[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /m/ I'm going to be having a procedure done next week

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: turn a.jpg (2MB, 3000x2662px) Image search: [Google]
turn a.jpg
2MB, 3000x2662px
Hey /m/

I'm going to be having a procedure done next week and will basically be unable to get around on my own for about two weeks after. I've already bought a stockpile of /m/ vidya to play but I'd also like to take the opportunity to watch Turn A Gundam since I'm almost done with Zeta (I've watched almost exclusively UC stuff for the past year and want to try something different).

So far I've seen:
>G Gundam
>Build Fighters and Try
>MSG
>Halfway through MSGZ
>08th MS Team and OVA
>0080

Turn A's designs look really cool to me, but I have a few questions:

>is Turn A SFW (my younger siblings want to watch it with me, and I know most Gundam shows have quite a bit of nudity)
>is the bluray set any good (cost isn't a problem, I need something that can be played on our living room player since I won't be able to access my PC)
>is Turn A connected to any show I need to watch prior?

Nudity wouldn't be a problem, but I'll be staying with my parents while I recover. If there is nudity, I just need to know around what episodes so I can cover my ass.

Thanks guys!
>>
>>15578184
beginning episodes have a lot of slut loran.

are your parents cool with an older man openly lusting for a younger one?
>>
>>15578206
We've watched weirder shit together, I'm mostly trying to avoid the awkwardness of it. I've watched Gurren Lagann with my little brothers which had a lot of weird funny homogay stuff in it. As long as Turn A doesn't get worse than that, I think I'll be fine.

I just don't want them walking in on full on nipples in your face type stuff if possible.
>>
>>15578184
>is Turn A connected to any show I need to watch prior?
Yes. It's a culmination of every series before it.
>>
>>15578184
Turn A is pretty tame although it features nudity fairly early on (first three episodes or so) but it's not sexualised really, it's just sort of there for a minute or two.

Turn A is kind of like the after story of UC. It's so far in the future no characters can return, but it's sort of a culmination of the cycle of war they're involved in.
>>
File: caption-060615.jpg (62KB, 533x355px) Image search: [Google]
caption-060615.jpg
62KB, 533x355px
That's right, there are naked pagan rituals in the first few eps. Hope you ain't Christian!
>>
I'm on episode 8

So far there's been maybe 6 boob shots.

Nipples included.
>>
>>15578302
Fortunately my family is the tame Christian variety. It's not really the nudity so much as it being sexualized indecent stuff but if what >>15578289 is true it'll be fine. Just bought the box set anyway so it's too late now.

Now all I have to do is grow a neckbeard and buy an anime pro T-Shirt and my preparations will be complete. Time to make my whole family uncomfortable!
>>
There's a scene where the main character accidentally happens on two sisters who are bathing in a river. It's more of a "pure beauty" kind of thing than anything lewd.

There's also another part where a coming-of-age ceremony involves a girl picking which boy will climb up to the top of the mountain for a ritual that everyone coyly refuses to describe. As seen here: >>15578302
it features an almost-nude scene because of a weird tradition. The scene itself isn't lewd, but the coy way that all the adults dodge the question of what's supposed to happen at the top of the mountain kind of implies that the ritual might be an excuse for a girl to pick the guy she wants to lose her virginity to. If your sisters are young enough they probably won't even pick up on it.

While the show pretty much revolves around people finding out what happened in the past, it's mostly about the backstory of Turn A's setting. There are call-backs, cameos, and even some stock footage and blueprints of MS from other Gundam shows in a historical file in the second half, but Turn A really only deals with the themes of those shows, not any of the actual plot points. You could have watched it as your first Gundam show and it would still have made complete sense. Recognizing the references and historical images makes the show a little cooler, but isn't actually necessary to follow the plot.

Also someone gets pregnant later on but there's no sex scene, just her friends being surprised when she tells them she's pregnant.
>>
>>15578546
Thanks for taking the time to describe all of this in detail, Anon. Sounds like I'm in for a fun ride regardless.
>>
>>15578546

> someone gets pregnant later on

Wait, who's that? Cause I don't remember no pregnancy in Turn-A. Are you confusing it with Victory?
>>15579213

There's a few other brief bits of nudity. There's a second or two shot of a woman sunbathing nude in park in the early episodes, and near the end there's a scene with two sisters showering and the main character has to burst in to save them since they're unfamiliar with the process of doing so in zero-g and they nearly drown when some hair clogs up a drain. It's all pretty quick though, and there's no major drama or weirdness involved.
>>
>>15580032
>Wait, who's that? Cause I don't remember no pregnancy in Turn-A. Are you confusing it with Victory?
He's talking about Fran, Loran's friend from the moon.
>>
>>15580042

Oh, he just means in the epilogue. There's two pregnancies in that case, since Keith's wife Bellerine has a kid too. You can see her grandmother, Anise, playing with a baby in the epilogue as Keith brings her to the bakery. I thought he meant in the show proper, as it were.
>>
>>15578184
>and will basically be unable to get around on my own for about two weeks after.
What's gonna happen when you really gotta poo at like 3AM but everyone is asleep?
>>
>>15578302
>applying your personal morals to stories you watch
As a christian I just have to say why though
>>
Turn A has some homosexual predator constantly lusting after the titular character. Some nudity with sochie but there's one or two scenes in the entire series.

There's death but nothing really gory.
>>
>>15578273
Fuck off.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.