[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /m/ think of After War Gundam X? I hardly see it mentioned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: ignorethename.jpg (185KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
ignorethename.jpg
185KB, 1440x900px
What does /m/ think of After War Gundam X? I hardly see it mentioned at all, be it on /m/ or anywhere else. I see praise from time to time, but even that is rare, yet it's not widely hated as well like SEED or Reco G or even IBO.
>>
There is a thread like every two weeks.

Christ, X has gone from "that series that was okay nobody ever talks about" to "that series that everybody always talks about nobody talking about".
>>
>>15605915
>/m/
>not bringing up Gundam at every given opportunity
>not giving you dozens of Gundam threads daily in which you can ask about other Gundam shows
Try being a Bryger fan
>>
>>15605915
Why are people so obsessed with knowing what "/m/" thinks about any given show?

It's never a "Hey, let's talk about this show!" or "I just finished this show and have this to say about it", it's always fucking "HEY GUYS TELL ME HOW THE HIVEMIND SAYS I SHOULD FEEL ABOUT THIS SHOW!!!".
>>
x is shit don't listen to the neo /m/ hipsters
>>
>>15605927
It's just a random phrase to start the talks about a show. People say what they think and someone will disagree or agree with other views and boom discussion/talks/arguing.
>>
>>15605927
The same reason people ask for opinions on every other board, or beg for recommendations and sources for every little thing. People are so castrated that they can't function without other people spoonfeeding them opinions 24/7.

I understand why they ask the question, but something about it is inherently stupid, not to mention the "well it's not being talked about this moment so it must never be discussed/disliked" bullshit a lot of people like to pull.
>>
>>15605915
>or even IBO
Just because /m/ WANTS and TRIES to push the "IBO is shit" meme doesn't make it any more hated or shit.
>>
>>15605915
X is underrated as fuck, retards seem to hate it for some reason. Certainly worth of much more praise than the SEED and IBO turds.
>>
>>15605915
I liked the Airmaster and the Airmaster Burst.
>>
I reached episode 31 and can't muster the will to continue. I don't know why it bores me, it started out great.
>>
I liked it a lot. Even the dumb newtype dolphins.
>>
>>15605915
One of the best Gundam series out there and probably a strong contender for best AU. Tifa is mai waifu.
>>
>>15605927
>It's never a "Hey, let's talk about this show!" or "I just finished this show and have this to say about it"
I do that all the time and get "Not your blog" posts.
>>
>>15605915
It's great. My #1 pick for those "which Gundam would you most like to live in" threads. Despite being post-apocalyptic, it's one of the most up-beat (if not THE most upbeat) Gundam shows. The protagonist has to win with skill instead of magical power-ups, ghosts, or genetic engineering. Garrod and Tiffa are one of the cutest couples ever due to her shyness and his density. I could go on and on.

People who don't like it usually cite particularly odd story elements like the newtype dolphin or the fact that Garrod's competence and optimism make him unrelatable. Some also berate the Frost Brothers for the motivation behind their plan being so basic and petty, but that's part of what I like about the show. All four sides spout "HIGH IDEALS" when shit-talking each other but everyone's motives are very real and human.
>>
>>15606603
>Garrod's competence and optimism make him unrelatable
I, what?
>>
X has the best supporting cast in the franchise. Freedan crew are really in a league of their own.
>>
>>15605915
I'm waiting for the BD to come out.
>>
>>15606001
Oh yeah I get that it's not that disliked outside of /m/, but I felt I had to include it because we are on /m/ after all.
>>
>>15605939
found ANN
>>
>>15605927
I guess because if you start a thread based on your own opinions people are just going to shit on you immediately anyway.

But yes, it's annoying. People need to stop asking for validation from the Internet.

>>15605971
I think that's the fault of there just being so much media to consume these days. People don't know where to look or where to spend their time so if something isn't being constantly discussed they assume it's not relevant or worth caring about. They don't consider that it's old and there isn't much left to talk about outside of the few people who are discovering it for the first time.
>>
>>15607346
They are already out though?
>>
>>15605927
Because if you make a thread using your two examples, it's a high chance of people just not entering your thread if the subject is old and not too popular. So they end up using the tried and trusted method.
>>
Got cancelled when it aired

Gundam/MS designs are bad
>>
>>15611353
>Gundam/MS designs are bad
said nobody with an IQ in the triple digits
>>
>>15611360

> taste/preference is dictated by IQ

Said nobody ever.
>>
>>15611179
X doesn't have a BD release actually, even in Japan.
>>
>>15606603
>My #1 pick for those "which Gundam would you most like to live in" threads.
You know there's a serious plague going around in X, right?
>>
>>15611527
Yes it's called spacenoids
>>
File: garrod_ran_7670.jpg?1478963712.jpg (40KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
garrod_ran_7670.jpg?1478963712.jpg
40KB, 400x400px
>>15605915
I'm watching it right now. I'm really enjoying it. Mobile suit/armor designs ain't really grabbing me as much as other series. Airmaster isn't Zeta or Wing, Leopard is trying too hard to be Heavyarms, and the mooks are kinda plain. All of their suits are blending together. I fucking love the Frost brother suits, though. Virsago is my shit. I'm loving the characters though. Garrod is just Anime Aladdin and Jamile is cool, too. Although it feels like he's not a character who'll ever be in a fight, which sucks.
>>
>>15612252
Never mind about Jamile.
>>
>>15612289

But Jamil is the best NEET.
>>
>>15612252
I hate that the MC is a teenager, looks younger than he is (malnutrition?), but has a voice of a thirty-something man.
>>
>>15605915
the trope of walking up to gundams and just opening the cockpit and taking the pilot hostage with a pistol is stupid.
>>
>>15605915

It's pretty decent. Not terrible by any means, but it came out in a time where people were oversaturated with Gundam.

Designs are similar to wing(the main gundams at least), and Garrod is annoying at first.

Plus side is the setting, it's basically "What happens when Zeon destroys Earth with a colony drop".
>>
File: White_Dolphin_pic.png (34KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
White_Dolphin_pic.png
34KB, 200x150px
>>15605915
>Telepathic Dolphins
hol' up
>>
>>15614103

> it came out in a time where people were oversaturated with Gundam

That excuse is pretty flimsy since there's been way more Gundam the last few years and there's no sign people are tired of it. There's lower viewership numbers, but that's been true for all the shows in those years, not just the latest ones. Gunpla and other stuff hasn't notably declined in sales over time for new shows either.
>>
>>15616142
>That excuse is pretty flimsy since there's been way more Gundam the last few years and there's no sign people are tired of it.
Back in the 90s Gunpla sales were pretty low though and in a downwards trend, with Wing only giving a small boost. X's samey designs didn't help matters and they just crashed that year.

I remember someone once posted a chart here and I'm now kicking myself for not saving it.
>>
>>15605915
Make your own opinion. The people on /m will eaither shit on it, praise it, compare it to other series and than it will spiral out to people defending or supporting their respective favorites while trolls who cant accept that their anime is not universally loved and their hated anime is not universally hated throw in memes and stuff.
>>
>>15616142
>That excuse is pretty flimsy since there's been way more Gundam the last few years and there's no sign people are tired of it

I don't think that's a valid defense for X either, but Gundam's current over saturation is showing it's cracks.
>>
>>15616151
It had everything to do with X having rehashed and bad MS designs and a boring plot. There was no crash.
>>
>>15616739

I mean in the sense that the numbers were already low and went even lower. There's a reason Bandai just plain stopped with Gundam for years aside from the 8th ms team OVA, rather than just leaving X behind and starting another tv show.

Heck, Turn-A also ended up with lower ratings than X pre-timeslot change, and it didn't get cancelled.
>>
>>15616746
Wing had high numbers and got not only an OVA but a movie after X. You don't put budget into those projects if they only offered a little boost.
>>
>>15616158
Oh I've already formed it, it's just a way to start a discussion since if I just wrote my thoughts and wanted to talk about it people would say "this isn't your blog get out".
>>
>>15616746
The fuck are you talking about? Gundam X came out in 1996, and was followed by Endless Waltz, and then Turn A Gundam in 1999. During this entire time the 08th MS Team OVAs were being released. SEED came out in 2002.

There was no fucking gap, Anon.
>>
>>15616759
No problem. Enjoy the series.
>>
>>15616751
You do when it's the only thing in years that gives a boost. That happened with Den-O in the Kamen Rider franchise for example (Its numbers weren't special at all compared to shows like Ryuki and Faiz, but it came after 3 years of low number and so got quite a special treatment).

Hm... this is missing some of the numbers I was looking for. Anyway, its the middle column that matters - Toys & Hobby numbers for the Gundam franchise, listed in 100 million yens.

http://echo.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/shar/1470949713/

Still, even with this incomplete listing, you can see how 96-98 have the lowest numbers ever in that chart.
>>
>>15616826
Only 3 series had sold better than Den-O at that time. It didn't just give a small boost either, it was over 4 billion yen. Den-O was only .5 behind Faiz. It was a huge rise.
96 was the start of X. They stopped making full length series after it but continued with OVA and movies. X was the problem and always has been. It barely gets merchandise to this day and will be the last to get Blurays.
>>
>>15616847
>They stopped making full length series after it but continued with OVA and movies.
Are we still perpetuating this bullshit? There was a small gap of three-ish years between X and Turn A during which Studio 1 and 2 worked on Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, and Brain Powerd.

I understand you want to argue this idea that X ruined Gundam, but them not making a mainline Gundam series doesn't say shit in your favor. Stick to sales numbers and throw that gap fantasy by the wayside.
>>
>>15616847
>96 was the start of X.
It was the start and end. X started by march and ended by December due to losing the last cour. It didn't air during 97 at all, which is the actual lowest point in that chart.
>>
File: Capture.png (551KB, 634x478px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
551KB, 634x478px
>>15605915
I'm starting to really like this series.
>>
>>15616161

In what way?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.