[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After watching the first 3 parts of gundam origin i can say that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

File: gundam-the-origin-3.jpg (100KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
gundam-the-origin-3.jpg
100KB, 600x315px
After watching the first 3 parts of gundam origin i can say that the only problem i have is how char is basically invincible and can do literally everything with no problem. He is magical, he can do everything immediately. Shouldn't there be some kind of conflict? I mean, shouldn't he at least have some weaknesses that he has to overcome to become the red comet?
>>
No? It's not like the title of "Red Comet" comes with some kind of challenge or requirement that needs to be overcome. He got that title by being an exceptionally good soldier.
>>
>>15624419
I don't think you understand what i mean. I am talking about his persona of the red comet, not the title itself. He should have to things about himself he needs to overcome and deal with, to tear off his own identity and adapt a new one. But the there is no difference between casval or char. He is the same, there is no personal conflict. It makes him a kinda boring character.
>>
>>15624431
You're assuming the Char persona is something different than what he originally was, or that it was some kind of mental hurdle, but it wasn't. It was just a step on his journey to take revenge on the Zabis, nothing more than a tool or resource to use for his plan to infiltrate and get closer to the Zabi family. It's no different than if a spy uses a false identity while undercover. In fact, that's why he adopts the Char Aznable identity at all.

Why would he have to wrack his brain over becoming the Red Comet when it's something he wants? What would be so negative or conflicting about being the Red Comet?
>>
>>15624431
It's alright OP we've all had to deal with contrarians who pretend not to "get it".
Don't let it get you down.
>>
>>15624416
He's kinda already overcame his personal drama of loosing parents and abandoning sister for revenge by becoming a full-on alpha-male killer machine with no regrets of hesitation. His determination is what makes him so exceptional and ultimately helps him succeed at everything.
>>
>>15624416
Non-canon. Literal charwank
>>
>>15624612
Exactly. He has no character arc at all.
>>
>>15624416
I was expecting something about his character than being a total asshole who it coming from Amuro.
>>
>>15624431
He isn't taking on a new persona, he just switched his name. Remember all the people who knew the original char aznable are dead
>>
It all makes it so much funnier that bratty Amuro just ends up kicking his ass throughout the rest of Gundam.
>>
File: Untitled.png (250KB, 853x497px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
250KB, 853x497px
>>15624416
Char and Casavel both came from a not so populated colony. Literally no one outside the colony knows who the fuck they are.

There are no reasons for Casaval to act like Char, because there's no audience for the act. Because... NO ONE KNOWS WHO THE FUCK THEY ARE.

It was a simple convenience to change his papers with someone that looks like him. There's zero reason to take on the personality of Char when there's no need BECAUSE NO ONE FUCKING KNOWS WHO THEY ARE.

Casavel also grew up away from the Zabis, so the Zabis don't fucking even know what he looks like after a decade let alone how he acts in his daily life.

THERE'S NO REASON TO CHANGE HIS PERSONALITY.

OP go watch it again.
>>
>>15624727
Exactly. Only reason to watch this is robots. The story/characters mean nothing.
>>
>>15624885
are you retarded. this has no relation at all to what i am talking about.
>>
>>15624909
You feel the need for a character to experience conflict when taking on another personality.

But there is NO TAKING ON ANOTHER PERSONALITY in the story. Because no one fucking knows who both are.
>>
>>15624915
Yes exactly, that is why it is a bad story and char is a bad character.
>>
File: t cry.jpg (61KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
t cry.jpg
61KB, 601x601px
>>15624915
>Because no one fucking knows who both are.
I KNOW WHO THEY ARE!!!!
>>
File: tumblr_omqjhdhqpF1sr0jero1_500.png (529KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omqjhdhqpF1sr0jero1_500.png
529KB, 500x666px
>>15624909
If you feel there are no "conflict" in the story. You are wrong.

Let's list the types of conflicts in a story:

Person Versus Person. In this type of conflict, the central character clashes with another person. ...
Person Versus Self. ...
Person Versus Society. ...
Person Versus Nature. ...
Person Versus Supernatural. ...
Person Versus Technology.

Etc etc..

The conflict in the story is Man vs society, man vs technology, man vs men.

Man vs society because Zabis controls Zeon. Man vs technology is featured as Casavel training in mining robots, a skill he later used in mobile suits. Man vs men, fucking rebellion at dawn, literally man shooting at men.

It was also apparent, Casavel is a sociopath. He has no quarrel about killing anyone in his path to achieve his goals. Including turning on his allies if necessary.

Your reading/watching comprehension is fucktard.
>>
>>15624416
Char's weaknesses are his petty vindictiveness, his habitual need to lie and hide himself behind masks and false names, and his inability to empathize with people except insofar as those people could serve as outlets for his own pain like with Lalah. He was never able to truly conquer any of these faults for long, even if he managed to overcome some of them for brief periods of his life, and they eventually destroyed him.

Origin is not the story of how Char overcame his internal conflicts. It's the story of how he was consumed by them, at least in theory. In practice it ends up looking more like it's the way Char would tell the story if he was at a bar and describing how he once finger flicked a guy so hard he was sent flying.
>>
>Shouldn't there be some kind of conflict?
>But the there is no difference between casval or char. He is the same, there is no personal conflict.
>He has no character arc at all.
>The story/characters mean nothing.
OP's complaints seem awfully similar to the Cutie Honey troll threads complaining that the story doesn't cater to his specific needs because Honey doesn't undergo an existential crisis about being a robot.

>>15624915 summed up OP
>You feel the need for a character to experience conflict when taking on another personality.
>But there is NO TAKING ON ANOTHER PERSONALITY in the story.
>>
File: Ramba.png (714KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ramba.png
714KB, 1280x720px
Ramba Ral is cute! Cute!!!
>>
>>15624944
Well said
>>
>>15625176
God the art in Origin is astrocious
>>
>>15624908
Yeah, its great to see the RX with all the details and decals.
>>
>>15624927
>He has no quarrel about killing anyone in his path to achieve his goals. Including turning on his allies if necessary
This is not a feature of sociopaths only. Stop it.
>>
>>15625218
How so?
Haven't watched Origin but I don't really see anything wrong with that screenshot?
>>
>>15625347
Having no remorse for commiting backstabbery is though. Stop it.
>>
>>15625366
He's baiting. Ignore him and his completely stupid comments.
>>
>>15625370
>Having no remorse for commiting backstabbery is though.
Go to the bookshop or library, try to find the memoirs of some secret agents or someone similar. Read and think, do they feel remorse and why.
>>
File: Casval smirk.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Casval smirk.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>>15624416
Despite what most think, Char's actually the VILLAIN of The Origin. Granted, he's the protagonist of the Char/Sayla arc, but those villain and protagonist are not mutually exclusive terms.

The fact that he's progressing so effortlessly is supposed to establish him as a serious threat, not some kind of hero worship or power fantasy.
>>
Origin is shit because it is boring. Just Char being invincible and dunking in everyone. It's trash, OP.
>>
>>15625521
What memoirs by spies are you reading where they admit to doing sordid shit, oh wait, you didn't reference any because you can't. Also: Char is not James Bond.
>>
>>15624416
APOLOGIZE
>>
>>15625594
Pavel Sudoplatov had to establish pretty close relationship with Evgen Konovalets before he got a chance to give him the bomb
>>
>>15625594
I'm confused, are you disagreeing with the idea that spies would regularly stab people in the back? You... understand what a spy is, right? Additionally, you understand that being a spy doesn't purely involve information transfer, right?
>>
>>15624612
>His determination is what makes him so exceptional and ultimately helps him succeed at everything.

Except beating Amuro.
>>
>>15624416
mary sue char was crazy... like they didnt even try to make char a real character. like some other anons have said before this is chars own head cannon
>>
>>15624919
Better watch it buddy, that guy that knew the real Char was killed by Casval and I don't even remember his name.
>>
>>15625756
The undying formula of all Gundam stories ever: Play up the hell out of the villains/villain faction so that it makes the Hero/Gundam look really fucking awesome when they defeat the villains.

This is why Zakus rip and tear GMs, why Char destroys everyone effortlessly.
>>
>>15624416
Why don't you read the manga instead of watching the bastardized OVA
>>
This is the only valid criticism I've heard here although a bit misplaced. Origin is about how Char kept getting his way up until everything falls apart when he meets Amuro. I do wish he did struggle at something though, specifically when he was a child.
>>
>>15625591
I have to agree with this.
>>
>>15625784
>why Char destroys everyone effortlessly.

So outside of the Origin and nameless grunts, who has Char destroyed effortlessly, or with effort?
>>
>>15626380
did you even fucking watch MSG to ask such a stupid question?
>>
>>15626380
Hello? Battle of Loum? 5 battleships?
>>
>>15626380

He would have fucking wrecked the Gundam instantaneous if it wasn't made of LOL MOON TITANIUM
>>
File: blog_import_51a716da94f75.jpg (37KB, 480x726px) Image search: [Google]
blog_import_51a716da94f75.jpg
37KB, 480x726px
>>15625576
The thing with literary interpretation is that as long as you can back up your claim with in story citations, anything goes.
>>
>>15626440
Fucking Origin literally showed him practicing mobile suits for fucking months before combat.

He pretend to be a fucking space constructor so he could practice piloting on construction bots, the bot that Zaku's based on, for fucking months.

Either your comprehension skill is dirty poor, or you never watched the series, or you have the memory of a gold fish.
>>
>>15629168
Not the same anon but
>or with effort
>>
>>15624416
That would require actual character development. Unfortunately writing for Mary Sue characters is easier and they're more likely to have the audience self-insert. No one ever said anime writers were good at what they do.
>>
>>15624885
>Casavel also grew up away from the Zabis, so the Zabis don't fucking even know what he looks like after a decade let alone how he acts in his daily life.
You'd think Casval would at least resemble his dad in some way upon growing up.
>>
>>15629192
He was clearly getting his looks from his mother. The hair, eye, and all.
>>
So before The Origin, how did the Edward Mass -> Char Aznable change happen?
A) He just got fake papers and enrolled at the academy
B) He got the papers and identity of a real person who looked like him and killed the original Char
C) It was never touched upon

I tried digging up the answer to this question, but only found a bit of the novel saying that the answer is A) but I also saw an anon recently claiming that the answer is B).
>>
>>15629885
Have you not seen Origin? It conclusively answers your question.
>>
>>15630037
>So before The Origin
I did, but I was curious what the story was before the Origin became a thing. The other things Origin changed were pretty obvious.
>>
>>15630037
Posts like this make me wish the board had a basic literacy test as a requirement to post.
>>
>>15629885
AFAIK from previous background and supplementary material, it was basically A).
>>
>>15625576

Char is the villain in general. That's why he has no real struggle and has a massive advantage.

In most stories the villian or at least antagonist has a massive deck stack in their advantage because it makes things more dramatic for the protagonist to overcome and defeat them.

Char isn't the protagonist of MSG, Amuro is, therefore in Char's backstory he was the perfect flawless invincible soldier and pilot to make it all the more difficult for Amuro to overcome.

Hence we get Origin Char. Mr Perfect because Amuro hasn't shown up to knock him down pegs yet.
>>
>>15630064
Its all the fucking spics, flips and slavs desu
>>
he can't drive a car
>>
>>15624416
Origin isn't what really happened. It's just the version that Char tells when he's bragging to strangers on the internet.
>>
>>15625576
>establish him as a serious threat
>serious threat
He thumped a guy twenty yards with one finger, hard enough to break the concrete curb.
There's nothing serious about that, it's patently absurd.
>>
>>15632844
That's not what happened. He gave the guy "giffith-eyes TM" and he got too afraid to unclaw his fingers, so when the guy pulls back, he's still stuck to him. All not!Griffith did was unclaw the guy's hand and he shot back like a rubberband due to how much he was trying to pull back.
>>
>>15632849
>shot back like a rubber band
TWENTY YARDS
THROUGH A CONCRETE CURB
Serious threat? This is bad comedy.
>>
File: 23213211414.jpg (24KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
23213211414.jpg
24KB, 210x240px
>>15632844
>taking an anime-style slapstick scene literally
are you undergoing ABA therapy for that fucking autism you have?
>>
>>15632841
This is actually extremely accurate and I'm going to explain origin as this to people.
>>
>>15632864
>CONCRETE CURB
It's not a sidewalk, idiot. It's a walkway in a courtyard. It could be made from any number of weaker materials.
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 1024x498px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 1024x498px
>>15632864
>>CONCRETE CURB

>CONCRETE
It's literally brick.
>CURB
Don't really think a border one-brick high really constitutes as a "CURB".
>>
>>15631300
This. It make the scene where Amuro totally trash Char, not once but multiple times on numerous occasion. All those time he spent in origin to beef up his name, his skill get undone by a teenage boy who probably browse 4chan on his free time.
>>
>>15632774
In CDA he could.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.