[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is the better show overall? For me it's AGE for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: age_ibo.jpg (189KB, 450x324px) Image search: [Google]
age_ibo.jpg
189KB, 450x324px
Which is the better show overall?

For me it's AGE for the mecha action alone.
>>
IBO
AGE is shit. SHIT.
>>
>>15639084
Only Gen 3 was shit. Gens 1-2 were pretty good.
>>
Both shit the bed in different ways but AGE was slightly rosier.
>>
>>15639084
AGE 1 &2 were solid, I give you 3 tho.
Designs were on point too
>>
>>15639068
AGE had some cool desings and battles, but IBO too, i cant choose one above the other.

ibo has murder manlet and the visually cool aspect of fucking robots clubing eachother til death

Age has a lot of variety as well, some vegans desings are cool ( ghirargha), harlock wannabe dad, jesus undestanding kid and genocide grandpa .
>>
File: 62320403_p0.png (410KB, 1228x1116px) Image search: [Google]
62320403_p0.png
410KB, 1228x1116px
Let me just say I don't rate AGE very highly at all. I'll probably never rewatch it and if it wasn't for some nifty kits I'd forget all about it.

But I still say AGE by miles in nearly every department.

Plot as poorly handled as it was, characters, animation, fight direction, and I'm even gonna go there and say art direction is just plain better.

The only thing IBO does well is its excellent mechanical designs (with pretty stellar kit engineering to boot) which with is squandered completely with all the non-fighting and very poor animation.

The backstory of the IBO setting is interesting I will say, but we're never gonna get that calamity war battle royale so it just makes me sad.
>>
I love AGE. It's one of my favourite AUs.
>>
IBO
i love characters gundams and settings.
i fucking hate AGE.that's not even gundam.
>>
someone really needs to get sunrise the memo , and bandai.
make a fucking ova series about the calamity war. If endless waltz was a thing this could totally work!
>>
>>15639068
IBO fans are mentally deranged, so I'd go with AGE.
>>
Gendum AGE is shit. SHIT.
>>
>>15639068
Is that even a question? AGE is the best Gundam has to offer while IBO is the worst.

AGE had Flit. Fucking Flit! One of the greatest characters in all anime.
>>
gundam seed is best.
I hate age and ibo.
both are not even gundam.
>>
>>15639160
>both are not even gundam.
Neither is Seed
>>
AGE was Gundam kino.
>>
AGE was retarded, but so retarded it had entertainment value.

IBO was retarded, but worse than that it was boring. That's the worst thing you can be.
>>
>>15639173
>AGE was retarded,
It wasn't more retarded than Zeta and ZZ Gundam.
>>
Age.
I prefer it's designs but it's not only that.
The plot was much more interesting for at least gen 1 and 2 the characters did develop even if shoddily.
>>
Gendum 00 is fucking worst.
Both IBO and AGE are better than gendum 00.
>>
>>15639178

Who fucking cares. It was still retarded, like you.
>>
>>15639183
Yeah AGE was a little retarded, but I wasn't losing braincells over it.

Zeta on the other hand was retarded as fuck though.
>>
>>15639185

Did I say anything about Zeta? Is this thread about Zeta? You see anyone in here talking about Zeta but you? Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>15639189
I'm just saying that Zeta is retarded.
>>
>>15639182
00 is still miles better than Zeta.
>>
AGE and IBO were both basically helmed by incompetent people who don't give a fuck.

AGE was shit because it had this magnificently ambitious concept. A 100 year, 3 generation war. The problem is that in order to adequately deliver on such a concept requires a great deal of worldbuilding, and AGE had almost NO worldbuilding whatsoever. Instead of pursuing its own plot or lore, it aped UC, but did not take it in any new direction or play off of it. Furthermore, AGE had an extremely large cast of characters, but they basically stopped mattering between generations and were given only the most cursory focus.

And it's sad, because AGE has some very good side characters, for what is shown of them. But it wastes them. Like Grodek. I believe Grodek is one of the best characters in all of Gundam, but then he's unceremoniously killed off for seemingly no reason and then forgotten. Woolf had this moment where he gets an enemy Vagan soldier's pendant and it seems like this big moment for him, but then it ends up leading nowhere and he exists just to be Asemu's mentor and then die for drama. Gen 3 had Seric Avis and Obright(who was also Gen 2), who managed to accomplish a ridiculous amount of stuff considering they had like five minutes screentime apiece.

AGE was directed by a man who didn't give a fuck, and it shows. It doesn't do justice to any of its characters or concepts and junks them in favor of following three characters only: the Asunos. But without a world around them, their journey is pointless because you cannot have an epic three generation story that exists in a vacuum.
>>
>>15639201
I agree, but Zeta's direction was even more incompetent than either.
>>
>>15639152
Yeah, but is it as bad as Zeta? Not really.
>>
>>15639201

As for IBO, IBO is equally wasteful, but perhaps even more disappointing than even AGE. AGE was all concepts and no lore. IBO has amazing lore, it's just none of it is in the show. The idea of a decaying society built around neo-feudalism that was born in an apocalyptic war against machine AI that required people to break man-machine barriers to combat is incredibly rich material and could have taken IBO places where Gundam had not been before. The brief snippets of lore we get from IBO that talk about the sheer power that was thrown around in the Calamity War and the kind of people that fought in it are all fascinating. It's just that the show is not about that.

Instead the show focuses on an extremely dull and flat bunch of child soldiers. But IBO is also ball-less. It wants to be edgy but is afraid to take it to the edge. So you get this bullshit posturing where the child soldiers are all fucked up, but not really, it's mostly just one guy. They want to have a morally ambiguous conflict, but Gjallarhorn is 90% card-carrying villains until almost the end of the first season. The main characters are allied with a mafia harem king, but the mafia is only ever shown to be honorable aside from the obligatory one guy, and the harem king is really just a swell guy and they're not REALLY his harem. IBO basically pussies out of everything.

So IBO is the worse of the two for me because whereas AGE had its moments and merely squandered its potential, IBO felt like the wrong show entirely. It was an edgy, gritty show that was afraid to be edgy or gritty. It was a show that followed literally the least interesting people in the least interesting conflict in its setting. It was a show that constantly references something far more interesting than what happens in it, and does nothing with it and fails to connect any of its rich lore with its current setting. And worst of all, it was boring as fuck. It was total shit.
>>
File: Reconguista_in_G_Promo_Poster.jpg (674KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Reconguista_in_G_Promo_Poster.jpg
674KB, 848x1200px
>>15639068

This beats them both.
>>
>>15639217
Found the retard
>>
>>15639217
That's not Zeta
>>
>>15639217
I'm glad that some and maybe even most of the staff of AGE went on to work on G-Reco.
>>
>>15639219
>>15639220
Stick to A/Z faggots.
>>
>Gendum 00 is fucking worst.
This.
>>
>>15639068
IBO 2 Cour 2 > AGE 2 > AGE 1 > IBO 2 Cour 1 > AGE 3 & Three Generation Arc > Shit > IBO 1
>>
AGE has better action, is faster paced, their MCs are actually MCs and I say it had more standing out supporting cast.

IBO has better ending, has better setting, better antagonists, and plot goes in interesting areas.

If you want simple mecha action with good directing, and can overlook simple story and rushed ending, AGE.

If you want Gundam trying new ideas while twisting old ones, and can overlook slow first season and not that impressive fights, IBO.
>>
>>15639274
>IBO has better ending

>better than Flit Asuno golden statue

nah
>>
>>15639278
Golden statue was golden, but let's be honest here. Finale was rushed like fuck and the movie fixed only the final duel between Asem and Zeheart.
>>
>>15639281

Definitely. Zera or whatever Ezelcant's superclone was also basically came out of nowhere and was totally pointless.
>>
File: 21d.jpg (56KB, 599x397px) Image search: [Google]
21d.jpg
56KB, 599x397px
>>15639182
>00 is fucking worst
Get a load of this fag
>>
File: 1444502224161.jpg (238KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1444502224161.jpg
238KB, 960x720px
>AGE comes out
>It's kiddy shit! I don't like it! They should make Gundam edgy!
>IBO comes out
>I-it's not like I wanted edgy shit.

It was your fault all along, /m/-chan.

Now, come, and atone for your sins.
>>
IBO was a mess of unfocused concepts but at least there was some apparent semblance at an attempt to bring some new story telling ideas to Gundam, even if it didn't work too well.

AGE was just uninspired, phoned in and felt completely unnecessary. It felt like the people creating art assets for the show had a lot more investment in the show than the writers and director.
>>
>>15639068
age because the gundams don't look like their waist will snap in half
>>
Favorite AUs are Origin and Thunderbolt
>>
File: Ow_the_edge[1].jpg (63KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
Ow_the_edge[1].jpg
63KB, 400x366px
>>15639182
>>
>>15641695
00 is the edgiest Gundam series I can think of with honor killing a building of orphans. Only thing that even comes close is Wufei killing sleeping trainees.
>>
IBO's worst flaw for me was in between focusing on the least interesting of the cast (Mika, much as I like his massive murder boner for starters) and being rather boring in some points. On the positive side of things, you got a pretty damn good set of supporting characters and a villain who might as well also be the protag in best boy Gali-Gali. And the mech designs are sex despite say, the narrow waists.

AGE's weak points for me were a slightly slow first half and the final arc of the saga petering out, as well as Kio being the worst of the trio. At least, on the plus side you got best Grandpa/Dad Flit, Asemu being the best of the trio in my onion, and also a bunch of kickass designs like Obright's Genoace, the Clanches, and Zehart's Zeydra and Ghirarga. And the hilarity of the flying Vagan Death Limes.
>>
>>15639201
>>15639214
These were great posts, thank you
>>
IBO, by far. Kio Asuno can go fucking die in a dumpster fire!
>>
>>15639214

>least interesting

Look, you make a number of valid points, and I'm not saying the plot IBO gave us was the best thing ever conceived, but I'm tempted to disagree with your implication that the Calamity War was interesting because it's just another one of those wars that was mass destruction on a global scale, one of the most persisting little wedges of backstory in modern sci-fi.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.