[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

White Devil>GMs Zeta>ReZels Victory>Gun EZs Can we talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1493041470331.jpg (957KB, 3924x5704px) Image search: [Google]
1493041470331.jpg
957KB, 3924x5704px
White Devil>GMs
Zeta>ReZels
Victory>Gun EZs
Can we talk about shit mass produced Gundams were until the Gun EZs? Even if you like the GMs they were pretty shit soon after they rolled out, their descendants were pretty good though. The ReZels were okay too but they didn't come out until a while later after the Zeta. And the Gun EZs, while being assigned to some pretty shit pilots they both, looked good and were pretty good, plus they looked more similar to the Gundam they were mass produced from than the other two. Hell, why did it took so long for the Earth sphere to get it right?
On a side note, why were the Zaku "descedants" so good? Gouf was great, Doms were okay, and the Gelgoog was amazing.
And I didn't include the mass produced Nu's because they aren't in any animated material.
>>
>>15585522
Because MP units were cheaper and faster to produce. The reason that Zeon's MP machines were better than the EF's units is simple, they
were the first to produce the first Mobile Suits giving them a huge advantage. Since the Zakus were efficient, it was easy for Zeon engineers to produce better machines.
>>
>>15585522
>Can we talk about shit mass produced Gundams were until the Gun EZs? ...Hell, why did it took so long for the Earth sphere to get it right?
The majority of the time, the intended customer of the mass produced Gundams would have been the Federation. To meet the Federation's requirements of cost and ease of production, they are typically required to make sacrifices on performance.

>Even if you like the GMs they were pretty shit soon after they rolled out
Their pilots were shit. The vanilla GM has some specs on par with the Gundam barring armor and certain weapons. However, few pilots were able to make that work out due to the fact that mobile suits were new to the Federation and that Amuro is a rather high standard to hold grunt pilots to, so few Feddy pilots would ever be able to achieve results close to Amuro even if they were given identical RX-78-2 units.

>The ReZels were okay too but they didn't come out until a while later after the Zeta.
The ReZEL has nothing to do with the Zeta other than the general concept and maybe the weapons design. The ReZEL is based off the Methuss and Z II which are of a different frame design than the Zeta.

>On a side note, why were the Zaku "descedants" so good? Gouf was great, Doms were okay, and the Gelgoog was amazing.
I don't know why you think the Gouf is that great. It was a slightly retooled design that was shelved after a short production run. The GM is a better close combat machine solely because it has a beam sabre and is more agile. The Dom was fine, but it was a independently designed suit that wasn't derived from the Zaku, other than the Zaku being used to test some Dom equipment and design. The Gelgoog was as good as it was because Zeon decided that they would focus on higher performance since they could never match the Federation's industrial capacity.
>>
>>15585538
And the Methuss was the prototype for the whole transforming gimmick, which the Zeta got right without breaking apart, you get the gist of it, is the Z ll even "canon" if we're going by the "Animated=Canon" logic? And I wrote "descendants" that way because I know that apart from the normal Zeon design they aren't descendants, I even thought of including the Kämpfer but that would had been too far, speaking about it, we only get to see one animated on War in the Pocket, correct?
>>
>>15585538 continued

>And I didn't include the mass produced Nu's because they aren't in any animated material.
And I guess you're not going to count the Zeta Plus line which barring the biosensor were able to match or exceed the Zeta Gundam's performance in certain aspects yet maintain decent cost and efficiency. For example, the Zeta Plus A1 had improved atmospheric flight and dogfighting capability over the original Zeta Gundam, yet cost less.

And there's the mass production F91 Gundams from the Crossbone Skull Heart manga, which are identical to the original except for the lack of the experimental bio-computer system.

Anyway, if you're only going to count animation, then it goes without saying that the obvious reason is that the MC's Gundam cannot be upstaged by mass production models.

>>15585540
>And the Methuss was the prototype for the whole transforming gimmick, which the Zeta got right without breaking apart
Methuss doesn't have a faulty transforming frame. You're thinking of the Gaza C.

>is the Z ll even "canon" if we're going by the "Animated=Canon" logic?
Of course not, but I'm not using that logic.

>And I wrote "descendants" that way because I know that apart from the normal Zeon design they aren't descendants, I even thought of including the Kämpfer but that would had been too far, speaking about it, we only get to see one animated on War in the Pocket, correct?
Yes, just the one. It was given a mass production model number, but few units are ever seen. One in 0080, and a few others in various manga.
>>
>>15585543
>And there's the mass production F91 Gundams from the Crossbone Skull Heart manga
I can think of Flints (?) but aside from Harrison and like 2 or 3 more F91s I don't think they were mads produced, they're more like the HEXAs.
>>
File: page127.jpg (451KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
page127.jpg
451KB, 800x1200px
>>15585547
My bad, it was from volume 4 of the original Crossbone Gundam manga, not the Skull Heart sequel. It's implied that there's at least 15 units attached to the Feddy fleet that captures the Mother Vanguard. There's Harrison Martin's dark coloured personal unit, and as the battle continues we see F91 Gundams with shoulder markings 103 and 115. There's more than a few pages where we see at least 3 separate white F91 Gundams in the same panel, even after some have already been knocked out of the fight by Kincade slicing off their limbs and weapons.
>>
That's spacenois technology. Earth are a bunch of dumb monkeys who make poor imitations of zakus
>>
>>15585522
The Zaku's descendants were originally the Dom, the Gyan, the Gelgoog, the various aquatics, and the Zeong. The Zeon pilots performed better usually because they were better or just newtypes. Their MS were generally inferior by comparison, which you can look at as a compensation for the generally inferior pilots of the EFSF.
>>
>>15585562
savage
>>
File: GM Earth.jpg (514KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
GM Earth.jpg
514KB, 1024x768px
>OYW GMs
>Worse performance than OYW Zeon MS

When will this meme end?
>>
>>15585522
>gun ez
>not shit
>>
>>15588142
>gun ez
>shit
u wot m8?
>>
>>15588194
Zanscare suits were consistently better equipped and had superior specs. The Gun-EZ is as basic as it gets. The difference is that the Gun-EZ and Gunblastors were piloted by some of the LM and Federation's best, whereas Zanscare's quality of pilots usually got shittier as the show went on.
>>
>>15587286
For some reason a bunch of people think that the Zaku II wasn't inferior to the GM in pretty much every respect.
>>
>>15587286
You're the one perpetuating a meme fucktard. Neck yourself and fall into a fire.

>>15588368
Is that why the Titans fielded nothing but GM Quels in the Gryps War-OH WAIT!
>>
>>15588439
But he's right.

Also
>prequel not fitting into sequel (plus in-universe time gaps and already retarded fast tech progression)
>new high-end group gets fancy gubbin
>normal army peeps get old, if reliable machines
>surprising
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.