[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam World is Unreal, said Yoshiyuki Tomino A talk called

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: 4427623279_335e21cba1_m.jpg (19KB, 217x240px) Image search: [Google]
4427623279_335e21cba1_m.jpg
19KB, 217x240px
Gundam World is Unreal, said Yoshiyuki Tomino

A talk called "Introduction to Gundam Astronomy", featuring three guest speakers including the creator of Gundam, Yoshiyuki Tomino, "Gundam UC" author, Harutoshi Fukui and astronomy professor, Jun Fukue (福江純) was held at Roppongi Hills Mori Tower, which is 270 meters above sea level in Tokyo Sky Deck.

The main objective of the talk is the discuss the possibility of space exploration from Gundam universe's point of view, whether space colony is feasible and other related issues.

Unfortunately, Yoshiyuki Tomino somewhat destroys many people dreams by saying that "the world of Gundam is unrealistic" (ガンダムの世界”は非現実的). He remained skeptic of the possibilities of human beings living in space colonies for as long as 30 years as depicted in Gundam anime as he thinks the environment wouldn't permit it.

"Then, you don't like the world of Gundam?" (じゃあ、ガンダムみたいな世界はないわけ!?) Questioned by Harutoshi Fukui who wasn't very happy about Yoshiyuki Tomino's statment.

"It's just an anime" (だってアニメだもん!) said Yoshiyuki Tomino. ^^;

On the various terms, names and development plans he came up with in the Gundam world, "I can't remember, I just followed my feeling at the time when I created them". ^^; He even said that "Gundams are drawn by people with empty wishes, and Gundam anime producers like him are tormented by that" (ものすごい絵空事をこの人はそれっぽく描くから、僕たち(ガンダムの制作者たち)は苦しめられる). This provoked a lot of displeased grumblings from Harutoshi Fukui.
>>
>>15605992
how would that one site spin this around this time i wonder
>>
But what about ANIME JA NAI ANIME JA NAI HONTO NO KOTO SA? I can't believe he lied to us.
>>
>>15605992

Tomino plagiarised O'Neill's book in Gundam so why the hell would we need his advice on space exploration ? Go read the fucking original source.
>>
>>15605992
>Harutoshi Fukui who wasn't very happy about Yoshiyuki Tomino's statment.
>This provoked a lot of displeased grumblings from Harutoshi Fukui.

B T F O
T
F
O
>>
File: judau goes nuclear, part II.png (991KB, 1104x722px) Image search: [Google]
judau goes nuclear, part II.png
991KB, 1104x722px
>>15606003
Those fucking adults! I won't let them get away with it!
>>
>>15605992

Now he's definitely going to kill off all the waifus in Starblazers. Does Tomino even understand that he's creating tormented people by saying stuff like this even though he's always saying that creators shouldn't create out of their depression and sadness? Sometimes people just need idols who are "perfect". People based their values on what they believe to be true, not what really is and having that crushed is painful for them. Sometimes it's necessary but I'm not sure people working for pennies in the anime industry need that sort of suffering.
>>
File: 1496279655937.jpg (63KB, 880x1321px) Image search: [Google]
1496279655937.jpg
63KB, 880x1321px
>And in the end
>It WAS an anime
>>
Tomino shits on Gundam when he can, because he feels like he created a series of 30 minute long commercials for model kits instead of making actual good storytelling
>>
File: 1468797462259.jpg (50KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1468797462259.jpg
50KB, 800x450px
>>15605992
Tomino's just a grouchy old man.
>>
>>15605992
b-but ANIME JA NAI
>>
>>15605992
>Gundams are drawn by people with empty wishes

I'm a little curious to know what things Tomino would say are drawn by people with full wishes. Is he wishing people would draw more imaginative designs for Gundam, is he disillusioned with the idea of giant robots in general, is he saying that the modern anime industry is soulless, etc.?
>>
>>15606003
DATTE ANIME DA MON!
>>
>>15608061
To be fair, his shows are the only ones that actually had good storytelling and nuanced themes that go over most Americans' heads.
>>
>>15608107
Probably a combination of the three, Tomino really comes off as a jaded fuck when confronted about anime.
>>
Absolutely savage. This old man's brutality has no bounds.

Honestly, though, Gundam isn't hard sci-fi. However, it is fun to push your imagination to try and bridge the gap between RL technology and Gundam's technology.
>>
Fiction is fictitious.

More news at 11.
>>
>>15608040
Fukui pls. Cry somewhere else. In Audrey's bosom, preferably.
>>
Most people could die happy if they contributed something even half as notable as Gundam to the world.

But Tomino only knows hate.
>>
>>15605992
He's not entirely wrong, you know. Although the "empty wishes" line seems to just be a cranky old man rubbing salt in the wound.
>>
>Fake translations by a gook blogger debunked five years ago

>Retards still fall for them
>>
Well, assuming we don't manage to cause our extinction first, stable space colonies will definitely happen in the future. It's just that Tomino (and probably us), will be long dead before it actually happens. Maybe he's just bitter that he won't be alive to experience it.
>>
>>15608591
I wonder how much documentation of the event actually exists.
>>
Tomino is right yet again.
>>
>>15608714
https://pastebin.com/gCgKbzYf
>>
File: 1493578063197.png (759KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493578063197.png
759KB, 960x720px
>>15605992
>It's just an anime
DELET THIS
>>
Anime ja nai
Anime ja nai
Honto mou no saaaaa~
>>
File: Tomino laugh.jpg (34KB, 268x245px) Image search: [Google]
Tomino laugh.jpg
34KB, 268x245px
>>15605992
> Tomino being Tomino
>>
File: Gundam Sousei c10 - 17.jpg (279KB, 853x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam Sousei c10 - 17.jpg
279KB, 853x1200px
>>15610564
I really want to meet the old coot before he passes on.
>>
File: Tomino.jpg (76KB, 358x400px) Image search: [Google]
Tomino.jpg
76KB, 358x400px
>>15605992
never change tomino
>>
>>15610762
retard
>>15610536
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.