[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there contrarian hipsters out there that think this is one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: SpikyGargoyletron.jpg (593KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
SpikyGargoyletron.jpg
593KB, 960x1440px
Are there contrarian hipsters out there that think this is one of the best Transformers entries of all time just as most normies thought back in 2009 and that anything G1-related is absolute garbage that deserves to be dismissed?
>>
>>15648148
>merely asking if some bullshit strawman you just invented off the top of your head exists
no no, that's not how this works, you're supposed to repeatedly insist that these people have infiltrated every possible space of discussion and make samefag replies to yourself in agreement until the thread gets pruned. C for effort, see me after class.
>>
>>15648148
No, even the people who like Bay's Transformers movies think Revenge of the Fallen was bad. Now, Dark of the Moon, that one is pretty good.
>>
>>15648288
And the worst thing about it is that, in most critics' eyes, it became the definitive Bayformers movie which means it defines the series' terribleness.

I seriously feel sorry for Bayformers. It has a ton of cool concepts, designs, effects and ideas, but they all go to waste because of Bay's directing style and because of how successful ROTF was. Looking forward to the Bumblebee movie breaking the series out of its perpetual slump.
>>
>>15648357
(cont'd)
Not to mention that AoE and TLK made efforts to be more G1-esque and critics *still* lambasted them because it was too little, too late.
>>
>>15648357
implying they are still making that Bumblebee movie after that disaster the last knight was
>>
>>15648756
It's directed by the head of a universally acclaimed, obscure stop-motion animation studio instead of Bay, so that's something.
>>
I genuinely like the film, or at least I do as much as any other bayformers movie. (which is less than most other TF properties, but enough to enjoy it for what it is.)

1. It's part one of a 2 part story. Several details will be addressed in TF6 (if we get one).
2. Cybertron survived and even gets partially restored, destroying it in DOTM was dumb.
3. More bot talk than 1-2 had.
4. Welker and Cullen together.
5. Cogman was entertaining.
6. Quintessa is one of the 13, only 7 of which were shown in RoTF, but the books/novels confirmed there were always 13. Allspark made Primus, Primus created the Dynasty of Primes, Quintessa was responsible for using the Allspark's power to birth the race as a whole. Unless of course she's lying about a lot of things.
7. While not my favorite version of the Chaos bringer, Unicron as Earth does have story potential. Hopefully they do more with it than Prime did.

I actually feel like this one was made for those who get TF lore, but because of that it didn't connect as well with the TF public. But because Geewuners already hate Bayformers, they didn't like it either. So it was lose lose. Put those biases aside and it was exactly like the other films. Definitely not the best, but the worst part for me was the little girl being pretty much useless and some of Megs and the Decepticon's wasted potential.

Beyond that, this was standard bayformers fare. I watched it mere hours after the other 4 and it didn't feel any different.

Having said that, I don't care at all about the Bumblebee film and I hope they don't fuck up 6 if they make it.
>>
>>15648148
1>4>2>>3>>>>>5
there is something with the characters of the 3 and 5
which really make them really bad
>>
>>15649078
How would you compare it to 1 and 3? And what do Geewunners think of TLK Megs, is he merely just "an inferior version" now like Prime is rather than "an unfaithful abomination and a disgrace to the character" like Weaving's Megs was?
>>
>>15648148

No matter how shitty the rest of it is, ROTF has a cool opening with the Autobots working with NEST and the factoryforest battle.

Honestly each of the TF movies has a handful of great scenes surrounded by bad.
>>
>>15648288
>No, even the people who like Bay's Transformers movies think Revenge of the Fallen was bad.
This. Revenge of the Fallen had the dumbest humor, the wimpiest Megatron and had horrible pacing. The other movies have problems of course, but they usually have decent momentum. Revenge of the Fallen does not.
>>
G1 is fine, they just need to make series that try to stand on their own two legs like Victory or Beast Wars.
The movies are a prime example of just staying in G1's 'safezone', like most of the recent western cartoons (even ones I like such as Animated). Even the best movie, Dark of the Moon is just a plot from the original cartoon.
>>
>>15648148
It's one of the best entries of all time.

Because it had the best toyline.
>>
>>15648148
I don't know if they changed writers after the first one but the series loses all sense of cohesion and narrative with each successive entry. Sure, there's still some cool moments in the sequels but they completely dropped the ball on story and pacing.

I want to blame Ehren Kruger (who also wrote the new Ghost in the Shell) but I'm not sure he's really the only problem.
>>
>>15648148
The sad thing about RoTF is that there's 15 minutes of excellent robot action buried within shit.

The film is weighed down by a LOT of fat, particularly the 'comedy' scenes that are too juvenile to be enjoyed by adults and too crude to be understood by children.

When RoTF came out on DVD I tried to make it more watchable by cutting the fat to make a 1hr 50min film that was actually much easier to watch. This wasn't hard to do seeing as Bay's film-making is extremely 'modular' (i.e. separate comedy scenes, plot-moving scenes and action scenes).
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.