[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /m/, Trying to get into watching Gundam, I started with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: custom gouf.jpg (107KB, 667x605px) Image search: [Google]
custom gouf.jpg
107KB, 667x605px
Hey /m/,

Trying to get into watching Gundam, I started with Mobile Suit Gundam, but it never really caught on for me so I stopped after around ten episodes.

I then was recommended by you guys to try 08th MS Team and it was much better. Norris is a pretty cool guy and Custom Gouf is best.

What series should I be trying next? Or should I really be watching MGS again if I want to understand anything?

I just want to watch Zakus and Goufs running around doing funny things.

Thanks anons.
>>
>>15590556
The original MGS is an old series, and definitely has a lot of QUALITY animation and silly situations, but I still think it's something worth watching. You don't necessarily have to marathon it; just watch a few episodes here and there.

G Gundam is a straight-up super robot tournament show, so if you're after something different, give it a shot. It's nothing like the other Gundam series.

0080: War in the Pocket is short, but quite good. I'd recommend watching it. It also takes place around the same timeframe as 08th MS Team, as I recall.
>>
>>15590556
You could try the MSG movies. I started with the series as well and also lost interest around the same time, but the movies grabbed me. If you do that, do go back to the series at some later point, as it does some character stuff better and a lot of stuff got changed around or cut from the movies.
>>
File: gouf it up.png (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gouf it up.png
1MB, 1440x1080px
>>15590573
>>15590579

Thanks dudes, I'll give em a shot.
>>
>>15590556
Just watch the movies, the animation quality is touched up and a bit better, plus it skips a bunch of filler that 50 episodes tends to generate.
>>
>>15590875
Are the movies worth watching if I've already seen the 0079 TV series?
>>
>>15590890
They're useful for a quick refresher if you don't want to rewatch 40 episodes, movie 3 has those new scenes and the ending themes are the best things around.
>>
>>15590890
Yes, they modify some things, streamline others, cut yet others, and have a substantial amount of new animation and scenes, increasing proportionally as the movies go on. I think movie III's something like half all new stuff.
>>
>>15590899
>>15590900
Neat. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.
>>
Not the OP.
But with nyaa down where you guys find Gundam stuff?
>>
>>15590957
>nyaa.pantsu.cat
>Anidex
The first one is actually being run by some guys on /g/.
>>
>>15590969
Thanks anon
>>
>>15590556
>and it was much better
No it wasn't.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.