[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite /m/ anime and why? Doesn't matter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 14

File: thisisnotbait.jpg (473KB, 2401x1513px) Image search: [Google]
thisisnotbait.jpg
473KB, 2401x1513px
What's your favorite /m/ anime and why? Doesn't matter if it's hated here or not, lets just have a nice wholesome thread and show our love for everything that is /m/!
>>
Ideon be invoked.
I was 100% sure it was going to be shit and Tomino surprised me more than he did with turn a.
>>
File: IMG_3378.jpg (919KB, 925x1255px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3378.jpg
919KB, 925x1255px
>that filename
I really like 00
...even the movie
>>
File: Mazin go.jpg (673KB, 1767x1385px) Image search: [Google]
Mazin go.jpg
673KB, 1767x1385px
It's not the best one I've watched, but it is the one that managed to get me hyped the most. Damn was this show crazy.
>>
>>15622042
Gundam 0083

I watch it every year and it's usually the first thing I show to people after the original.
>>
IBO and Unicorn
because I enjoyed it.
>>
Yukikaze.
Probably one of the best (in my opinion) examples of a show where the mecha design symbolizes the story and its themes.
Also fantastic audio engineering and CG that still looks decent today, something like 15 years after it first released.
>>
GBF, 100% fun, good characters, good pairings, good battle scenes, good OST, good animation in general, fanservice, cameos everywhere and the meijin.
>>
File: 1497668700262.jpg (49KB, 414x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497668700262.jpg
49KB, 414x600px
SEED. Lick my hype, UCuntbois.
I saw Metal Gear reveal trailers live, and those STILL couldn't top the first time I saw OP 3 somehow still work with its pop idol song.
>>
>>15622042
Gundam 00 is my favorite. Though it is the second Gundam series that I watched, I really liked it's premise, character, mecha designs and all... I remember waiting for its every episode every Sunday afternoon as Youtube is quick to erase to uploaded videos.

IBO is nice in terms of mecha designs and UC series give a "nostalgic" taste which also really like.
>>
File: 1495473589698.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1495473589698.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>15622042
TEKKAMAN BLADE nigga
>>
File: Scryed 03.jpg (278KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Scryed 03.jpg
278KB, 1280x960px
>>
>>15622049
Especially the movie.
>>
File: h5TGEGTfLJZEi2mikXWsWPewc02.jpg (109KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
h5TGEGTfLJZEi2mikXWsWPewc02.jpg
109KB, 780x439px
GaoGaiGar. FINAL's ending made me sob like a babby.
>>
>>15622355
Go shitpost somewhere else, shitpost-chan
>>
>>15622397
Stop responding to it.
>>
>>15622415
That is what zealots want, don't respond to them so nobody calls out their rhetoric.
>>
>>15622414
>felcherfag is here
>>15622042
>guaranteed to get that guy here and fuming
Other than that I'd say Armor Hubter Mellowlink. It was a nice watch and a good self contained story but I like the franchise in general, even if everything after the TV's show's end in universe is mixed.
>>
>>15622042
>wholesome
The recent rise in usage of that word disgusts me
>>
>>15622369
Final's ending was way less satisfying than the ending to the series. It's probably the absolute greatest conclusion to any /m/ show out there. FINAL is great, but it can't top that.

[Spoiler]I did too[/spoiler]
>>
>>15622042
>!
Leave now.
>>
If we're including anything scifi with /m/ then its definitely SAC; the music, atmosphere, and character interactions just put me on cloud nine.
If we're just talking giant robot /m/, then its harder to pin down because I find several glaring flaws in any show I enjoyed. SEED CE 73 StarGazer was pretty great though. Just short enough to tell its story with some incredible scenes.
>>
>>15622790
>because I find several glaring flaws in any show I enjoyed.
>he says while also saying he likes SAC
Bit contradictory there
>>
>>15622451
Don't be disgusted anon, be happy. We need more positivity on this board and in this world!
>>
>>15622369
>>15622516

My /m/en

GGG is objectively just an ok kids show, but they build it up so well.

Also, the 0079 movies. Its the only part of Gundam that I can recommend to other people as 'good scifi'. They still tend to get put off by the reused animation in the first movie.
>>
>>15622042
...Eh, why not? Gurren Lagann. I know, most people on here (including me) have read Getter and thus don't really like it, and I know there are objectively better shows out there, but it's by far the one that made me most emotional, hyped, and overall I just really like both the premise and the characters. It's objectively not the best mecha series out there, but damn it, it's my favorite.
>>
>>15622830
Instead of flaws I should have said "arcs that I really disliked." Of course SAC has flaws (though I'd argue them being glaring) but I enjoyed all its arcs.
>>
It's probably all about personal reassons, but the /m/ anime I hold dearest is Tenamonya Voyagers. It was my first Shinbou show and it was all I wanted from anime and it felt like everything super robo shows meant to be. I couldn't see getter robo at that time, I think it came before and it would had taken its place but that's how personal experience works.
It only stands out for its animation and even then its the sort of stuff Imaiishi does on a regular basis mixed with a comfy summer vibe. I've seen it again a decade or so later and I still love it a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkL-5_eGV0s
>>
/redpill/ me on IBO, /m/ros.
I watched the first episode and hated the fujo pandering, should I go back after finishing Zeta?
>>
>>15622203

Is OP3 Bokutachi no Yukue? cause that song is a pretty cool guy anyway.
>>
>>15624576

You might like it, it's not for everyone though.

I find as a general rule if you let yourself lean into the tropes and just enjoy seeing them play out the viewing experience is much more enjoyable, even if the thing you're watching isn't necessarily 'great' on it's own terms.

I like watching all mecha, good and bad, because I'm interested in seeing what direction the studio went with, and what did or didn't work.
>>
>>15624576
>/m/ros

stop
>>
G Gundam.

That show started kickstarted my love of robot fightan cartoons.
>>
>>15624576
If you don't care in 4 eps drop it because it barely ever improves after that (barely as in nothing worth noting happens for another 30 eps.
>>
File: dual.jpg (269KB, 619x818px) Image search: [Google]
dual.jpg
269KB, 619x818px
I didn't know what Tenchi Muyo was before watching this.

The fights were great, the mechs were cool, the comedy was on point most of the time, the girls were cute, the concept was fun, and the theme song was amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAGO4mLigk0
>>
File: steam-detectives.gif (118KB, 566x400px) Image search: [Google]
steam-detectives.gif
118KB, 566x400px
I am of the opinion that Steam Detectives counts as an /m/ anime.
>>
File: 1496330234963.jpg (573KB, 2038x2852px) Image search: [Google]
1496330234963.jpg
573KB, 2038x2852px
It must sound clichéd, but I have to say Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam.

I give an honorable mention to After War Gundam X, had it been allowed to play out to a full 50 episodes it might have been my top pick. The premature wrap-up made it feel a bit episodic toward the end, but it still managed to have a satisfying conclusion.
>>
Gundam 0079
>>
File: ibo-weg.png (512KB, 1100x500px) Image search: [Google]
ibo-weg.png
512KB, 1100x500px
>>15624576
The first 3 episodes are considered some of the best in the series. It all goes downhill from there, at least for the first season.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.