[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Confess your sins, /m/. I'll start; I used to shitpost about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 29

File: ruithoyjs.png (532KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
ruithoyjs.png
532KB, 720x480px
Confess your sins, /m/.
I'll start;
I used to shitpost about Gundam without ever watching it. Shitposting about how cliché the entire franchise was when I knew it was the one who created them.

I finally watched UC Gundam after seeing the 1st EP of IBO back when it came out.
I dropped ZZ after the first EP because I have an absolute bias against it, going as far as to say the ZZ Gundam is shit.
I shitpost about Gunpla being for manchilds but the reality is that I get to nervous whenever I hold a piece so I can't build Gunpla.
I used to be part of the "I don't like mecha but..." group.
>>
I watched nearly every Gundam show and I still prefer super robots.
>>
File: 1328916315727.png?w=620.png (233KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1328916315727.png?w=620.png
233KB, 600x600px
>>15634773
I'm the priest and you need to leave this booth.
>>
I like mecha anime.

I hear that's against the rules these days.
>>
>>15634773
My ranking for /m/ directors looks something like this

1. Imagawa
2. Ohata
2. Takahashi
4. Kawagoe
5. Obari
6. Takamatsu
7. Tomino
8. Hirano
9. Anno
10. Everyone esle
>>
>>15634791
This is probably mine as well.
I also make threads maybe once a month asking /m/ what I should watch despite having seen over 100 mecha anime and being able to find my own shows, I just like seeing /m/'s responses.
>>
I hate every Gainax anime especially EVA, I've also never watched TTGL.

I think EVA is very dumb.

I love every UC series except maybe 8th ms.
>>
Gundam 0079 and Zeta are trash.
>>
>>15634823
>I love every UC series except maybe 8th ms.
That's not a sin, that's having great taste.
>>
>>15634791
Liking anything is a bannable offense these days.
>>
>>15634823
You're on what's probably the only place on the English-speaking internet where more people dislike Eva than like it. The only Gainax mecha show that doesn't get routinely bashed on /m/ is Gunbuster, and even it isn't safe
>>
>>15634837
I actually forgot about Gunbuster, I haven't watched it yet but I'm planing to.
I hope it's better than the others.
>>
>>15634848
It isn't. Gunbuster is pretty bad.
>>
>>15634848
It is. Gunbuster is pretty good.
>>
>>15634851
>>15634855
Dammit
>>
I hate a Getter Robo, Mazinger, Gunbuster, TTGL, G Gundam, Zeta Gundam, 08th MS Team, Patlabor, Macross 7, Macross Plus
>>
>>15634857
>>15634848
I think Gunbuster is pretty good, the beginning is kind of meh, the ending three episodes are fucking great.
>>
File: 1445634740657.jpg (17KB, 254x259px) Image search: [Google]
1445634740657.jpg
17KB, 254x259px
Mashymre is one of the best Gundam characters in the whole franchise and didn't deserve anything bad that happened to him
Both ZZ and Zeta are great shows.
I feel it's a shame we can have a decent Nagai thread due to shitposters nowadays.
The Nightingale is the best Zeon design and the HWS Hi-Nu is the best Gundam.
Getter Dragon is hideous and Liger/Poseidon don't fare much better either.
Macross 7, Tekkaman Blade and CCA are in my top 10 /m/ stuff even with their huge flaws.
>>
>>15634878
>The Nightingale is the best Zeon design and the HWS Hi-Nu is the best Gundam.
Weeew lad.
>>
>>15634773
I haven't watched a Gundam since I dropped G-Reco because everyone insists I watch every other bad show first
>>
>>15634886
What?
>>
>>15634857
Don't listen to misinfo. Gunbuster is bad. The characterization is some of the poorest I've ever seen in fiction. The plot is insanely barebones, boiling down to "generic aliens attack, quick get the spandex wearing highschool girls in the robot". The pivotal point of the narrative concerns two male characters with no characterization and romances that have no buildup or substance. It even shamelessly uses a nameless, random fatal disease to try and create drama towards the very end. It's not even a good action OVA. Gunbuster itself as two short battle scenes, one is a montage of still shots. The ending is a shameless "DIDJA CRY, SON" self-sacrifice ploy, that again has no buildup or real substance to it. The entire affair borders on nonsensical and inane.
>>
>>15634878
>Getter Dragon is hideous and Liger/Poseidon don't fare much better either.
I'm pretty sure this is the standard opinion
>>
>>15634913
This is a pretty well-crafted shitpost. You might even be able to trick someone who has vague memories of Gunbuster from when he watched it a decade ago. 8/10
>>
>>15634935
I enjoy how you have to blatantly lie in order to reverse my post.

Fact: The aliens are nameless invaders with zero characterization or motives

Fact: Noriko is broken up by the death of a guy who literally has less than 10 minutes of screentime

Fact: The soap opera-tier fatal disease that kills Coach and his romance with Kazumi is completely random and thrown in towards the very end of the story just to attempt to give Kazumi some sort of characterization

Fact: There is barely any action in the entirety of the OVA and Gunbuster appears even less than that

Fact: Gunbuster is poorly written and rushed
>>
>>15634952
Fact: Thinking that any of these matter is a sign that you missed the point
>>
>>15634961
Well, at least you admit the point was really about titties and definitely not about story, action, world building, originality or characterization. It's good that you've made peace with that.
>>
>>15634966
No, I didn't. Because you ignored Noriko's characterization throughout all of criticisms, which is retarded because everything you mentioned was in service of that instead of being a plot point unto itself. And there was only like one scene with tits anyway, retard, if I wanted a hentai, I'd watch that
>>
>>15634979
>And there was only like one scene with tits anyway
Confirmed for not watching it
>>
>>15634979
Just don't bother, the reason why shitposting faggots are a thing is because people keep giving (You)s away as if it was nothing, make those worthless faggots work for them.
>>
>>15634979
>Because you ignored Noriko's characterization
Ahaha learn to read. I criticized that the entire pivotal moment of her characterization centers on the death of a guy she knew for less than 10 minutes. Not to mention, her "characterization" boils down to
>waahh I'm a coward, I love you oneesama
>okay I'm going to work hard, I love you oneesama
>waahhh I'm still a coward
>ohmygod SUMISUU
>okay now I'm not a coward BUSUTA BEAMU
And it literally stops right there, where the last episodes focus on that shitty Coach/Kazumi situation. They go to space. Montage happens. They blow up. Fly back home. The end.

WOW.
>>
Reminder that (You)s are a currency, don't give them out liberally.
>>
>>15634993
He is working for it, more than the felcher gundam guy at least. He appears to have possibly even watched Gunbuster. Only reason I'm still going.

>>15634995
>I criticized that the entire pivotal moment of her characterization
This is where you went wrong to begin with, thinking that she only has one "pivotal moment." Every episode is about some different part of her and develops her in a logical fashion that gives her stronger characterization that not only most mecha protagonists, but the vast majority of anime characters period

>Episode 1: Noriko's admiration of Kasumi's talent and worries over nepotism accusations drive her to work to gain the talent she admires
>Episode 2: Noriko seeing the battle between Kasumi and Jung shows her she still has a long way to go and her encounter with the place her father went missing puts her in a depressive state
>Episode 3: She bonds with a friendly young boy, the only person to reach out to her in her vulnerable state only to see him killed before her eyes
>Episode 4: The do or die moment, Noriko decides she can't let anything so terrible happen to her again and starts putting in even more effort until she can finally cast away her uncertainties and become a hero
>Episode 5: Noriko struggles with her friends moving on without her as she returns to Earth to see that glasses girl from the academy is grown up and has a kid while Kasumi pursues a romance with Coach
>Episode 6: Having spent so much time in hyperspace time dilation, Noriko's world is no longer familiar to her. She gives up what she personally knows and sacrifices herself to save humanity and complete her mission

I don't even like Anno, but he did damn good here.
>>
>>15635052
>This is where you went wrong to begin with, thinking that she only has one "pivotal moment."
By definition, pivotal is a single instance that changes everything. When talking about something, like characterization, you cannot have multiple pivotal moments.
>>
>>15634773
I feel as though Teitania was a more interesting character than Fyana. I also find Alone Again to be bullshit.
>>
>>15634791
>>15634822
Don't fall for the "em haets mecha" meme, shitposters.
>>
>>15635066
Sure you can. Characters can change more than once, and often do, especially at the beginning of the series. I'm currently watching Gulkeeva, an incredibly simplistic show, and it still has multiple moments at which the protagonist changed

>I'm not gonna fight -> kids are in danger -> time to be a hero
>I won't use lethal force -> It's kill or be killed, kid, cover me -> I have to attack the enemy's injured spot or my ally dies

Simple as that
>>
>>15635105
>Sure you can
No, it's literally the antithesis of the term pivotal. The term you're looking for is development.
>>
>>15635066
>>15635117
I like how you're sticking to this made-up definition of what the word pivotal means. Keep going. As a third party to this conversation I'm having a laugh.
>>
>>15635122
You're not fooling anyone. Get literate.
>>
>>15635117
From dictionary.com
Pivotal
[piv-uh-tl]
1. of, relating to, or serving as a pivot.
2. of vital or critical importance:
Ergo, any important character moment is a "pivotal" moment. Though I'm not one to quibble over stupid bullshit, so enjoy this final (you)
>>
>>15635128
>You're not fooling anyone. Get literate.
No, no. Keep going anon. I want to see what bullshit story you manufacture to explain away your inability to simply look up the definitions of words before you make yourself sound like an inept fool. Go on, tell >>15635129 why the dictionaries are all wrong. Bonus points for you if you spin some tale about how writers define 'pivotal' differently.
>>
>>15635074
>I feel as though Teitania was a more interesting character than Fyana.
She was. But you can't beat the original, nostalgia aside she was amazing.
>I also find Alone Again to be bullshit.
It is, I dropped the OVA when Titania was introduced, I finished the one where Titania dies and Chirico reunites with Vanilla and Co.
I actually cried for 3 whole hours.
I still feel that the OVAs weren't needed, VOTOMs Space Odyssey ending was amazing and sad.
>>
>>15635140
*I dropped the OVA which introduced Titania
>>
>>15635129
>an important point that signifies a shift in direction.
>when something is pivotal, it is central, and everything related to the topic turns or depends on it.
>>
>>15635074
While I agree that Teitania was a better character than Fyana, I still didn't think she was ever all that interesting or compelling, so I didn't have much of a reaction to her death. Alone Again was a nice, chill story apart from that and I feel like I'm the only one on this board that likes it
>>
I don't even know what a Gundam is.
>>
>>15634773
jesus christ man i gotta say if i was a mod i might fucking ban your ass for admitting to all this shit
>>
I like pretty much everything apart from SEED, Destiny and AGE.
That makes me a Fake Gundam Fan, apparently.
>>
>>15635101
>meme
Nice try, shitposter.
>>
>>15634773
not counting movies or OVA's I've probably finished maybe 3-4 /m/ related series in the last 2-3 years of the several dozen I've started watching in that span of time, and that's being generous
>>
>>15635335
Yeah, Fake Gundam-kun went out of hand these past last weeks, if anything that makes you an True-Cult Gundam fan.
>>
>Tfw when a confess your sins thread turns in to a fight
>>
>>15635418
It's an unpopular opinions thread, not a hugbox. Be prepared for arguments or don't post
>>
>>15634773
I genuinely believe that 00 is the best Gundam series
>>
>>15635344
Why's that?
>>
>>15634773
I was big into Getter Robo when I was a teenager and used to think it was the greatest thing ever. I know, I'm not proud of it either.
>>
File: culture.jpg (51KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
culture.jpg
51KB, 1024x576px
>>15634823
>Not liking EVA
>>
>>15634773
>I used to be part of the "I don't like mecha but..." group.

As you get older you tend to give less of shit and "yeah I like giant robots made for children" is easier to admit.
>>
>>15635460
I have both Autism and ADD, so my attention span is really borked up
>>
>>15635464
I've been there. I still like Getter, but I'm not an idiot about it anymore.
>>
>>15635480
Irrelevant: Can you drive a car? I heard that people with certain degrees of autism/ADD aren't allowed driving licenses, I'd like to verify that.
>>
>>15635450
Why?
>>
>>15634773
I don't like many Super Robot shows, but I enjoyed Guren Lagann.

I only own Gundam plamo despite liking a lot of different Real Robot series.
>>
>>15635464
>>15635486
Getter is fantastic though. Those aren't sins.
>>
>>15635460
TV anime is shit and literally for children. Movies and OVAs are art.
>>
>>15635530
You're right. Iczelion is the best thing to have come out of the medium, hands down.
>>
>>15635530
Those are also shit and made for manchildren like you.
>>
File: 56356.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
56356.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
I was the Shia spammer for Toku threads years ago. I only targeted shit that was blatantly not discussing the TV show and was instead a circle jerk over actresses.

Kamen Rider General has kept the cancer down and we no longer have idol shit threads.

I think many would agree /m/ is a better board now compared to then. Not saying that I had anything to do with it of course.
>>
I go to /a/ for mecha because /m/ opinions always turns out to be terrible
>>
>>15635571
This reminds me, I don't watch toku at all, but how many of you toku guys like mecha anime and shit like that too?
>>
>>15635574
>I go to /a/ for opinions
Quit your lying.
>>
Ban xpearse
>>
File: 72c.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
72c.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>>15635574
>I go to /a/
>>
>>15635576
Most if not all, dude. It comes from the same place, watching a mechanical hero strike poses and hurl attacks. Just one's 2 meters tall and one's 20 meters tall.
>>
>>15635574
Not wrong.
>>
File: 1319229642836.jpg (294KB, 1970x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1319229642836.jpg
294KB, 1970x1200px
>>15635576
It has probably changed, but many were expats from other websites.
>>
I build Gunpla but don't care about the animes they're from. I'd be willing to watch any of the 80's series.
>>
File: mynamenotsnap.png (170KB, 481x270px) Image search: [Google]
mynamenotsnap.png
170KB, 481x270px
I've been lying to you guys this whole time. There never was a Airbrush-Kunâ„¢. I was Snapfit-Kunâ„¢ the whole time. Also the /GPG/ discord is fake too. No such discord ever existed. I am so sorry you guys.
>>
>>15634773
I can find good things about Gundam AGE and IBO that is not related to robots and music and i think the good things is fair enough for me to not consider it as the worst Gundam show.

AGE: Flit's life from a typical heroic kid to a bitter and vengeful adult. It's a pretty cool thing rarely seen in any anime. 2nd arc is not bad.

IBO: If they don't fuck around with dumbass story or whatnot, if they just focus on Tekkadan's daily life, like going to the bar or just hanging out, it's pretty comfy. Also people dismiss Mika as an edgy emotionless MC, but for me, at least he cared. He has some fuck to give to his friends and his bitches. Even with his emotionless look.

Okay, i said it. Confine me in a prison or something.
>>
File: shacoreactionpic.jpg (12KB, 240x254px) Image search: [Google]
shacoreactionpic.jpg
12KB, 240x254px
I actually like IBO
I actually like Unicorn
I actually like 00 and it's Movie
I actually never hated any mecha shows I watched.
>>
>>15634773
IBO convinced me to go back and watch/rewatch all of the Gundam franchise. IBO was my favorite until I watched War in the Pocket. I finished F91 recently and about to go into Stardust Memories. It can't be as bad as ZZ.

Is Char's Counter Attack seen as good? I felt the last part was stupidly weak.
>>
>>15634918
See I can't hate Dragon because of what it gets up to in the later parts of the manga
>>
>>15635624
You haven't watched many mecha shows, have you? It didn't take me long to sit through my first turd
>>
>>15635640
Stardust Memories is great, you'll overall enjoyment depends of yourself.
>>15635624
>I actually like 00 and it's Movie
How?
>>
>>15635489
>Irrelevant: Can you drive a car? I heard that people with certain degrees of autism/ADD aren't allowed driving licenses, I'd like to verify that.
I don't have a license, but that's for reasons unrelated to my disorder
>>
>>15634773
I actually like Gurren Lagann even though I've read the entire Getter manga and watched all three OVAs
Ignoring the fanservice, Godannar's a really fun show
I think Rebuild Asuka is a much more likable character than TV Asuka. Not necessarily better, but more likable
I actually like Star Driver quite a bit despite not that much happening plot-wise
My favorite Gundam is Zeta
With the exception of Iron-Blooded Orphans (which I never finished despite only having five episodes of season 1 left), I liked most of the mecha series I've seen, with the exception of the occasional Evangelion episode
Despite saying I'm going to see it for the past year or so, I have never watched GaoGaiGar. I'll do it when I finish Nadesico, I guess
I never finished Aquarion. I watched the first 6 episodes two years ago and never picked it back up
>>
>>15635674
None of those are particularly unpopular opinions other than maybe the one about Star Driver
>>
Aside from the copious fanservice, I actually really enjoyed Heavy Object. There was something fun about that show.
>>
>>15634773
>Confess your sins, /m/.
I think VOTOMS is much better than 0079 MSG and slightly better than MSGZ.
>>
>>15635674
>I actually like Gurren Lagann even though I've read the entire Getter manga and watched all three OVAs
That has nothing to do with anything.

>Ignoring the fanservice, Godannar's a really fun show
Those have nothing to do with each other.
>>
>>15634878
>Getter dragon is hideous

I used to think this but I actually warmed up to it after reading G, despite being the weakest manga entry
>>
>>15635674
>I actually like Gurren Lagann
Same. Even though Kamina is a bully, I liked the hell out of Gurren Lagann.

I'm sorry. I had to.
>>
I enjoy some Gundam AUs, but I'm slowly turning into a Tomino-UC ONLY autismo after hating those people for a long time.

I'm sorry, lads. You were right.
>>
File: 1488748204091.png (444KB, 501x375px) Image search: [Google]
1488748204091.png
444KB, 501x375px
IBO was probably the first time I had fun watching Gundam on /m/ since Build Fighters, even with all the shitposting about it. I'd say Thunderbolt here but I had already read the manga and livewatch threads/theory speculation is always fun.

The only non-gundam /m/ show that's come out in the last 5 years I've really given a shit about are Symphogear, SamFlam, and Yamato 2199. Everything else I just watched because they were mecha shows airing at the time (Looking at you Cross Ange)

I have a crippling desire to rewatch shows multiple times instead of watching newer shows. I've seen Gaogaigar+Final 4 times but haven't watched any other Brave series to completion, I watch 0080 and Endless Waltz every Christmas but never finished Victory, and I've watched Giant Robo at least 5 times but have never watched Dougram or LoGH, read FSS, or a multitude of other high-class shows.

Kamen Rider and Sentai haven't been good in ages. There, I said it. Well that's not true entirely. Go-Busters was the last good Sentai and Drive was the last good KR series. Everything else has been pushing too much merchandise in Sentai Robos/Rider forms for me to care about. Ex-Aid has been alright but I haven't watched it in like 2 months because it was just becoming another TATAKAE WA NEVER END
>>
To this day, I still haven't watched/finished the original Gundam or Macross despite watching almost everything else.
I don't really care for things like character development or story, I just like seeing big robots smash it up. Because of this, I don't actually have any kind of opinion to talk about the finer details of the anime I watch.
My favorite shows aren't even /m/ related.

>>15635732
>crippling desire to rewatch shows multiple times
If that's a sin, then I have that too and I'm still downloading more anime all the while. I used to ask myself why my dad would keep rewatching his old shows that he recorded on VHS. Now I'm pretty much doing the same thing.
>>
>>15635646
Because people have different tastes, mine being superior of course.
>>
>>15635693
The final chapter of G really helps you to appreciate it and G in general
>>
I like Char's Counterattack, but it's flawed as shit.
00, and AotT is good.
Diebuster is the best Trigger/ Gainax show.
Fafner is my favorite mecha series, and I've seen a "good" amount of Gundam.
Toku, and Mecha Visual Novels (Muramasa, Demonbane...) have a place on /m/.
Anno's best is Shin Godzilla, his worst is Eva.
>>
>>15635644
Maybe.
>>15635646
Because I liked it, why else would I say anything else just for us to argue about
>>
>>15635576
I used to shit on Toku but when I gave it more of a chance I found it's basically the same shit thematically as your average super robot show and in regards to sentai they're pretty much actually super robot shows with less focus on the robot in most cases.

I'm not the biggest fan but I appreciate it more than I used to.
>>
File: BWDinobot_arrival.jpg (48KB, 448x480px) Image search: [Google]
BWDinobot_arrival.jpg
48KB, 448x480px
I want to be the most autistic Transformers nerd knowledgeable in all kinds of obscure toy references and crap. I am legit jelly that some of you fucks can pull up the history of randombot and his twenty million incarnations plus repaints at the drop of a hat.

The problem is that the source materials are mostly garbage. I've skimmed through the Japanese TFs, the Unicron trilogy and the comics--they're all bottom of the barrel shit. They're a huge waste of time for somebody over the age of 14 to sit through to try and absorb. They're so shitty the assorted Gundams are masterpieces in comparison (a ridiculously low bar indeed)
>>
>>15635885
I don't get complaining about garbage in garbage. You already know what you signed up for.
>>
>>15635885
>I love this series meant for children but I fucking hate that it's meant for children
???
>>
>>15635732
>he didn't like Majestic Prince

To be honest /m/ shows have been pretty shit lately.
>>
>>15635693
It looks better in black and white
>>
>>15635885
The original cartoon is pretty up and down, but it's a riot if you watch it in good company, and you can discover that there are actually some decent episodes hidden in there.
Unfortunately by Headmasters it loses a lot of it's quirkiness and just kind of becomes a boring tell-not-show format. I guess Japanese children didn't like the trial by flight nature of the original show.
>>
>>15636189
Well, I think things did circle back around to Victory for a reason. The Decepticons were really damn goofy in that show
>>
>>15634773
I prefer the blocky design over curvy ones.
I think titans is the best faction in UC gundam.
I like M'Quve and really dislike char.
I can't stand most of the bgm in newer mecha series; too weak or out of the place especially in the series related to war theme.
I wish code geass never exist.
>>
>>15636242
>I like M'Quve
Admirable taste.
>>
I hate the designs of Gundams themselves, and most mook mechs, and I don't want to watch a bunch of pre-2000's shows when I don't like melodrama that much or any of the designs, so i'll probably never watch any Gundam.

I like the Zudah though.
>>
>>15636252
Well, I always favour dutiful if not simple soldiers over backstabbing hypocrite.
>>
File: Geppy-X.png (683KB, 642x479px) Image search: [Google]
Geppy-X.png
683KB, 642x479px
Geppy-X>Gekiganger 3
>>
File: 1431337505858.jpg (623KB, 1978x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1431337505858.jpg
623KB, 1978x3000px
>>15634773
I
>enjoy the Votoms OVAs. All of them.
>watch super, real, toku, sci-fi, moe, fantasy, comedy, shoujo, josei, seinen, shonen, new, old, mainstream, obscure
>like manga more than anime
>think there are more quality UC series than AU series.
>am an ancientfag from days of Japanimation
>post on /a/, /v/ and /vr/
>own exactly 1 unbuilt mg gunpla
>watched and enjoyed Robotech when it was new
>don't really enjoy battleroid modes, the planes themselves are much more interesting
>really enjoyed Shin Mazinger
>enjoyed Evangelion but am annoyed by how overrated it is among casuals
>>
>>15634773
My favorite Armored Core is Nexus because it's the game that got me into the franchise.

>>15636294
Mein nigger.
>>
File: Tr-series_dev-chart.jpg (288KB, 1512x1047px) Image search: [Google]
Tr-series_dev-chart.jpg
288KB, 1512x1047px
I still like Gundam despite abandoning it for a while due to Muv Luv being more realistic.

Gundam is still the king of ever expanding development charts.
>>
>>15636294
Who would win, Geppy-X or Kiaidan 00?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr3NO_rLHe4
>>
>>15635343
Nope. Drop the cynicism, shitposter. That's the source of all the bad posts on /m/. You're your own self fullfilling prophecy, becoming the very thing you complained about.
>>
thread got me in the mood to watch some gundam

haven't seen Turn A or Iron-Blooded Orphans yet. Which should I dive into?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2NkIJyRylw
>>
>>15636376
>Muv Luv
>realistic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M97dUQBxnNY
>>
>>15636439
Turn A is Tomino at his absolute best.
>>
>>15636446
I've been dying to try it, but lately all I hear about is Iron-Blooded Orphans.

Turn A first and then Iron-blooded?
>>
>>15636453
If that's how you want to do it: go for it.
I found IBO quite alright overall but you may not.
>>
>>15636439
One is better and the other is shit. Take a guess on what it is.
>>
>>15636482
IBO?
I mean you told us to guess.
>>
I don't watch mecha shows anymore but I often shitpost about the currently airing shows especially the niche ones that /m/ liked.

I still loved playing ga/m/es though.
>>
>>15634773
I'll confess, but it's only just one confession.

I know most of the mecha shows from Super Robot Wars, and that's where I got into mecha in the first place. Without it, I could've been somewhere at /vg/ shitposting about FE or whatever.
>>
>>15636483
On being crap? Souda.
>>
I still haven't tried Macross and probably never will because I can't stand idol stuff at all.
I like manga (and comics in general) a lot more than anime. In fact, comics are my favorite medium period.
>>
>>15634773
I'm ok with ancient comics, live action movies, games, books and whatever else but I can't stand old anime at all (as in 50s to 70s titles) I don't even get why that is but whenever I try one out I just end up dropping it.
>>
I liked both Zeta and ZZ and I think ZZ is a perfect way to end the Zeta story arc.

I watched the 0079 movie trilogy instead of the series.

EoE is the real last episode of Evangelion
>>
>>15634819
Good taste
>>
>>15635464
Still better than Gundam
>>
>>15636136
Not really. Same as they've always been, in all honesty.

>>15636272
>pre-2000's
>any more melodramatic than post
>>
File: Fidel.jpg (28KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Fidel.jpg
28KB, 460x276px
I legit think that TTGL, Code Geass and NGE are the best mecha animes to date and nothing even comes close to these.
>>
>>15636768
You are objectively correct.
>>
I don't really hate any mecha shows, and don't get the people who hate a show enough to compulsively shit on it every time it's mentioned.
>>
I never watched SEED, but games are making its MS designs grow on me.
>>
I think that robot anime is the only genre where you don't immediately deteriorate into a dakifag.

Also I like what I am told is considered one of the worst gundam series because I'm hot blooded.

Camille is a girl's name.
>>
>>15636307
>think there are more quality UC series than AU series.
This is a sin's thread not an absolute facts thread.
>>
>>15636882
>I think that robot anime is the only genre where you don't immediately deteriorate into a dakifag.
Fans of battle shounens are generally too young for that
Sports anime fans are generally all girls and they don't really seem to make merchandise for fantasizing women in Japan
>>
File: 1487757923363 copy 4.png (1MB, 1193x526px) Image search: [Google]
1487757923363 copy 4.png
1MB, 1193x526px
>>15634773
I like Gundam 00 s2 more than s1
>>
File: 136975270732.png (16KB, 476x538px) Image search: [Google]
136975270732.png
16KB, 476x538px
G is my favorite Gundam and 7 is my favorite Macross.

Yes, I've watched them all.
>>
>>15637354
I'm beyond that level to where I think 7 is the only Macross that's unironically good
>>
I haven't finished a Gundam show since AGE ended.

I tried several times to watch ZZ, couldn't get past episode 6 no matter what I did.

I started evangelion with the manga. Watched the TV show and it killed my interest in it.

Couldn't watch more than 3 episodes of Macross 7 before dropping it.
>>
>>15637354
you are just stating facts right now
>>
File: Chirico smiling.jpg (288KB, 800x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Chirico smiling.jpg
288KB, 800x1333px
>>15637354
I haven't seen Macross so I couldn't comment on that, but G being your favorite Gundam is just good taste.
>>
>>15635688
>sin
>>
I like to talk about mecha shows that aren't Gundam.
>>
>>15637688
You came to the wrong place then.
>>
File: 1489217180413.jpg (13KB, 284x178px) Image search: [Google]
1489217180413.jpg
13KB, 284x178px
>>15637716
>Thinking actual discussion happens in Gundam threads
>>
File: Fa-010s.jpg (197KB, 376x476px) Image search: [Google]
Fa-010s.jpg
197KB, 376x476px
>>15634773
>going as far as to say the ZZ Gundam is shit
This is the only true sin in your list.
>>
>>15634773
>all that
Dear father... you are everything i hate about this board. This is gonna be a LOT of hail mary's.
>>
I can't understand why people don't like ZZ

I only recently finished with the UC trilogy
>>
I really enjoyed IBO and I think Amuro and Mika had a lot in common.
>>
Everyone in this thread should be rounded and b&.
>>
I think Voltron LD should be in SRW
>>
I have a serious drinking problem.
>>
Okay, I'll join this festival of fools as well.

I could never watch Code Gease beyond episode 5 because I couldn't get past the noodle limbed character design.
>>
>>15634773
the only mecha series I've watched until extremely recently (other than Gundam) are Gurren Lagann, Evangelion, Gunbuster, and Diebuster
>tfw every one of those is a Gainax production
been meaning to watch Macross for years

started watching Daltanious a few months ago but stopped for no apparent reason despite kind of enjoying it

>>15634848
Gunbuster is extremely cool and looks pretty nice, but the pacing is actually fucking awful. Like, really, really poor.
Diebuster has quite solid pacing, it's just a little bit shit and has some kind of ugly CG. Didn't love it, didn't hate it.
>>
>>15638080
Have you had this same problem with other Kimura shows?
>>
>>15637727
Man has it grown on me.
>>15637861
Not really when 00 ©ucks are running around without restraint.
>>
>>15638113
I had to look him up, since I didn't know who he was before this. Yes and no. For less serious shows like Yu-Gi-Oh and GaoGaiGar, it wasn't so bad, but looking down the list, a lot of shows that bothered me for some reason all had him as the character designer! Godannar is an obvious one, but the shows from Betterman and GunxSword always looked strange to me. I do want to watch GunxSword some day though, since it looks like a really good show.
>>
I could've subtitled Dragonar literally 5 years ago. But back then I didn't care and also didn't know how to subtitle properly. So it never went anywhere. I still regret it.
>>
>>15638162
kill yourself
>>
>>15638155
I see. Shame you can't find a greater appreciation for him, I really like him.
>>
>>15638166
I could see why. His stuff is very stylized, but with that, you can't expect everyone to like them and I just happened to be in the group in that is really bothered. Forgot to mention, but I really like his work when they're less extreme. Cyber Formula and GaoGaiGar is forever a part of my fond childhood memory.
>>
>>15638172
I know. Such is what happens when you're a fan of things that can be divisive.
>>
>>15634773

>went ocd on gunpla and built 40 in last 4 months
>still think gloss coat looks better than matte coat (i like the wet look).
ok bring on the hate
>>
>>15634773
I have never been able to get into Gunbuster thanks to a video panel at Anime North in 2008. They showed how most of the show was inspired by an old tennis anime call Aim for the Top. Especially the major training sequences in the beginning and everything dealing with coach.
>>
>>15638371
That's common knowledge. It's even in the title: "Aim for the top".
>>
I hate super robots and super robot fans. They only like mecha ironically. If you don't take mechs seriously, fuck off.
>>
>>15638812
t. has never watched anything he considers super robot in his life
>>
>>15638817
Mazinkaiser and TTGL were both cringe lolsorandom shit.
>>
>>15638371
The original is Aim for the Ace.
>>
File: sketch-1494126942883.png (317KB, 836x720px) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1494126942883.png
317KB, 836x720px
I defended Gundam SEED before I even watched it to prove a point during an argument. Specifically the romance. I relied on the RECEPTION tab on wikipedia as a source. Then I watched it and the romance was shit just like anon said. And the show itself is overrated trash.
>>
>>15637354
G is undeniably the best AU Gundam. 7 however is fucking shit and only contrarion hipster gay and stupid motherfuckers like it.
>>
>>15638868
7fags are not trying to be contrarian hipsters. /m/ is full of unintelligent troglodytes who actually like this shit.
>>
File: IMG_3360.jpg (82KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3360.jpg
82KB, 640x480px
>>15634773
I'm not a fan of Jet Alone, just can't get myself to like it's design!
>>
>>15638812
>I hate super robots and super robot fans.
I assume that includes Gundam
>>
>>15634773 (OP)#

I played hawken and thought it was pretty okay
>>
>>15634781
This.

TTGL > Gundam
>>
>>15638812
That doesn't make any sense.

>>15638821
How so?
>>
>>15634773
Tried watching Symphogear, hated it.
Tried watching Majestic Prince, hated it.
Tried watching Captain Earth, hated it.
>>
I like Macross Frontier and think it's second best Macross, SDF being the best.

I also hate NGE and Turn A.

I cant watch Tekkaman Blade because D-boy sounds so gay and english dub doesn't have the screaming.
>>
>>15639885
Forgot to mention I like every Leiji series.
I think original Harlock is better than SSX
I think GE999 TV series is one of the best /m/ shows.
I dropped LOGH 2 times before I watched it completely and enjoyed it more than I've enjoyed any /m/ show for years.
>>
>>15639885
>D-boy sounds so gay
What?
>>
File: Ggundam.jpg (132KB, 650x454px) Image search: [Google]
Ggundam.jpg
132KB, 650x454px
G Gundam is fucking trash. The only people who like it were kids at the time who didn't know better. The best part of Gundam was the political intrigue, and none of it fucking exists here.
>>
>>15640055
You may be shocked to learn that some people like martial arts shows, Anon. That's basically what G Gundam was - a martial arts Gundam.
>>
>>15640059
The fight scenes aren't even good, most of them involve either reused animation over and over or it's two frames long.

If you want actually good villain of the week martial arts, go watch Super Sentai or something.
>>
File: topsnap.jpg (2MB, 3072x1390px) Image search: [Google]
topsnap.jpg
2MB, 3072x1390px
I'm an ace pilot.
>>
>>15640055
So every Gundam has to be as political as the UC. There's a reason why Wing, SEED, and 00 are considered nonsensical. They're bootleg versions of the real thing. G Gundam was a series that wasn't afraid to be itself. The same could be said for Build Fighters. It's amazing how these two series which have nothing to do with politics are the top two best AU shows out there.
>>
>>15640055

>Gundam

>playing host to any 'political intrigue' at fucking all

Watch something like House of Cards or even bloody West Wing if you want something political, because Gundam is not concerned with that at all beyond basic overtures.
>>
>>15640372
>because Gundam is not concerned with that

Is this a joke?
>>
>>15640055
I thought the best part of Gundam was watching the autist get punched into becoming a man. G is pretty much the only AU series to do this successfully.
>>
>>15640383

No?

Barring 00 trying vainly to be political before giving up after the first half of 00S1, the only enduring political 'argument' has been to do with Spacenoids and Earthnoids in the most basic terms possible. It's not fucking LOGH, where the show is given to political treatises and in-depth discussion.
>>
>>15640390
So it's a joke. Got it.
>>
>>15639148
>TTGL > Gundam
lol
>>
>>15640543
>lol
kek
>>
Everytime I watch a sci-fi dogfight, or any kind of piloted combat, I can't help but compare it to what I've seen in Gundam/Macross/Yukikaze.
As a result I can't enjoy them in the least.
Mecha has spoiled me.
>>
>>15634781
After watching 00 & Daiguard, I'm no longer convinced there's much of a distinction between the two.
It's just that Real Robot is more focused on the human element, with some politics thrown in.
>>
>>15640556
I should clarify, when I watch piloted combat in theatres.
>>
>>15640372
Shows like those are more full of bullshit drama than Gundam.
>>
>>15640512

Sure, if you want to think it is.

Unless you can prove to me that Gundam gives a shit about politics beyond 'us and them', of course.
>>
>>15640565
There isn't any

>It's just that Real Robot is more focused on the human element
Not true at all, if anything, it's the opposite. "Super robot" shows tend to be episodic, and episodic stories are better for character development. Look at Dougram. No one in that show has more than a single character trait, least of all the protagonist.

>with some politics thrown in
Usually, neither have politics beyond a ridiculously basic level. Let me name every piece of mecha media I've seen that has politics as a main feature of the work, here and now:
Dougram
Gasaraki
Exaxxion
ACTIVE Raid
Arguably 2004 Tetsujin

That's it. Everything else just uses politics as a framing device and nothing more, "super" and "real" alike
>>
I'll start arguments just to make people angry.
I don't care if I win: I just like pissing people off.
Low-effort shitpost sentences with multiple paragraphs in response? Truly no better reward.
>>
File: G-Lucifer.jpg (382KB, 1500x946px) Image search: [Google]
G-Lucifer.jpg
382KB, 1500x946px
>>15635297
It's whatever the frak Bandai says it is.
>>
>>15634773
>I used to shitpost about Gundam without ever watching it.
Literally a bannable offence. You are scum, why are you allowed to post?
>>
I like Judeau better than Amuro and Kamille
>>
>>15640546
>kek
TopKek
>>
File: gundam-build-fighters-5681-1.jpg (80KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
gundam-build-fighters-5681-1.jpg
80KB, 800x450px
I unironically believe Gundam Build Fighters is the best Gundam series since Turn A
>>
>>15641036
Why are you allowed to breath?
>>
My hatred for Gurren Lagann is unjustified with how much I shit on it because I hate people who shit on other mecha while praising it.
>>
>>15643872
Why are we allowed to exist?
>>
>>15634773
I would absolutely love Symphogear if it weren't for the omnipresent yurishitter pandering in it.

Gatchaman CROWDS is one of my favorite shows.

So is Evangelion for that matter, and it used to be my favorite.

I read more manga than I watch anime. In fact, I've all but given up on giant robot anime if not for the upcoming Mazinger Z movie.

I enjoyed what I watched of Kuromukuro. Incidentally, I stopped at ep 16 and haven't finished it yet.

I prefer KLK to TTGL.
>>
>>15643896
Just to suffer?
>>
File: Ideunacceptable.png (244KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Ideunacceptable.png
244KB, 500x375px
>>15643980
>>
>>15643963
>if not for the upcoming Mazinger Z movie
Disgusting
>>
>>15643963
There's very little translated mecha manga, so I don't know what you're even doing here
>>
>>15644047
Why does the lack of translated /m/anga matter to anything?
>>
>>15638371
how the fuck did that stop you from getting into it? literally everybody knows that, the reference is in the title
Thread posts: 222
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.