[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So it's confirmed that Getter Emperor has been travelling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 7

File: getter emp devo.png (1MB, 1943x1400px) Image search: [Google]
getter emp devo.png
1MB, 1943x1400px
So it's confirmed that Getter Emperor has been travelling to other dimensions along with the whole Getter timeloop which was already hinted way back but the plot twist is that it's not actually Getter Emperor that has been wiping out the universes but some higher being or whatnot and the Emperor is trying to go to other parallel Getter worlds trying to "correct" something. It kind of says that the theory of a being stronger than the Emperor and beating it might be true.

The whole chapter was a discussion of Dimension 1 where Getter Emperor originated from and the canon Ishikawa timeline and a brief discussion of the Getter Emperor.

Also to note that Devolution's timeline actually broke the cycle of Getter Emperor's ascension via self-evolution which the other worlds suffered from because Saotome actually completed Emperor with Devolution's Getter Robo which Ryouma says "warded off the world's destruction" referring to the unending Getter timeloop which has haunted the series for so long. So Devolution's Getter Robo is confirmed the strongest incarnation of Getter.
>>
>>15636783
Damn, thats a lot of text
>>
>>15636783
>that it's not actually Getter Emperor that has been wiping out the universes but some higher being or whatnot
Called it
>>
>>15636783
Shame that none of that is canon or matters
>>
>>15636869
>none of that is canon
It actually is canon as long it's an official Dynamic Pro manga, which it is.
>>
>>15636869
It's canon.
Considering how it ties itself with the previous series and all that junk.
>>
>>15636869
.....Still with this Getter Saga Argument.
>>
>>15636910
>>15636921
Wrong.

>>15636942
Still with this blatant shitposting with no proof.
>>
>>15636869

More than not being canon I'd say it's just not interesting or satisfying. Or at least, not as interesting and satisfying. I liked that Getter was an enigmatic, fundamental force of nature with a not just unknown, but perhaps unknowable agenda that was good at least in the short term for humans, but had malicious consequences for many. Writing it so that Getter is trying to prevent a greater problem makes Getter both more relatable and more prosaic/boring.
>>
>>15636948
Ishikawa canon.
yeah right.
>>
>>15636869
Let it go. Ishikawa is not going to rise from the dead and finish the Getter Saga.

No one gives a fuck about "canon."
>>
>>15636783
It's more of a hand fisted approach of Getter Continuity.

Think of it as the Turn-A of Getter; it doesn't make sense and never make sense, but at least validate the importance of numerous entires of the series itself.
>>
>>15636955
Cry about facts elsewhere.

>>15636956
OP seems to. Why else would he be trying to incite shitposting?
>>
>>15636953
This. I don't care if it's canon or not. I care that it's just not very good.

"Oh, Getter is a force for good after all," is a little cheap. I liked the idea that using the Getter was basically making a deal with the devil.

Yeah you'll save the human race today, but the universe is going to pay for it later when Getter grows into a cancerous disaster on a universal scale.

Or it was just giving everyone the opportunity to join it in some glorious Buddhist transcendence depending on your point of view.
>>
>>15636948
>>15636966
Fuck off Pablo
>>
>>15637037
You first Mario
>>
>>15636983
Emperor scared me with it's attempt to make the universe one again through it's consumption, and it was freaking awesome. This is just bullshit.
>>
>>15637088
Let's be frank here: were we really expecting good writing from the Linebarrel duo of all people? If nothing else, this makes me happy that that Robot Keiji manga they were going to do got canned.
>>
File: Getter-Robo-Arc-02-268-269.png (1MB, 2450x1735px) Image search: [Google]
Getter-Robo-Arc-02-268-269.png
1MB, 2450x1735px
>>15636869
This guy is right. Devolution is a spin-off, it's simply not canon and never will be. Personally, I don't like what they've done to the storyline and think they missed the entire point of Getter Emperor. Ishikawa was using lots of Buddhist styled themes of death, rebirth and the natural world but these guys totally missed it.

>>15636953
>>15636983
I agree.
>>
File: Chenji.png (601KB, 967x593px) Image search: [Google]
Chenji.png
601KB, 967x593px
>>15636783
>but the plot twist is that it's not actually Getter Emperor that has been wiping out the universes but some higher being or whatnot and the Emperor is trying to go to other parallel Getter worlds trying to "correct" something.

Textbook example of how to ruin Getter Robo's story. I hate to say it, but Gurren Lagann literally did a better job at adapting Getter Robo with the Anti-Spiral plotline. I'm floored. I'm so sorry I ever doubted you, Nakashima.
>>
>>15637149
Interesting how two different fanboys of the same thing can have such vastly different ideas of how to handle it.
>>
>>15637120
>it's simply not canon
It's canon regardless of whether you like it or not.
>>
>>15637163
It isn't. It's just a spin-off, like Hien and countless other Getter manga. What would make this one somehow different?
>>
>>15637158
Nakashima is far more legitimate. He actually worked alongside Ken Ishikawa to develop the Shin Getter Robo and Getter Robo Arc manga, so he knows what Ishikawa was going for with the story. If anything, Nakashima is probably the only person who could continue the storyline of Getter Robo Saga, seeing as he was the chief editor.
>>
>>15637167
People think that because it has a multi-verse that references the canon work it must be canon too.

And people are desperate for closure regarding the never finished Saga.
>>
>>15637197
>And people are desperate for closure regarding the never finished Saga.

Which is fine and all, if you want to to accept the ideas presented here as your headcanon nobody's stopping you. I don't know why people get so wrapped up in "what counts," especially for a franchise that's otherwise fucked anyway.

Again, it's not like Ishikawa is going to finish the original manga and it's really unlikely that someone else is going to do it in his stead at this point. So if Devolution does it for you, great, if not just ignore it.
>>
>>15637167
>>15637197
What makes it canon? How about this? It's an official manga approved by Dynamic Pro.

All the rest of the shit you cited are also canon, and so are the OVAs

Before you say "not muh ishikawa", Ishikawa doesn't own Getter, and he's dead as shit.
>>
NB4 the following:

>The Getter Robo Bible established that the Getter Saga is a self contained work and instructed that no works should have any connection with the said manga; only to be influence by said manga. There's legally no stories that can continue and expands the Getter Robo Saga since the death of Ken Ishikawa. Any stories such as Heins and Devolution are mere coincidence that most likely contain a disclaimer that it have nothing to do with the incomplete piece of work.
>>
>>15637214
>What makes it canon? How about this? It's an official manga approved by Dynamic Pro.
There are plenty of Getter Robo manga by Dynamic Pro that aren't canon. That's the entire reason Getter Robo Saga was compiled in the first place.

>Before you say "not muh ishikawa", Ishikawa doesn't own Getter
Actually, he does.

By the way, official != canon

>>15637216
>Heins
Oh, it's you again. Hi, retard.
>>
>>15637216
There's your answer.

It's not an question of weither it can be done or not, but the question of weither or not the Ishikawa estate will allow such a thing to occur.

In fact, is their any disclaimer that clarify its role within the series itself? Is there's any way we can confirmed that Getter Robo Saga is permanently ended since Ken Ishikawa unexpectedly passed away?
>>
>>15637229
>>>15637216(You)#
>>Heins
>Oh, it's you again. Hi, retard.
cut it some slack, at least anon explained that everything will be answered within the Bible itself.
>>
>>15637240
>>15637244
The passage in >>15637216 isn't real. He's being sarcastic.
>>
>>15636783
But it brings up a good point: is Getter Robo Saga is Self Contained to the point that it's illegal for anyone else to continue said series without the original author's Input; especially when said author died before he can complete the latest entry to said story.
>>
>Canon meaning anything in Getter when every new story is a reboot
>>
File: GetterHeinz.jpg (91KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
GetterHeinz.jpg
91KB, 800x800px
>Heins

Change Getter?
>>
>>15637229
>That's the entire reason Getter Robo Saga was compiled in the first place.
It was to compile all the Getter manga by Ishikawa.

>By the way, official != canon
You're wrong. Official == canon.
>>
>>15637258
Stop being so butthurt, you little sperg. Getter Robo Saga is the only canon Getter series. Hien, Devolution and Will of Evolution are spin-offs by other authors based on Getter Saga. It's not difficult to understand.
>>
>>15637258
I personally don't know what the state of the ownership of Ishikawa's Getter Saga is but if he did have the rights to it then yes, it would be illegal to continue without permission from his estate.
>>
>>15637265
>It was to compile all the Getter manga by Ishikawa.
Oh, so you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. The Getter stories in Getter Saga were not the only Getter manga by Ken Ishiakwa. Thanks for disproving everything you've ever claimed, dumbass.
>>
>>15637269
>Hien, Devolution and Will of Evolution are spin-offs
They're canonical spinoffs.

Not hard to understand.

>>15637273
Dynamic owns Getter.

>>15637278
Irrelevant. Most of it was by Ken Ishikawa.
>>
>>15637273
There you go, if the estates confirmed that Devolution and Hein have nothing to do with Getter Saga, then there will a disclaimer by the author and the publisher that confirmed that to prevent confusion.
>>
>>15637284
Dynamic Planning have a joint ownership with the Ishikawa estates since Go Nagai aids with the creation and popularity of Getter Robo.
>>
>>15637295
This means that the spinoffs are canonical.
>>
>>15637284
>They're canonical spinoffs
No.

>Dynamic owns Getter.
Rights are not that simple. Ishikawa's estate owns rights to Getter Robo Saga, but Dynamic Pro also owns certain rights.

>Irrelevant. Most of it was by Ken Ishikawa.
You're illiterate to boot. Getter Robo Saga is entirely by Ken Ishikawa, but the Getter series in Getter Robo Saga are not the only Getter series by Ken Ishikawa.

>>15637288
Wrong.

You morons don't even know the publishing history of Getter Robo and yet you want to claim how its canon works. Absolutely hilarious.
>>
>>15637284
>Dynamic owns Getter.

Yes I get that, but do they own the rights to the Getter Saga manga in full or does Ishikawa's estate have a partial ownership over it?

If it's the latter they can make as much Getter as they want but they can't continue the original manga without permission.

I'm not trying to be contrary here, legitimately curious.
>>
>>15637304
>you're wrong!!!1
Nice argument you got there, Pablo.

Hien, Devolution and Dino are all officially approved by Dynamic Pro, meaning they're all part of the official canon.
>>
>>15637307
>Hien, Devolution and Dino are all officially approved by Dynamic Pro, meaning they're all part of the official canon.

Wrong.

Getter Robo Saga is the canon storyline of Getter Robo. Anything not in Getter Robo Saga is non-canon spin-offs.

That's why Getter Robo Arc was eventually added to Getter Robo Saga, but other Ken Ishikawa and non-Ishikawa Getter series like Getter Daikessen, Retsuden, Hien, Getter Juvenile, Will of Evolution, vs Devilman and Dash were never added to Getter Robo Saga.
>>
>>15637316
>Getter Robo Saga is the canon storyline of Getter Robo
No such thing exists.

>were never added to Getter Robo Saga
Because the editor didn't want them.
>>
>>15637326
>No such thing exists.
Wrong.
>Because the editor didn't want them.
They were compiled by Ken Ishikawa.
>>
>>15637329
>Wrong.
Nice argument.

>They were compiled by Ken Ishikawa.
Yes. Ken Ishikawa and the editor didn't want them to be in Saga. That doesn't mean the other Getter series aren't "canon".

My Getter fanfic isn't canon, but something by Dynamic is.
>>
>>15637332
You don't know what the word canon means. You have no proof for your nonsensical claims, you're illiterate and you don't even know the very basics about Getter Robo's history of publication. You're just a shitty troll. Go away, xpearse.
>>
>>15637301
Not necessarily;

Getter Robo, as a whole, is a Series of IP jointly owned by Dynamic Planning and Ishikawa's estate. However, the true and most likely reason why future entries will be barred from being part of Getter Saga compilation is because Ken worked so hard on it to created a seamless narration that compatible with Getter Robo Arc; So it's like spitting in a man's grave to even attempt to add to the story without his involvement.

So I'm saying this now, go on and believe that Hien and Devolution were part of Saga the same way that Crossbone Gundam (especially its later entries) were part of the UC Canon; just don't spew it out as fucking truth out of the respect of those who created the original canon.
>>
>>15637338
>>15637364
Neither of you understand the word canon.

Note: It has nothing to do with continuity.
>>
>>15637369
We know what Canon is: Word of God.

It's why the Bible exist, it's the Word of God.
>>
>>15637375
>It's why the Bible exist, it's the Word of God.
Except it's not.

Wrong again, Antonio.
>>
Some of you guys care more about this than anyone at Dynamic Pro ever will.

Either enjoy the non-Ishikawa Getter stuff or what it is or don't.

Whether it's to be considered part of the same story or not who cares, it's still official regardless.
>>
>>15637369
We already know what canon is; it's a set of guidelines created by the IP holder to officialize and organize the continuities of said IP.

We don't know shit about Getter because noone bothered to document and translated the whole debate on WoE, Hien, or Devolution. We need one official statement that Getter Robo Saga can't be expanded upon without Ken Ishikawa; and you did provide shit.
>>
>>15636783
Sadly, I don't think it's officially part of Getter Robo Saga's Continuity; especially when it'll be spiting in the man's grave by soiling his narrative.
>>
>>15637402
>We don't know shit about Getter because noone bothered to document and translated the whole debate

There is no debate. Getter Robo Saga is the official compilation of the main Getter canon. Everything else exists outside of that. End of story.
>>
>>15637400
>Whether it's to be considered part of the same story or not who cares, it's still official regardless.
That's what I've been trying to get across, but canonfags are too engrossed in a dumb idea about continuity.

>>15637402
>to officialize and organize the continuities
Bullfuck.

Canon is a concept that authors used to differentiate their official work from fan fiction. It has nothing to do with "continuity".

We're dealing with alternate continuities here, not alternate canon.
>>
>>15637408
Tell that the Gundam fanatics: They got evidence of what's offically part of black history and the interview of what's canon to the grand scheme of Gundam.

What we got is the Getter Robot Bible and nothing more.

>>15637410
>Canon is a concept that authors used to differentiate their official work from fan fiction. It has nothing to do with "continuity".

Actually, it have to do with the IP holders, and what they want to do with it; Authors have no say to it if they don't own the IP itself.
>>
>>15637375
can·on1
ˈkanən/
noun
noun: canon; plural noun: canons; noun: canon of the Mass; plural noun: canon of the Mass

a general law, rule, principle, or criterion by which something is judged.
"the appointment violated the canons of fair play and equal opportunity"
synonyms: principle, rule, law, tenet, precept; More
standard, convention, criterion, measure
"the canons of fair play and equal opportunity"
a church decree or law.
"a set of ecclesiastical canons"
synonyms: law, decree, edict, statute, dictate, decretal
"a set of ecclesiastical canons"
a collection or list of sacred books accepted as genuine.
"the formation of the biblical canon"
>>
What if the other thing that Getter Emperor is trying to stop, the thing that's actually destroying everything, is another even more powerful Getter?
Then everybody wins.

We can call it "Getter Canon". Getter Emperor is actually a force for good, and Getter Canon is ruining everything.
>>
>>15637425
....I think we should focus on Getter Radiation itself.
>>
>>15637425
Joking aside I kind of like the idea of an infinite string of bigger, badder Getters all trying to consume each other.
>>
Getterfags, please.
>>
>work made by a completely different team more than a decade after the original author passed away
>canon
>>
>>15637443
>Twilight Axis is not canon to UC
>>
>>15637453
Tomino isn't dead.
Also there are a lot of people on /m/ that argue that the pre-∀ Gundam shows aren't canon to ∀ even though Tomino himself based the Turn A on Devil Gundam. There are people that argue that the Origin and Thunderbolt anime aren't canon just because the manga aren't canon. And there's at least one sperg who argues that Unicorn isn't canon just because it references ZZ.
>>
>>15637471
>Tomino isn't dead.

He's dead inside.
>>
>>15637436
What?
>>
File: 1215193780584.jpg (63KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1215193780584.jpg
63KB, 450x450px
I enjoy Devolution, you just have to go into it realizing that it's like the ovas in the sense that it takes portions of the manga/tv series' narrative and does its own thing.
I think it's the same with devilman/lady/dante and a lot of other fiction from japan. What happens in that particular adaptation is exclusive to itself, even if it is related to previous works. I wonder if Devolution will add Hien details into its story?
>>
>>15637503
>What happens in that particular adaptation is exclusive to itself, even if it is related to previous works.

Well, that often depends on whether that version is popular enough to get future works referencing it. Devolution is just a niche manga though, so I doubt it'll become the baseline for Getter from now on, unless it gets an OVA adaptation or something.
>>
wtf guys enough wit canon vs not canon.

Is Getter Devolution good or not? What's the main story about in THIS work?
>>
>>15637704
It's been pretty solid but I gotta say I'm really mixed on the idea that emperor has a clear goal that can be easily understood. Getter is supposed to be a force of nature, it's the will of the universe and its goal is to keep evolving and unify the universe into a perfect evolution.

The way I personally always liked the idea of Getter multiverse ever since Armageddon hinted at one, but I don't like how this one is doing it honestly. It's separating Getter from being the will of the universe, being the progenitor of humanity, and the delicious moral gray area that Getter always existed in. Getter in Devolution isn't some god who transcends our thought processes and is doing things far greater than we can understand, where moral wise it can be viewed as good or evil but really it's neither. Here it's just Getter Emperor Vs big bad guy and it's trying to stop something wicked. There's some wiggle room to fix this up but this is the first development I'm really not a fan of.

Also for a monthly manga it feels like the chapters are pretty damn light on content.
>>
>>15636783
Guys, we don't fucking know because there isn't an official statement, and we don't know if >>15637216 is true or not.
>>
>>15638455
>implying any of that matters
>>
>>15637482
He has been dead inside since finishing 0079.
>>
>>15636783
So I tried reading that multiple times and it just all turned into word salad. I need coffee.
>>
>>15637722
>Also for a monthly manga it feels like the chapters are pretty damn light on content.
Double dubs of truth.

Explain Xabungle and King Gainer.
>>
>>15638493
>He has been dead inside since finishing 0079.

The world is full of ignorants, /m/ is no exception. Congrats user 15638493 you win the first prize today.
>>
Is there any download link for GR Bible that is still exists?
The link on Dynamic Scan blog is dead as fuck
>>
>>15639503
I have it. Where should I upload it?
>>
>>15637517
>Devolution is just a niche manga though
So, just like the original.
>>
>>15640010
You having fun today?
>>
>>15639558
I want you to translate that shit.
>>
>>15640010
The original manga received a continuation decades later though. I doubt Devolution's creators will stick around with Getter for that long.
>>
>>15640145
Hope you have a couple hundred to a couple thousand laying around.
>>
>>15639558
Yeah sure man
Rather eat it RAW than nothing to eat
>>
>>15640174
>Mazinger is not toyetic enough for this decade. Kids like combining toys now. Use that other one. The one nobody remembers.

Sure.
>>
>>15640010
>So, just like the original.
And that's a bad thing?

Getter is for the master race, not for cucks
>>
>>15641380
>>15640145
https://ufile.io/794la
>>
>>15636962
>but at least validate the importance of numerous entires of the series itself.

The other series existence should be enough validation. A story needs to exist for it's own sake not for the sake of a series.
>>
>>15642019
Do you have to spout bullshit with your "points"?
>>
File: 1380304007238.jpg (133KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1380304007238.jpg
133KB, 500x600px
When is the armageddon Getter team going to appear? They should be with the Getter Emperor.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.