[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you guys think about Gundam Iron Blood Orphans? I like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: censored.jpg (1MB, 2123x3000px) Image search: [Google]
censored.jpg
1MB, 2123x3000px
What did you guys think about Gundam Iron Blood Orphans?

I like that the show dealt with some pretty adult themes though a lot of it was dealt with in a very juvenile way I suppose because its mecha and you need a dumb robot fight every ep to show off the toys,I also felt the show poorly paced with many basically pointless/boring episodes, thought I liked how we got to see a story from the villains point of view and how we were made to feel extremely sympathetic towards them.

Did you like it?
Did you dislike it?
Why?
>>
>dumb robot fight
Let's be honest here without the dumb toy commercial part and the Gundam title almost everyone would have just dropped it 10 episodes in and agree on it's a forgettable shitshow.
>>
>>15580791
I didn't like it as much as i wanted to like it.
It had its moments but just spun its wheels so much eating up screen time.

I loved the suits and didn't even hate the characters as most I just seemed like such a waste of potential. I love the universe that it's set in and hope they expand on it but with different writers and developers.
>>
>>15580791
Kudelia was such a wasted design.
>>
File: 1495413788263.jpg (20KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1495413788263.jpg
20KB, 184x184px
>>15580791
>I suppose because its mecha and you need a dumb robot fight every ep to show
But it wasn't every ep. That's why the already bad show was irredeemable.
>>
Its alright, one viewing was enough for me.
>>
File: IBO was a mistake..jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IBO was a mistake..jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>>15580791
The animation was shit. Worst Gundam show so far.
>>
>>15580791
>dumb robot fight
Get out.
>>
>>15580791
It was the second worst Gundam show I've seen, and I've seen all of them.
>>
>>15580791
The bad production values along with the liberal political nonsense really turned me off from this show. Everything that doesn't look mostly the same to them is wrong. It's like dealing with actual nazis.
>>
>>15580837
True they could have whored he out like Bandai whores out Fumina.
>>
>>15580879
>Still frames
>The animation was shit
What did the incredibly persistent and concerningly unintelligent shitposter mean by this?
>>
>>15581014
That isn't a still. That's part of an animated illustration. IBO's stills actually look acceptable, but when things start moving the quality can plummet very low like in that shot. I know criticism of your favorite series can cause you much cognitive dissonance, but bear with it.
>>
File: Landman_rodi_gyoubu.jpg (118KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
Landman_rodi_gyoubu.jpg
118KB, 600x849px
I disliked the first season plenty. The pacing and animation were all over the place during the first half of the show.

Felt the second season was a step up in quality but could clearly tell for the brave direction it went down in the end, it was very much gimped and altered to befit the fan mentality due to the big pressure on the series to actually be fulfilling rather than be immoral and cruel.
>>
File: 62435086_p0.png (842KB, 816x1039px) Image search: [Google]
62435086_p0.png
842KB, 816x1039px
>>
>>15581013
Kudelia bust never
>>
>>15580791
>you need a dumb robot fight every ep
If only...
>>
>>15580891
> liberal

You obviously didn't watch the show because there is literally no one advocating for any cause through peace. Everything is achieved through force and corruption.
>>
>>15580791
op salsa?
>>
While the first season of this was airing I was watching Gasaraki alongside it. I couldn't help but marvel at how Gasaraki made a plot with a lot of politics driven by people just talking to one another really interested and how IBO did the same thing but managed to make it a boring and incomprehensible shitshow.

I thought the plotline overall was dull, repetitive and after a while, utterly predictable, even though certain aspects of the setting were left really unclear for a long time. The characters suck, as do their designs. Mika the Hedgeheg is probably the least likeable protagonist in a Gundam series to date. They try to make it look like he's some kind of awesome badass but he just comes off as some edgy teen's original character. Meanwhile they try to pass off Orga, the co-protag, as some sort of leader figure but about three-quarters of the time he just comes off as an idiot. Some of the supporting characters in Tekkadan were alright but that's marred because what the creators are trying to say about Tekkadan itself is so muddled. Am I meant to think that Tekkadan is cool or something, despite the fact that they're child soldiers, which is one of the most abhorrent things that happens in the real world? Yet at the end of the series they're trying to pass them off as bad guys, but not really because they're still the underdog and it seems like they try to give them the most pathos out of everyone, but then at the end when the guy against them wins they write it as a happy ending. The message is so confused, if there was meant to be one. Maybe it's some sort of 2deep4u message about how things aren't clear-cut in real life which falls flat because the show feels nothing like real life. The mechanical designs and fights were the only redeeming factor for this show and they get far too little screentime to even come close to redeeming this show. Every time it showed a bit of promise it'd all come crashing down in disappointment one or two episodes later.
>>
>>15581180
I pin it on IBO having to have the subtlety of a brick due to its target audience being primarily kids.

Unless it turns out Gasaraki was a kid's show after all in which case I have to ask who the fuck would expect a kid to make sense out of the Gulf War and the issue of putting feet on the ground when you've renounced war as a means of settling dispute. And that's just covering the first half of that show.
>>
>>15580791
>I liked how we got to see a story from the villains point of view and how we were made to feel extremely sympathetic towards them.
You claim to like IBO for its "adult themes" but obviously you don't even understand such a base show.
>>
I only saw the first season and I disliked it. I felt like it had the delta problem but 100x worse.
Characters didn't exist until the director realised they needed to kill someone next episode and they couldn't kill nameless mooks, nothing fucking happened, the two fucking long lost brothers that both died an episode later, and it was generally really boring. Also the end was shit, no one died in the final conflict despite ein penetrating cockpits, and the one thing I thought the show did well (spaceship fights) only happened twice.
>>
>>15580791
Good concept, terrible execution.
>>
File: Atras revenge.jpg (176KB, 1225x719px) Image search: [Google]
Atras revenge.jpg
176KB, 1225x719px
>>15580791
CATALONIA WILL NEVER BE FREE! FOREVER WILL YOU SUBHUMAN PEASANTS BE UNDER OUR SPANISH YOKE
>>
It was pretty terrible. It did give us Grazes though, so that's something I suppose.
>>
Here's my opinion on IBO
>childish view on lots of themes - politics, economics, society
Is there any show that can match LoGH and Dougram in their attention to political and social questions?
>lots of boring episodes (and by boring I mean both fights and talking)
Dougram had lots of talking, but it was pretty interesting to listen. IBO dialogues makes me suffer.
>lack of character development
Fumitan, for example. She needed some backstory and motivation to spy on Kudelia, but in the show all we had is a half-assed story "I was a spy but then -boom- I want to save her!"
>bad visuals
Come on, it's not 80s or early 2000s anymore, you can't make hackwork and pretend that it's alright. You have a greater budget than in 1979 and you have lots of vietnamese subcontractors to draw stuff for you.
>awful music
Only good memorable track is Orphans no Namida. Raise Your Flag was fine, but not as good.
>>
>>15580791
My opinion of IBO is the same as my opinion of Gundam SEED/SEED Destiny: awful shows but I want to stick my dick in the grills. In this case, Kudelia, Atra, Lafter, Carta, and Gaelio
>>
>>15581561
Anyone that picture of Atra holding a basket full of grazes? "How can I hold so many grazes" or something like that.
>>
>>15581660
>not Amida or Fumitan
Shit taste
>>
>>15581041
This pretty much. IBO is something that would have really benefitted from being less positive.

Also, from better pacing. Seriously.
>>
>>15581639
The music isn't bad at all. The problem (that a lot of modern anime share) is the poor audio direction. Often times the music is barely audible, especially over sound effects or talking, it's poorly used and scenes usually aren't built with the music as a build up to an important event. Additionally there's a lack of repetition, something that's actually very important to help associate different themes with characters, places, or events.
>>
File: 1494696775556.png (2MB, 959x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1494696775556.png
2MB, 959x1500px
>>15580791
>enjoying felcher
>>
The problems with IBO are primarily that of pacing and characters.

Most Gundam shows have a central cast that it revolves around, usually a few important characters, and a fair amount of less important characters the drama will only rarely focus on. IBO instead often focuses in on side characters, but they often lack anything but a single character attribute. This is doubly ineffective, as it both doesn't make us care about the secondary cast, and diverts time away that could have been focused on the primary cast.

It's not like the primary cast lacks depth or strong motivations, they just rarely seem to change, or change dramatically overnight leaving them static the rest of the way through.

A good example of this is Orga. Season 2 is all about him realizing protecting family is more important than trying to achieve everything for them. Yet we don't see him struggle over that conflict that much, or see the conflict grow in him. The story, up until the last few episodes, does not push him towards this conclusion. He just kind of worries every episode, finds his resolve, and repeats the cycle every episode he's in.

Kudelia in S2 is left to do nothing but languish, kind of wishing she could get closer to Tekkadan, but doing very little about it the whole show.

Mika in both seasons is slavishly loyal to Orga. His reasons for this aren't explored very deeply, and he never changes. Thus, he is uninteresting the whole way through, having literally zero internal conflict.

And then there's all the wasted time in the plot. I can't speak for S1 because I can't remember it too well, but in S2, every episode up until McGillis started his rebellion was superfluous. All the episodes served as was motivation to get McGillis started, which could have easily been provided by something much simpler that took up at most, an episode. Even incredibly cool stuff like the Mobile Armor are defeated rather simply and are never brought up again.
>>
>>15581773
That's not to say there's nothing good about IBO. There's strong ideas throughout, mainly about the the dangers of revolutions and the benefits of moderation. Animation is pretty solid, even if a few characters far in the background look sketchy. The basic premises of the story and all its subplots are incredibly compelling. But it's all told so slowly and so undramatic ally that it quickly loses interest. It's a perfect example that making a good show requires a lot more then a good plot and good production values.
>>
>>15580791
Good show, bad ending.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.