[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we discuss what each Gundam (UC) represents? In my humble

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

Can we discuss what each Gundam (UC) represents? In my humble opinion The original Gundam represented hope which they all do for the EFSF and absolute terror Zeon, Mk.ll was the Titans attempts at the same as the original one, the Zeta represented the new age of Mobile Suits and AF Jewish origins, the ZZ how dire the times were, the Nu obviously Amuro's progress and grow as a person, Alex probably the EFSF intend to make Newtypes into weapons, the F91 yet another new age of MS, the GP series, at least 1&3 the apex of MS technology before the transformations gimmicks, the Victory the apex of Gundams and the V2 the apex of the age brought upon by the F91. And the Unicorn I don't really know what to think of it, it could be said to be the culmination of Newtype weaponry but it was an anti-Newtypes weapon yet it's full potential could only be unlock by a true Newtype. And the ∀ Gundam could be mankind wishes to stop fighting

>Hurr durr not UC. Like it or not all timelines lead to Turn A

Now this isn't actually UC but Bael has to be the most meaningful one.
>>
>>15608869
OP here;
*and absolute terror for Zeon.
*growth as a person
>>
They don't represent anything, and are never presented as anything more than military piece of hardware. At least until Unicorn and Banagher starts talking to it like its sentient and it responds.
>>
>>15608886
Well sorry anon but I disagree with your opinion, the fact that the original one is nicknamed the White Devil does in fact shows that it represents death and terror to the Zeon forces, the Zeta was sought after so it could be interpreted as a promotion and prestige in the eyes of the Titans, the ZZ is armed to the teeth and has various upgrades which turn it up to 11 with each upgrade thus showing the need for firepower in that time, the fact that Alex was designed for Amuro aka. a Newtype does show the EFSF interest in Newtype battle abilities.
>>
>>15608896
They're military machines, nothing more. The nickname shows just how effective it was, you're over thinking it. Zeon has a dozen aces with nicknames that reflect their machines, it doesn't mean anything which is pretty apparent because nicknames stop being a thing after the OYW which goes to show it was just to add some flavor there's no substance too it. You want deep why not go fishing Evangelion ocean?
>>
>>15608937
>You want deep why not go fishing Evangelion ocean?
Because discussing it only gave me Kidney stones.
>>
>>15608869
You kinda have something with the RX-78 and Zeta, but everything else is a stretch.
I think Gundam, especially UC, is a fantastic series to read more into... But not in the way that you're doing. A Gundam doesn't represent something, it is something. You're looking at it as if the Gundam itself is an allegory or metaphor, but it's really much more straight forward than that. This is Gundam, not Utena.
>>
File: 53861488_p0_master1200.jpg (125KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
53861488_p0_master1200.jpg
125KB, 600x429px
>>15608956
Well reading into something by itself is a strech. But you can't deny that the Zeta and F91 were the beggining of different eras of Mobile Suit designs, nor that the ZZ needed a lot of firepower to deal with Neo Zeon,the Nu was literally designed by Amuro himself so it does shows his preferences, and that the GP series and Victory types were the "greatest" of their time, nor that the Alex and Unicorn were Newtype weaponry. Was that less of a stretch?
>>
By the way I don't mean to offend anybody, I DO want to discuss this so no shitposting or baiting.
>>
>>15608988
>Well reading into something by itself is a strech.
Not when there's substance to read into.
>Was that less of a stretch?
No that's just the same thing you said in the OP but worded slightly differently.
You still have the same problem, that isn't what the Gundam "represents" it's what those Gundam "are".
You can't really have a discussion of facts, because there's no room for interpretation.
>>
>come into a thread expecting discussion of the overall themes of each work
>get this instead
What the fuck
>>
>>15609216
>war is bad
>war is bad
>war is bad
>war is bad
>war is bad
>war is bad
>war is bad
>adults are bad
That what you wanted?
>>
>>15608869
>>15608992
>I DO want to discuss this
Discuss what? There's nothing to discuss. Each Gundam is a war machine devised as an upgrade to its predecessor. There's no existential meaning behind any of this shit. Of course the Federation wanted to strike terror into Zeon. Of course the Federation wanted to weaponize Newtypes. They said as much themselves. Of course each series ushers in a new age of mobile suits, it's called technological growth.

>Nu Gundam could be mankind wishes to stop fighting.
Jesus Yamato help us all.
>>
>>15609736
I thought "adults suck" was Double Zeta's thing?
>>
>>15608869
am you of are to being of speak the english
>>
>>15609772
>There's no existential meaning behind any of this shit.
>Each Gundam is a war machine devised as an upgrade to its predecessor. >>15609937
Both of you should just stick to shitting on IBO, fapping over 00 or playing with toys.
>>
>>15609987
>fapping over 00
Why would I fap over a slightly better version of Gundam Wing?
>>
>>15609987
Ironically the 00 Gundams do represent something beyond tools of war, toys of war and toys. At least to Setsuna
>>
>>15608886
Unicorn wasn't really sentient as much as it was programmed to make you a maniac unless you know how to really control it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.