[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>showing char in the opening for what purpose? nothin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

>showing char in the opening

for what purpose? nothin but a fucking tease
>>
He would've been in ZZ if CCA hadn't been given the go-ahead.
>>
>>15647636
For the one scene Haman daydreams about him standing in front of her.
>>
>>15647642
I don't understand why he couldn't be in both
>>
>>15647636
Because best character had to be part of best opening.
>>
>>15647636
He appears and talks to Roux
>>
I always thought it was just a continuation of the MC montage, showing Newtypes/important characters for history's sake.
>>
>>15647636
According to our only reliable official sources the reason why we don't see Amuro or Char in ZZ is because they're too busy off-screen doing super important secret stuff.

Amuro is piloting a custom Zeta Plus under a pseudonym and Char is acquiring resources and taking advantage of the Neo Zeon civil war to gain support.
>>
Isn't he busy recovering from brain damage?
>>
>>15647636
You gotta wonder what his role would have been had he appeared in ZZ. Maybe shit wouldn't have been so jarring in CCA with him suddenly being the bad guy again.
>>
>>15647982
It would be jarring to see him interact with the shitshows of either AEUG or NZ.
>>
Before production of CCA was greenlit, I assume the plan to actually show Char's descent to his axis-dropping state of mind. I don't hate CCA but I do think the production plan may have resulted in a few unrealized concepts.
>>
>>15647995
He interacted with both in Zeta.
>>
>>15647982
>jarring
>suddenly
>bad guy
Spotted the fucking retard
>>
>>15648061
More like person that actually followed production order.
>>
>>15648014
You see it starting at the end of zeta but yeah, you kinda just have to assume a bunch of shit between then and 0093.
>>
>>15648085
But he wasn't a bad guy in CCA, Amuro was.
>>
>>15648563

Go to bed Nanai, you're clearly drunk and Char would rather look at a hole in the wall and dream of Lalah than touch you so staying up defending him won't get you anything besides more frustration.
>>
>>15648563
There's absolutely no way to spin this in a way that works in CCA. Maybe in 0079, but not CCA.
>>
>>15648692
I don't need to spin it. Just look at the actions of Amuro & the Feddies in CCA. They abuse a young girl, intentionally shoot down their own people, and make backroom deals with the antagonists. Meanwhile Char simply wants to elevate humanity and even gives Amuro advanced technology so they can have an honorable & fair duel.
>>
File: ToTheDrink.gif (500KB, 500x375px)
ToTheDrink.gif
500KB, 500x375px
>>15648720
If you think about it, all Earth does in that point of Gundam history is create war and strife. People constantly fighting over Earth and its governance. People constantly fighting over who gets to live there and mooch off the colonies. On top of that, Earth's natural conditions just kept deteriorating because of the constant war.

Char just wanted everybody to be happy. By destroying Earth.

If children are constantly fighting over a toy, and they won't respect the boundaries you set, then sometimes you just need to take the toy away.

He was the good guy!
>>
File: Why Axis was sold.webm (1MB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Why Axis was sold.webm
1MB, 1920x1040px
>>15648720

> They abuse a young girl

Attempting to return her to her parents, what monsters.

> intentionally shoot down their own people

Huh?

> make backroom deals with the antagonists

Because the antagonist forced their hand and basically left them no choice. That, and they needed the money to fund welfare schemes (presumably colony reconstruction and immigration like Sweetwater) after several wars had drained their pockets. Not to mention that their backroom deal partially consisted of offering Char employment for all Zeon soldiers following fleet disbandment since Char stated they'd be out jobs if he was to disband the fleet. Talk about bastards.

> Earth's natural conditions just kept deteriorating because of the constant war

Yea, I bet dropping an asteroid was really going to help with that. Plus, it's not like Zeon had any fault in those wars: it was all the Federation's fault for fighting Zeon.

> He was the good guy!

Totally. I mean, he was just sticking it to corrupt oligarchs who ruined the Earth and forced people to live in space by ruining the Earth and forcing people to live in space. He had to drop that rock, there was never any other practical way to move or forcibly push everyone in to space. I mean, how would anyone even do that? It's not like such a thing has ever been done in history. And he was doing it to pursue his father's unproven, untested and completely unscientific notion that living in space made people newtypes and newtypes were simply better than regular people. He had to do it. Total hero.
>>
>>15647661
>I don't understand why he couldn't be in both
The same goes for Amuro. The potential is there for a really interesting story about Amuro and Char, Amuro could be doing his thing of rightly predicting Char's crazy plans (in ZZ's original draft Char was going to be assasinating Feddie officials before dropping Axis).

I'm surprised there hasn't been a manga that covers this, I almost wonder if Kitazume would do it or if he'll go on to doing ZZ itself given the various cameos he's been putting into Define.
>>
>>15647982

His role apparently was originally intended to be more of a morally grey character, akin to his role in 0079, first joining Haman's side while skirmishing against Judau and trying to train him to be a better pilot while he waits for Haman to play her hand and then assassinating both the heads of the EF and Haman in the finale. Judau takes a stance against him once he does so, so the show probably intended to have him and Judau face off in the finale but there was never any intention to have Char appear in both ZZ (or Zeta Part II as it was originally called in production) and in Char's Counterattack, with the fomer setting up the latter. The reason he didn't appear in both is likely less that he couldn't and more than Tomino and other producers/directors decided he wouldn't. Probably so as to make ZZ more of it's own story and less just a setup for a film that people may not see.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (28KB, 1280x720px)
maxresdefault.jpg
28KB, 1280x720px
>>15647636
They just changed their plans along the way, kinda like when they showed this in the first OP of Zeta
>>
>>15648720
>& the Feddies
You already moved the goalpost. This was about Char and Amuro.
>>
>>15648563
He isn't a "bad guy" ever. He's just a horribly broken human being who gets through life by pretending to be someone he isn't. The quest to murder the Zabis was pretty much the only time he ever actually acted of his own volition. The rest of the time in MSG he was pretending to be the hero that Zeon needed. In Zeta he pretended to be the hero that AEUG needed, then pretended to be the politician that AEUG needed. In CCA he's back to pretending to be the hero that the Zeon remnants needed. It's all just a bluff.
>>
>>15649101
>It's all just a bluff.
Nice headcanon.
>>
>>15649101
I think I can agree with some of the stuff you said. But i don't think he was pretending when he acted as a mentor for Kamille.

>it's all just a bluff
I think he cared a bit about earth in CCA. It's just that his "hate" towards Amuro was more important.
>>
>>15647982
>>15648922
>>15649101
People tend to ignore the fact that him being a "good" guy in Zeta is just as much of a flip as him going back to being a "bad" guy in CCA.

Char started out his military career by killing an innocent dude and stealing his life. At what point do they really tell you that he grew out of his sociopathy? Does Char or any other character ever mention anything about him changing? I think people get confused just because he was Kamille's aniki-chui guy. Char isn't incapable of a little warmth and sentiment. He can be nice to the handful of people he actually likes. That doesn't change who he is deep down though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrtpqL6IjRY

Hayato literally encourages Char to try and lead the world because hey he's AYOOG now, how bad could he be? The thing is, Quattro Bajeena is not entirely real, but Hayato doesn't know. In reality Char is just siding with people who are fighting the Feddies he likes the least. When that threat is over, Earth still remains in Char's mind. Even in Zeta it's clear that he's gone balls deep into Daddy Deikun's philosophy and the Dakar speech is clearly meant to be the "Char is continuing his father's legacy moment." Char, at the time, is not in a dark place; but the dismal events of Zeta's end convince him to go deeper and darker into trying to achieve Deikun's dream.

So Char finally gets the courage to lead, but he's Char. A killer, a soldier, and alway s self-righteous. He goes about fixing the whole "Earth vs. Space" thing by attempting what he sees as a violent, tragic, but necessary sacrifice for the greater utilitarian good of humanity. The only people who will agree to that are of course Zeeks, so it's only natural he would take control of them.
>>
>>15650194
At the same time that is happening, the dude is just wasting away because there's nobody left that he gives a shit about and Lalah literally is haunting him. The one person that could save him, the surrogate parent to the orphan that is Char, he feels her presence in space. He doesn't *hate* Amuro per se but he still has this feeling like they need to settle the score. In CCA Char says that "Lalah found the compassion in Amuro that she had been searching for all that time." The compassion that Char didn't have. In that moment of connection, Amuro stole her from Char, and by doing so he killed her. Amuro beat him as a pilot and a person and a Newtype. The more he had time to dwell on it, the more it invalidated his whole being.

To kill or be killed by Amuro in a fair fight became his ulterior obsession. And while he's at it, why not live up to his lack of compassion and do something wicked for the perceived greater good?
>>
>>15650194
>>15650203

All of this pretty well covers it, but it's also worth noting that CCA gets called Char's Midlife Crisis for a reason. Char's 33 at the time of CCA. The last time he did anything noteworthy with his life was six years ago, and it ended pretty poorly. The last time he accomplished something he actually felt good about was killing the Zabis when he was twenty, and any good feelings from that accomplishment have long since faded. Char has by and large not done anything with his young adulthood that he now thinks was worth doing.
>>
I'll not even sure if i liked CCA more than F91.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.