[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finished Blue Gender this week. Thought it was alright, felt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (99KB, 998x732px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 998x732px
Finished Blue Gender this week.

Thought it was alright, felt rather generic half the time and the action scenes were shit, but the armor shrikes were cool as shit, the blue were cool, and the music was nice.

What did you guys think?
>>
>>15651661
>What do you guys think?
Every time I try to get in to Blue Gender I'm turned off by the protagonist being both a total fucking dumbass and looking like some kind of freaky Guile reject. I want to watch it, but fuck that kid.
>>
>>15651661
>ht it was alright, felt rather generic half the time and the action scenes were shit, but the armor shrikes were cool as shit

It's in my to-watch list.
I've seen the first episode and yeah the animation is very average but the setting seems pretty cool. It reminded me of Tekkaman blade with all the giant insects.
>>
I loved it when I watched it on Adult Swim as a kid but I'm sure I'd be pretty fucking bored if I watched it now.

I'll just keep my good memories.
>>
File: wegBG.png (750KB, 1100x500px) Image search: [Google]
wegBG.png
750KB, 1100x500px
>>15651661
I liked its first half alright.
I liked the oppressive and bleak atmosphere.
Then the "secret" was revealed and it was just so stupid and it completely shat itself in the second half.
>>
I liked the beginning a lot but the latter half just jumps off the rails and smashing into the ground in a big flaming disaster for me. I loved it up until the fantastic space shuttle launch episode and then it got really weird and changed dramatically in tone.
>>
>>15651661
I thought the first half was pretty good and the second half was terrible. One of the rare shows where watching it to the halfway point would make for a better narrative experience. Pretending it ends when they get to space wouldn't even leave you with loose ends.
>>
>>15651720
>Then the "secret" was revealed
Let me guess: the aliens were humans the whole time.
>>
>>15651785
Nope. Even stupider.
The Blue were created by the earth to kill the humans who were destroying it, eventually killing everyone except the MC and his girlfriend who get to be a new Adam and Eve after touching the Earth's core/mind and seeing how they can live in harmony with the disease that created the Blue and sing Kumbaya and fuck this fucking shit.
>>
>>15651805
Wow. You weren't kidding.
>>
>>15651670
He stops becoming that

instead he becomes a complete psychopath deus ex machina by the end
>>
>>15651823
The kicker is, the writer they got on the show usually does COMEDIES. Not sure how much of the stupid is gutted out for the movie version though.
>>
>>15651805
Seems alright desu.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.