[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you adapt pic related to the bug screen for an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: Fang_of_the_Sun_Dougram.jpg (88KB, 360x504px) Image search: [Google]
Fang_of_the_Sun_Dougram.jpg
88KB, 360x504px
How would you adapt pic related to the bug screen for an American audience?
>>
>>15646722
>bug screen
>literally dougram for ants
>>
>>15646722
As a fictional documentary
>>
>>15646722
I wouldn't. American market can't accept story more difficult than "good freedom vs evil slavery" while Dougram is about the shades of gray and is pretty much a story about Cuban Revolution with mechs.
>>
the first episode combined with the last basically where the war is over but they throw you right into the action with dougram's last mission that is a success but then they get confronted by the giant federation force and destroy dougram
>>
>>15646870
>Cuban Revolution with mechs.
Except Che and Fidel gets betrayed by their more moderate comrade who although manages to oust Batista but ends up perpetuating American monopoly on Cuban economy?
>>
>>15646870
Actually, I find it's often the opposite. American markets often find black and white stories to be beneath them. The good guys can't ever be "good," they need to at least have a gravelly voice or they can't be taken seriously.

And I really wouldn't say Dougram has shades of grey either. The Earth loyalists are never presented as doing the right thing even if they do have reasonable people on their side.
>>
>>15647217
You find it wrong anon.
>>
>>15647217
>The Earth loyalists are never presented as doing the right thing even if they do have reasonable people on their side.

The husband of Crinn's sister was seriously trying to push the land reform through and he did try to allevate the suffering cause by the civil war. Denon basically said that both were good ideas, if not for the fact that they couldn't actually risk losing their economic grip on the colony.
>>
>>15646722
Figure out how to resurrect Stanley Kubrick and go on from there.
>>
>>15647217
>The Earth loyalists are never presented as doing the right thing even if they do have reasonable people on their side.

That's up for you to decide. Denon and Crinn both present valid points, and you as the viewer decide which ones you agree with.
>>
>>15647503
The only semi-valid point that Denon might have had is that the Earth needed Deloyer's food supply, and we have no way of knowing how right he is since there's basically no exploration of that topic. Other than that, most of what he says comes down to nebulous statements like "Deloyer is not ready to govern on its own" and such
>>
>>15647510
Deloyer immediately turned on itself. Even the professor saw it was a lost cause.

You might as well give Bajorans self-rule.
>>
>>15648095
I'm not sure if we know that the terms of the independence agreement were made public. If not, it's easy to see why. They actually didn't know any better.
>>
>>15647510

>>The only semi-valid point that Denon might have had is that the Earth needed Deloyer's food supply, and we have no way of knowing how right he is since there's basically no exploration of that topic

IIRC, wasn't it that Earth needed a new breadbasket to supply its rising population?
>>
>>15648141
This was one of the biggest concerns, yes, the other was that several of Deloyer's neighboring planets were potentially colonizable. If Deloyer were given a few years alone it could potentially claim those planets for themselves, however, Earth, with its heavier population and industry and inability to produce sufficient food for itself arguably needed them much more than Deloyer did.
>>
>>15648141
>>15648343
That's about the most information we get and this still just comes off as a PR stunt and money-saving device on Denon's part. Earth doesn't need Deloyer as a colony to trade with it. It's also not really a good thing to have a population rise past the point of sustainability
>>
>>15646870

Ryosuke Takahashi says that Dougram's conflict is based off of the Algerian guerrilla conflict against France in the 1950s.
>>
>>15647217
Personally, I believe you to be wrong. Or at least, the current american and general public can be impressed with the most poor and pathetic tentatives of grey-grey or grey-black morality. I would use the recent Wonder Woman movie and IBO as examples.
>>15649449
To be more precise, is based in a movie about the Algerian War, called "The Battle of Algiers". Is a pretty damn good movie, too.
>>
>>15649449
Of course, but you can't deny that several points were based on Cuba
>>
>>15646722
It's easy:

- Restyle the Federation closer to a United Nations world government, blue helmets and everything.

- Draw constant parallels between the Fang of the Sun fight with that of the American revolutionaries fight against the British

- Change the ending so that Deloyer wins their complete independence
>>
>>15649516
>>15647217

I mean Batman Versus Superman and man of steel also shows that the public doesn't want super grey stuff as well.
>>
>>15651218
Nah, it only shows they want Superman to be Superman. Otherwise we wouldn't have umpteen Wolverine movies
>>
Is it wrong I'd just want to throw Tippett studios at it and try and make it a small time franchise? Like, two or three movies encompassing major points in the series, e.g. the desert chase and Bonar, Samalin's rescue, the rebel meeting, the mines of Palmina, the rebel offensive, etc.

Mecha action would be handled via the best puppetry or stopmotion available, something like Robocop 2/ED 209 or so level movement.
>>
I know this is fairly obvious, but the first sensible thing to change would be the more goofy aspects of the series. Ditch the E-guns for something else. Make the mecha combat less jumpy and more stompy. Hell, lower the scale of the mecha units to make them more fitting to a guerilla conflict if need be.
>>
I'd rather have a modern slice of life anime with Rick Boyd as the main girl. His eyes make him moe enough for the position.
>>
>>15655673
I'm not sure this is a very good idea- it's basically taking away some of what makes Dougram Dougram. Also E-Guns are cool!
>>
>>15655701 #
Well, I guess we could keep the E-guns in, but Dougram's mecha combat would still need to be rethought. Wouldn't audiences be weirded-out by Dougram's political drama juxtoposing it's combat scenes, where Combat Armor pilots seem to bunnyhop in their massive robots just as much as Armored Core pilots?
>>
>>15655729
Hum, I guess the weeb in me is too used to jumping mecha. I think there could be a way to sell it to people- like, "you have to be light on your feet if you wanna pilot a CA and live" or something like that, but I guess it cannot be helped.
>>
>>15655729
yeah if there's one thing I'd tweak about Dougram it's the Super Mario jumps
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.