[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heya /m/, I just finished the MSG compilation movies on you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 3172.jpg (362KB, 1024x632px) Image search: [Google]
3172.jpg
362KB, 1024x632px
Heya /m/,

I just finished the MSG compilation movies on you guys' suggestion and had a blast it. I've also watched 08th MS team (loved it), and War in the Pocket (loved it)

When watching further shows is it better to go by in universe timeline (in which case I go back to Gundam origin) or should I just go onward with Zeta which I believe is the next published one?

Also some questions from the movies since they're still fresh in my mind, and I'm not sure if it's because I'm missing something from not watching the TV show:

Probably as a consequence of the terrible one sided fights that Amuro deals out for the entirety of the series am I fucked in the head for sympathizing with Zeon? Apart from Ghiren "Space Hitler" Zabi, a lot of the Zeon characters I've seen so far are pretty interesting and sympathetic characters. Dozle, Ramba Ral, Hamon, Garma, Lalah (throw in Bernie and company from War in the Pocket and Norris, Bjorn, Topp, Dell, and Yuri from 08th MS team) are all pretty sympathetic characters, when among the Earth Federation you've got, well, much less (at least to me) interesting characters.

Or am I just fucked in the head.

Other question I had was on Char. Isn't Char kind of a dick for killing Garma and Kycilia? I understand his motivation for knocking off Degwin for what Degwin did to his father, but what'd Garma and Kycilia do to him, or is he supposed to be made out as a bad guy for doing that or what im confus

Last question going forward is I really enjoyed the feel of War in the Pocket/08th MS Team stories of average grunts just trying survive in shitfest that was the One Year War, as well as the political happenings in the third movie of the MSG film, are these things that are common in the other shows in the universe?

Thanks dudes.
>>
File: ThisThreadTho.gif (970KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
ThisThreadTho.gif
970KB, 500x380px
>>15612860
>am I fucked in the head for sympathizing with Zeon?
Yes and no. Sympathizing with them as an entity? Absolutely. Sympathizing with individual members of Zeon? Go for it. A lot of the Zeon characters are cool dudes (although Dozle is a piece of shit, despite his cool demeanor, as is Hamon.) Mobile Suit Gundam sort of suffered from that whole trope of the main characters being just as fucked by their own side as the enemy side, so the Federation's higher ups sometimes end up being cartoonishly evil while Zeon ends up being standard evil.

>Isn't Char kind of a dick?
Watch Zeta.

>I kind of enjoyed WitP/08th MS Team because grunts. What do?
You've hit the peak, sadly.
>Muh political drama?
Watch Zeta.

Good luck.
>>
>>15612860
>Isn't Char kind of a dick
yes
please remember this so you don't get confused later
>>
>>15612883

Did I miss something about Dozle and Hamon that was in TV show or is that something else? Dozle seems like a nice caring family man who values the lives of his subordinates while Hamon seems devoted enough to Ramba to kamikaze on Amuro.
>>
>>15612914
Iirc, Dozle was pretty complicit in the war crimes Zeon committed. Also I seem to recall something about him screwing the help.

Besides, how can you like a man who failed to mass produce the Big Zam? He had ONE JOB.

>Hamon seems devoted enough to Ramba to kamikaze on Amuro.
Oh. Right. Hamon. For some reason I thought you were talking about Haman. Disregard what I said.

... Also watch Zeta.
>>
>>15612860
>Watch Zeta
>Watch 0083 and/or CCA after
>Remember that Char is still a cavernous asshole of a human being
>Then from there you either have the path of ZZ/Unicorn or F91 to walk

Personally I wish more late UC shit like F91 existed besides Victory.
>>
Thanks anon, starting Zeta right now, looking forward to it!
>>
File: 1360557316962.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1360557316962.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>mfw people don't like Char around me
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.