[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would the RX-79's be colored in such a way that they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: MS06 vs RX79.png (617KB, 747x646px) Image search: [Google]
MS06 vs RX79.png
617KB, 747x646px
Why would the RX-79's be colored in such a way that they stand out so vividly in a jungle environment? The MS-06's are all colored in a green or brown color that blends well in the environment. The RX-79 seems to require the pilot to manually target threats and the Federation has much better technology so I would be surprised if Zeon has a better target acquisition system that would make jungle camouflage a moot point and even if they did, they were still capable of being downed by heavy artillery fired by a well aimed shot. Did the Federation just want to get their pilots killed?
Will /m/ actually defend this?
>>
The only real defense is "looks like a Gundam" and "probably more interesting to watch if the pilots didn't appear to use autoaim".
>>
>>15601113
because a ground gundam in green looks like shit
>>
If I recall, it's scare tactics. By this point Amuro's exploits have already become well known and nobody wants to fight the Gundam so they made the colors similar for that reason.
>>
>>15601125
This is the only answer that makes sense to me.
>>
Even in the Ground Gundam, pilots would still have a better survivability rate than Zaku pilots. Also why point out the Zaku when the Dom and Gouf are purple and blue in the same environments?
>>
>>15601113
1: You seem to forget the Zaku was originally used in space. They aren't green for camouflage.

2: The Gundam Ground Type is practically invulnerable, they can paint it however they want.
>>
>>15601129
They can literally be ambushed by guerillas though.
>>
Because I think an 18m tall robot stomping its way through the jungle is going to attract attention no matter what color you paint it.
>>
>>15601113
Because toys
>>
>>15601132
Oh, as opposed to figuratively?
>>
>>15601132
Being solid green is going to somehow make it harder for guerrillas to ambush a Zaku?
>>
>>15601139
>The Federation will defend this.
>>
File: 1440649801007.jpg (141KB, 766x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1440649801007.jpg
141KB, 766x1024px
>>15601123
I humbly disagree.
>>
>>15601132
Only if the pilot is dumb enough to get out
>>
>>15601144
then I disagree with you
>>
>>15601144
That gun has taken so much inspiration from the M16. That gundam makes me firm.
>>
>>15601146
Now I'm lost, chap, are we disagreeing together with each other or of each other?
>>
>>15601152
I disagree with you disagreeing with my disagree
>>
>>15601154
Oh, thanks, now all this disagreement it's more clearer.
>>
>>15601113
The Gundam was a prototype so the paint job wasn't meant for the field.
After it was used to end the one years war the red white and blue became a symbol, it had to stay the white devil.
>>
>>15601138
/thread
>>
Camouflaging a fucking giant robot is pretty pointless.
Also, toys.
>>
>>15601125
That doesn't explain why the Ground GM is also in bright red and tan in the jungle

the real explanation is it's a fucking cartoon, who cares
>>
>>15601113
It's a fucking giant robot, you're not really going to be hiding it too well regardless of color.
>>
>>15601118
Auto aim guarantees a HIT

My aim guarantees a KILL
or multiple kills.

You would not believe how many time I had a group standing next to a fuel depot or under a precarious large bolder and stupid auto aim would not let me take the shot. Had to stop and execute manual override so many times, and half the time they had moved on by then. I eventually got the tech boys to turn that damn thing off, my kill rate nearly tripled next mission.
>>
>>15601353
>RP
>in a out-of-universe discussion thread

what the nigger is wrong with you
>>
>>15601195
Its not even camouflage, there's a reason modern BDUs aren't solid colors. You need stripes of different colors to break up the shape of whatever is being camouflaged, this is true for optical or digital observation.
>>
>>15601113
>The RX-79 seems to require the pilot to manually target threats
>I would be surprised if Zeon has a better target acquisition system
Remember this was the dawn of mobile suit warfare, they were fighting in dense jungle and mountains paired with the fact most MS could disperse M-particles making instruments extremely difficult to use.

Also camouflage doesn't mean dick when you're a giant machine stomping around, that's what hiding behind trees is for.
>>
>>15601113
>MS-06
>it's green because it blends in the environment
They were made for space battles, I don't even think there are jungles in colonies. So colors are moot.
>>
>>15601132
Of course, as if they couldn't see the 20m tall robot from kilometers away just because it's green. It's not like every step it takes doesn't give away its position, amirite?
>>
>>15601195
>Camouflaging a fucking giant robot is pretty pointless.

Dougram says otherwise.
In any case the length Gundam-tards will go to defend the indefensible is astounding.
>>
>>15602008
Are you seriously saying GIANT SNOW BOILER SUITS WITH USELESS CAMOUFLAGE PATTERNS are something feasible? You sound like a loony.
>>
File: ht128-camoflaugesuit.jpg (41KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ht128-camoflaugesuit.jpg
41KB, 400x400px
>>15602018
You're just mad the RX-78 doesn't have a rad boiler suit.
>>
>>15601197
>That doesn't explain why the Ground GM is also in bright red and tan in the jungle
Wasn't the Ground GM mostly used in arid environments anyways? Just in general, UC engagements to my recollection predominantly occurred in arid environments.

>But why not paint jungle camo?
I don't fucking know. Probably for the same reason y'all keep letting yourselves get baited on these troll threads that are posted constantly about this exact same fucking subject.

>>15601386
Yeah, if you were going to paint your giant military death machine any color, it would be gray/black, olive drab, or desert fucking brown.

However, it bears reminding that not all military vehicles are painted solid colors or camouflaged. Sometimes they end up being silver, or have brightly-colored liveries.
>>
You guys have it all wrong. Clearly when it's moving the camouflage is pointless but what about when they're laying low and stationary. Think about how many times this happens in 08th.
>>
>>15601197
Why are Goufs blue when they're dedicated ground use not amphibious? What Earth environment are Doms meant for with their purple and black paint scheme?
>>
>>15602022
In Target in Sight if you paint your MS with a camouflage corresponding a climate you get a bonus.
>>
>>15601113
In universe, they probably all have their region specific camo colours. It is just for merchandising's sake that they picked one default colour.

The Master File Archives gave some region camo colours.
>>
>>15602008
Dougram is retarded and shit, so
>>
>>15601370
He`s actually being fun,unlike you,you fucking anuslicker.
>>
>>15601353
What kind of shitty MS were you issued that it took you this fucking long to turn the auto-aim off? There`s a literal switch on the right control stick,that lets you do that in pretty much every MS I`ve ever piloted.
>>
File: SortieTime.gif (2MB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
SortieTime.gif
2MB, 352x240px
>>15602297
>>15602368
Good points. Technically these camouflage schemes do exist and are used, but just not in the animes. Really points to a disconnect between what we're shown in anime (and potentially manga) and what exists within the lore of the franchise. This is on top of the influence of the aforementioned Gunpla.

Ultimately, the Federation suits don't use camouflage in the anime not because of incompetence, but because they are being observed.
>>
>>15602393
>doesn't know that Zeon didn't figured out standardized cockpit controls until the United Maintenance Plan was put into action

Dumb nigger
>>
File: 5_001.jpg (222KB, 770x782px) Image search: [Google]
5_001.jpg
222KB, 770x782px
Mobile Suits blending into their environments are always rad.
>>
File: Zaku Jacket.png (257KB, 320x411px) Image search: [Google]
Zaku Jacket.png
257KB, 320x411px
>>15602018
>>15602020
Ahem.
>>
>>15601182
This is the closest to the in-universe answer (even though a discussion about 08th means *during* the OYW not after). The "White Devil" paint job has intimidation value because of how badly Amuro raped Zeon.

The IRL answer is that the toy manufacturer balked at the Gundam being totally white and wanted it in parade colors because kids like colorful toys.
>>
>>15602602
Who the fuck told you I piloted for the filthy Zeeks,you scum? I should have knew it! No GM,even the earliest ones lacks an auto-aim switch.
>>
>>15602651

>>15602393
>hurr durr all MS I ever used have a switch to turn off autoaim

>>15602651
>hurr durr I'm not a zeek, also all GMs don't even have autoaim switches
>>
>>15602602
The UMP was really only implemented on MS stationed on the moon.
>>
>>15602699
Nope, that's wrong. Zeon intended the UMP to encompass all of its production machines, especially wherever they had Zaku factory production lines which was at most of their major bases, not just the moon.

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=14309
>M'Quve's reforms were comprehensive. He summoned the heads of each mobile suit development project to his office, and ordered them to implement the plan regardless of their current state of progress.
>The United Maintenance Plan was based on the Zaku mobile suit, whose production lines were the most widely dispersed and easiest to maintain.

Also, you do realize that UMP MS like the Rick Dom II, Gelgoog Jaeger, and Zaku II Kai are deployed at places other than the moon?
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.