[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone tell me anything about any of the GGeneration settings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 14100590.png (195KB, 552x762px) Image search: [Google]
14100590.png
195KB, 552x762px
Can someone tell me anything about any of the GGeneration settings and how they do their crossovers?

I want to make my own Gundam setting for a tabletop campaign and include mobile suits from multiple universes without just going "All the zeon-esque settings go to the composite Zeon faction".
>>
>>15611144
G Gen World and Overworld take place inside an extremely sophisticated computer simulation. Typically the system is just adhering to history, but sometimes it goes haywire and makes a crossover. The player's teams seem to have some sort of special existence, as the generation system never affects them.

Typically, when crossover happens, they make it fit somewhat logically. Like when Char and Full Frontal show up simultaneously, Full Frontal is just part of Char's Neo Zeon.
>>
>>15611152
Occasionally, someone pulls out a supercode to make everyone go against you, and that's not cool.

The deeper you try to penetrate the system, the more the system will throw out archived heroes.

That aside, what system are you using for the tabletop?
>>
>>15611153
I'm thinking of using Silhouette/Jovian Chronicles 1E.

My plan is to start with a few OYW suits and gradually stat things out through the campaign so I don't burn myself out.
>>
>>15611160
If you used Mekton Zeta or a compatible system I could provide you with sheets for almost every single mobile suit in the One Year War, pre-made. Can't attest to how good the balance of them is, but it's a good starting point. Roll20 also has a supported character sheet template for the game.

Though that would require mucking around with Mekton, which you may or may not be interested in.
>>
>>15612342
Post it please. I don't think I've seen that.
>>
>>15612355
Here you go:
>https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwowO6GyAyMDc2ZxaHpZVzNYNUE?usp=sharing

And here's a link to the most up to date mecha template:
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HrqFYexa2QrbEBJi0EeCmK5Fa8B1nD63aLHygAnLVvM/edit?usp=sharing

This shit looks daunting at first, but once you get an idea of how it all works it's fairly simple to get running. Alternatively, Talsorian could get off their fucking asses and release Mekton Zero.
>>
>>15612376
Did he use the mekton to gundam conversion or did he eyeball all the stats?
>>
>>15612565
I mostly played it by ear using the Zaku II and GM as a base for the rest of the suits, so more advanced mobile suits scale off of those models. The Gundam also sort of scales with the Gelgoog as a slightly superior suit. This is also just pure Mekton Zeta, and doesn't use anything from Gundam Senki or any conversions for the sake of avoiding all of that extra stuff.

Again though, it can be hard to say how good the balance of the whole line is. It should at least act as a decent ballpark. To date I've not had any opportunity to really get down to the nitty gritty and test these suits out, with the sole exception of the GM and Zaku II. Even if the stats might be a bit off, this still helps to get rid of a lot of the work you'd need to put in statting those suits out from scratch.
>>
>>15612583
As an extra note, I'd like to give the whole series a second pass some time in the future using the more up-to-date sheet, but because that's such an undertaking I'd rather wait for Mekton Zero to come out before I run off and restat all of those mobile suits.

Generally for a lot of these suits if you have an issue with some of the stats like their speed, MV, or armor, you can just change that in a couple of seconds. For handheld weapons, which are copied and pasted for every suit that utilizes those weapons, you can just remake that weapon with the altered value and apply it as needed.
>>
>>15612583
So you didn't use the technical stats? This really rustles my 'tism.
>>
>>15612615
>So you didn't use the technical stats? This really rustles my 'tism.
I considered it, but a solid reporting of technical stats isn't available for a lot of mobile suits. Except for the weight (I tried to scale suits relatively based on MV, which means that in game terms their weights are probably fairly reasonable,) most of the things mentioned in Wright's conversion rules are probably here in one form or another. To put it simply: I didn't use Wright's rules, but it's very likely that a lot of these suits conform to them by coincidence.

There aren't actually that many applicable conversion rules anyways, and the rule for using head height/1.8 to determine torso kills is insanely inaccurate. That would give a GM more torso kills than a Zaku II despite the GM being slimmer, lighter, and therefore more dependent on agility. The Verniers rules are a bit strange, and again, more or less are reflected in the relative balance (you can alter the MV easily by actually adding verniers, or using weight reduction.) Wright basically just took the Mekton Zeta system and tried to find a way to make math help you stat out your Gundam mechs, but back in 1997 I don't think he could fathom just how crazy Bandai would get when it comes to reporting mobile suit stats, so almost none of this shit even works.

It's worth mentioning that based on what we know about Gundam Senki, its mecha creation system was extremely simplified.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.