[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /m/, are the gasaraki kits any good, despite the time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 5111e2iGG3L.jpg (42KB, 342x500px) Image search: [Google]
5111e2iGG3L.jpg
42KB, 342x500px
hey /m/, are the gasaraki kits any good, despite the time they came out?
>>
All I know is that they're Bandai mecha kits, so they're more out of box friendly than something out of, I dunno, their EX line, but I don't think it's safe to base their quality on that of contemporaneous gundam gunpla engineering, since they aren't being shat out to satisfy the gunpla churn.

If I had to guess, beyond the issue of finding a long out of print kit, you'll have to put slightly-to-noticeably more effort into it to make it look great, because they don't target the same lower bound of plamo hobbyist that gunpla does.

I hope that makes sense.
>>
File: raiden.jpg (146KB, 659x686px) Image search: [Google]
raiden.jpg
146KB, 659x686px
If you treat them as actual model kits (you know, gluing, painting, diorama building, etc.) they're fine.
If you expect some do-it-yourself action figure then wait until Bandai gives a shit enough to create RDs of them.

The articulation on the Raiden (and I guess Shinden, too) is kinda meh with the elbow joints barely achieving a 45° bend and moving the knees further than 90° involves swapping out the entire knee section.
>>
>>15651006

Don't expect modern gunpla levels of easy.

You'll have to put some work into the thing so that it looks any good, but at least they won't fall apart like some old kits do.
>>
>>15651006

Do the Ishtars and the Kugai get kits?
>>
File: raiden.jpg (780KB, 2240x1488px) Image search: [Google]
raiden.jpg
780KB, 2240x1488px
>>15651109
Only Raiden, Shinden and Ishtar.
>>
Are they like the old 1/60 Patlabor kits, with bad seam lines/color separation/proportions but otherwise easy to put together and poseable?

Or do they actually need to be glued like conventional model kits?
>>
>>15651120

That just sucks that the Kugai don't get any kits.
>>
>>15651006
They're perfectly fine. Just expect to treat them like model kits.
>>
>>15651006
>>15651224
They're pretty great for their time. Don't let their age intimidate you. It's like sleeping with an older woman - the reward is fantastic if you're willing to put in some effort.

Even modern gunpla can benefit from a little glue, seam welding, etc.
>>
Would be great base kits for heavy weapons variants with realistic weathering in 1/35 dioramas
>>
File: 1446697762260.jpg (269KB, 1184x805px) Image search: [Google]
1446697762260.jpg
269KB, 1184x805px
>>15657464
bad idea, robots are unrealistic
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.