[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I finished Star Driver fairly recently and I can't help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

So I finished Star Driver fairly recently and I can't help but feel like nothing was really resolved or honestly even established in the first place.

What was the deal with Zero Time and cybodies? Why are they sealed behind maidens? Who set this shit up? Why did Sammy escaping into space not kill every body? Did Takuto win the Wako? Did Kate get the Suguru? Was the prez an alien?

Im all fine with some high school antics if the cast and setting are nice and it was but it just seems like nothing happens
>>
>>15574562
>What was the deal with Zero Time and cybodies? Why are they sealed behind maidens? Who set this shit up? Why did Sammy escaping into space not kill every body
Did you fucking watch the anime? Literally every part of this was explained in the show, its becoming more and more aparent that people here on /m/ don't actually watch the shows.

Zero Time is a prison to keep Samekh from excaping and driking the life of planets, he got sealed because he was a dickhead to his own people and they decided that the only thing they could do was seal him away, hence the fou maidens and the cybodies, they are his wardens and the cybodies themselves set this up so he would sleep eternally, they also left a failsafe with the humans by giving them plans to make their very own cybody, namely Tauburn, Samekh WAS drinking all life on the planet, the destruction of his body sent the life energy back to everyone though.

Also yeah the prez and fox are strongly hinted to be aliens
>>
>>15574596

How though?

Im not dumb I got the what but so little attention was paid to the details and no one really seemed to care in the slightest. Any details we did are dropped very plainly.
>>
>>15574653
If you paid attention to the play that they performed, it explains almost everything. Like, it's pretty much the president coming out and saying "Hey I'm an alien, here is the backstory for all the weird shit." Also Wako chooses the threesome ending and from what I remember Kate gets nothing.
>>
>>15574596
>its becoming more and more aparent that people here on /m/ don't actually watch the shows.
I swear, if there's ever a time a show flat-out verbally explains itself to the audience, you can count on /m/ to completely miss that scene.
>>
>>15577465

Because a verbal explanation is just a goddamn info dump. Show don't tell.
>>
>>15574653
Maybe you are not dumb, but the fact that you allegedly watched the show and somehow missed all of these info the show threw at your face makes you come across as dense, at the very least.
>>
>>15577833
>missed all of these info

I'd get a handle on basic grammar before going around calling people dense, if I where you.
>>
>>15577809
>show don't tell
But how are you supposed to know what happens while you run the episode for background noise so you can shitpost on 4chan?

It's lose lose either way, people don't care to care about a show, they just "watch" stuff to fit in and feel like they're part of something.

We're at the point where people would rather deliberately misunderstand a scene so they can ask WHAT DID THEY MEAN BY THIS than let their neurons fire off and figure out what's going in with the information given. It's audience participation outprioritizing the show proper.
>>
>>15577841
Woah, you really showed him, anon.
>>
>>15577842

Yeah or the show was just boring and no one cared about forming an actual narrative with weight and consequences. They treat the dorm barbecue with more interest than remnants of a powerful alien race keeping people locked on some island.
>>
>>15577809
>telling is always wrong
That isn't true, and I think you know that.
>>
>>15578621

Not showing people the more interesting parts of your story and treating them like an after thought is though. And Id hope you know that.
>>
>>15574562
The literal plot in Star Driver isn't really important compared to the themes it's trying to convey. The core of the story has less to do with any of the alien bullshit and more to do with the contrast between the world views of Takuto and his father.

Head allows his obsession with the past to keep him from doing anything productive with his life, while Takuto's optimism for the future allows him to live life to it's fullest in the present while working towards the future.
>>
>>15578632
Except they do show it through as play in the episode, you just have to change the puppets for the cybodies and you have more or less what happened
>>
>responding to retards who are just trying to get a rise out of people
When will you learn to stop doing this /m/?
>>
>>15577841
Absolutely pathetic.

>>15578632
The plot exposition in Star Driver is definitely in the upper tier, with constant reveals that expose the mystery of the setting for the entire duration of the show. You can gather many elements through interpretation, starting with the story of Fish Girl in the first quarter. When they perform the play, which is the entire plot like the other anon said, it actually tells you that most of Fish Girl's story was actually real, but simplified/distorted. It's fucking brilliant to repeat the fucking plot of the show through it all in a superficial and/or poetic form, while letting the viewers doubt the accuracy of it until the end.
>>
>>15574562
>>15574653

The stories they tell and local mythology is where the meat of the setting is.

The thing you have to remember is that, with the possible exception of the prez, there is no one alive who actually has firsthand experience with this shit. It all started thousands of years ago, and has largely become mythological until very recently when Head dragged it back into the light.

The school play is basically a way for the prez to try and warn Head that using Samekh is a bad fucking idea, everyone who uses it regrets it eventually. Its a power that ruins more than it gives. Head knows exactly what she is talking about, but ignores the warning because he is Head, and to everyone else its just a weird fucking school play.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.