[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Akira Kitamura's person blog has been found. Considerin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Rq_vSDPn[1].jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Rq_vSDPn[1].jpg
55KB, 512x512px
Akira Kitamura's person blog has been found. Considering the guy is very mysterious, it's an interesting discovery.

http://aknote.hatenablog.com/entry/gameplanning.002
>>
That's fucking awesome
>>
I wonder how much of a role he played in MM2. I didn't especially care for the first game, but MM2 kicked ass.
>>
>>15588421
2 is shit
>>
>>15588450
I will end you
>>
>>15588998
Not if I end you first
>>
>>15588421
>I wonder how much of a role he played in MM2.

The neat thing is that he explains this himself. This is what Google Translate spits out:

>Former Game Planner / Director

>Game machines involved

>·NES
>· Super Nintendo Entertainment System
>· Game Boy
>· Play Station
>· Arcade board
>Other

>Proposal, planning, direction, setting, scenario, product responsible for character design

>·Rockman
>· Rockman 2 Dr. Mystery of Wiley
>· Cocoron
>· Together with non-tongue pants
>In charge of planning etc. with other products

>The staff credits at the game maker I belonged to were "A. K", but on this blog I wrote as "Kurobe". On the net, the real name is not announced, notation is not done. Thank you.

>Handle name: Aki Kurobe (Akihiro Kurobe)
>>
>>15588998
Not him but MM2 is very middle of the road among the NES bunch. Toss in 7-10 and the Gameboy games, and it becomes super low on the ranking list.
>>
>>15589607
B-But muh Metal Blade and Wily Castle 2 theme!!

I've always thought 3 was better then 2
>>
File: 20243_front.jpg (93KB, 640x426px)
20243_front.jpg
93KB, 640x426px
My favourite Famicom games were always those that were based on manga like Captain Tsubasa and Dragon Ball. I never cared for Zelda or Megaman.

Music was pretty good too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wORTwHqcP3U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56oR2ANf5v0

Turns out I was a weeb since birth.
>>
>>15589623
As much as I love Metal Blade, wouldn't that be more of a point against 2 than for it?
>>
>>15589607
>Toss in 7-10 and the Gameboy games, and it becomes super low on the ranking list.

Eh, I didn't like 7, 8, or the GB MM games. To be fair, I never played 9 or 10. My favorites out of the classic series were 2, 3, and 6.
>>
>>15590518
>6
Interesting choice, considering how many people dislike that game. I do like it, though that's mainly because of the adapters.
>>
>>15590547
I guess I'm kind of biased in that regard, because I actually played 6 LONG before 4 and 5. I actually didn't get to play those, 7, or 8 until the Anniversary Collection came out on the PS2.
>>
>>15590518
GB 4 & 5 are the top tier classic MM games and what all others should have aspired to be. MM7 was made by the same company as the GB ones and is an extension of them gameplay and presentation-wise, so I guess I can see why you wouldn't like it either. MM8 is amazing in its own ways and will hear no dislike against it.
>>
>>15590951
GB 5 was great.
>>
>>15589607
>super low
No
I'm too wishy-washy to make a proper ranking, so here's a tier list.

>GOD TIER
Mega Man 4, Mega Man 6, Mega Man 8, Mega Man 9, Mega Man V, Mega Man Powered Up

>GOOD TIER
Mega Man 2, Mega Man 10, Mega Man & Bass, Mega Man III, Mega Man IV, Mega Man The Wily Wars

>OKAY TIER
Mega Man, Mega Man 3, Mega Man 7, Mega Man Dr. Wily's Revenge

>BAD TIER
Mega Man II, Rockman & Forte Mirai kara no Chousensha, Mega Man (Game Gear)

>SHIT TIER
Mega Man 5, Mega Man DOS

>SHIT AMONG SHIT TIER
>Mega Man DOS 3
>>
>>15591234
Would you mind expounding on why you have these ranked the way you do?
>>
>>15591234
>>GOOD TIER
>Mega Man The Wily Wars
No freaking way. That game is basically unplayable with how freaking slow it is. Don't know who ok'd releasing it in that state, but they fucked up.
>>
>>15591245
God Tier = Love 'em, I'll replay them again and again with no hesitation. Few major flaws. Consider this like Metal Blade.

Good Tier = Still great games, but with some major design flaws. Consider this like Flame Sword.

Okay Tier = Not bad games, but not good. Somewhat sloppily made in general. Consider this like Hard Knuckle.

Bad Tier = Bad games. Shat out by companies with no idea what they were doing. Still some enjoyment to be found. Consider this like 'Thunder Wool'.

Shit Tier = There is no more enjoyment at this level. Consider this like Oil Stream.

Shit Among Shit Tier = Shit Tier, but worse. The Spark Shock of tiers.

>>15591260
Wily Tower was fun though.
>>
>>15591234
That is shit fucking bullshit.
>>
>>15591289
You aren't allowed to disagree with me unless you have all of the trophies in MM8BDM.
>>
>>15591309
>MM8BDM
How bout I call you a faggot instead, Faggot.
>>
>>15588421
Mega Man 2 was his baby. He left the company at the start of 3 after telling them all he wanted added was a robot dog like Caashern.

There's a pretty good translated Interview with him talking with Ariga, the guy who did the manga.

http://shmuplations.com/megaman/
>>
>>15591316
Coward.
>>
>>15591322
Faggot.
>>
>>15591234
For me I'd switch 2 and 4, knock 8 to GOOD, and knock Wily Wars and MM&B to OKAY.

I might even move IV to GOD TIER, I think it's just as good as V mechanically and maybe even better in terms of stage design.
>>
He's writing some novel about robots or something.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.