[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started watching IBO and it's actually pretty good. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

File: ibo-ed-orphansnamida.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ibo-ed-orphansnamida.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
I started watching IBO and it's actually pretty good. I don't really understand why everyone always has their shirts off but either way it's a pretty fun show keeping up the whole theme of adults being shit. No one seems to be super autistic either and the combat is a lot more interesting than the typical beam spamming in UC Gundams.
>>
Careful, having a positive opinion about IBO on /m brings out the shitposters.
>>
>>15637581
Finish the mission. Watch the series until completion then report back in.
>>
>>15637581
Because its /m/ tradition to shit on the latest Gundam series.
>>
>>15637581
You're either lying or have astronomically questionable taste to tolerate felcher gundam.
>>
>>15637581
The first episodes are pretty good.
It's around episode 10 that things are boring as hell and it keeps being boring as fuck up to the end of season 2
>>
>>15637607
I don't know, I managed to finish all the main UC Gundam series where absolutely nothing really happens each episode other than skirmishes with rarely any casualties. As long as we aren't forcing pointless fight scenes every episode I should be good.
>>
>>15637606
Wait what? Wasn't IBO Felcher Gundam, Felcher-kun?
>>
>>15637581
I liked IBO as well
Idk how far into the series you are but there's a stretch of episodes around mid season where literally nothing happens for 3 or 4 episodes. That made a lot of people say "fuck this shit".
>>
>>15637620
>I don't know, I managed to finish all the main UC Gundam series where absolutely nothing really happens each episode other than skirmishes with rarely any casualties.
If you thing that's is "nothing happening" then you could watch paint dry and that would have more things happening than IBO.
>>
>>15637581
it's most likely you have not finished the series yet so you might not understand what everyone is talking about and /m/'s opinion might not matter to you until you form your own.
However beam spam is literally not a thing most of the time in most of other gundam series. Sure there's seed and 00 and funnels and stuff, but every other time it's just beam rifles and cannons that can actually destroy what they are hitting at.
The guns in IBO might as well be pea shooters until they suddenly went off the opposite end and became outright WMDs.
>>
This was one of the few Gundam series where the fourth quarter completely flopped. Even the third quarter showed some shakiness with the outpost arc. It was an epic waste - one might even wonder whether it was decided that IBO would not be allowed to succeed. Somehow, everything in the second half felt sabotaged.

Like, the last episodes of MSG create an incredible climax that a cartoon should not be able to create. Zeta is the same, and well-loved series (G, 08th MS team, etc) sport this attribute.
>>
>>15637646
>outright WMDs
by that you mean the performance of a regular beam rifle in every other series
>oh no this weapon can one shot mobile suits 2op pls nerf
>"welcome to the club" says every other gundam series
>>
>>15637646
What i dont get about people going "muh beamspam" is that Mika does the same thing but the physical version. They are complaining about beams one shot-ing enemies uneventfully but then Mika does the same by just charging at an enemy and bonking the enemy once and they are out of combat.
>>
File: season 2 amazing animation.webm (660KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
season 2 amazing animation.webm
660KB, 1280x720px
Starts off semi competent, turns to stretching 5 minutes of content into 20 minutes and that is when they do have a fight.

Then pirates and dort happen which are horrendously bad arcs. The season almost ends well but so many dumb moments like fake out deaths and them suggesting the orphans are gonna ago crazy but just do the same shit ruin it.

Season 2 again starts out with more promise, but then slowly the arcs just don't amount to much and everything starts not amounting to much. Everything built up doesn't go anywhere or gets stupid. Then they all die bad end, oh wait they got what they wanted.

The least they could have done was animate this shit well.
>>
>>15637656
Wut
>>
>>15637665
what are you even talking about

beam spam strictly refers to stock animation re-use made popular by Kira Yamato in Freedom/Strike Freedom using the Full Burst mode

there's almost zero stock animation in IBO because there's barely any fights, but they're all individually unique fights
>>
File: pepe hit.jpg (224KB, 1125x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pepe hit.jpg
224KB, 1125x1000px
>>15637685
>there's almost zero stock animation in IBO
>>
>>15637686
Using an smug anime girl doesn't prove anything, Retardo-chan.
>>
>>15637652
The second quarter as well. Who can forget Kudelia taking the spotlight and repeating the same character "development" every episode, the brewers arc, missing brothers appearing left and right, the Dort arc whose resolution is offscreen and what kickstars Tekkadan's drama is some bullshit and that complete joke of an ending.
All that wonderfully surrounded by characters that dont and refuse to develop, an atmosphere that passes itself off as grim and the main cast as underdogs when in reality everything goes almost exactly the way they wanted, the antagonists lose all threatening attitude by being a complete joke and in the event when things get hard they get in trouble they are bailed out by bullshit or the babysitters they join with half way.
>>
>>15637685
Fine then, replace beamspam with muh beams. In general I was referring to people treating beams a bad for doing the things that i wrote in that post.
And believe me I've seen quite a lot of people referring the presence of beams flying about as beamspam.
>>
File: cut the iron.png (36KB, 650x700px) Image search: [Google]
cut the iron.png
36KB, 650x700px
Next gundam must have beams again and decent ones, none of that weak sauce Hashmal had
>>
>>15637581
>the combat is a lot more interesting than the typical beam spamming in UC Gundams.

Yes, because barely animated dashing towards each other and having a shitty sword clash or literal *teleports behind u* shit is so much better than barely animated flying towards each other shooting beam rifles then having a shitty beam saber clash.

IBO's action scenes are just as shitty as usual, people only think they're better because they don't like energy weapons, the only Gundam shows with interesting combat scenes are 0080 and 08th MS team, also that shot from the Zaku's point of view in Thunderbolt was GOAT.
>>
>>15637686
>Barbatos only fights on mars twice
>Barbatos only fights mcgillis in schwalbe graze once
>barbatos only fights hyakuren once
>barbatos only fights gusion and man rodis twice
>barbatos only fights kimaris booster twice
>barbatos only no homo touches grimgerde once
>Barbatos slaughters graze ritters twice
>barbatos ony fights kimaris trooper once
>barbatos only fights Graze Ein once
>grimgerde only fights twice

and that's s1

There's no stock footage re-use in any of those fights also because of how fast they are relative to the episode run time. Even the way barbatos uses the mace or different weapons isn't the same. The reactive armor is literally used once.

Barely any fights? yep.
Questionable animation quality in all of them? yep.

But stock re-use is definitely not an accurate criticism of the show.
>>
>>15637630
But there's at least 20 episodes in every tomino gundam where nothing happens. Basically every complaint I've read applies to every Gundam I've watched.
>>
>>15637745
>Yes, because barely animated dashing towards each other and having a shitty sword clash or literal *teleports behind u* shit is so much better than barely animated flying towards each other shooting beam rifles then having a shitty beam saber clash.

Yes.
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 960x720px
>>15637759
>Yes.

No.
>>
>>15637745
>also that shot from the Zaku's point of view in Thunderbolt was GOAT.
Shiden did the same thing in IBO...TWICE
>>
>>15637754
>But there's at least 20 episodes in every tomino gundam where nothing happens. Basically every complaint I've read applies to every Gundam I've watched.

Then watch more Gundam, go for the UC OVAs, while they have their problems they're anything but boring by this franchise's standards.

In 0079 stuff happens in every episode, it's just not always related to the main plot, it's weird retarded '70s filler that's enjoyable just for the memes, but I'll agree that most other Tomino shows were pretty boring and overly long.

in IBO literally nothing memorable or interesting happens in the vast majority of episodes, it felt like a 15 episode story stretched to 50 episodes.
>>
>>15637581
>I started watching IBO and it's actually pretty good
I had good hopes in the beginning. Later I've lost all of them
>shirts off
Fujobait.
>No one seems to be super autistic
Kek. Wait and you'll see
>fun show
Boring and predictable melee fights, useless projectiles
>keeping up the whole theme of adults being shit
It's not the message of the show.
> typical beam spamming
Now you're trolling me.
>>
>>15637825
>it felt like a 15 episode story stretched to 50 episodes.

That is Zeta Gunadam m'dude
>>
File: This looks like a turd.webm (930KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
This looks like a turd.webm
930KB, 1280x720px
>>15637673
>>
>>15637714
>that weak sauce Hashmal had
This meme again? Got countered by the paint somehow also being relevant, still was destructive even if it didn't match the late running MS in other ones.
>>15637581
Keep watching until end of S1 and talk about if the views you have stay same or consistent. Personally, I'd say it drops in quality (plot wise) around Dort but isn't really horrible/offensively bad, servicable by the end of S1. I'd say S2 is when it gets really poor around the last 2 arcs, and you get your fix of autistic characters there.
But enjoy the whole entry if you do, I don't mind.
>>
>>15637701

Yeah, the Kudelia thing was ok I thought, because it was illustrative how there were different ways to succeed - Biscuit's influence as their strategist maybe a better example. But you can't deny her shaking that fine stuff of hers got results. I thought the Hashmal arc was fantastic, culminating in Mikazuki's best one-on-one performance, but this was not granted much reward b/c a certain charclone was not very charlike. Sigh, Tomino-sama must've ordered IBO to be ruined because he recognized its potential to be great and didn't want anything to overshadow the Origin films revival. I agree with this business decision, though, since the manga is a masterpiece. A Baoa Qu with Sayla playing a key role is finally shown. That to me was a yuuge takeaway. She literally can choose who wins.

And hilariously of course the autist beats the world-beatet.
>>
>>15637748

>introduced lots of new toys efficiently
that's what it's all about .. the gunpla
>>
>>15637605
>>15637622
Holy shit more than one person IS using that term, what the hell?
>>
>>15638280
>second one is replying to a deleted comment and is mocking
Maybe, just maybe it is multiple people!
>>
>>15638280
More like holy shit, someome reported the shit poster and he actually had his post deleted
>>
I'm like five eps in, and I'm enjoying it well enough. Need to get back to it though. It's kinda weird that there aren't any BD rips, too.
>>
>>15638323
you can see another post that says felcher gundam close to it
>>
>>15637673
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5c_MEs9mo
>>
File: 3459122645455.jpg (28KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
3459122645455.jpg
28KB, 640x480px
If you are watching or thinking of watching it just do it and ignore /m/ threads about it until you are done. The problem here is people watching bits and pieces and then coming here and to other forums to "discuss" instead of forming their own opinions and you get people dropping it part way through who didn't invest in it for some stupid shit. This shit happens all the time on /v/ when a game is releasing and retards start nitpicking stupid shit that either gets fixed early or was an issue in an early build. Then months later the will continue to echo the same shit that isn't even an issue.

TL DR
Don't bother trying to discuss it until you've gotten your fill.
>>
>>15639451
Nice Rant
>>
File: 1437197197235.png (103KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1437197197235.png
103KB, 700x700px
I've tried on two separate occasions to watch this series and I just couldn't be bothered to finish. I wanted to like this, I think the designs are neat, but I just cannot care for anything that's happening and, in a series where the action is very sparse, that's a no-go.

The characters were what I disliked the most. The gundam pilot, who is more of a plot device than a character, is a literal emotionless sociopath. This character is massively unsettling and it is weird how much more relatable and sympathetic the antagonists are compared to the protagonists.
>>
>>15640772
>in a series where the action is very sparse, that's a no-go.

Why is that a bad thing when the other series are filled with countless battles with literally zero progress. 10 minute battles every episode with zero progression got very old with me. In fact, Five Star Stories takes a similar approach with having sparse fight scenes and I prefer that.
>>
>>15640772
>The gundam pilot, who is more of a plot device than a character, is a literal emotionless sociopath. This character is massively unsettling and it is weird how much more relatable and sympathetic the antagonists are compared to the protagonists.

Yeah that's why I liked Murderhobo. He's a product of his environment and like in real life he doesn't get a cinderella story. Hes survived this long due to the way he is. I appreciate murder manlet.
>>
File: 1463516758723.jpg (189KB, 574x584px) Image search: [Google]
1463516758723.jpg
189KB, 574x584px
>>15637745
>the only Gundam shows with interesting combat scenes are 0080 and 08th MS team
I am surprised no one responded to this bait.
>>
>>15637581
Good on you for not samefagging like the rest of this board
>>
>>15641065
It was just too low tier to even bother. Everybody who saw it had a sensible chuckle and moved on.
>>
>>15641065
no point in responding if we all know he's incorrect. Don't feed the trolls and whatnot
>>
I still find IBO to be less visually interesting because of the lack of beam weapons.
>>
>>15641079
what about the lack of beams makes it that way for you? In all honesty the Rifles look like they could be in any other gundam series, except they're firing bullets as opposed to beams, but the lack of Beam Sabers I feel really left a lot of room for interesting melee weapons
>>
>>15641079
>not the meh animation holding it back
As this anon said >>15641085 melee weapons are pretty cool, mace (even if it just ends up being a OHKO Mook killer like beams), swords, scissors, drills, lances, and extending from that with the railguns (Dainsleifs, Flauros), it had the ingredients for really good shit beams or not.
>>
>>15640772
>is a literal emotionless sociopath
That's the point.

>This character is massively unsettling
Were you triggered?
>>
>>15641133
>>15641085

They could have beam weapons and physical weapons, like F91 and 00 had Lances. Victory and Age had beam maces, unique melee weapons can be done with beams. I found it all less visually interesting mostly because when a bullet impacted it sparked some, and that was it. Compared to say beams in 00 or Unicorn where there was clear damage, the metal was melted, the angles visible, the way the particles dispersed against something resistant. I could only watch so many dust clouds and dust flinging from watching that mace hit the dirt, or be swung upwards. When it actually hit something it was the same as the bullets, some sparks, maybe some crumple damage but it was mostly indistinguishable from before being hit.
>>
File: 1488117528214.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1488117528214.webm
3MB, 800x450px
Since it's an IBO thread, post webms.
>>
>>15641065
>>15641071
>>15641078
I am surprised no one responded to this samefagging.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.