[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just look at this scheming bitch! Was she supposed to be a positive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: plant psycho.jpg (509KB, 1344x2264px) Image search: [Google]
plant psycho.jpg
509KB, 1344x2264px
Just look at this scheming bitch! Was she supposed to be a positive character? She's a sociopath, guilt-tripping and manipulating others is her daily bread.
>>
Kira aware he is not a good guy.

Or he will choose Destiny plan since it will end all wars
>>
So I'm kind of surprised there aren't more idols in SEED's universe. Like if people have the ability to make genes, you'd bet everyone would try to make a super pop sensation out of their kid.
>>
>>15596774
There used to be until Lacus fucking killed them all.
>>
>>15596775
Citation needed.
>>
>>15596778
>Super genetic idols are an instant hit
>Yet the only one has no competition
>Said idol has access to a vast spy organization that steals and develops mobile suits, is completely unknown even to world leaders, and instigated conflicts and arms races constantly
Do the math
>>
>>15596784
I'd like to propose an alternate possibility: It's not that Lacus killed them all off, it's that after seeing what sort of monster she became all the other Genetic Idols went into asylum for fear that they would succumb to the same fate. They're protecting the world from themselves.
>>
File: 1374380099619.png (252KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
1374380099619.png
252KB, 550x400px
>>
>>15596725
Everything you said is true, but I'd still hit it.
>>
>>15597465
You mean 'bitchslap Bright style'?
>>
>>15596725
I want a character just like Lacus who is actually called out on her BS.I want the exact same character. Portrayed as super nice, never cackles behind other characters backs, not super smug, has no ulterior motives or anything. Just a manipulative bitch who thinks she is doing the best for everyone and gets called out.
>>
>>15597479
It requires a neutral screenwriter who does not consider Lacus his avatar. Here people often call characters mary sue or self insert, just because they don't like them or without having an idea of what they are saying.

In the case however, we know for sure that Lacus was the avatar of Murosawa. She was not exactly subtile about it.
>>
>>15596725
I would have been fine with Lacus if the script at least acknowledged she was shady as fuck.

Like, if she were some criminal mastermind who was honestly trying to be a force of moral good but can't help herself from pulling some shady ass shit it would actually make her pretty interesting.

But we can't have our protagonists be flawed people, now can we?
>>
>>15598263
its impossible for her to be an avatar, an oldtype like morosawa can't truly understand the genius of coordinators.
>>
>>15598306
>I've finally come to a decision, Lacus. I'm going to fight again.
>Oh. Um.
>Yeah, I know it's going to be pretty tough since I don't have any MS to work with. But maybe I can sneak out of here and steal one of the enemy's- why are you looking away like that?
>Well...
>You secretly built another Gundam again, didn't you.
>Maybe.
>Damn it Lacus, this is the third one! We could be feeding these kids with that money!
>I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself! It was right there, ready to be hidden for use underneath this neutral orphanage!
>We are going to sit down and have a talk about this later.
>>
File: Carozzo_Ronah.png (596KB, 1280x691px) Image search: [Google]
Carozzo_Ronah.png
596KB, 1280x691px
>>15598306
Maybe she could wear a mask?
>>
File: 4853954-big98.jpg (17KB, 195x195px)
4853954-big98.jpg
17KB, 195x195px
>>15596725
Finally, someone gets it.
>>
>>15598308
I know you're trolling, but Jokes on you.

>Q: About Lacus?
>A: People say they don't really understand Lacus and even the staff don't. Only I and Morozawa know her. Her personality never changed from the start.

From Fukuda interview. In short, we are the stupids ones that can't understand Lacus mind.
>>
>>15598389
thinking they can doesn't mean they can

lacus from an alternate universe has gained such a great power that she can control morosawa and fukuda and tell them what to say.
>>
>>15596725
still a better character than the entire cast of felcher gundam
>>
Lacus is my waifu.
>>
>>15599094
But why?
>>
>>15599874
Because she's the best.
>>
>>15596725
It's that blind priest bastard who usually beside her. Dude looks shady as fuck.
>>
>>15598306
>some criminal mastermind who was honestly trying to be a force of moral good but can't help herself from pulling some shady ass shit
Oddly enough this was more the impression I was getting from Durandal for much of the series.
>>
>>15601617
That WAS Durandal's characterization for the first half of the series. Then he suddenly goes full evil retard and announces the Destiny Plan, despite Orb still being a threat, and Kira and Lacus still clearly being alive.
>>
>>15602652

He didn't have much of a choice. He was out of justified reasons to attack them at that point.

At least if they came at him against the Destiny Plan he'd have an excuse to fire Requiem at Orb.
>>
File: 1367598029143.jpg (57KB, 640x480px)
1367598029143.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
Her true face.
>>
>>15602746
>He didn't have much of a choice. He was out of justified reasons to attack them at that point.
He could have had them answer to those PLANTS that got ripped apart because of Orb's defense of Djibirl.

I'm honestly surprised at the writers forgot to write in a scene where it's more of an obvious pretense to occupy Orb and smash shit rather than leave it where it was.
>>
>>15608813
She's portrayed as benevolent. While on the other end of the spectrum, Flay gets shamed for essentially the same thing.

Both of them were spurred on by their fathers' deaths to do something, but Flay is played as someone who's evil, Lacus is played as benevolent.
>>
>>15608833
Flay and Lacus are essentially the same character. Their primary job is to steer Kira into whatever they want.
>>
>>15608813
/pol/ stay away from this blue and pure board
>>
So I've only just gotten to the infamous sex scene in SEED. Is Flay actually some genius tactician? Or would Kira have just gone and done the same thing without her? She feels like drama for the sake of drama rather than enhancing the story.
>>
File: NotKira.jpg (28KB, 349x400px)
NotKira.jpg
28KB, 349x400px
Also while I'm at it, why doesn't this brown haired little shit ever get hit? He's constantly beating up on women and old men and his peers, but he's 'too cool' to at least get slapped by some authority figure when he needs it.
>>
>>15610546
in terms of drama they only reached the tipping point though, they could of gone much further than that. like having her die with kira's kid inside her.

but no, she doesnt die pregnant.
>>
Lacus is the heroine who fights for peace. However, the actions she has taken in order to do so have left many viewers questioning her motives while her champion can be rather hypocritical and self-righteous. Supplimentary materials make her appear shadier.

Cagalli is the heroine who fights for her beliefs. However, she is a young girl that doesn't really understand what she truly believes in and as a result she begins spouting other people's beliefs. She also lacks some emotional maturity when dealing with criticism and her champion is unreliable, constantly switching sides in order to fight for what he believes is right.

Flay is the heroine who fights for revenge, but this ends up pushing Kira away from her. Throughout the series, she begins to see Coordinators as people like herself and is shown to be sickened after her actions lead to them being nuked. She evolves into the character who can bridge the gap between the two peoples though her feelings for Kira...

Only to be killed off, followed by the dissolution of mixed couples.
>>
>>15608820

Yeah but that would just come across like vengeful spite.

There would be no justification beyond pure payback, and Durandal is marketing himself as someone who's above that.
>>
>>15610640
We never know. It's just never said.
>>
>>15598344
You're the last person in SEED to accuse anyone else of scheming, guilt-tripping and manipulation.
>>
>>15611008
Yes, it's a bit 'pot calling kettle black' but that's the point. Nobody seems to consider little miss perfect doing the same things.
>>
>>15611118
She never had to whore herself out to convince anyone to do anything, at least.
>>
>>15611156
Lacus' manipulation is the type that makes people into sheep. Flay, once she realized that Coordinators are still human beings, honestly stopped being what she was in SEED's second half.
>>
>>15610695
>Flay is the heroine who fights for revenge, but this ends up pushing Kira away from her. Throughout the series, she begins to see Coordinators as people like herself and is shown to be sickened after her actions lead to them being nuked. She evolves into the character who can bridge the gap between the two peoples though her feelings for Kira...

Which makes Flay the character that had the most potential, but Morosawa let her self-insert take that crucial role.
>>
>>15608901
cough/r9k/cough
>>
>>15611176
Maybe. I'm not convinced she'd really changed that much, so much as she spent her whole time with ZAFT in a near-constant state of terror. Sure, she wasn't comfortable with being pressed into the Dominion's crew, but that's because Flay was always a useless shit. She was the only one of the Archangel kids who never did anything to help out on the ship.

It's possible she changed, but it was never put to the test, and I'm not inclined to be all that charitable towards her.

As for Lacus: yeah, she's guilt-tripping the hell out of Athrun in this scene, but it only works because Athrun's already been beating himself up over trying to kill Kira. Athrun isn't tricked into defecting any more than you're tricked into getting pizza instead of burgers for dinner when you talk it over with your roommate. By that point in the show, Athrun clearly isn't comfortable continuing to work for ZAFT before he meets with Lacus, but sticks around because of familial piety even though he can see his dad is getting crazier with each passing day. Even after the battle at Orb, he doesn't decide he actually wants to break from ZAFT until after he goes back and sees that his dad has gone completely off the deep end.

Lacus can only manipulate Athrun into leaving ZAFT because Athrun already wants to do it. Hell, Cagalli did just as much if not more to guilt-trip him into it by hammering him on it while the wound was fresh.
>>
>>15598542
Is this the part where one of /m/ gets isekai'd?
>>
>>15611248
>Lacus can only manipulate Athrun into leaving ZAFT because Athrun already wants to do it.

This. I don't know why exactly Athrun can only be honest with himself when Lacus says it but yeah, Athrun always wanted to do that. Lacus just makes him feel ok enough to do so.

Same in Destiny. If it wasn't obvious by his moping on Minerva and growing increasingly uncomfortable with Durandal and upset that the Orb/Terminal faction are insisting on being Zaft's enemies, he really wanted to rejoin them all along, but kept trying to be Zaft because he also felt important there.
>>
File: explain, please.png (2MB, 1153x1040px)
explain, please.png
2MB, 1153x1040px
>>15610639
>he's 'too cool' to at least get slapped by some authority figure when he needs it.
>He's constantly beating up on women and old men and his peers
>beating up
>old men and his peers
Who's left to discipline him if he's beating up all the "authority figure" dudes? Haman tried to bully his dick into submission, but he wasn't havin' it. If she couldn't do it, who could?
>>
>>15611248
>She was the only one of the Archangel kids who never did anything to help out on the ship.

She fucked Kira which motivated him after that little girl died. She rejuvenated his spirit and gave him a reason to continue fighting. She did more than every other one of Kira's friends.
>>
>>15611727
She gave him a reason to continue fighting, but it was a self-destructive reason. She was actively pushing him to become more isolated and self-loathing so that he would eventually exhaust himself and die in battle. Flay fucking Kira was very much a bad thing for him.
>>
>>15611744
It doesn't matter if it was self destructive. It still got him back on the battlefield to defend the ship. In fact, he didn't even have any self destructive tendencies in battle. It was just presented that way outside of battle with him snapping at Sigh. He was still Kira when he went with Cagalli and met Andy. He was still Kira in battle. He only yelled at Murrue to hurry up and let him launch. By the time they left the desert he was relaxing with Cagalli and Flay was jealous.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.