[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

watching gundam wing for the first time, and srsly whats up with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: jHL1dOO.jpg (37KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
jHL1dOO.jpg
37KB, 500x364px
watching gundam wing for the first time, and srsly whats up with heero? is he some sort of super human? is he this universe' version of a new type? i mean he is shown to conspicuously survive things that would kill any normal human.

also whats up with the rest of the boy band? why dont they know of eachother? and where are they getting their orders, and info, and supply? the logistics of sending 5 war machines with no support what so ever is just nagging at me.

pic related, my face when: gay blond pacifist space Arab.

none of this is to sound hateful i'm having fun with this show.
>>
arabs are white
>>
>>15663659
#NotAllArabs
>>
File: IMG_1144.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1144.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>15663557
Heero isn't a newtype equivalent, but he is a child soldier/assassin sent with a mission. As for why he can survive shit he shouldn't, it's because it's funny.

And the rest of that will get explained, though a lot of that explanation is in the sequel movie, Endless Waltz.
>>
It's plot armor BS, may as well not think about it. Later on you'll get instances of stuff like main characters using grunt suits and not dying to stuff that would otherwise kill said suits.

All of the other bits are explained later.
>>
>>15663557
The pilots weren't aware of each other because the goal of Operation Meteor was the cause chaos (so there are no orders to relay outside of their initial ones to fight a guerrilla war against Oz). If one of them was captured and interrogated they'd have no information on the identities or goals of the other pilots.

I don't know how they handle the logistics either, at least until Quatre gets involved with the others since he's the only one with any resources.

And yeah Heero is ridiculous to the point of being hilarious.
>>
>>15663557
>gay blond pacifist space Arab.
That's actually a plot point of sorts. Most people ignore it since it's not an important one.

Quattre and his many siblings are all test tube baby. It's why he's white and all Arab's, including his father, are brown with dark hair and dark eyes.
>>
Well, one thing you may not know about Gundam Wing OP, is that the protagonists aren't actually the heroes of this story. The series doesn't tiptoe around the fact that they're bonafide terrorists. They even make a point of this in the SRW games, where the GW characters were secrets at first, and everyone calls them Terrorist Gundams, even allies.

About them not knowing each other, it was part of the plan. And also not part of the plan. Of the final five, I think 2 or 3 weren't intended to be the pilots during Operation Meteor (it's pretty apparent in Trowa's and Duo's cases). And even those who were the intended pilots, didn't care about OZ's plans.

Heero is "strong" because he was trained as an assassin since he was a child. That's it. The rest is plot armor - he'll literally stand on top of his self-destructing mobile suit and not die.

If you want to know more specifics about Operation Meteor, watch Endless Waltz (the movie after the series). There's a few flashbacks to the beginning stages of Operation Meteor.
>>
>>15663557
>he is shown to conspicuously survive things that would kill any normal human.

Don't forget that he's able to bend metal bars with his bare hands and able to get admitted to an exclusive all-girls private school without any sort of vetting because reasons.

It's all plot armor and lazy writing. Nobody ever said anime writers were good at what they do.
>>
>>15666604
>able to get admitted to an exclusive all-girls private school
Wasn't all girls. There were a few male students like the dude who tried to fence with Heero.
>>
Besides grunts, did Heero actually kill anyone?

He seemed so deadset on it and yet....
>>
>>15666839
you mean named characters? heero killed noventa
>>
>>15666866
Don't be hasty, young man.
>>
>>15663557
Plot Armor
>>
>>15663557
>whats up with heero
Nothing in Wing makes sense, just go with it.
>why dont they know eachother
Because they don't know each other. The scientists who built the Wing Zero (you'll see it later) decided it was too powerful and split up to each build their own Gundam independent of each other. Each of these Gundams are built in different colonies and assigned a pilot, and they don't meet (or even know about each other) until they get to earth.
>>
>>15666839
He was too dead set on KILLING relena that he forgot about everyone else.
>>
>>15668220
One thing made sense.
>>
>>15663557
>also whats up with the rest of the boy band?
>why dont they know of eachother?
Mission/conspiracy secrecy
>and where are they getting their orders, and info
Each pilot was briefed to destroy OZ military bases at set locations surgical strike style, without much expectation to come back alive. The five scientists conspired the plan and built the Gundam units for maximum overkill but kept the pilots isolated for deniability should they be captured.
>and supply?
lol fuck knows, good luck Heavyarms

They did periodically receive encoded mission parameters, on the start of the first episode when Heero crosses the flight path of a civilian shuttle he was ordered to shoot it down to avoid exposure, but was fucked as a military ship was watching him already and did a basic scan of his MS.

Ultimately wing doesn't make very much sense.
>>
>>15664889
His sisters were all testtube babies. Quattre was a natural birth which killed his mother.
>>
>>15663557
he has the power of autism
>>
>>15664875
>I don't know how they handle the logistics either, at least until Quatre gets involved with the others since he's the only one with any resources.

Heero steals shit from military bases
Duo just buys all his stuff from Howard
Quattre is filthy rich and has family connections
Wufei has connections through his clan, who are also apparently loaded seeing as how they own their own space colony
Trowa just buys stuff from random people somehow. There is one episode where the guy ask "why does a kid need all these weapons" and his boss just tells him to not worry about it.
>>
>>15668276
>Heero, every time Relena opens her mouth
>>
Because the entire premise was to see if you could sell a show based on bishounen and still sell models to boys.
>>
Gundam Wing is basically a Super Robot anime but the Gundams are the alien invaders.
>>
>>15679892
That's 00, they even get their mid-season upgrades (GNX) and start kicking CBs asses.
>>
>>15681567
Just like how they got their upgrades in Wing and started beating Gundams
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.