[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello co/m/rades, Who are some of your favourite visual artists?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

Hello co/m/rades,

Who are some of your favourite visual artists? I am looking to commission someone to do a mech drawing for me for an album cover. Post links to blog, deviantart or whichever. Thanks in advance!
>>
>>15651347
How about thdark? Personally one of my favorites, and I think he is doing commissions:
http://thdark.tumblr.com/
>>
>>15651374
Thank you, anon. I shall take a look!
>>
File: tumblr_oen4yb7DyM1rg2vm5o1_1280.jpg (440KB, 1280x1513px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oen4yb7DyM1rg2vm5o1_1280.jpg
440KB, 1280x1513px
There is also this guy from Canada who also does some cool stuff:
http://monypich.tumblr.com/
>>
>>15651347

Why would a mecha need a bipod for their mecha sized MG 42? Do Zeeks fire from a prone or sitting position?
>>
>>15651383
Thanks!

>>15651385
Perhaps it is a bit of artistic license? I admittedly don't know if an MG42 could be fired without a bipod.
>>
Bump

Any and all help is appreciated!
>>
File: ProtoKamp.png (169KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
ProtoKamp.png
169KB, 600x300px
>>15651385
>>15651396
The MG42 with bipod for mobile suits is, sadly, an actual thing. It was even included as the main armament of the Prototype Kampfer in MSGO.

Obviously a mobile suit wouldn't need a bipod since it doesn't breathe or sway its arms because of organic muscles. I assume it was included with the up-scaled MG42 as a joke because it looks cool, but that's just me being optimistic.
>>
>>15651541
With recoil that far away from a body even mechanical motion systems would have a tiny bit of movement. It's worth mentioning that as far as info books are concerned the effective range of MS weaponry is in the kilometers and higher for beam weapons, so stability matters.
>>
>>15652049
Stopping recoil with the bipod will depend largely on the type of bipod and how the bipod and rifle are positioned. Just in general, I don't think an MG42 in the hands of a giant robot should have too much concern over recoil. Even more to the point: If you're firing a heavy machinegun like an MG42 your intent isn't to accurately hit your target in the first place. It's to put a shitton of lead down range. If you want an accurate shot over a long range you need a different weapon.
>>
File: Gelgoog Jager2.jpg (85KB, 443x600px) Image search: [Google]
Gelgoog Jager2.jpg
85KB, 443x600px
>>15652060
>>15651541

The fictional BMG based off the MG 42 doesn't have a bipod and functions pretty well as a marksmen weapon
>>
>>15652060
>>15652064
The Gelgoog Jaeger's beam machine gun was so accurate it inadvertently became known as a sniper unit.
>>
>>15652064
>The fictional BMG based off the MG 42 doesn't have a bipod and functions pretty well as a marksmen weapon.
You're right, the fictional weapon that fires beams of Minovsky megaparticles rapidly does indeed function great as a sniper rifle in the hands of an advanced giant robot.
>>
OP Here

I really like the insight on Zeon firearms. I am not even upset the thread derailed like this.

Though if anyone else has a contribution to the original post, that would be much appreciated.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.