[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know there's a lot of G-Reco shitposting on here but I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

I know there's a lot of G-Reco shitposting on here but I want to have a serious thread to help me out and understand because I just finished it and I'm confused. What was the point of anything in the final arc? Like what were they fighting for? What was the point of the Venus globe and the G-IT Corp? Why did anything that happened at the Venus Globe matter? Why were the Crescent and Full-Moon ships important? What was the Reconguista? What were the alliances of each of faction or were they all just fighting each other? What the fuck was Manny and Luin's problem other than "muh kuntala pride you privileged Bellri"? What were the motivations of any of the characters by the end? I have more questions but these are the ones that bother me the most right now.

Tl;dr I have no idea what the point of anything during the final arc of G-Reco was and I just want to understand.
>>
>>15619425
Haven't watched it in over a year so I'm gonna generalize alot, but in general the Space Factions were trying to return back to Earth and Reconquer it because of local population issues and because they saw the Earthlings as barbarians, and the Earth Factions were trying to take control of the Photon Battery Distribution system so they could develop further technologically. The Megafauna is made up of dissidents of all factions as they traveled around the world finding out why everyone was gearing up for a fight and in general are trying to prevent war from breaking out because it would be disastrous for their already struggling world with how destructive the technology they have at hand. The Capital Army is just pushing for war for its own sake since its being manipulated by that old guy named Cumpa, I think, and it has a contigent of Kuntalas who are trying to gain glory prove themselves and their people, as represented primarily by Mask
>>
>>15619444
That's just off the top of my head, though I had to rewatch a few of the of the episodes for since things to stick, so maybe try doing that off you feel like you missed something
>>
File: SuddenlyIsland.jpg (151KB, 1643x920px) Image search: [Google]
SuddenlyIsland.jpg
151KB, 1643x920px
>>15619444
This vaguely resembles my unfinished recollection of G-Reco, so I think you might be on to something here.
>>
>That actual Zeta thread
>A real G Reco thread

Keep going /m/, not everything has to be a shitpost.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (251KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
251KB, 1920x1080px
>>15619425
>I have no idea what the point of anything during the final arc of G-Reco was
Here's a show more up to your speed
>>
>>15619444
>>15619449
That makes a lot sense, thank you. I wish it was a bit clearer in the show but I probably spaced out when they were explaining it so I'll have to go back and watch the last bunch of episodes so that it clicks.
>>
File: 1436909321081.jpg (1MB, 2362x2818px) Image search: [Google]
1436909321081.jpg
1MB, 2362x2818px
>>15619425
The answer for most of your questions is in the image.
It's also been some time since i last watched it.
The final battle was a full out war between earth people and moon people who thought that the earthlings were barbarians and didnt deserve the earth. Venus globe was a colony creating the batteries and aiming for peace. G-IT corp opposed the peace plan and also wanted to take back the earth. In Venus globe the Megafauna crew uncover even more of the truth hidden behind the SU-cord religion, learn that even a peaceful society faces problems and learn that G-IT is the one pulling the strings behind the Reconguista plan followers. The Crescent and Full-Moon ships were the battery carriers and the Full Moon also doubled as a battleship by the moon people. Reconguista is the plan of a faction of moon people and G-IT lab to take back the earth from the earthling barbarians. Luin's problem was exactly that and Manny followed him because she was madly in love with him. Motivations and faction relations are in the image and were pretty clear, if anything the motivations were a bit weak since the fast pacing didnt really allow a lot of time for them to be interwoven completely with the characters.
>>
>>15619456
wait until someone says or mentions something that is not strictly neutral
>>
>>15619465
Oh cool, I had no idea someone made a picture like that. Thank you very much for it and your explanation. I knew there had to be something there and just missed because I was just not paying attention or something.
>>
>>15619464
I ki d of wonder why people have a hard time following g-reco. Maybe some people just connect with Tomino's autism better ? Anyway

Capital force n°1 are the original defence force and hate capital force n°2 because they don't give a shit about their religious tabou and are pretty violent
Capital force n°2 basically want to use the rising tension to start a war because they are getting excited by the space traitor guy.

Country n°1 (The one of Klim) want better tech to fuck their rivals country n°2
Country n°2 want the same shit.

We don't know why they hate each other but there's no real need to know that.

Moon people see the earthling going insane and start to ramp up their own arms productions.
Among them is a bunch of rebel. I don't remember why but this was probably due to disagreement on how to use technology. Bellri's parent were part of this groupe.

Basically the main groupe of moon people get dragged into the fight and don't feel justified in getting out.

Venus globe are the one building the photon battery. Among tyem you have the GT lab who are buthurt because living in deep space is pretty fucking shitty for your body and they want to go back on earth, hence the reconguista.

Space traitor guy is basically baiting everyone, nobody know what the fuck is going on and they don't care, they just want to wreck shit with their awesome bleeding edge robots.

It's been a while since I watched it tho so beware of what i'm saying.
>>
>>15619493
For the most part I was following G-Reco pretty well. It's just once they arrived at Venus Globe and the stuff went down there I guess I was tired or something and wasn't paying attention which led me to be confused about the battles after that. I mainly wanted to confirm that it was more something I missed and not that the show just didn't explain it.
>>
>>15619510
Yeah it's perfectly understandable that if you were tired you might not have caught some stuff, because G-Reco's pacing can be quite fast and if you zone out for a second during the wrong parts you can easily get lost.
>>
File: mfw g -it.webm (105KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mfw g -it.webm
105KB, 640x360px
>>15619510
you missed best boy
>>
>>15619510
The turning point for me was when La Gu took his suit off. They didn't explain what the fuck that was, I had to read the show's official glossary to make heads and tails of it.
>>
They went to venus to settle the batteries problem, getting there, the people involved with reconguista attacked them, and set out to Earth/Moon.
Megafauna went back, and fought the people involved on the Reconguista-Ameria-Capital Army conflict. Eventually the fight was pulled down to Earth sphere, and then all the people waging war got killed.

Peace was stablished, those who wanted to live on Earth was accepted, disregarding the group they fight for.

Luin is a SJW creating microagressions and pursuing the people he believes has started it.

Manny sees him as a senpai and wants to be noticed.
>>
>>15619604
>They didn't explain what the fuck that was,
Found the retard
>>
>>15619604
One of the things about living in space is it's effects on the human body. For example in real life astronauts lose muscle strength and bone density after being in microgravity for extended periods of time. We're built for Earth's gravity and this issue is something that is sometimes glossed over in scifi. It's why we get those scenes of the Megafauna crew working out to combat this.

Everyone at Venus Globe suffers from this, they are a race of space dwarfs creating super batteries. Their bodies have decayed from living in space and rather than combat it, they hide it behind fake bodies and the air of prosperity. In many ways, it's symbolic of the Reguild Century prior to the series. It looks like everything is alright from the outside, but there are a lot of problems on the inside that aren't being taken care of.

Hope that helps.
>>
>>15619749
>In many ways, it's symbolic of the Reguild Century prior to the series. It looks like everything is alright from the outside, but there are a lot of problems on the inside that aren't being taken care of.

Deep

I fucking love Tomino's writing.
It might seem eccentric or weird and sometimes even indecipherable, but every single one of his Gundam series have so much nuance to them that get missed by a lot of people because of the outward idiosyncrasies of his works.
As he grows older his Gundam departs even further from the "realism" of 0079 and gets stranger but also much better and deeper at the same time. 0079 - F91 are all one era of Tomino, but his depression and stress during Victory seems to have really changed him (for the better I think), so with Victory - G-Reco you have a different era of Tomino. I definitely prefer his last 3 Gundam series because both Victory, which in my opinion has some of the most nuanced and finely crafted character writing and character-driven stories with poignant underlying themes in the entire mecha canon that is overlooked because of the eccentricities, and Turn A are my favourite Gundams. Victory is my favourite mecha series of all time and definitely one of my favourite anime, I could go on for ages about what exactly I love about it, and if you watched it with me we would probably spend more time paused as I talk to you why a particular scene is brilliant or why I love it than actually watching an episode.
>>
>>15619775
My favorite thing is how Newtypes evolved during his shows.

0079 - Introduces Newtypes, shown to have special powers and can achieve better understanding with each other. They represent the hope mankind can grow and stop repeating the same mistakes.

Zeta/ZZ - Newtypes are exploited for their abilities and suffer tragic deaths. The same shit keeps happening over and over.

CCA - Char is tired of UC not changing so he decides to drop Axis. Amuro acknowledges Char's points but still has hope for the future, triggering a miracle that saves the world.

F91 - Newtypes are mostly forgotten. People think it's a term for natural pilot. Ends with a to be continued...

Victory - Newtype powers are hyped, but the plan is to use them to mindrape the world. Uso joins other Gundam protags on being screwed up by the war.

Turn A - Breaks the cycle of destruction, rejects war without a Newtype lead.

G-Reco - Protagonists learn to understand others without Newtype magic. Biggest case of a Newtype may have just been a woman going crazy after her lover's death.
>>
>>15619732
At this point, I'm all but convinced that the people who post this kind of shit are actually just one very bored shitposter.

>>15619749
But it's not just from living in space, it's a genetic mutation. They don't address it at all in the show, and I still don't understand why they elected to make it a genetic mutation instead of just being from living in space.
>>
>>15619856

Organisms change over the generations in order to adapt to their environments. When these changes are found to be beneficial, we tend to refer to them as evolution. But when there isn't a benefit or if they're found to be a detriment we call it a mutation.

Mutation, or changes made to the DNA sequence, can and does occur due to environmental factors. The conditions of the Venus globe are different enough from Earth and Towasanga that it has caused people to become shorter, in all likelihood due to weaker gravity.

Think about it like this. Mankinds diet over the last hundred or so years have caused people to be taller than they used to be. Napoleon was 5'6'', which was slightly taller than the average Frenchman for his time period. Not a manlet then, but a manlet now.
>>
G-Reco felt like a 50 episode story smashed down to 25, which I think very well may have been the case. I can't say that I disliked it, but it did get confusing and convoluted toward the latter half, which also made it fairly unmemorable. I think this series could have worked better with trimming more elements that weren't vital to the overall story.
>>
>>15619831
>Zeta/ZZ - DUDE GHOST POWERED ROBOTS LMAO
ftfy
>>
>1000+ years after Turn A, there's still feuding factions in the Moon
kind of sad.
>>
File: cca.jpg (27KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
cca.jpg
27KB, 500x282px
>>15619870
>has caused people to become shorter, in all likelihood due to weaker gravity.

I'm 90% sure that isn't how the body reacts to lower gravity. You know how astronauts come back a couple inches taller after having spent long periods in space? Being born and raised in low gravity has the potential to completely fuck your anatomy, but it won't make you shorter. If anything you would be much taller than the average earthling.

If I'm going to guess the intentions of the writers, the people from Venus Globe are only shorter as a way to distinguish them from other humans and hint at chronic malnutrition.
>>
>>15619900
You are correct. Lower-gravity environments would most likely produce taller, lankier people. Whereas a higher-gravity environment should produce shorter, stockier people.
>>
>>15619917
>few Scirocco would've the the world of manlets
Kamille was on the wrong side of history
>>
>>15619604
I think it had something to do with how their colony was built by Venus. There was radiation issues iirc
>>
>>15619460
Ah yes, the "A/Z is shit" meme, keep going strong anon.
>>
G-Reco?
More like, G-Rectum xDxDxDxD hahahahaha lulz rolfcopter
>>
I actually watched G-Reco only for the pretty animations.
>>
File: poor bait.png (35KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
poor bait.png
35KB, 625x626px
>>15620357
>actually implying A/Z is good
>>
>>15619425
>What was the point of anything in the final arc? Like what were they fighting for?

Unlike any other gundam series, G-Reco actually tell the story before the great war ever happened. Bellri and Co decisively stop a major war from happening when he inadvertently led the demise of Cumpa Rusita.

What was the point of the Venus globe and the G-IT Corp?
Venus Globe was the home of futuristic tech, that's the place where they made the photon batteries for the Earthling consumption, it's also the birth place of the big bad of the series, Col Cumpa who grew tired and disgusted on how humanity have become and so he steal a bunch of high tech blueprint and spread it all across Earth sphere hoping someone will eventually start a war in this case the G-It guys and the Towasangan guys who created the Reconguista plan.

>Why did anything that happened at the Venus Globe matter?
Basically it show how humanity who lives on Venus Globe different from everyone else to the point of them becoming a new species of humanity itself, ie the leader of Venus Globe is much older than everyone in the series and he basically tell Aida the story of how some Venusian hated all this shit and ran away with bunch of high tech shit aka Col Cumpa.

>Why were the Crescent and Full-Moon ships important?
Cresent ship is a interstellar capable vessel that ship photon batteries from Venus Globe to the drop point on the Towasangan Colony, while the Kashiba Mikoshi served as the holy vessel for the SU-Cordism to drop the photon batteries for Earth. Worth to add it also revealed that the Rayhunton family actualy build the Crescent Ship when the key card belong to Bellri manage to improve its efficiency.

>What was the Reconguista?
Spacenoids reclaiming Earth.

contd

1/?
>>
>>15619425
>>15620786
2/?
>What were the alliances of each of faction or were they all just fighting each other?
At first, the Ameria and the Gondwan (Earthbound faction) are at war with each other and this lead to the creation of Capital Army when the Armeria started to resort to piracy to obtain more Photon batteries. Soon the war between the Ameria vs Gondwan/Capital Army get out of hand they started to fight in outer space at the same moment the Towasangan people notice a high military activity on Earth decided to ramp up their military productivity to the max ironically the Armerian saw this and afraid of an incoming moon invasion ramp up their military productivity to the max.
Shit get out hand they even fought at the most sacred place at the top of the Space Elevator. fearing this the Armeria army and Capital Army made a truce to combat the same enemy ie the Towasangans. Bellri wanted to know how the fuck thing get out of hand decided to investigate and he discover the Reconguista plan with the Towasangan and the G-IT lab guys are on it as well. Long story short Bellri took out the Towasangans who allied with the G-IT guys (At the same time the Armeria army had lost its influential figure) and he also took out the Capital Army guys who allied themselves with the Gondwan armies.

Like to add that the Pirate crew act independently from their Ameria counterpart, and the Capital Guard are a separate entity from the Capital Army. Capital Army do recruit people from the CG but most CG hated CA for their use of taboo tech.
>>
>>15619425
>>15620813
3/3
>What the fuck was Manny and Luin's problem other than "muh kuntala pride you privileged Bellri"?
Some guys on /m/ pretty much said that Luin's problem was he wanted to become a hero by painting Bellri as the great Villain who one day will rule the Earth thanks to his special privilege and his intelligence by using the "muh Kuntala Pride" as a side context. Manny on the hand was a girl who pretty much wanted Luin Senpai to notice her thus why she acted like that.

>What were the motivations of any of the characters by the end?
Most of the character especially Bellri wanted to know how and why the Taboo get broken left and right and when he knew he decided to stop thing from escalating any further and he stop it for now, that's why he basically left because he stopped a major war from happening and is content with it.

>I have no idea what the point of anything during the final arc of G-Reco
Basically a war to end the war
Think of it like this. What happen if, someone let's say Amuro manage to stop the gassing of the 30 bunch colony and manage to stop the rise of TITAN, the Gryps Conflict never happened, AUEG never form, Kamille not get wasted, Dublin mite not gone from map and Hayato is still alive.

The stake was pretty high in G-Reco, Imagine Moonlight Butterfly being used by someone who never knew the repercussion of war. Shit fucking dark
>>
Whenever I try starting this series I can't stop thinking that it could had been Reconquista, an actual word, but they found a way to fuck it up. It's like calling the show Conpuest instead of Conquest.
>>
>>15620822
Nippon people can't pronounce q, hence it was change to g so the nippons will not have an aneurysm whenever they wanna talk aboot this show
>>
>>15620827
Can't they write it correctly and pronounce it however they want? It's not as if they are pronouncing Gundam like an english speaker would anyway.
>>
>>15620839
It's their show they can do whatever fuck they wanted. even if the spelling was not correct the pronunciation are quite similar hence I see no problem aboot it.
>>
>>15620827
They can pronounce q, the whole can't pronounce q thing is just a meme. Using g was just the lazy way out.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-11-17-23h10m34s149.png (727KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-11-17-23h10m34s149.png
727KB, 1280x720px
>>15620822
If they spelled it reconquista then there'd be no G!
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.