[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saban's Power Rangers (2017) is the worst movie ever made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 11

File: filth.jpg (110KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
filth.jpg
110KB, 720x1080px
Saban's Power Rangers (2017) is the worst movie ever made because they made Billy black even though they already had a ranger who was black.
>But it's the first blockbuster film to feature a LGBTQ superhero
And how does that make is better?
>>
File: DCJhlQrVoAEipAv.jpg large.jpg (33KB, 532x508px) Image search: [Google]
DCJhlQrVoAEipAv.jpg large.jpg
33KB, 532x508px
>>
>>15659149
>LGBTQ
What's the Q stand for? Queer? That's a bit redundant, poofs are already covered with the G.

Bloody SJW wankers ruining all our good words, I remember when you could discribe something odd in the workplace as 'queer' and not get in trouble for it at work. Queer literally means weird, you don't get to make it mean something that's okay to be.

Now that I'm done grumbling like the old fart I am, I'm sure there are worse movies than this. This does look like a serious 0/10, but I've seen movies that go into the negative numbers.
>>
/pol/ pls
>>
>>15661081
Pretty sure queer in the LGBTQ sense does mean other, or weird. Kind of the whole LGTBQ thing is that being gay, trans, or different in some otherway is ok.
You know things aren't going to go back to way you liked it, right? Better just get used to it, rather, than be bitter about words for another 60 years.
>>
I don't like them all being grouped together. As a gay lesbian I hate trans
>>
It wasn't great, but it was far more palatable than any of the live action Transformers movies.
>>
>>15659149
It was as shitty as I expected. You're an idiot for letting something as irrelevant as an actor's race bother you, though.
>>
>>15661081
It's outdated and replaced by LGBTQIAP+

Lesbian Gay Bisexual Questioning Intersex Asexual Pansexual and etc.,

AKA a collection of snowflakes.
>>
>>15661125
Well yeah, trannies are mentally ill drama queens.
>>
>>15659149
I just watched it with some friends last week. Alcohol and some bros to take the piss out of it made for a fucking enjoyable evening.
>they made Billy black even though they already had a ranger who was black.
This was one of the points we discussed. In today's pussified politically correct world, it would have been too on the nose to have the black guy be the black ranger, the asian chick be the yellow ranger, and so on. So while we got some race shuffling. It's not like it actually impacted the plot in any way, so fuck it.
Also, black autistic Billy was the best character in the movie.
>>
>>15659149
Why even bring up these stupid things when they don't even matter?
Go back to /pol/ or reddit or make a Skeptic Youtube channel
>>
>>15659149
Don't be upsetti, have some spaghetti
>>
>>15661458
Can't we have until Bi? Holy shit.
>>
>>15659149
There's plenty more wrong with the movie.

>>15661081
You assume these are people who actually care about their rights and not some idiots who canĀ“t settle for a definition.

>>15661115
>Better just get used to it, rather, than be bitter about words for another 60 years.
Words had meanings for the last 60 years though.
>>
>>15661466
>. In today's pussified politically correct world, it would have been too on the nose to have the black guy be the black ranger, the asian chick be the yellow ranger, and so on.
That was stupid in the 90s and stupid now. How does associating a black(race) guy with the black color mean the black guy is inferior in any way?
>>
Didn't the original black ranger try out for the role of billy, only to later request to be the black ranger?
>>
>>15661629
What i read is that blue was casted as red and asked to be the blue.

Walter jones himself said that he was casted as black because red and blsck are the most prominent in the sentai footage so they wanted a white and a black in the two most prominent roles.
As for yellow, they originally casted a latina and for some reason changed her to asian. They apparently didnt expect people to be retarded enough to mind.
>>
>>15661081
>>15661115
>>15661458
It's even funnier when you consider there's still some Gays insisting on GLBT.

Why?

> Because fuck you people, lesbians never suffered like we did! Bi's either and they're just people that can't make up their mind they don't deserve to be here! Also fuck Trans people why are they here they're trying to change their bodies, we were persecuted for what we were BORN as! G GOES FIRST BECAUSE HAD IT WORST!
>>
>>15659149
I really liked the movie, so fuck you.
>>
>>15661802
Fuck you it looked like dog shit.
>>
>>15659149
>Auto] No new posts
Just mad we didnt see a decent megazord combination sequence. My only expectation from this movie
>>
>>15659149
which one of them was the fag?
>>
>>15662301

Trini makes some throwaway line about having dated a girl before. Really cheap fucking way for the movie to be able to claim it has a gay character.
>>
>>15662422
it should have been billy desu
it would be a nice nod to the original actor, maybe even make a plot related to that
>>
>>15663385
Yeah, but this Billy has the 'tism. No one would believe he'd get a date with anyone, male or female.
>>
>>15663385
Billy wasn't gay tho. Trini was the one whose romantic interest was less relevant followed by Jason so it had to be either of them.
>>
>>15663565
But watching her go back and forth with Zack like that, I was just like, "Would you two just fuck and get it over with already?"
>>
>>15659149
Those aren't the reasons why it's forgettable.
>>
>>15659149
>LGBTQ
Um excuse me sweetie but it's now officially LGTBQGFPO+
>>
>>15665601
No love for LGBTWTFBBQ+?
>>
>>15665680
>not LGBTHMSPDQ
>>
The political correctness was one of the smallest reasons this was shit.
>>
no one cares

>>15661125
>discriminated minority discriminating against others

thats why you dont deserve equal rights lol
>>
>>15665706
Political correctness makes everything worse.
>>
Hypothetical time. By some miracle of the cosmos, the production of the sequel lands in your lap. Only stipulation is that it has to be based off an existing storyline or season for those nostalgiabux. What do you do?
>>
>>15665737
By bringing up the Zeo Crystal, the sequelbait came in the first five minutes. If that's not where they're going next, I'll eat my Barbatos.
>>
>>15665733

Yeah, but this movie had much bigger problems honestly.
>>
>>15665749
Never said it didn't. but it's a problem with society in general today.
>>
>>15662422
sounds like some bullshit EA would do.

Like the whole trans character "controversy" in Mass Effect Andromeda
>>
>>15665834

There was also a weird scene that came almost immediately after Trini told everyone she's lesbian where Rita Repulsa breaks into her house and starts putting her face really fucking close and says "yeah betray them, we're the same." So what was that, like some kind of hot gayservice? Was Rita saying she was gay? Because the scene feels like such bait but it's not sexy or anything. Also they were so hard to put diversity in the movie and be multicultural and then they just put in some weird out-of-place lesbian fanservice shit?

This movie was all kinds of confused and retarded.
>>
>>15665692
>SPD
best sexual orientation

>>15665706
There's barely any

>>15665733
MMPR is sjw done right though.

>>15665737
Cancel it, I don't want to build up on such a shitty movie.
>>
I haven't seen any Power Rangers/Super Sentai shows, but all I know about this movie is that they don't show the robot combining, so it's an objective 0/10 pile of horseshit.
>>
I liked it.
>>
what does this thread have to do with /m/
>>
>>15666012
>but all I know about this movie is that they don't show the robot combining, so it's an objective 0/10 pile of horseshit.

i know.

I doubt it's a DVD extra
>>
>>15661663
>According to Walter Jones, she asked for more wages and ended up getting fired and replaced by Thuy Trang.
>>
>>15662422
>>15663385
Actually Zack asks her if it was "boyfriend" issues and she's says eh, and then Zack asks "Girlfriend?" and she says she doesn't like to put labels on who she is, never actually addressing the question directly.

And they leave it at that.
>>
It was alright until the Megazord garbage.
>>
>>15666012
That's the fucking weirdest part.

I watched it expecting shitty teen drama and (poor attempts at) well-done nostalgia.

Instead I got surprisingly goon teen drama and poor efforts at nostalgia.
>>
Rita made my monster grow, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>15666256
>Instead I got surprisingly goon teen drama
Them sharing their dark back stories while underage drinking around a fire was the most teenage thing I've seen on screen in a long time.
>>
>>15661458
I like QUILTBAG
>>
>>15666256
>Instead I got surprisingly goon teen drama

What the fuck are you talking about? The teen drama was terrible. And this isn't even like "hurrr fuck teen drama where da robots at?" I mean it was shit. Jason and Kimberly were basically idiots who fucked up their own lives, idiotically, and Kimberly didn't even have a character arc. She basically just went "yeah I fucked up but I learned my lesson offscreen." And then the other kids had real problems like black kid's dead dad thing, but that came up like one time and he still has a mom whose car he totaled and that's just dropped? Or Asian kid's sick mom, that was relevant for all of 2 seconds. Trini's family issues were glossed over despite the fact they might have been the most interesting.

It was like a really fucking half-assed version of The Breakfast Club and it fucking sucked.
>>
>>15661458
Sounds like the Acronym for a combining mecha formation.
>ULTIMATE GATTAI!!! GO LITHIUM GALAXY BLAST TRANS QUANTUM INFINITE ALPHA PROTECTOR!!!
>>
>>15663385
>it would be a nice nod to the original actor, maybe even make a plot related to that
No, actors tend to hate that. Case in point: George Takei to JJ Sulu.
>>
File: Opinion.gif (632KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
Opinion.gif
632KB, 500x294px
>>15666293
>>
>>15666018
toku is /m/
>>
File: gay is not ok.jpg (140KB, 1273x713px) Image search: [Google]
gay is not ok.jpg
140KB, 1273x713px
>>15661115
>>
>>15666293
>Jason and Kimberly were basically idiots who fucked up their own lives, idiotically
So in other words, they were teenagers.
>>
>>15666018
Gee, I dunno? Do we ever talk about powered armor and giant robots around here?

>>15666687
Tokusatsu is a production style. It just happens that some of the most prominent examples use mecha, but the style in and of itself is no more mecha related than anime is. And you certainly wouldn't say all anime belongs on /m/, would you?
>>
File: Here We Go.jpg (60KB, 300x298px) Image search: [Google]
Here We Go.jpg
60KB, 300x298px
>>15666718
>>
File: doughnut.png (117KB, 602x514px) Image search: [Google]
doughnut.png
117KB, 602x514px
What the actual fuck was up with that Krispy Kreme product placement? Did the movie need funding so badly that they needed to make them a plot point?
>>
>>15666718
toku is /m/
>>
>>15666736
They forgot that they had to shill something and instead of spreading it out over the movie they just squeezed it in the last act where they thought we'd be distracted by the pretty dinos
>>
>>15666736
To make it really fucking silly. You know, like Power Rangers.

I thought it was fitting.
>>
>>15666758

Too bad they only remembered to be silly in the last half hour.
>>
File: 1492279034011.jpg (253KB, 1200x1821px) Image search: [Google]
1492279034011.jpg
253KB, 1200x1821px
As a fan of PR I kind of liked it. I was expecting absolutely nothing and at the end I got an enjoyable time waster, 6/10.

Has issues? A lot. Could have been worse? Yes. Could have been better? Taking into account current trends, both in social and business contexts, maybe a bit, but you take what you can in these situations.

Billy was GOAT, and the whole "whoa the movie has an autist and a lesbian" thing was heavily disproportionated by the media and gullibe retards thought that was going to be the selling point when those subjects barely get in the way.
>>
>>15666787
The thing is, the writers and director have said so many times that they wanted to focus on the characters and build them enough so that when they finally transformed, it felt like they earned it.

They've flat out said that they only structured the movie the way they did on the assumption that a sequel would get made. Whether or not you agree with that tactical at all, it means that those whining about the team not actually being Rangers for enough of the movie should want at least ONE more, just to see this through. It's possible that the first movie could have been worthwhile if it means that the (slimly possible) next one is full of good Ranger action.
>>
>>15666835
>It means that those whining about the team not actually being Rangers for enough of the movie should want at least ONE more, just to see this through.
If the ranger action is as shit as it was in this film, then no. No I don't.
>>
>>15661458
>Born with a birth defect
>Faggots try to lump you in with them
Must suck to be Intersex.
>>
>>15666890
Yeah, all four minutes of it? I'm sure it would be better if given more focus in the run time of a sequel.
>>
File: TokuIsM.jpg (52KB, 805x218px) Image search: [Google]
TokuIsM.jpg
52KB, 805x218px
>>15666718
>>
>>15663565
like he said it'd be a nod to the actor who is a fudge packer
>>
>>15666718
>Tokusatsu is a production style. It just happens that some of the most prominent examples use mecha, but the style in and of itself is no more mecha related than anime is. And you certainly wouldn't say all anime belongs on /m/, would you?
I agree, but toku is allowed here as of its own at this point. As stupid as that is.

>>15666939
Action is a key part of this kind of franchise so it should have been good in this one.
>>
>>15659149
Ok Mike we get you think Star Trek is the most amazing Scifi and nothing else can compare.
>>
>>15666241
Didn't those two and Jason get fired as well later on die to asking SAVANNAH for a better wage?
>>
>>15668495
Yes.

Also Adam only found out he was getting fired when he saw an ad for his replacement in the papers.
>>
>>15661470
>b-but first, let me randomly bring up pol out of nowhere!
>pls come
Fuck off, /pol/.
>>
This was overall a disappointing movie. I'm glad I only watched it at a friend's house instead of renting the BD.

I could have forgiven the entirely stupid drama if they just did a proper classic Megazord combination, down to them being moved into a centralized cockpit. That's all I really wanted.

Hell, TF Movie Devastator's combination was far more exciting than the Megazord's fusion, even despite the stupid "wrecking ball testicles" gag. I wouldn't even have bitched about the bayformers-esque fusion if they just showed the damn thing happening entirely.
>>
>>15666835
They maybe shouldn't have made a movie on the assumption it would get a sequel. Worse movies have done that same bullshit and it needs to not happen unless you know there will be the second one. The fact that it's taking this long for them to even confirm one is troublesome since studios these days can't wait to announce a sequel for movies before the first week is over.
>>
>>15668541
>This was overall a disappointing movie

Disappointment implies you had hope to start with. That was foolish.
>>
>>15659149
I never got why there's so much emphasis on making LGBT be a single... thing.

It's like, I'm a Canine Lizard Human Rhinoceros. Yeah, I'm one of those things.
>>
File: 1495172230071.png (97KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1495172230071.png
97KB, 250x250px
Power Ranger was always diverse.
Billy was the best character in the movie
They made the Zack asian because everyone loves Adam.
The black guy as the black ranger was always stupid. Last time they did that, the actor actually stole something.
Trini had no personality in the first place. Who fucking cares? No one gives a shit about Richie either.
Also Deadpool came first so that statement isn't 100% accurate.
>>
This movie was as 2010s as the original PR was 90s.
Chances are however you feel about this decade and it's pop culture reflect in how you feel about this movie.
>>
>>15668550
They did that though, before its premiere they said there will be many sequels. What we do need to confirm is whether they retracted or not. So far they're trying to make it seem like they will happen but its likely just to boost BD sales.

>>15668682
Because its isn't really a movement for people its a movement for its own sake.
Hence them not really being able to define anything after the B that isn't a recombination of LGB with heterosexuality.

>>15668834
>They made the Zack asian because everyone loves Adam.
More people like Zack though. They made Zack asian because of le racist jokes.

>The black guy as the black ranger was always stupid.
In what way? Is the color black a sign of the user being racially inferior? Is this movie trying to say asians are inferior? Or does super sentai also do so?

>Trini had no personality in the first place. Who fucking cares? No one gives a shit about Richie either.
The characters had little personality, yeah, which is all the more reason they should be properly adapted.

>>15669296
The original PR wasn't supposed to be anything else. This movie was supposed to be the original PR. Big difference.
>>
>>15669335
>The original PR wasn't supposed to be anything else.
The original was supposed to be a tie in to an already popular show.
>This movie was supposed to be the original PR.
No it wasn't.
>>
>>15668663
The only hopes I had was for a proper Megazord fusion (even if it's Bayformers style) and the drum and guitar riff playing as the Megazord fuses.

But the movie failed even that.
>>
My biggest gripes are it didn't feel like Power Rangers even in a dark/serious tone way.
If you took all the Power Rangers elements from the movie it would be your run of the mill angsty teenagers become friends movie.
What really pissed me off was right after they finally morph the director decided to pack as much fanwanking show references he could into the movie. The suit fight was shit, zords looked like shit, the zord fight was shit, and Goldar was the biggest mistake they could have made.
>>
>>15669350
>The original was supposed to be a tie in to an already popular show.
What show?

>No it wasn't.
Shill pls, the main characters have the same names and color combinations than the MMPR ones, are also teenagers, zords are based on the same motif, supporting characters are Zordon and ALpha and the villain is called Rita all because of a big coincidence?

>>15669441
>What really pissed me off was right after they finally morph the director decided to pack as much fanwanking show references he could into the movie.
One that really gets me is when Zordon introduces the same rules as in the show and then Zack proceeds to break the escalation one. They really didn't think it through.
>>
Is there a worse feeling than playing Zen and having Sombra EMP you?
>>
>>15669441
>Goldar was the biggest mistake they could have made.

Come on. The Megazord was by far the bigger mistake.
>>
>>15661081
Like I get what you're saying, but like as a gay dude I hear people say that in front of me all the time. It's not a thing. You're angry for no reason.
>>
>>15666782
Yes, because cow dick jokes and Billy sperg are totally not silly.
>>
>>15672227

At least Billy the sperg was portrayed mostly realistically. His actor apparently did a ton of research to get the mannerisms of a sperg down. You gotta a least give him some credit for that.
>>
I'm just disappointed that at no points in the movie did it cut to Zyuranger footage.
>>
>>15672576
they could have done a cute gag like the team jumps off from the top of a building, then the screen is the Zyu team landing then they zoom out to show it was a tv in an antiques shop and then they land in front of the shop
>>
>>15661582
To make things worst, the very reason that the black ranger was an African-American was because in the original sentai series the red and black rangers were best friends. So they wanted the main character to have an African-American dude as his best friend. It was actually meant to be a positive, including message to all, but of course, you can never satisfy SJW. That's why you shouldn't even try.
>>
>>15661081
Q is what you say you are when you aren't gay or bisexual or transgender but you want to be a part of the special snowflake club too so you cut your hair short and dye it pink and, like, totally experiment with your girlfriend one night (IE you got drunk and cuddled to sleep) and say you're queer
>>
One of them was gay?

I guess I was too busy crining at all the forced catch phrases from the original to notice.
>>
>>15665745
No way. If the next movie happens, it'll be entirely MMPR S1 Green With Evil. There's no way that they'd switch the dino suits out that early.
>>
File: IMG_1507.jpg (26KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1507.jpg
26KB, 470x313px
>Have you ever morphed before?

>Once. But only in the shower.

What did he mean by this?
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.