not Anime Suki
>>
>>15683182
Did you miss the gundamlog link? It's on gundam.info and twitter too.
>>
IBO was the only anime I managed to actually watch to completion in the last 5 years. I guess it did something right, but I can't put my finger on it.
>>
>>15686644

It just takes everything about GUndam and shat on it so hard. It was the monkey's paw of Gundam, I mean it had everything /m/ wanted, a psychopath lead, no beamspam and an ending where the protags are shat on.

Isn't this what /m/ wanted so badly years ago?
>>
>>15686644
>IBO was the only anime I managed to actually watch to completion in the last 5 years
That's just fucking sad...for you, there were plenty of good series that came out during that gap and you chose among the shittiest.
>>15688743
>Isn't this what /m/ wanted so badly years ago?
Why do retards keep saying this as if /m/ was one person? No /m/ did not want something like IBO the very fact that it got less discussion than the past few Gundam works is saying something in regards to how much we cared.
>>
>>15688772
>there were plenty of good series that came out during that gap
Such as? I'm not doubting you, I was just so busy going through different manga that I didn't seriously bother watching anime for 5 years.
>>15688743
Pretty sure it's one or two guys that hated 00 and/or Seed asking for that.
>>
>>15688790
>Such as? I'm not doubting you, I was just so busy going through different manga that I didn't seriously bother watching anime for 5 years.
Have you tried Fafner? Majestic Prince is pretty decent as well.
>>
So correct me if I am wrong and I probably am but didn't the show drastically change after the second episode due to the content being shown at that timeslot and parents were shitting bricks over it?
>>
>>15689597
Not really. The show remained the rip and tear of gundam throughout it's run.
>>
>>15689626
I swear I heard that the original IBO was only going to have a few episodes in space and shit but people were like "No, more Space."
>>
>>15689633
I REALLY wish that was the case. I wouldn't have a problem with most of the show being in space if ANYTHING FUCKING HAPPENED. All that happened during the space arc was that a couple of named characters died and they sold a few new model kits, literally nothing noteworthy besides that happened in the time between when they left Mars until they got to Earth.

Then again I never finished season 1 (still have 5 episodes left) so I could be wrong.
>>
>>15689946
Yeah space was going to have like at max 5 episodes or something then they would have been on earth.
>>
>>15667497
>"I promise nobody will die-ttebayo!!" somehow works out in robot Vietnam
It was a pretty important part of the story that it doesn't work out like that. Pretty much the only zeek to survive to the end is Aina.
>>
>>15689597
No thats only a rumor perpetuated by the felcher gundam poster. Literally nothing changed.
>>
>>15688743
no
>>
>>15664790
That's not G-reco
>>
File: 0 ibo paf.jpg (216KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
0 ibo paf.jpg
216KB, 1280x720px
best gundam series
>>
File: yrgyzyhf.jpg (256KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
yrgyzyhf.jpg
256KB, 1280x720px
>>15698878
still looks like shit
>>
>>15698923
RIP Maccy look alikes, aside from the one that fucked up timing I don't remember you at all.
>>
>>15699450
>aside from the one that fucked up timing I don't remember you at all.
Do you mean Mr. Splat?
>>
韓国の反日デモと同じだよ、よく意味が分からないけど日本の国旗を踏んでいたらなんか楽しい

やってる事は同じ、本人達が気が付いていないだけ
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.