[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a single Galaxy Express anime that doesn't contradict

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 9e9770a0aa365b71e4e3dacabf63a941.jpg (298KB, 1000x1548px) Image search: [Google]
9e9770a0aa365b71e4e3dacabf63a941.jpg
298KB, 1000x1548px
Is there a single Galaxy Express anime that doesn't contradict all the others at some point?
>>
I also don't get why the prequels focus so much on Maetel risking her life when they are prequels. They could had made better conflicts without an obvious result.
>>
>>15598947
No.
>>
>>15598947
>Marfan Syndrome

Poor girl
>>
>>15599009
Is Maetel being a pedo the only constant?

Also, why did they connect 999 with Millenium Queen when the later occurs in 1970?
>>
>>15599018
I checked some pics. I'm gonna have nightmares now.
>>
>>15598947
Lazy writing. Just live with it. He doesn't care, why should you?
>>
>>15599456
It's just weird to start each new ova or series and see it start explaining a new origin to la metalle or has characters looking different. Like, space symphony starts with Maetel going back like a good daughter when Legend ended with her barely escaping alive, no comment about what happened.
>>
>>15599058
Because everything happens and then happens again.
It keeps happening because people are people and people don't change- that's the whole thing about Time-Rings.

It's the same story with the same characters. It keeps happening, with few changes.

One needs to read The 4-Dimensional World or, I'm told, Miraizer Ban to understand this(I only read the former)
>>
>>15599483
I'll check them! Thanks!
>>
>>15599495
I don't think either are available in English.
The 4-Dimensional World has been published in Italian, though.
>>
>>15599497
Is it on-line? I can read italian with a bit of effort.
>>
>>15599501
no faintest idea.

Look for "il mondo quadridimensionale"
>>
>>15599483
Is it always the same Meeteru? I think it is because she's still travelling thousands of years into the future with Redrill.
>>
>>15599742
I'm unsure if it's always the same Maetel, though it's suggested she is.
>>
>>15598947
They were made at different times by different people all using different continuities.

The anime is based on the original manga.
The movie is loosely based on the manga but crams everything together.
The sequel movie is all original material

Queen Millennia (movie) is loosely based on the manga with a different ending that contradicts SSM.

The TV series is closer.

SSM is for those who have read the manga

Maetel Legend is like a prototype of SSM.

The 3rd movie is loosely based on the first couple of volumes of the 2nd Galaxy Express manga.

Many of these are NOT sequels to the anime
>>
>>15599166
Can you describe what it is so I don't check it and avoid the nightmares?
>>
>>15600637
Real life noodle people.
>>
>>15598947

It's Leiji. Get used to it, he does that a lot like in Queen Emereldas explaining how she got her scar has a different origin in 999. He just rolls with whatever sounds good at the time.

Some questions.
Did Maetel eventually develop a romantic love with Tetsuro or was it always something akin to a mother-son love?

If 999 was to be rebooted or remade would you like to see Tetsuro's story again but with newer animation or a continuation of where episode 113 left off? I think I'd prefer a sequel honestly, Tetsuro's story is a classic but I'd love to see how Maetel travels with a new purpose in her live post-113.
>>
>>15601191
>where episode 113 left off
That's the metanoids arc

>he does that a lot like in Queen Emereldas
Queen Emeraldas is loosely based on a manga he did. The explanation in the manga is different and there's also another explanation in Arcadia of My Youth. It's easier to understand them if you think of them as different incarnations like American comics and to separate the manga from the anime.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.