[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished Zeta and I loved it, probably more than 0079. But

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: 24bu.jpg (167KB, 840x824px) Image search: [Google]
24bu.jpg
167KB, 840x824px
Just finished Zeta and I loved it, probably more than 0079. But man do I have questions. Like what the fuck was that ending?
>>
>>15605249

> Like what the fuck was that ending?

The ending was great. That waverider crash is iconic.
>>
File: e58.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
e58.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>15605300
>waverider crash is iconic.
Yeah that shit's awesome. So does Kamille like paralyze Scirocco or something? And that bright flash causes Kamille to just completely lose it?
>>
>>15605300
So iconic that it was reused in Might Gaine. Plus Agedama featured a Scirocco parody, it seems.
>>
File: 1492446896291.png (101KB, 346x382px) Image search: [Google]
1492446896291.png
101KB, 346x382px
>>15605309
I think that flash of light was all the malevolent attent and bad shit in Sirocco's mind and he just flashed it to Kamille. Kamille was basically a vessel for everyones thoughts at that point, so he got a whiff of that in his delicate state, thus leading him to get mindfucked
>>
Not OP but I finished Zeta and never got much further since I heard ZZ was sort of trash. Should I keep going in production order anyway or just jump to the next best series?
>>
>>15605386

Always production order
>>
File: ss+(2017-06-10+at+10.15.20).jpg (36KB, 305x385px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-06-10+at+10.15.20).jpg
36KB, 305x385px
>>15605383
Shit's so unbelievable. When I got to the end of 0079 I couldn't believe shit was going off the rails with New Types. I could believe Amuro being able to use the yomi and predict the enemy's movements. But the telepathy and shit really gave me my kicks. I had no idea Gundam had slight supernatural elements when I first got into the series.

>>15605386
OP here, I plan to move on to Char's Counterattack just because I'm itching for the conclusion between Amuro and Char. Then I'll go back to Stardust Memory. Right now I'm actually reading a manga that follows Char right after the battle of Solomon.
>>
>>15605386
do you dislike robot fights
there's no gundam cheevo waiting at the end
enjoy your journey while it lasts
>>
>>15605309
I love how he goes to get up to reflexively get out of the way and then he stops in a beautiful moment of realizing he had fucked up.
>>
>>15605386
>ZZ is trash
I don't care for this meme
>>
File: p4HMHka.png (626KB, 805x1260px) Image search: [Google]
p4HMHka.png
626KB, 805x1260px
Who's best Zabi? Mineva or Kycillia?
>>
>>15605513
Dozle.
>>
>>15605386
>>15605395
I don't quite get this whole you don't need to watch ZZ to watch CCA and you shouldn't since it's a step down and hardly relevant (but for Unicorn) to enjoy CCA (why the hell would you AbsolutelY want to watch CCA is beyond me).
But then after watching the four shows, I don't think Zeta is really that relevant either, you might as well jump straight from MSG to CCA since at least you don't have Char in his "I don't know anymore"-phase that confuse a lot of people. MSG leaves us with the Amuro and Char rivalry a bit appeased but unfinished, CCA directly concludes it.

You'll probably miss a couple of things like Astonaige, what the fuck is Axis, both aren't a big deal, tech jump is a bit rough, but you've seen most of it by the end OYW (big MA, funnels, newtypes). At this point, you might not be bored to hell by newtype kids fucking shit up so you might find Quess and Hathaway tolerable (I really couldn't after watching Zeta and ZZ then CCA). To me, CCA can be watched right after 0079 rather than Zeta, if you really are into jumping into it asap, even if for some absurd reasons. It all seems like a crazy plot not to watch ZZ, which is certainly less brilliant than MSG and Zeta, but still fairly ok and up to the best part of former shows at times.

tl;dr complete production order is only sensible order

>>15605513
Both are shit and this person know what's up >>15605876
>>
>>15605937
Holy shit are you so right. I finished CCA last night and hardly knew what was going on. As I was watching I kept thinking about how much I must have missed out with ZZ because I had no set up for Char being in power, Neo Zeon still being a thing, etc. What exactly does ZZ cover? Does it conclude Haman and Sayla's arc? Does it cover the first Neo Zeon war?
>>
>>15605937
>since at least you don't have Char in his "I don't know anymore" phase
But CCA is his "I don't know anymore" phase.
>>
>>15605249
>Just finished Zeta and I loved it, probably more than 0079.

Is this one of those fake troll threads?
>>
>>15606185
yes and yes
>>
>>15606205
Then I fucked up. I'll start it after I finish Stardust Memory.
>>
Was the power level and performance disparity between Zeta and The O, really so great that Kamille had to resort to ramming it to make any sort of difference?
>>
>>15606185
>Does it conclude Haman and Sayla's arc
Only Haman's. Since Say;a's voice actress was always unavailable she has next to no presence after 0079, but at least she has a speaking role in ZZ even if it's near the very last episode and she doesn't do anything to impact the story really.
>>
>>15606232
The O was pretty thicc, so I wouldn't be surprised if most of the Zeta's weapons wouldn't do any lasting damage and The O is so fast on top of that since it was designed for Jupiter. It makes me feel good that one of my favorite Zeta designs is so OP
>>
>>15605249
>Just finished Zeta and I loved it, probably more than 0079.
Shit taste detected
>>
>>15606185
Don't expect ZZ to set up CCA in any way. It has some relevant information about the setting and the political climate but nothing that can't be deduced from the movie itself. From a narrative perspective they are completely unrelated.
>>
>>15606605
Give me a break. I've binged 5 series over the course of 2 weeks. I haven't had time to let it all settle.
>>
>>15605937
>You'll probably miss a couple of things like Astonaige
>aren't a big deal
anon you monster ;_;
>>
>>15605249
What do you mean? Was something about the ending confusing? Was it unsatisfying?

Anyway, I liked Zeta for what is was. I was never into the whole idea of newtypes when they we're made known in 0079 because it just seemed so jarring to how straight they were playing most of the show until that point.

Many claim that "it was foreshadowed" but honestly, I took most of it as some people's survival instincts go into high gear when on the battle field, not "I CAN TASTE THE RAINBOW OF YOUR FEELINGS" levels of weirdness
>>
>>15606748
I guess for me the ending just felt incredibly abrupt. Like there's no closure I feel. The Hiyaku Shiki is just seen floating in space, Kamille likely has amnesia or something, Haman isn't mentioned. It just feels like such a weird place to end it.
>>
>>15606760
>The Hiyaku Shiki is just seen floating in space,
A direct copy-pasta callback to MSG's end.
>Kamille likely has amnesia or something,
ZZ
>Haman isn't mentioned
ZZ
>It just feels like such a weird place to end it.
That's because it wasn't the end. Z-ZZ are one on-going series.
>>
>>15606894
I was under the impression that I didn't need ZZ. Now that I know it's pretty much vital to Zeta I'm kinda ticked off at my friend for telling me to skip it.
>>
>>15606904
The skip ZZ meme is deeply ingrained into people who often just forget that almost all of Zeta's hanging plot threads are resolved in ZZ
>>
>>15606904
you don't need zeta either considering it's just as bad
>>
>>15606904
ZZ ejects Zeta's characters from the plot fairly early on with the exception of Bright and Haman. Some old faces show up again later on, and there is a little more conclusion to Kamille's story, but it's never the main focus, or even a subplot.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mrikt9xdOA1qz4rgp.gif (364KB, 285x186px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mrikt9xdOA1qz4rgp.gif
364KB, 285x186px
>>15606981
That's a bit disappointing. How long is ZZ? Is it worth sitting through all of it if I only care about the original Zeta cast?
>>
>>15606904
I mean, ZZ took the same timeslot Z had, started airing the week immediately after Z ended, and the first episode recapped the events of Z while continuing almost directly from the final episode (like minutes/hours after). Hell, ZZ uses alot of music tracks from Z and eventhe second title card tune.
>>
>>15607015
>if I only care about the original Zeta cast?
Most of whom are dead outside of Kamille, Fa, Bright and the bridge crew, the doctor, and Astonaige? The Titan characters are obviously gone, Zeta Neo Zeon has Haman and... nobody else, and most of the AEUG is up in smoke.
>>
>>15607038
Good enough for me then. Does Char show up at all?
>>
>>15607044
Nope. On the other hand, you have Glemy, who might or might not be a son/clone of Gihren.
>>
>>15606635
It hurted to wrote it but let's face it, Astonaige is fairly irrelevant plot-wise. Still a 10/10 character but you get them plot or not plot.

The three big MSG characters are back in CCA and in even better forms so...
>>
>>15606904
You'd be a fool to believe ZZ is worth watching for plot threads. Literally it makes the few surviving characters look stupid (most of who you'd presumed to have died at the end of Zeta like Hamam and Yazan), Kamille's story has such a bullshit conclusion that thematically it would've been better for him to just stay lobotomized, no set up at all for CCA, and the only relevant set-up it has is for Unicorn which is a garbage skip panel show anyway.
>>
>>15609926
>presumed to have died at the end of Zeta like Hamam
???
Haman was clearly alive and kicking by the end of Zeta
>>
>>15609926
What DOES set up CCA then? Is it some sort of manga I'm missing?
>>
>>15611142
0079 and zeta
>>
>>15611173
How does Char take power though? Is it meant to be such s jump that you just have to go along with it? Or is there something that follows his rise and foundation of Neo Zeon?
>>
>>15611178
>How does Char take power though?
Why does it matter. There is a seven year time skip between MGS and Zeta too and many things have happened in between. In both cases everything you need to know is supplied or can be deduced from the story itself.
>>
>>15611483
For me it matters because I'd like to see how it all falls into place. One of my favorite things about Gundam are the scenes where dudes are just sitting in a room and talking. I'd like to see Char sitting down with a bunch of bigwigs and talking politics and watching him get backing from everyone to the point where he can actually launch a war. If anything it's just something I would have like to have seen, rather than it be super crucial.
>>
>>15606615
You're right though in your initial assessment.

When I first finished Zeta, I wasn't sure how much I liked it until after a week of thinking about it and then a rewatch. Now it's easily my favorite, with the 0079 movies coming in at a very close second.
>>
>>15605300
This.
When I first saw Zeta I was kinda confused aboot it, but holy shit the end made me jump out of my seat.
That Waverider Crash is so goddamn op I watch it almost everyday
>>
>>15611512
Char just waltzes in. Most of CCA is the Feddies being complete retards and not thinking Char would waltz in. Then Char waltzed in and they continued being retards so Londo Bell had to go to work.
>>
>>15605300

But fucking newtype invincibility magic. It happens again in ZZ with Ple and Judau. Just breaks my enjoyment more than usual (many characters have plot armour as they often take damage and don't explode, even though mooks with same damage would).

Gundam is a love hate relationship, I enjoy the setting but some of the character events (getting out of cockpits and not shooting, invincibility, lack of security etc) are infuriating.
>>
>>15605386

I hated ZZ at first (15 episodes of 'comedy') but it really fucking got going by 20. It's honestly worth it, you see some things from different perspectives (at last). For some, the comedy section will taint the entire thing, and I'd have to agree.

I like the ideas of what those episodes were doing (severely understaffed just trying to survive, bright doing his thing about taking on kids), just the presentation was too stupid. Push through those episodes the seasons has vital information and world building you should enjoy.
>>
>>15606748

I could handle newtypes having:
>low level telepathy (knowing another newtype is nearby and some empathy like emotional sensing)
>incredible motion prediction/limited precog

It started to loose me when they had full blown conversations, invincible purple glow, retard curse, sensing people on Earth when almost at the moon. The scale got too big. I was fine with the whole 'killing aura and shitting brix' when Judeau and Haman met.

Though I've read that newtypes are meant to be all over the place in terms of powerlevel, how often (the circumstances) they can trigger this shit and variance in skills.
>>
Why don't all battleships have I-fields? That shit was found on mobile armours in 83, so it should have become standard armourment by Z/ZZ and on.
>>
>>15613483

Stardust Memories ignores continuity, probably also interferes with sensors doubling or more the Minosvky particle density.
>>
>>15613483
>>15613488

It was in mobile armors even as far back as the original series. Gundam ship design has always been stupid - like placing the bridge on top of the ship with actual windows, rather than inside it using monitors to see outside.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.