[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this shit? I'm worried it'll just make me angry,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: ZtqsMLZHTac.jpg (203KB, 713x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ZtqsMLZHTac.jpg
203KB, 713x1000px
Is this shit? I'm worried it'll just make me angry, so I've been putting it off. The fact that it's an OVA that acts as an epilogue to a series that is still ongoing makes it sound terrible, coupled with it being an hour and a half adaptation of a novel.
>>
>>15648364
>The fact that it's an OVA that acts as an epilogue to a series that is still ongoing makes it sound terrible,
What the actual fuck are you talking about?

>coupled with it being an hour and a half adaptation of a novel.

Novel 3 is short and it covers the important stuff.

It's an epilogue to the events before it and a prologue to the events after it, Ghintec finally deciding that he's 100% Abh, and saying as much to his former foster family, putting them on opposite sides of the giant war that breaks out in the next novel which will never get animated.
>>
>>15648395
I read some amazon reviews, and a lot of people commented on the epilogue thing. I've also heard it from multiple people on other sites that it does as well. But, if you say so, I'll watch it. Thanks.
>>
>>15648403
It does have a slight problem of heavily referencing stuff from the Banner NOVELS which didn't end up much in the show (mostly the stuff about Ghintec's past) but it's easy enough to pick up on what's going on from the context.
>>
>>15648429
They were probably complaining about the retarded pre-credits that were completely unnecessary. Overall, I really was just worried for nothing as it was pretty good.
Just as another question, are any of the seasons bad adaptations? I'm considering reading the novels seeing as a sequel is most likely never going to happen and the manga will take years to catch up. Knowing that one of them was bad would give me more of a reason to suffer through my shit Japanese and read the novels.
>>
>>15648701
It depends on what you're looking for.

All of them could be considered bad adaptations because they leave out the meat of the novels, which is droning on and on and on and on about Abh culture, society, customs, history, and language 90% of the time. But they cover the plot decently enough and are generally actually good.

To be honest Banner 1 is pretty bad not because it leaves stuff out but because it has terrible (slow) pacing, I don't think ANY anime series ever has stretched a single light novel out for that long.

>I'm considering reading the novels seeing as a sequel is most likely never going to happen and the manga will take years to catch up.

Books 4 and 5 are basically one long story of how the war is getting bad, and 5 ends with "END OF PART 1" and ends on a cliffhanger.

It took nine years for book 5 to come out. There is NO word on when the next book will be released.
>>
>>15648701
>shit Japanese
Do be warned that the books are written by an actual linguist and feature a ridiculous amount of made-up words that require you to be able to understand the individual kanji for you to get them.
>>
>>15648364
Are you expecting much?
>>
>>15650419
>it has terrible (slow) pacing
The slow, operatic pacing was the best part of BotS 1 though.
>>
>>15648364
It's shit.
>>
>>15651362
I expected an OVA about some shitty romance, and I was satisfyingly surprised to get none of that.
>>15650419
Banner I was actually the reason I asked. It was by far the one I liked the least, and while it was undoubtedly a necessary watch, this is really what I remember most from it.
>>15650456
I sort of expected this, but thanks for the insight. I'm still gonna try to read them.
>>
>>15648364
Hattori Katsuhisa is great. At the very least the soundtrack should be fantastic. I don't even know what this show is, but I'm going to go find the soundtrack now.
>>
>>15651478
>>フリューバル・グレール・ゴル・バーリ第二七代スピュネージュ、アブリアル・ネイ=ドゥブレスク・ドリュー・アブリアルサル・ラマージュの乗る、グラーガ・グラーガラクにしてルエ・リュール<ガフトノーシュ>はアローシュ・ラクファカールのなかをルエ・イベイへむけてごく低速度で滑っていた。

>>The 27th Spunege of the Frubal Grel Gol Bari, Abrial Nei-Dublesc Dreucc Abrialsal Lamaghe's Graga Gragalak and Rue Luel the Gaftonosh slid slowly through Arosch Lakfakar towards the Rue Ibey
>>
>>15651705
Wut
>>
>>15651705

I swear at least a third of the words in these things has to account for names of people and places
>>
>>15653206
Lamaghe, Gaftonosh and Lakfakar are names.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.