[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When it comes to getting into Gundam "release order"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11

File: rp7CXJK.jpg (1MB, 2520x2700px) Image search: [Google]
rp7CXJK.jpg
1MB, 2520x2700px
When it comes to getting into Gundam "release order" is always suggested.

I want to know have any of you ever consumed it this way? Seems fucking exhausting.
>>
You skip what you don't like, dummy.
It's more about getting stuff the intended way, like seeing the Titan uniforms in Stardust and being all "well, fuck" instead of not getting why they change suits or taking it as a super weak foreshadow.

If you are a big nerd it also helps see how Sunrise changed its mind all the time and why.
>>
File: THE GUNDAM.jpg (2MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
THE GUNDAM.jpg
2MB, 2800x3402px
i've watched half of them as they came out
>>
>>15619654
I''ve been doing release order UC for the last half year or so. Coming up on the end of G Reco right now. I'll move on to the AU's that exist prior to Turn A, then Turn A, then all the other AU's.

Although yes, it can be exhausting. I'm feeling this with G Reco right now, and prior to that, the first halves of ZZ and V.

Seems the most logical road to me.
>>
I did and I loved most of it. Didn't skip anything.
>>
>>15619654
I watched it in release order and I would say it's the best order.
You don't have to watch everything especially stuff from outside UC (except Turn A).
Also, don't watch because you have to, you just have to treat it like a hobby or something that you enjoy. Take your time and don't forget to have fun.
And you don't have to watch them all back-to-back, try taking a break every now and then and watch some short anime.
>>
>>15619654
Not me.
I started with 0080 (at /m/'s recommendation) but couldn't get into 0079 on my first attempt. So I watched 00 instead, then X. After that, I was so hype about the franchise that 0079's animation didn't bother me at all, and the story absolutely blew me away. Zeta was next, but since everyone told me about the tonal whiplash from Zeta to ZZ I watched all of the old SD Gundam shorts and SD Gundam Gaiden before proceeding to ZZ. Then 08th, then 0083, then proceeded to CCA, F91, Victory, and G-Saviour. After finishing up UC Proper (unicorn wasn't out yet) I moved on to G, Wing, and AGE and left SEED and Destiny for last because of how awful /m/ said it was. I actually liked them, though (much more than Wing at least) probably partially due to the fact that expecting it to be indescribably bad kind of guaranteed that it would exceed my expectations. Conversely, after saving Turn A for the big finale and expecting a gorgous masterpiece of storytelling kind of guaranteed it would disappoint me. I seriously almost dropped it when Corin Nander showed up, but I stuck it out because I wanted to see exactly how much of this absurd shit I'd heard about the Turn A's power level was actually in the show (not much, it turns out).
Somewhere in there I started watching Unicorn, Build Fighters, Try, and Evolve. Also I think there was another show after that, but I'm pretty sure I've voluntarily blocked it from my memory.
And finally IBO, which I rather enjoyed. I know /m/ hates it, but after the next one or two shows go by it won't be the newest entry any more and people will be able to have more civil discussions about it.

I started watching Origin, but it's so fucking silly that I don't really care if more episodes come out or not. Thunderbolt was gorgeously animated but I couldn't get into the plot or the Edgy McTryhard main character so I've only seen the first one and don't really care about that either.
>>
>>15619654
That picture's fucking old but I more or less watched it in this order, I started with release and then deviated after Turn A:
Zeta
ZZ
Char's Counterattack
F91
Victory Gundam
G Gundam
Gundam Wing
Endless Waltz Movie version
Gundam X
08th MS Team + Milelrs Report
Turn A Gundam
Unicorn Gundam
Gundam 00 Season 1
Zeta A New Translation movies 1 - 3
0079 movies 1 - 3
Gundam 00 Season 2
Gundam 00 Movie
G-Reco
0083 Movie version
started rewatching Victory Gundam as EG released the BDs
started watching The Origin with OVA 2 or 3? being released
Gundam AGE
Gundam Age Memory of Eden
Build Fighters
Gundam 00 movies 1 - 3
Gundam SEED
Turn A movies 1 - 2
Gundam SEED Destiny + Stargazer
rewatched Gundam 0083 because of the BDs
MS IgLOO 1 - 3
Iron-Blooded Orphans
finished rewatching Victory Gundam
Thunderbolt
Unicorn recap
Evolve
Unicorn 0096
Astray
IBO S2
started Thunderbolt S2

And here we are. Going to watch Build Fighters TRY when XPearse uploads the torrent to a public tracker, and rewatch G Gundam if EG ever finishes the BDs. And of course 0080 when the BDs come out.
>>
>>15619706
Same. I'm currently up to episode 22 of Iron Blooded Orphans
>>
>>15619747
Forgot Endless Waltz OVA version between Memory of Eden and Build Fighters but that's it.
>>
>>15619747
Where do I get EG files? Does he have a website or something?
>>
>>15619654
>Zeta Gundam
>realistic portrayal of people in war

I get a good laugh that brightens my fucking day every time I see this.
>>
>>15619891
Relative to the rest of the franchise I can see what they mean.
>>
>>15619654
Have started from outside of UC (not by choice) just remember seeing Gfighter n wing when I was a kid. From there I saw zeta. Currently am watching in order n just finished zeta again, ho boy does ZZ suck compared to Zeta, fucking love the suits tho. Gonna be watching stardust memory tho with cutie 2.0 this weekend. Chicks dig the UC
>>
>>15619654
>I want to know have any of you ever consumed it this way?
I do all my media like this. Not release order, but series order. Fortunately for Gundam that's basically the case. And in my process no prequels do not come first.
>>
>>15619933
>Turn A
>Regarded by many as a lowpoint in the Gundam franchise

I'm sorry what
>>
>>15620397
calm down, this is a troll chart
>>
>>15619877
Nyaa
just look for [EG]
>>
>>15619654
The first Gundam series I ever sat down and watched all the way through was Build Fighters. The first mainline series was Unicorn. And I loved both of them a whole hell of a lot.
>>
>>15620333
Give her the D(endrobium Orchis)
>>
Victory->0079->Zeta->ZZ->CCA->0083->Unicorn (optional)->F91->AWGX->Turn A->G-Reco is a most comfy Gundam viewing order.

If I was watching for the first time this is how I would do it.
>>
>>15620525
nyaa is dead
>>
>>15620919
there is a new nyaa .si
but bakabt went private
>>
>>15620333
I've heard of another case of a girl getting into gundamu after watching SM with her partner so...
>>
>>15619654
It can be. Personally got stuck on ZZ for so long.
Felt nice to just watch G when I felt like it. Not sure why I didn't have the energy to finish Turn A. All I have to do after that is return to G-Reco and finish it, and give IBO a chance.
>>
>>15620956
Oh. I think I pretty much gave up on Victory too. Maybe I really needed a break or something then.
>>
>>15620919
>>15620932
use nyaa.pantu.cat
>>
>>15619654
I would just do 0079->Zeta->ZZ->CCA->Unicorn and then branch out to what you find interesting.
>>
>>15620977
why are you trying so hard
>>
File: 1473095697383.gif (3MB, 264x240px) Image search: [Google]
1473095697383.gif
3MB, 264x240px
>8th MS team
>Highly realistic
>>
>>15621047
>8th ms is a realistic portrayal of warfare and military tactics
I cringe every time one of the fans says that.
>>
>>15619654
I did UC stuff that way, for the most part. AU stuff is its own distinct beast.
>>
>>15619654
nah i started with 00 gundam cause it was new never got into it then came srw alpha gaiden and after seeing the victory suit and its catchy stand up to the victory music i went and watched that. then after I saw zeta and some others. I kind of like not watching some series and just hearing second hand accounts.
>>
>>15620399
nope, that's the real chart
>>
>>15621482
Listen fuckhead, I'm not going to start an argument with you because I'm tired of saying it every time the chart gets posted but OP's chart is the right one.
It's the same one I got when we first got that chart here.
>>
File: 1496958659683.png (781KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496958659683.png
781KB, 960x720px
>>15621502
You just replied to the wrong person.
Delet your post and try again.
>>
>>15621426
But it is. Trust me, I'm an army man, I can confirm.
>>
File: Char_Aznyable.jpg (238KB, 845x600px) Image search: [Google]
Char_Aznyable.jpg
238KB, 845x600px
>>15621782
Make me
>>15622553
But do you have over 200 comfirmed MS kills ?
>>
>>15619933
This is a troll chart, do not download.
>>
There is absolutely nothing wrong with watching things in chronological order.
>>
I thought it was more or less established that to watch anything early UC you should start off 0079 -> Z -> ZZ -> CCA then watch whatever. Of course you can simultaneously watch AUs during that time so its not a big deal
>>
It's a meme by this point - people just say "production order" so they don't have to think critically regarding which series might be best for a particular person.

The people who say "you HAVE to watch Zeta before 0083" and the people who say "you HAVE to watch everything else before Turn A" are completely full of shit, as well. Somebody earlier in this thread suggested that 0083 would be 'confusing' if you watched it first because 'they suddenly change uniforms'. As if going from the hopeful victory at the end of 0079 to the Federation becoming Zeon in Zeta is somehow less jarring.
>>
>>15622806
I never said confusing, I said that the uniform switch from Feddies to Space Nazis would loose the impact if you don't know about the Titans and that at best it would become a very weak foreshadowing. Z explains the power struggle that resulted in the titans, so you don't improve anything wathcing it chronologically.
Right after that I said it doesn't matter too much, so, you know, reading comprehension above a fourth grader would be cool.
>>
>>15622831
It's okay, I guess neither of us bothered reading what you typed, since you never said "it doesn't really matter".

>so you don't improve anything wathcing it chronologically.
You improve 0083, since you don't know the ending in advance, and you improve Zeta, since you don't need to rely on vague exposition to understand how exactly things got to this point, and you already have seen that the Federation itself is corrupt.
>>
>>15622850
>You improve 0083, since you don't know the ending in advance
Zeta doesn't spoil the ending of 0083 though, because the ending of 0083 was written by having a child blurt out whatever sounded good at the time.
>>
>>15622850
>It's more about getting stuff the intended way
How do you read that as "it's confusing". All I'm sayign is that foreshadowing and callbacks are different things, you can interchange them but you are missing the point. Anakin's story exists because we had Darth Vader, we don't get prepared for Vader watching Anakin.

0079 already shows the federation being corrupt, and that isn't really an excuse to create the space ss. If anything, taking it outside of the story that explains them makes them even more out of place.

And yeah, you can still understand it, it's not college material. All I'm talking about is how it was made to be seen, the point of doing this or that.
>>
Started with understanding how many timelines are out there and tried to watch a first episode from each of them.
Some of them hooked me more than others and here are your "first" shows.
At this time, I've watched about everything in Gundam twice, I think.
>>
>>15622740
>Make me
>not Chat Aznable
W E A K
E
A
K
>>
>>15622927
Aren't there like several "timelines" that consist of literally one 50 episode series and that's it?
>>
>all those copypaste contrarian platitudes
Delete your 4chan account.
>>
File: real chart.jpg (3MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
real chart.jpg
3MB, 2800x3402px
It was just deleted again, what the literal hell?
>>
>>15619654
I watched everything up untill G gundam in release order, then skipped to turn a and Unicorn, then skipped Seed/Wing/Age to watch 00, GBF, Greco, thunderbolt.
>>
File: q.jpg (107KB, 960x556px) Image search: [Google]
q.jpg
107KB, 960x556px
>>
>>15624659
This is where the production order meme fails.
I recommend watching SEED eventually, even if its in tandem with another series you'd like to watch. The end game of the first series is very unique.
>>
>>15624654
>real chart
>blatant IBO hate bias

Real chart is >>15619676. Destiny updated for remaster, Thunderbolt is still ongoing and more balanced views on IBO etc.
>>
>>15624694
No, that is the real chart and /m/ knows IBO's flaws unlike, say, you. That other chart is under the delusion Destiny was a low point, f there is any troll chart it is that.
>>
>>15624697
>Destiny not a low point
Neo-/m/ really has gone to shit.
>>
>>15624700
>Destiny not a high point
You know nothing about Gundam, go back to Mecha Talk and put your mouth in a pickle jar
>>
File: 1469811107605.png (166KB, 436x446px) Image search: [Google]
1469811107605.png
166KB, 436x446px
>>15619654
I've watched the whole top row, IBO which I watched while it was airing, and a couple episodes of Unicorn and Build Fighters. Yeah, I haven't really had the energy to watch gundam at all. I kind of want to watch G Gundam, because seeing it as a kid is what got me into Gundam in the first place, but I don't really want to watch another 50 episode show that I've already sort of watched. I haven't decided if I'm going to stick to release order or if I'll start skipping around and watching whatever I want, F91 looks neat but after that I'll have to sit through a lot of really long shows to get back to comfy-tier OVA series, which have been my favorite part of Gundam so far.
>>
>>15624654
Maybe it got deleted because you're posting a fake chart?
>>
>>15625098
nope, it's the real one
>>
>>15626257
>Destiny is good guise!

Doctor I thought I was being administered chemo, not cancer implants.
>>
>>15626294
Is it Destiny being good or Turn A being bad that gets under your skin, Menstrual-kun?
>>
>>15619654
You don't watch them back to back. Watch 2 other shows between gundam series.

It will break the monotony and make you appreciate it more.
>>
>>15624667
Explain
>>
>>15626806
I was the anon he originally replied to, It's probably that after you get to CCA/Victory there's no real agency to watch the shows directly behind it in production order. Before Victory everything is a UC show, afterwords Unicorn is a sequel to ZZ gundam and features a few returning characters and topics.

After Victory you have G Gundam, which is completely unrelated to UC, and you start running into Wing, X, etc, all shows completely unrelated to what you watched. To me it makes more since to just watch
0079, War in the Pocket, Z, Stardust, ZZ, CCA, Unicorn, F91, Victory, and then at that point you can just watch whatever you want, since you're left with either completely unrelated side stories like thunderbolt, completely unrelated universes like G/00, or it's a prequel which you honestly shouldn't watch till after you learn the characters (Origin).
>>
>>15619654
I did it all the way up until Turn A but I'm taking a break from Gundam for a long time because I didn't notice until partway through Wing that I actually hate this franchise.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.