[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was the RMS - 179 GM II and it's scrapyard counter part

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: Rms-179.jpg (152KB, 342x650px) Image search: [Google]
Rms-179.jpg
152KB, 342x650px
Why was the RMS - 179 GM II and it's scrapyard counter part the 79 GM II still in service as of zeta gundam?

It's a POS that I'm pretty sure get's out performed by a zaku II.
>>
>>15582259
It's a renovated GM 1. Minor performance improvements and a panoramic cockpit.

It's outdated, but it's cheap and allowed you to make use of all of those GM 1s you had lying around. Which is fine in peacetime, so when the war revved up only the suckers were left piloting them.
>>
>>15582266
I hear you, but they already proved at the end of the OYW that is was more effective to literally strip there armor because they were that garbage.
>>
File: Jim Jimm n Jimmy.jpg (68KB, 600x417px) Image search: [Google]
Jim Jimm n Jimmy.jpg
68KB, 600x417px
>>15582259
Cuz it's cheap and easy to repair and use
Its pretty much the legacy of the GMs
>>
File: 52842046_p1_master1200.jpg (420KB, 953x1200px) Image search: [Google]
52842046_p1_master1200.jpg
420KB, 953x1200px
>>15582269
The GM 1 is stronger than every Zeon suit besides the Gelgoog.
>>
>>15582259
What? Zaku II was inferior to even the gm I.

>>15582269
>Strip their armor

I have no idea where you are getting this from.

And the gmII was still in service by zeta because the titans were taking all the good stuff and the regular eff were left with mildly upgraded GM Is. When the titans fall apart the gm II got upgraded into the III almost immediately and got better weapons and thrusters along with a major boost to performance.
>>
File: Jim versus the world.jpg (309KB, 882x655px) Image search: [Google]
Jim versus the world.jpg
309KB, 882x655px
>>15582269
I have to echo the other anons here; where are you getting such backwards notions?
>>
>>15582287
In video games that are semi symmetrical, they have the GM and Zaku being equal in stats as both are starting units, but in some games where the GM is introduced mid game, they are stronger than Zakus and equal to the Gouf.
>>
File: the ball.jpg (246KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
the ball.jpg
246KB, 480x640px
>>15582300
Ehh, I wouldn't take games as any measure of canon or indication of actual performance.
>>
File: RGM-79(GM_LIGHT_ARMOR).jpg (155KB, 1000x1614px) Image search: [Google]
RGM-79(GM_LIGHT_ARMOR).jpg
155KB, 1000x1614px
>>15582287
>>15582298
Mobile Suit Variations

The GM's only out performed zakus in terms of fire power, the zaku II was faster and easier to handle, a shittier pilot could get a lot more out of Zaku II than a GM I.

The Light armor variant was designed specifically to address these concerns in a cost effective way,
>>
>>15582336
A cursory look at Gundam Wiki data says this is not so- the GM still outsrips base Zaku IIs in almost every way and speed is unquestionably one of them- it literally moves twice as fast, is better armored despite this, etc. From where do you get the assertion that Zakus are easier to pilot?

The GM Light Armor was made to fight against Doms with their superior land speed; in space the suits were on par with each other or again outstripped by GMs, with the Gelgoog again sticking out.
>>
>>15582276

>besides the Gelgoog.

And the Kampfer, Galbaldy a, Galbaldy B, Act Zaku, Gyan, and Rick Dom.
>>
>>15582346
Should have said OYW zeon suit
>>
>>15582349

Those are all OYW, though not all of them were deployed in any number.
>>
>>15582346
I dunno anon, most of those are either "did nothing" tier or in the case of the vanilla Rick Dom still outdone by the vanilla GM. The Rick Dom II steps forward a bit, but is still seemingly outdone, this time by the GM Command.
>>
>>15582345
Well the Zaku II is explicitly easier to pilot than the Gelgoog, and the GM is based off the gundam which is supposed to be harder in cannon to pilot than the guncannon or guntank,

But yea, I kind of just assumed that meant they were easier to pilot than the GM I
>>
You do know they use the same old weapons in the military so long as it works too right? There's plenty of decades old guns and hardware still being used.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.