[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is edgelord Akito the reason people see Prince of Darkness as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: OW.jpg (133KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
OW.jpg
133KB, 1600x900px
Is edgelord Akito the reason people see Prince of Darkness as shit, or was there other issues besides that?
>>
>>15657790
It's about 2/3 of a movie. I like it and find most complaints silly, but that's a problem.
>>
>>15657817
Came here to say something similar. It could use an extra half hour.
>>
It's more that the movie seemed to at least be trying something different in the beginning then dropped everything and went to shit.
>>
>end your series
>have your movie set after the visual novel that changed a lot of stuff but don't bother to recap anything for those who didn't play it
>>
>>15657790
Yes and yes.

>>15657855
Sounds like their problem.
>>
>>15657855
Everything you need to know is explained in the movie.
>>
>>15657898
There are dead characters running around alive and well.
>>
>>15657817
>>15657822

I liked it as well.
effay af fit too.
>>
File: unlikely pairing.jpg (988KB, 1465x2200px) Image search: [Google]
unlikely pairing.jpg
988KB, 1465x2200px
Posting this because necessary
>>
>>15657950
>There are dead characters running around alive and well.
Like who? I honestly don't remember
>>
I loved the Black Selena. Just a hurdling mass of thrusters. Fuck limbs, we in space.
>>
File: mpv-shot0003.jpg (106KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0003.jpg
106KB, 960x720px
>>15658161
This guy.
>>
>>15657790

It's A reason people don't like the movie.

> or was there other issues besides that?

general poor story telling. Most of the nadesico crew shows up only to remind you they exist and more than half the movie is focused on Ruri doing literally nothing
>>
>>15657855
The game actually came out after the movie. The movie is just that bad.
>>
>>15658282
Wasn't the guy in the movie his father?
>>
I actually like edgelord and I think most people don't mind him.

It's the complete tone change accompanied by the timeskip that is just kind of like, well you go to a restauraunt and order the ribs because you think thats safe and good, and they serve you some weird looking tiny piece of meat that looks like a sculpture and is probably invented in france.

It's just not what anyone was expecting, and while it may have some sort of merit inside of it for what it is, it was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
>>
Can Akito really be called an edgelord in this? He was a broken man, but I never really got a "heh nothing personell kid" vibe from him.
>>
>>15658967
by 4chan standards wearing black with a bit of red makes you edgy be default
>>
>>15658282
That pilot girl was alive too.
>>
what the fuck did they do to ruri's cute bangs??
>>
>>15658282
I remember that guy dying in the series.
>>
>>15658593
>>15658282

Yeah the guy is the father.
>>
>>15657790
The only real issue with it is that there's no 2nd season that this movie would have acted as opening to. The plot just lies there, cut off without continuation after bringing together old characters and introducing new. That's the problem.
>>
It's just different from TV, which many people like.
>>
>>15658967

He was a guy whose happy ending was wrecked for a shitty sequel that wasn't needed
>>
>>15657790
the main issue is that the nadesico movie is a sequel to a season of nadesico we never got because we never could have played the sega satern nadesico game that was the canonical sequel to the anime
>>
File: rtyryrtr.jpg (52KB, 643x360px) Image search: [Google]
rtyryrtr.jpg
52KB, 643x360px
super robot wars fixed the ending akito and yurika got better than the movie and that satisfies me greatly
>>
>>15664535
and then they fugged like bunnehs.
>>
>>15664612
With all the respect, she did say "fill in".
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.