[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime ja nai is full of symbolism. There's the part where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

Anime ja nai is full of symbolism. There's the part where Judau is shown to be the evolution of Amuro and Kamille, because he joined the army as a necessity, to sustain himself and his sister unlike Amuro who is a conscripted soldier and Kamille who became a soldier for revenge. But what does this parallel between him and Char mean?
>>
>>15615775
They both enjoy bajeena
>>
>>15615775
If you notice the scene, Char screams first and then Judau fades in and scream back. This symbolized ZZ creative team originally want Char back in the show but they decided that nope, want none of that and booted char away from ZZ
>>
>>15615775

How is that an evolution, as opposed to a change?
>>
>>15615775
>But what does this parallel between him and Char mean?

Judau, if he were to have met Char, would've willfully rejected his ideals.
>>
I'm so glad Char never showed up in Double Zeta, it would have been shit like Z otherwise
>>
>>15615806
Evolution is just lasting mutations. Your genes don't analize what's best for you and keep that. Judog got laid more so his genes remained.
>>
>ITT: People with no idea of how to interpret art attempt to interpret an anime OP
>>
>>15616421

I never said anything about analysis, though in saying that while evolution doesn't analyze the current situation and actively react to it, it works because suitable mutations to a given environment successfully propagate over no longer suitable ones. Which is superficially similar to analysis. That still has nothing to do with Amuro > Kamille > Judau being a mutation or evolution in character motive though, since they were all just reacting to the situations they found themselves in.
>>
why is marshmallow in the lineup with the main cast
why is char even there
what is that large computer chip looking thing
what the fuck tomino
>>
>>15615775
>he evolution of Amuro and Kamille, because he joined the army as a necessity, to sustain himself and his sister unlike Amuro who is a conscripted soldier and Kamille who became a soldier for revenge
It's more than just that. Apparently Tomino's original concept was for Judau to be the first of a new type of newtype. Or you might just call it...Newtype2.
>>
>>15620522
I assume Mashymere's there as a holdover for Roux/relevant until he no longer is.

Early-stage mistakes for Char/Quattro/Casval, by the time Tomino took him out of the plot, it was too late to take him out of the OP.
>>
>>15615788
the reason Char isnt in ZZ is cause Tomino got the greenlight to make his own movie about him.
Glemy then inherited his storyline and became a much more compelling character
>>
>>15620802
how so? he doesn't really do anything new. he's just different. aside from the general piloting skill in all of them Amuro's powers seemed more communicative, Kamile's were aggressive , and Judau's were empathetic
>>
>>15617383
Each mutation coexisted with a dozen of other ones.,The ones that lasted weren't objectively better, they just resulted in more offspring. Sometimes that was because they were inmune to something that killed everyone without that gene, sure, but most of the time it was something dumb that resulted in more sex.
When a species doesn't adapt to a change in the ecosystem (stuff like temperature, bacterias or other slow effects) it isn't because they are inferior to the ones who did, the second group just happened to have a random string of mutations that resulted in ressisting more heat or not having a smell that attracted infected bugs or something.

It's just as possible to evolve into something that is actually inferior to the previous one. For example humans having less body hair or human feet makes us inferior to monkeys, if we suddenly had to survive in the jungle our evolution would had fucked us. And there is no goal in our feet's tiny little fingers, they are just mutating and evolving because that's how animals work.

I'm trying to quit smoking and I found like 3 sentences in this post that made no sense. I'm sorry if I'm being confusing.
>>
>>15620802
Newtype Mk2. This ones have the power to calm down and not get mad at their parents or authority figures.
Can you imagine? They would take over in days.
>>
>>15620820
>Kamile's were aggressive
what? no. Amuro was a much better pilot. Kamille was better with machines, felt life forces and did that wierd redirecting ghosts thing in the end. If it weren't for Lala Amuro would had never used the space psych-phone.

Meanwhile I guess Judeau made Haman run to her room crying, even though she was aiming a gun at him, just showing his power level.
>>
>>15620829
>And there is no goal in our feet's tiny little fingers
I pick small stuff up off the floor with my toes all the time.
>>
>>15620858
those are less evolved feet in human terms, being able to control them makes you closer to a previous stage. there are some people with mouths that can grow the wisdow teeth without any issues, they avoid a lot of pain but that's also less evolved since our current ecosystem doesn't requiere those teeth. There are also some people that don't have them at all, but it's a result of not dying when you happen to not have them so those genes propagate, taking them out doesn't result in eventually not growing.
Evolution doesn't mean being better, it's just random change that results in more sex (or more children per sex act). or doesn't affect it.
>>
>>15620820

http://pastebin.com/0SkxGTUt

He's on about this, which is an early plan for ZZ when it was still called Zeta Part II and notes Judau being the first true newtype/newtype 2. The implication seems to be along the lines of Judau becoming a perfected newtype, akin to what Banagher does in Unicorn and able to transmit his thoughts to the entire universe at once without any external help at the very least.
>>
>>15620829

Good luck quitting, however there are several misconceptions in your post. While the mutations that last are not objectively better, the organisms that thrive are objectively more suited to their environment than those that fail. "Survival of the fittest" could probably be more correctly phrased "survival of those most fit to their environment". The organisms that survive with the mutations are not pre-planned or flat out better overall, but they are always the ones better suited to survival in a given environment than competitors.

And yes, you can evolve in a way that seems worse, but said evolution will always be one that results in members of your species procreating more and basically being more successful within their environment. Our feet by the way are not useless, they are an integral part of why humans are so good on the ground and can walk/run on plains and over tricky terrain. They're far less useful than a monkeys when placed in an arboreal environment, but far more useful when talking about plains, savannahs etc. and toes became less dexterous as an adaptation to constant running instead of constant climbing, with those who had shorter toes and were more successful runners being more likely to live and procreate than those with slightly longer and more dexterous toes until we ended up where we are today (or with tens of thousands of years).

The propagation of that mutation was in no way random, even if the mutation itself was in individual cases. It's just that individuals who had it while human ancestors thrived in trees either died or didn't procreate in enough numbers to keep the gene for it recessive overall, while those individuals with it began to thrive whenever or whyever it was that human ancestors came out of the trees and moved in to more open, flat plains.
>>
>>15616458
This is nothing compared to Evangelion fans
>>
>>15620858

There was apparently some Chinese kid who won their version of "You've got Talent" or whatever because he could play a piano with his feet, which he learned to do because he lost the use of his arms in an accident. Human toes are less dexterous than fingers by virtue of the fact they're shorter and have fewer joints, but with training you can make them surprisingly dexterous.
>>
>>15620875
I'm sorry I made you type all that, I didn't mean to disagree with what you're saying. I think the initial point had to do with the possibility of an evolutionary trait just being something that happened and kept going becuase it didn't mean death. Judeau's hypothetical evolution could had been like the differentiation between two species of birds in the same ecosyystem.
>>
>>15620891

I don't mind typing it out all out. Doing so is part of why I still like /m/. It might be a giant robot board, but there's a diverse range of topics discussed and I often find out shit I didn't know because of discussion here. I might even be wrong on some point in that post, in which case I'd hope someone would point it out, because the sting of being wrong might embarrass and annoy me in the short term (though on something so emotionally distant I doubt there'd be any), but I know I'll retain and appreciate it long term regardless.

Judau himself might be an evolution compared to others, but I wouldn't say he was an evolution of Amuro and Kamille, nor would I say his situation was an evolution of theirs though to be honest, though the distinction is more than evolution isn't really applicable to a social situation like that rather than because the term can't be applied socially full stop I'd imagine. After all, once could easily say that the Neo Zeon war itself evolved out of the One Year War and even the problems that gave birth to it. I'd take that as more purple language to poetically describe an event, than an actual scientific view of events though.
>>
>>15620901
Tomino is the kind of author who would confuse
>this is the third generation of my show
with
>this is the third generation of this characters in-universe
so I can see him thinking it's time to evolve new types even though the new character is less than a decade younger than the oldest one we've seen.

And the idea of actually perfecting new types through some plot thing would had been better than anything ZZ did. Does Judeau at least cameo in some other series? Do we ever see his Jupiter adventures?
>>
>>15620835
Kamille was the best of both worlds
>>
>>15620911

Honestly, I prefer the outline in >>15620873 to what we got in ZZ and Char's Counterattack, mostly because I like that at the end it wraps up the "Earthsphere" arc and moves things out to Mars. I daydream occasionally of a sequel series to replace F91 where Judau has established some colonies on Mars who are now in conflict with a peaceful Eathsphere, perhaps with the Earthsphere Colonies as a reluctant neutral third party who is trying not to get on either sides shit list and stay out of things but is inevitably drawn in. Yea, I know that moving things to Mars isn't a massive change since it's still a story about colonies versus Earth, but I love the idea that things in the Earthsphere were eventually fairly peaceful but the same old woes moved in to a new stage and people kept repeating the same mistakes, even if in a new environment. Plus, I love the idea that Judau could be the Zeon Deikun to a new theater. Instead he moved to Jupiter and is largely forgotten about, outside a few mentions by Hasegawa - at least one of which is to directly shit on him by breaking up a relationsship he didn't like.
>>
>>15620923
>at least one of which is to directly shit on him by breaking up a relationsship he didn't like.
?
>>
>>15621038

He appears as Grey Stoke in a Victory Side Story manga written by Hasegawa but mentions how Roux broke up with him years ago, apparently because Hasegawa wasn't a fan of the relationship. Not that I can really blame him given how sudden the relationship is in the anime, but writing it in based on personal preference when the character has such a minor part seems kind of petty really.
>>
>>15621127
>seems kind of petty
So did Roux.
>>
>>15620923

but

BUT ANIME JA NAI

ANIME JA NAI
>>
>>15621251
You mean pretty
>>
>>15621283
yes
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.