[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

30 eps in Is that enough episodes to finally make the judgement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: App Universe.jpg (184KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
App Universe.jpg
184KB, 600x600px
30 eps in

Is that enough episodes to finally make the judgement that this is the worst digimon series yet?
>lazy awful digimon designs. Only cool one is gatchmon and his evolutions
>two of the main cast are walking catchephrases which is pretty bad considering it was a trio the majority of the anime aired so far. Hell I wouldn't even consider them characters.
>Haru is just bland. He fades in the background while everyone else gets the spotlight. His whole motivation being the main character ironically
>>
>>15580054
>walking catchephrases
Things are pretty bad for a Toei show when even Kyuranger's Lucky has more character while spamming catchphrases himself. I mean sure, catch phrases are common to begin with, but shouldn't be abused this much.

At least there's still the games.
>>
>>15580054
I haven't watched an episode of it yet, but I've not heard anything about it having bad pacing and dropped plot threads like 02, completely missing the point of the franchise as with Frontier or having zero sense of priority while being outright obnoxious as with Xros Hunters

And I like the designs
>>
>>15580878
Because those are complains about shows that would had been better that way, this is more of a "let's just burn it to the ground and start over"
>>
>>15580905
What are you even trying to say here?
>>
>>15580054
I like it OP. Also I heard the toys are doing well.
>>
>>15580878
>completely missing the point of the franchise as with Frontier
I always get the feeling that people who dislike Frontier are filthy furfags who are mad about not getting something new to yiff at.
>>
>>15580945
>Implying people don't regularly masturbate to Ophanimon

Anyway, the whole point of the franchise is kids befriending and raising monsters. Kinda hard to do the whole tamagotchi thing if the kids are the monsters
>>
>>15580832
And we also already have a new one to the list of catchphrases
>DHANK YU, MIRAI!
>>
>>15580054
It's not the greatest

The catch phrases are annoying as hell.
Although at least as child Internet celebrities trying to build a brand there's an in story explanation for why they constantly repeat their catchphrases

There's some really interesting elements like the futuristic setting with CEOs jumping to a press conference from his space shuttle after re-enterimg orbit, and a bunch of random robots just wandering around.
Although the not so subtle digs at mankind's growing dependency on technology is even worse than WALL-E.
"Oh no Calendarmon erased December 25th from all the digital calendars, now we can't have Christmas"
Bitch you're in Japan, just go to KFC

And the fact that there's an evil AI using Appmon for corporate espionage, installing a teenage CEO's into its dummy corporation, and manipulating the stock market is a really different threat from what we're used to in Digimon.

Cyber Kowloon has potential as a setting as well.
Honestly the series should be following Rei and his guerilla warfare hacking tactics against Leviathan's agents
>>
File: best.jpg (79KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
79KB, 500x750px
Haven't watched Digimon since this greatness

Should I get into it again?
>>
>>15581007

it was the fourth season and by that time that formula had gotten old. Even 3's attempt to make the kids more useful by swiping cards wasn't really changing the fact that the main characters where effectively a cheer squad for most of the series. They had to change up the formula and whole not flawless I think it worked
>>
>>15581007
They did befriend and raise monsters.
>>
>>15581042
Xros Wars and Savers were great so long as you're not watching dubs

>>15581047
Pokemon never changed its formula of cheer squad kids and it's still more popular
>>
>>15580054
It's not the best or even particularly good, but it has a ways to go to be worse than Hunters.
>>
>>15581047
>wasn't really changing the fact that the main characters where effectively a cheer squad for most of the series
Except they never stopped using the cards in fact they were needed to evolve and to face the D-Reaper. Its ironic that the Frontier cast are the most useless despite having the power to turn into Digimon.
>>
>>15581199
Xros Wars was bad.
>>
>>15581211
Not as bad as your taste
>>
>>15581204
>Except they never stopped using the cards in fact they were needed to evolve and to face the D-Reaper

That's the problem though. All of a sudden in season 3 we need cards to evolve? That's bullshit. It's a tacked on excuse to have the kids look like they're doing something and and sell a cash grab card game.
>>
>>15581300
It's no different than Crests or digimon fusing together to evolve.
>>
Depends on whether your priority on worst is "how outright bad/stupid it gets" or "how boring it is"
>>
>>15581300
>cash grab
>>
>>15581042
Pretty much all of it is worth watching except 02, YH, and depending on your tastes Frontier. Overall Digimon is pretty consistently good and the two main entries you haven't seen are Savers and Xros, two very good entries. I would recommend going back and rewatching Adventures or Tamers subbed, because if you saw it dubbed then it got butchered pretty much regardless of the language.

>>15581314
In either regard it's still better than 02 and YH. It is stuck currently in limbo around Frontier in mediocre/more bad than good territory. It has the potential to get better but I fear it might get worse instead.

Yujin should have joined the cast at episode 10, not god damn 30.
>>
>>15580938
Are they? I remember when the top toy brands were announced for last year it didn't even crack the top 10.
>>
>>15581549
It's doing better than the previous shows have, that's for damn sure. By this point Xros toy line was fucking dead.
>>
I like it because it's fun, light-hearted and has jokes that make me laugh.

The plot has been super slow to unfold but I don't really mind. I went in expecting nothing after Time Hunters shat all over Xros Wars goodness, but I've been rewarded.
>>
>>15581541
>butchered
How so?
>>
>>15581584
I like it too. While it's probably so-so on the digimon scale I don't feel like it's plot is a mess.
>>
>>15581541
Xros Wars is worse than Frontier.
>>
The series has virtually no history, most episodes are fillers, it would be better if at least the battles were good, but it has the worst battles of the franchise.

From the old series is my order from the best to the worst:

1 - Digimon Adventure
2 - Digimon Tamers
3 - Digimon Savers
4 - Digimon Xros Wars
5 - Digimon Frontier
6 - Digimon Adventure 02
7 - Digimon Hunters
>>
>>15581693
We already know your one-liner opinion. Would you like to add anything else?
>>
>>15581676
The English one especially butchered it because of tons of script changes, nonstop jokes, ruined characterizations, bad dubbing, they didn't pay for the music, dumb censorship, and inserted shipping. I can't say how bad the other dubs are but I've heard they did similar amounts of rewrites and inserting jokes.

>>15581695
As much as I like Adventure and think it's great I don't think it's the best by any means. Tamers is easily better and honestly I'd argue savers is too. Adventures biggest fault it's it's cast is WAY too bloated.
>>
>>15581778
>they didn't pay for the music
I swear I heard the music in at least two other animated series (especially Spider-Man), so it has to be in public domain.
>>
>>15581778
Yeah, I do think people do have major nostalgia vision about Adventure. I'd even put Xros Wars over it for having better music, more interesting fight scenes and Digimon with actual personality. Dark Knightmon is the best villain
>>
>>15580054
I watched all shows but Xros and YH and its at the very least better than 02 so no.

>>15580878
>completely missing the point of the franchise as with Frontier
Digimon itself missed its own point a while ago. People who say that have a warped idea of Digimon thanks to adventure....which descrbies 99% of digifags and people who talk about digimon in the west.
>>
>>15581825
>I'd even put Xros Wars over it for having better music
>Dark Knightmon is the best villain
Definitely agree on those points.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2iVv51sfdM
>>
>>15581695
>The series has virtually no history
You mean story, and it has one. Just not one made to compete with the kind of shows you're supposed to be watching.

> most episodes are fillers
Its episodic anon

>t would be better if at least the battles were good, but it has the worst battles of the franchise.
Agree
>>
>yujin and haru's relationship is the only thing getting development in the anime

What the fuck
>>
>>15581802
It was all Shuki Levy. You can hear the same music in a lot of 90s Saban shows. Masked Rider and Digimon are 5 years apart and have the same music.
>>
>>15580878
As someone who has watched all of that dubbed and subbed this is my comprehensive opinion of it so far.
Pacing :
Absolutely dogshit. Basically it took 20-25 episodes to do literally anything because they decided to pad the middle with a good amount of filler that could have been taken out in 10-15 episodes. The episodes around 25-current feel like episodes that we should have had 10 episodes ago, so people looking to get into the series are going to be turned off a little because the beginning of the series is just boring to watch. Hell even when something interesting does actually happen the you know it's going to be followed with an episode of literally nothing happening because that's just how it is.

Characters :
Haru: The MC is basically vanilla ice cream who only get a little more interesting when his homolust friend shows up
Dokkan Punch : DOKKAN PUNCHI WATASHI WA IDOLUUU
Torajirou : At least a little interesting because you see his home life and what he's trying to do with his life. However he does have a catch phrase just like almost every other character in the show but for him it kinda works
Yuujin : This character could have been given offmon way earlier and practically breathes life into an otherwise lifeless Haru Corpse. Also somewhat around right now because he has another digivice that is making everyone envious that they can't have nice things. He's probably an Ai or evil or some shit.
Rei : Basically the only character in the show who is at least somewhat cool even though he's edgy as fuck. Gets sidelined for the majority of the show because he's off screen doing more interesting stuff than what the main cast is doing.
Ai: eye candy for Haru

Digimon :
They are at least somewhat interesting, Sateramon has one of my favorite digimon designs of all time (pic related). Main cast is basically relegated to being more catchphrases. Basically nothing too out of the ordinary or extraordinary.
>>
>>15581911
Plot :
Artificial intelligence is fucking everything up and these kids are trying to find out what they can do to stop it because the AI is becoming a global software design company that's going to take over the world. Also Rei is trying to find his brother. Everything is a bit of a blur though because half of the time what they are doing has very little effect on moving the plot (the main problem with this show)

It didn't really get "good" until the Dantemon stuff popped up, but even the time they spent in the Deep Net was short lived. The new character that popped up with his 4 new baddies looks promising, but at this point I'm not holding my breath

It's not as bad as Digimon Fusion/Xros Wars or 02 since they at least try and clean up after themselves with their plot, but holy fuck it's a 20 minutes sleeping pill. It got on my nerves at first that they weren't digimon but instead applimon, but I got over it when they started digivolving.

As far as sales go iirc the Toys are selling like hotcakes in japland, so there is a possibility that they build on this universe since digimon hasn't really had anything big as of late.

Oh also that, when they are digivolving/combining that little record scratch voice is fucking annoying. Whoever thought that was a good idea needs to be shot in the head and left out back.
>>
>>15581042
those kids are sluts
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.