[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This went to absolute fucking shit after the third episode. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

File: 1469325327014.jpg (123KB, 426x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469325327014.jpg
123KB, 426x600px
This went to absolute fucking shit after the third episode. What the fuck happened? I've always seen this praised as a must-watch /m/ classic, but it really isn't that good at all.
>>
>>15656796
>This went to absolute fucking shit after the third episode.
No it didn't. It just got better.
>>
>>15656796
The first 3 eps were shit Javier
>>
File: imagawa.jpg (1MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
imagawa.jpg
1MB, 1280x960px
>>15656796
>This went to absolute fucking shit after the third episode. What the fuck happened?

Imagawa got fired and they hired a new director, that's what happened.
>>
Every single one of Armageddon's most iconic scenes happened after the director change.

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>15658254
Every single one of Armageddon's most iconic scenes are straight from the manga series.

Go read the manga.
>>
>>15658294
I already did. It sucks.
>>
>>15658294

Alright, there's mangafag. Now where's Pedro? No Getter thread is complete without both of them shitting up the place.
>>
>>15658367
Fuck off, Juan.
>>
>>15656796
Armageddon was shit, but it's still better than Getter Robo Go and everything after.
>>
I thought the first three episodes were kind of a confusing mess...
Had Imagawa stayed on I'm sure he would have cleared it all up and it would have been a better OVA overall, but as it is the first three episodes just feel like a sampler platter of a first acts, and I don't think the show really gets started till episodes 4.
Besides getting to see the original Getter forms kicking some ass, I think most of my favorite scenes were from later in the show. The music seemed to get a lot better too.
>>
>>15658294
Ah yes, I loved it in the manga when Black Getter killed the Jinmen ammonite.
>>
>>15658345
Would you be willing to expound on why you think this?

>>15658367
>no thread about a series is complete without people who like the series shitting it up
That makes sense.
>>
>try reading Getter Robo manga
>goofy fat guy dies
>immediately replace him with identical goofy fat guy
for what purpose
>>
>>15658956

>That makes sense.

Yeah, but usually you can't name them like this. Like, Metroid has Sean and Cody and ACfag, for example, who show up in every single thread without fail and drive it off a cliff. Getter has the one fag who goes "just read the manga everything else is shit" and Pedro and friends.
>>
>>15659170
They needed a heroic sacrifice and if they're going to sacrifice anyone, they may as well do it to the most underused member of the team.

At the same time though, they didn't introduce the inventor and his robot from the Toei series so they're missing a comic relief character. Thus Benki was added.
>>
>>15659212
Sounds more like butthurt over people having opinions you don't like.

>>15659170
>unironically asking this question
Confirmed for not actually reading.
>>
File: 1498593045399.png (514KB, 572x421px) Image search: [Google]
1498593045399.png
514KB, 572x421px
>My face when I watched Tekkaman Blade after being recommended it by /m/

I'm pretty sure 90% of the shows recommended on here are pure memage. What a fucking horrendous pile of shite TB was. The story was non-existent up until the last few episodes and the animation was garbage even for the period excluding when they dumped all the budget into the final battle.
>>
>>15659271
and the stock footage
the stock footage was dank af
>>
>>15659271

Truth is that mecha as a whole is just a shit genre with very few actually worthwhile shows. 95% of them are toy commercials and the rest are just aping those toy commercials.
>>
>>15659320
What's wrong with toy commercials?
>>
>>15659320
>Truth is that mecha as a whole is just a shit genre with nothing actually worthwhile.
ftfy. Also, that applies to everything.
>>
>>15659271
>The story was non-existent up until the last few episodes
This is how I know you didn't watch it
I also don't see how that's a flaw. Or what it has to do with this thread
>>
File: usmd_2337a.jpg (402KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
usmd_2337a.jpg
402KB, 857x1200px
>>15659271
>listening to /m/'s recommendations

You did this to yourself
>>
>>15659441
Literally NOTHING OF IMPORTANCE happened until Tekkaman Axe became bad guy of the week and conveniently got away at the end of what must of been five or six recurring episodes. Did you actually watch it?
>>
>>15659485
Yes, and the plot started when Tekkaman Evil showed up around 12 episodes in. Was that not important? Was the whole arc involving Miyuki not important when she was able to eventually tell them where the Radam main base was and how to get there? Hell, even some of the episodes before that were important since D-boy made friends with some military folks that would help him later, Pegas got built, etc.

The only thing that wasn't particularly important was that short arc where D-boy would go evil after 30 min, which they completely forgot about after said arc, but even that was somewhat important because it introduced the Sol Tekkaman, who, in case you forgot, killed Tekkaman Sword
>>
>>15659342

This.

Nothing is good. Everything is bad. It's just that some things are less bad than others. They're still bad though.
>>
I love how xpearse keeps making this thread over and over. Stop phoneposting.
>>
>>15659533
>Yes, and the plot started when Tekkaman Evil showed up around 12 episodes in

So straight away the plot hasn't even started properly until halfway in. Now they've got 14 episodes to cram with backstory for why I should give a fuck about Tekkaman Evil.

Literally the only parts I remember were the recording of his brother when they were younger, that was actually pretty emotional, Tekkaman Axe finally getting the boot and the final fight. The rest of the show is forgettable.
>>
>>15659551

What a joyless existence you must lead.
>>
>>15659450
>listening to anyones recs
There's your problem.
>>
>>15659555
>halfway in
There are 49 episodes you numbskull. Can you make it any clearer that you haven't actually watched it? Hell, I watched Blade over a year ago and I still remember this stuff
>>
>>15659559
Just because things are bad doesn't mean you can't enjoy them.
>>
>>15659564
I have watched it, otherwise why would I even bother mentioning fucking story elements you know are right? And it says a lot when I thought there were less episodes than there really were, shows how forgettable and littered with filler that show was. Half of it was villain of the week trash.

Other parts I remember are Tekkaman Evil burning in some fancy fucking room. Some really gay part too where Tekkaman had some breakdown about being a monster as the aliens attacked the base he was in, refusing to do anything.

Also

>D-BOY!
>D-BOY!
>D-BOY!
>D-BOY!
>D-BOY!
>D-BOY!
>>
>>15659564
There are 43 episodes.
>>
>>15659578
> why would I even bother mentioning fucking story elements you know are right?
Because you read a shitty synopsis or parroted someone else's opinions? I mean, you're not even discussing the plot points I brought up.

>Half of it was villain of the week trash.
There were no episodes whatsoever that had a villain that lasted only for that episode unless you count a few attacks by random Radam who had no dialogue or character.
>>
>>15659586
Discounting recaps?
>>
>>15659603
I can't actually recall the show having more than one or two recap episodes, but it wouldn't surprise me since the show actually was pretty badly animated and didn't seem to have much budget.
>>
>>15659600
Why would I go to this effort to say I hate a show I haven't watched? What do you think I have some agenda against a Tatsunoko series and just like to rag on their stuff? I watched Tekkaman Blade years ago, everything I can remember is a mish mash of shit so of course I don't remember it perfectly. The point is it's trash, it is complete and utter forgettable trash. Maybe the original Tekkaman was better, I don't know nor do I care.

Also I'm pretty certain I remember varying versions of Tekkaman Sword, Rapier etc. getting fucked every few episodes. In fact I'm pretty certain Rapier was his sister or some shit and she was killed by Evil.
>>
>>15659612
>Why would I go to this effort to say I hate a show I haven't watched?
Hell if I know, but a lot of the shitposters on this board seem to do exactly that. They think it gets funny reactions out of people, I guess.

>The point is it's trash, it is complete and utter forgettable trash
You having bad memory is not an argument

>Also I'm pretty certain I remember varying versions of Tekkaman Sword, Rapier etc. getting fucked every few episodes.
Rapier was never a villain. Sword only fought on her own maybe twice. Axe and Evil were the only ones that consistently came back for duels with D-boy
>>
>>15659627
Nah dude, it's more like if I like a piece of media I'll remember it. I can recite Turn A Gundam almost episode for episode, I can recite Metal Gear Solid 1's order of levels and boss fights flawlessly. Tekkaman Blade never gripped me, I slogged through it trying so hard to enjoy it.

I haven't disliked a show that hard since Eureka Seven.
>>
>>15659642
I think it's equally fair for me to ask why you even finished a show that you apparently didn't like, including the OVAs, since you mentioned the events of Burning Clock earlier
>>
Whether you like or hate a show isn't discussion. The thread should have been deleted from the outset, but we have no moderation and have to deal with shitters like yourself.
>>
Are all Getter threads just inherently shit?
>>
>>15659740
Before xpearse? They were great.
During xpearse? They're all trolled to shit.
>>
>>15659667
I don't like watching a part of a series and not finishing it. I hated G Gundam and still slogged through it, likewise with Eureka Seven.

The one part I did really love from Tekkaman Blade however was the OVA with the redone Guyver-styled organic designs for the suits. That was the fucking shit and honestly it felt more in tune with how the aliens worked.
>>
>>15659740
Yeah, I am a long time Getter fan, but it seems like Getter as a subject just brings /m/ hate and frustration, regardless of what direction it's coming from. Not a great place to talk about the series.
>>
>>15659170
Shitty writing. What else?
>>
>>15659743
You're delusional if you think they were any better before xpearse.
>>
>>15661284
>>15661290
Excellent.
>>
>>15661284
>What else
You being a retard and not understanding that Getter 3 can only be piloted by fatsoes.
>>
Is this the first Getter manga to be officially licensed?
>>
Oh I'm sorry, you must be retarded.
>>
>>15656809
This. So much this.
>>
File: viz-media-venger-robo-issue-4.jpg (106KB, 451x700px) Image search: [Google]
viz-media-venger-robo-issue-4.jpg
106KB, 451x700px
>>15664131
No, Devolution isn't the first to be licensed: http://www.comicbookdb.com/title.php?ID=19053
>>
>Devolution gets licensed while OG doesn't
Hate to be a Gettercuck right now
>>
>>15665746
Well, Seven Seas tested the profitability of Devilman with newer manga before deciding to go ahead with the old stuff. Maybe if Devolution sells well enough they'll do the same with Getter.
>>
>>15659271
>The story was non-existent up until the last few episodes
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
It's Getter shitpost thread time again?
>>
>>15658294
One of the most iconic things to come out of Armageddon was Ryoma's Black Getter so... no.

Though the manga is worth a look regardless.
>>
>>15659170
Ishikawa wanted a heroic sacrifice. Toei wanted there to still be a fat guy for their next anime.
>>
>>15666217

>the manga is worth a look regardless

Not really
>>
>>15656796
How many times must we have this exact same thread?
>>
>>15666298
Could you expound on why you believe this?
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.