[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does so much of the fandom write Gundam Wing off as having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: treize_quotes_by_nazlando.jpg (432KB, 1025x768px) Image search: [Google]
treize_quotes_by_nazlando.jpg
432KB, 1025x768px
Why does so much of the fandom write Gundam Wing off as having nothing intelligent to say?
>>
3 of those quotes made me laugh out loud.
>>
>>15614320
Those look like posts literal fedora tippers would make
>>
Everything intelligent it had to say came years later in hindsight with the advent of drone warfare, it wasn't relevant at the time the show came out.
>>
>>15614339
They sure put a lot of effort into pretending being intelligent so idiots like me would think its smart just so I would buy gundam models. Damn you bandai!
>>
>Now I enter these hallowed halls... a conqueror, yes. Federation and Zeon, still frozen in emergency stasis, awaiting a moment, four millions years hence, when they will awaken to start the One Year War. Grr... the OneYear War. Where the Feddies defeated Zeon, and thus, their descendents, the Earthsphere rule we Colonists. Archaic salt-inhalers... how dare they!
>Unwilling though I was to follow Aznable's instructions, it has all come down to this! The ultimate risk... for the ultimate prize! A day of reckoning... for those who made us slaves!
>So, we are now face to face, Amuro Ray. In one future you'll become the great leader of the Federation. But time, shall take a different course. Computer, all available power to primary weapon.
>In memory of Zeon! For the glory of the Treize Faction! For the Earth sphere that is rightfully ours... and mine to rule!
>Farewell!
>>
>>15614320

Because every single one of those quotes is fucking retarded. Like wholly shit are you a freshman?

That's what a douche bag who wants to sound smart says.
>>
>>15614427
>fucking retarded
You can't just say that. You need to give a detailed explanation why otherwise you're just shitposting
>>
>>15614451

That's fucking retarded
>>
>>15614320
Your Sight
My Delight
>>
>>15614427
came here to say this.
these quotes are so cliche and simple, it's like they're trying so hard to pass as complicated and smart.
>>
File: 1441850508039.jpg (66KB, 512x420px) Image search: [Google]
1441850508039.jpg
66KB, 512x420px
>>15614361

TREIZE WARNED US. WE REFUSED TO LISTEN.
>>
>>15614574
>and yet you think probably think Tomino's clunky dialogue is better and crackpot insights are better.
>>
>>15614637
heeeeeeee-rooooooooow come baaaaack and killlllll meeeeeeeeee

DUNDUDUDUNNNNA NA DUNNANA DUNANA NANANA
>>
>>15614760
Bitch you hatin on Wings of the Boy?
>>
>>15614637
Timing dialog is arbitrary least entertaining wing speak is literally the rambling of a deranged autist
>>
>>15614320
Wing takes itself way to seriously for what it is
>>
>>15614320
I haven't watched Wing yet, but from what I've observed it's disrespected because it aired on AS so it's associated with nostalgia fags.
>>
Well Trieze is literally the only one with anything intelligent to say and most of it is pretty cut and dry. Most of the other characters are shouting stuff before they have even figured it out for themselves like Milliardo and Relena.
>>
>>15614637
It's about the same actually. I always thought a lot of the more nonsensical character interactions in Wing felt very Tomino-esque, but in all the worst ways. I guess it's a successful AU in that sense.
>>
>>15615032
That's what makes it hilarious.
>>
File: 1367303068845.gif (3MB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
1367303068845.gif
3MB, 704x480px
>>15615046
>AS
adult swim didn't even exist when it aired. It was on toonami, and you could watch it uncut on based midnight run if you stayed up late.

hear listen to optimus prime explain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUKUz4hI3PU

On personal note, Wing didn't do much for me when it aired in the states. I liked 08th and G much better as a kid. I started liking wing when I watched it again in college.
>>
>>15614427
>>15614574
Look at the pic. Do you really think it was done in sincere awe?

Please learn to take a joke or focus your autism into something useful like remembering fictional industrial pieces.
>>
>>15615046
The biggest issue is that it takes 15 episodes to be something. Before that all characterization is "that's just how I am" or "trust me I have reassons but don't feel like solving this issue in 10 seconds explaining them", tons of reused animation, OP gundams that become boring to watch (stated on show that bullets can't ever pierce them) and no clear point to anything that is going on.

Once they get to space you have cool mechs, some moral about drones, sides, goals. It feels like a show. It pretty much rips off the end of 0079 and CCA but there's something at least.
>>
>>15614320

That's some weak as shit ideology Treize.
>>
>>15614320
Because the whole "fighting will bring us strength and we'll be great for it so long as we have eternal war" thing is stupid and has never worked for any society to actually try it.
>>
Because Wing has nothing intelligent to say.
>>
Im about halfway through wing right now and as far as I can tell every single character in the show is retarded. Their motivations make no sense. All treize does is ramble and they kill a bunch of people for some retarded internal struggle that has no relevance at all, because of muh honor. I liked Quatre but then he also became an edgelord.
>>
>>15616856
Try to imagine that the show starts when they get to space. If you end up enjoying it I really wanna know if you can skip the first half without loosing anything.
>>
>>15615288
>stated on show that bullets can't ever pierce them

Neither could the original gundam, the zaku unloaded his machinegun on it and it did nothing
>>
>>15616888
That's why the core fighter was shitty, the pilot untrained and most mechs wrecked it with heat weapons. There was some balance, if anything making it tank bullets was how it could manage to last.

In wing no weapon damages them, until they start doing it in space. They only damage gundams by trying to drown the pilot and letting it kill soldiers until it runs out of fuel in the first half. If anything Oz is in the position of underdog, and that's weird af.
>>
Because it's bad and has nothing intelligent to say
>>
>>15614320
Does anyone else get confused when watching Wing?
>>
>>15616907
>In wing no weapon damages them, until they start doing it in space.
Beam weapons do, it's just that it takes the bad guys a while to have beam weapons in anything more than sabers or wielded by a Taurus
>>
>>15616172

Trieze didn't want eternal war though, no-one in Wing did. The closest was Milliardo, with his retarded "if we have a huge war, people will never want another war again" plan with White Fang. Zechs romanticized the role and idea of soldiers but was doing so because he thought them the pariahs of society in some ways (hence his lines about losers being glorious and why his successor Wufei wanted to know a soldier's role in peacetime in Endless Waltz) and was really just trying to bring peace in his own stupid way.
>>
>>15615046
I watched it when it was hot and didn't watch it again until a couple years ago. During that second viewing I cringed profusely. I think the hate stems from a bit of self-loathing for once thinking it was great rather than stemming from people with the benefit of age and perspective hating on nostalgia fags. It will never be regarded as great, or even particularly good, but I think in time we'll get over the self-loathing and feel a bit more affectionate toward it.
>>
Say what you will about the plot and characters, but the OST for Wing was fucking top tier and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.
>>
>>15614320
team 00 is just a poor clone of the wing boys

awesome characters: duo/neil
team autistic: heero/setsuna
characters with parted hair: trowa/hallelujah
weirdos: wufei and tieria
characters with blond hair: quatre and zechs.
>>
>>15616870
I can imagine that working. Since the characters do a bunch of unreasonable shit anyways you won't get what they are trying to achieve either way.
>>
>>15617310
Yes.
>>
>>15614320
I agree that Wing has some intelligent points that it makes, but the ones in your picture are just moronic and do not help the shows image at all.
>>
>>15615112
>Well Trieze is literally the only one with anything intelligent to say

Nah, Milliardo, Dorthy, even Quinze have some decent lines as well. Plus Trieze says a lot of dumb crap that people like to overlook.
>>
>>15615206
>"Greatest action cartoon ever made!"
I always liked how Toonami hyped the fuck out of DBZ to levels of parody. It's also funny how no one throws an autism fit over them referring to it as a cartoon.
>>
>>15614320
Treize would have been a neat side character in LOGH
>>
Endless Waltz is pants-on-head retarded.

>Weapons cause war so let's get rid of our weapons and nobody will make wars
>oh shit someone made new weapons we need to get our old weapons back to defend ourselves
>okay we ended the war
>now let's get rid of our weapons again
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.