[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it really so bad that I liked AGE? it's not as if I think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 13

File: Fram-nara.jpg (118KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Fram-nara.jpg
118KB, 1280x1440px
Is it really so bad that I liked AGE? it's not as if I think it's good, or even decent, but it had a lot concepts that I really enjoyed like the generation aspect, even if it wasn't done well.

I thought after a few years that I'd at least be able to talk about it but it still feels like it gets universally shit on everywhere.
>>
Yes, it's bad. You should be ashamed for having an opinion and liking things. Especially on /m/.
>>
>>15615390
What's /m/ allowed to like then?
>>
I like some aspects, but mostly I just liked the PSP game.
>>
>>15615386
You're never going to find a place to talk about it because the new norm is to hate on everything for as long as possible.
>>
>>15615402
SEED
>>
>>15615390
>>15615417
And your response is to complain about too much people complaining.
Go make a thread about something you like.
>>
File: 1497428012762.png (757KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497428012762.png
757KB, 1280x720px
I'm still amazed by how much of a cunt they turned Asemu into in Gen 3.
>>
>>15615386

the only bad thing is you seem to need validity from others over what cartoons you like.

Anime is meant to be watched not discussed with assholes. If you like it that should be all that matters
>>
>>15615479
Okay
>>
>>15615446
Let's not lie to ourselves, Anonymous.

The shitty kid became a shitty parent.
>>
>>15615490
>Flit is barely involved in Asemu's teen years because he's busy working but still shows up for birthdays when he has time
>Asemu tops this by straight being absent from his kid's life for 13 years
You did it Asemu
>>
>>15615446
>making Asemu a deadbeat father who abandons his newborn child for 13 years without so much as a phone call or check for child support from his years of looting Feddie and Vagan ships
I still don't know how this got past Standards and Practices for a kids show.
>>
>>15615446
Romary should have shot him on the spot. Not sure what she ever saw in him in the first place.
>>
>>15615498
Man, things would've worked so much better if Yurin had survived.
>>
>>15615528
>Not sure what she ever saw in him in the first place.
he probably let her pretend he was zeheart
>>
>>15615402
IBO
>>
>>15615386
It had some good concepts but executed them all badly, even the multiple generations of family pilots could have been done better.
>>
>>15615528
>his father is fuhrer of earth who pulled off a purge all the traitors
You really think a girl like Romary didn't want to marry into a family like this?
>>
>>15615386
It's better than Iron Blooded Ovaries and the first third was fine so do not beat yourself up
>>
File: ging plays peekaboo.png (128KB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
ging plays peekaboo.png
128KB, 540x303px
>>15615524
deadbeat dads can be cool
>>
>>15616135
Well it was certainly a lot better animated than IBO...
>>
>>15615386
AGE was my first Gundam so it holds a special place in my heart. Specially because I watched during a special moment of my life with some very dear friends. I can't even listen to the first OP because I end up crying when I do.
>>
File: Dran-Golden-Fencer-1.jpg (40KB, 464x750px) Image search: [Google]
Dran-Golden-Fencer-1.jpg
40KB, 464x750px
>>15616160
'Sup.

>>15615524
It's a bit rooted in the tendency of salarymen working so much that they barely get to see their families at all, a societal issue that still crops up.
>>
>>15615386
Zeheart was retarded for not noticing Fram.

>>15616214
AGE's 1st OP was god-tier.
It had the optimistic feeling of a Saturday morning anime block from the 2000s.
Everytime listen to it I sing along with the "asu he asu he asu he"
>>
>>15615402
Shitposting about Zeta
>>
>>15617094
>Zeheart was retarded for not noticing Fram.

He noticed. But the glorious Ezelcant-sama's crazy plan was more important to him.
>>
File: didn't ask for this.jpg (171KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
didn't ask for this.jpg
171KB, 1920x1080px
>>15616926
Except those salarymen actually provide for their families. Asemu basically pumped and dumped Romary, then fucked off to space for 13 years to play dress up because he was afraid of taking responsibility.
>>
Hairsocks is cute as fuck.
>>
File: Fram Nara.jpg (315KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Fram Nara.jpg
315KB, 720x960px
>>15617417
>>
File: Fram Nara 2.jpg (456KB, 840x1169px) Image search: [Google]
Fram Nara 2.jpg
456KB, 840x1169px
>>
File: Fram Nara 3.png (675KB, 900x1258px) Image search: [Google]
Fram Nara 3.png
675KB, 900x1258px
>>
>>15617371
Oh, so it's just Hino being an absent-minded manchild then.

>>15617447
>>15617448
>>15617449
Anyone got the one where she POMFs with Girard?
>>
File: 41427355.jpg (107KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
41427355.jpg
107KB, 500x750px
>>
>>15617417
What a waste of a character death. She was super cute.
>>
>>15615528
>women in age
> having agency

Funny. They were baby factories or death motivators. That's it.
>>
File: 30r5.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
30r5.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>15615386
I remember that show.
>>
>>15619470
That really was a while ago.
>>
>>15615386

You're free to like whatever you want, but if most people don't like something you do like it's not like they're not also free to give their opinion on it. Having a discussion on AGE is going to be difficult, but that's equally true of most shows because even if people don't overwhelmingly dislike or hate a show, most threads are going to be shitposted in to the ground regardless.

I liked a lot of the ideas in Gundam AGE, and in the infamous apocalypse thread people link to occasionally about it's announcement I could probably still find my own posts, since I'm pretty sure I posted twice or three times saying it reminded me of the more silly but memorable aspects of Crossbone and that I liked that Banrise were taking a chance and doing something slightly different, but AGE started off dull and just got worse when it actually aired in my opinion. I stopped watching after three episodes or something, not because I actively hated it, but because I just flat out forgot it existed and had new episodes coming out since the ones that I had watched were so generic and forgettable. I checked back in to the show every now and then as it was airing, but the only time I found it truly energizing and fun was the first two episodes of Kio's generation, and I again managed to last up till he made it to Mars even though I found the rest of the episodes tedious at best, but Lu made me switch it off straight away because I found her execution so insulting.

I don't find Kio or anything to do with him to be a problem, I find the show's pacing, villains, lack of generational continuity, muddy thematic work and so on to be much greater issues. Mostly though I just find it boring. It has some neat ideas, but having good ideas isn't worth much if you never capitalize on them.
>>
>>15615386
I liked it too, fuck the haters.
It had its problems, sure, quite a few of them, but I still liked it overall.
It could have been helped tremendously by actually explaining Zeahart's character-inversion as having been Ezelcant mindfucking him instead of just (apparently) talking him into it by that weird rant. Also in order to like Kio you kind of need to assume that most of the people of 2nd Moon were actually decent people despite the show never actually bothering to show this except for one sick little girl whose actually decent brother becomes a bloodthirsty psycho just like every other Vagan shown in the series. The show really dropped the ball on that part since the show basically presents the Vagans as actually being the murderbots that Flit sees them as.

That said, I did like the generational concept and the progression from Flit to Kio of
>"I'm going to save everyone on my side by destroying the other side"
>"I'm going to keep these two sides from destroying each other'
>"I'm going to save EVERYONE from this war."
Also most of the mech designs were awesome. Those dragon-bots with the penis lasers were kind of weird, but the earth grunts were cool and AGE-2 is fucking fantastic.
>>
File: 46629903_p0.jpg (271KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
46629903_p0.jpg
271KB, 960x1280px
>>
>>15615386
I don't care much fire AGE but Memory of Eden is my jam.
>>
>>15615446

What really gets me is how nonsensical Asemu's plan is.

Asemu, as 'Captain Ash', is doing everything he can to prolong the war. He attacked both Earth ships and Veigan ships, for the sole purpose of avoiding a climatic clash.

How stupid is he? Earth had the advantage. His father was going to end the war. They were within spitting distance of military victory / peace in our time. But no, he decides to drag on the battle for thirteen years, causing thousands more deaths (if not more) and even more resources wasted.

Good job, 'Captain Ash', you stupid motherfucker.
>>
>>15615386
AGE is ok but fuck Kio, Flit should've killed all those Vagans for good.
>>
File: Frito-approved.jpg (26KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
Frito-approved.jpg
26KB, 512x288px
>>15622204
>>
>>15615386
Hey it's the girl from Beat Angel Escalayer
>>
>>15622030

Well at the time both sides were set on committing genocide and killing millions of people, civilian and military. So yea, he did do a good job in those terms, because killing thousands of soldiers and delaying the end of the war indefinitely so that a few battles involving tens of thousands of civilians happen. It's still dumb and not executed particularly well, especially in justifying why he couldn't contact his family or having them react to his deception, but it was there. It also did a bad job demonstrating why what he did was a good thing; you can infer why it was a good thing (like I just did at the start of this post), but demonstrating it is always more effective than vague inferences, especially for such a divisive action.
>>
File: latest.jpg (178KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
178KB, 1280x720px
I'm on Episode 48 of Age right now.

Its reputation of mediocrity is understandable, but largely overblown, both on /m/ and elsewhere. Most of its down points are mainly a lack of time to really set things up, especially beginning in the Asemu segment, and fumbling the ball at inopportune moments in both characters and storytelling, eg.:

>Arabel dying as some alley rat instead of, say, being a fellow pilot alongside Zeheart, tortured and twisted throughout the second part of Asemu arc about being beaten to the punch of killing Grodek by traitors in the Federation
>an episode dedicated to Asemu's D grade in spess powers when accumulating angst against Zeheart would have led to the same helmet theft
>Shanalua's death at the hands of some literally-who instead of maybe much later in space against Zanald, letting the story set up a tighter squeeze between her dedication to Abis Team/Kio versus handing Kio over to the Vagans for spare cash
>AGE-3's poor representation, the unnecessary "the machine can't keep up with me" when the Legilis/Ezelcant is already understandably miles ahead and would have wrecked the Orbital/Kio even if it were undamaged; the AGE-3 Normal never had a chance. I guess they just wanted to portray Kio being good enough to be pushing the control sticks too quickly, but the whole scene is just bad in general

Etc. and so on. I do appreciate the effort to show the work Kio puts into his kills once he's in the FX instead of "unchallenged bloodless mass victories, episode whatever", and it's a shame there was never a chance of a proper standoff between grandfather, father, and son, over their ideologies.

Also Genoace O-Custom and Clanche Custom are sexy as fuck.
>>
>>15615386
There's a boring arc early on and the ending is shit, otherwise it's fine, really. It's certainly better overall than SEED and Destiny.
>>
I actually like that Flit had a good justification to go full Hitler.
He's just dealing with the shit cards he was dealt in life in the best way possible.
>>
So women in AGE are either irrelevant, or dead?
>>
>>15625713
Basically, yes. At least SRW BX lets you avoid the death part, for Kio's arc.
>>
>>15625718
Yeah but who cares about any of them?
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.