[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the most underrated protagonist Gundam in all of Gundam.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: AGE-3.jpg (182KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
AGE-3.jpg
182KB, 1500x1500px
This is the most underrated protagonist Gundam in all of Gundam.

Even the Double X isn't as underrated as the AGE-3. Prove me wrong.
>>
File: latest-4.jpg (30KB, 402x480px) Image search: [Google]
latest-4.jpg
30KB, 402x480px
It's concept design was better.
>>
>>15572956
It wasn't underrated, it was bad. Its toybait was worse than the Age-1, its base design was worse than the Age-2, and it was so useless it got completely replaced by the end of its arc. I feel sorry for it but that doesn't make it good.
>>
>>15572956
Yeah, I liked it. Shame it didn't do much. It had a really good intro and then kind of futzed about until it got replaced.
>>
File: 3au8qg5.png (19KB, 441x495px) Image search: [Google]
3au8qg5.png
19KB, 441x495px
>>15573019
>Bluhbluhbluh all mecha shuld be like muh warhammerz n muh VOTOMS.
>>
>>15572974

Legit agree.
>>
>>15572956

Why don't you prove yourself right before challenging everyone else to prove you wrong.
>>
File: Age_3_normal.jpg (2MB, 3922x5706px) Image search: [Google]
Age_3_normal.jpg
2MB, 3922x5706px
>>15572956

It deserved better, but it outshined by Kio's FX the moment it got the Orbiter variation.
>>
>>15573088

>Nobody posts anything else
>Prove it yourself

Except that is proving OP right
>>
>>15573097

Wow, a whole 7 posts vaguely agree with OP by not actively disproving him; that totally proves him right and divests him of the need to give proof.
>>
>>15573079
Wow look at all the buzzwords you didn't even read my post you dumb cunt.
>>
>>15572956
I like it because the Sigmaxiss Cannon wrecks shit in Gundam Breaker.
>>
Laguna > Orbital > Graft > Normal > Zamelga > Fortress > Tangram
>>
>>15572974
bystander here, I totally agree
>>
>>15573097
>Nobody posts anything else
>>15573019
>>
It's my favorite out of all 3 main Age suits. The Age-1 sucked balls--so plain and boring, like it was made on MS Paint.
>>
>>15572956
The debut was cool, then the Age-3 normal literally never showed up again
>>
>>15573256
It did against legolis. Where it conveniently fell apart and got its ass kicked because apparently Kio is so quick on the controls that it couldn't keep up. Because apparently if you wiggle a joystick too fast the arm falls apart.
>>
>>15573019
I agree, honestly it may have had the worst showing of any protagonist suit in the franchise. It starts good with the age 3 normal copiloted. Then immediately has to move to the fortress ware. The next showing for age 3 normal has Asemu show stealing. When the next ware, the Orbital, gets introduced, it gets captured by vegans almost as soon as it appears. Then after Kio's escape from the Vegans we're supposed to believe that the suit is too slow for him now. The show never gave the poor age 3 a chance.
>>
It's easily my favorite AGE lead

>>15572974
I sort of agree but actually really like what we got
>>
>>15573161
>Age-3 Laguna
My negro. Patrician tastes right here.
>>
>>15572956
>supposed to be a homage to ZZ
>instead looks like a piece of shit in transformation and MS mode
>stupidest looking v-fin ever. looks like a sun visor
>barely any color variation in design
>core fighter just sits there on it's back
>concept art was far superior from final product
disgusting is what it is.
>>
The most underrated Gundam is easily Impulse Gundam. Shinn was the protagonist for the first half of Destiny but Impulse is generally forgot about in any discussions about protagonist mobile suits. All things considered, sword, blast and destiny impulse are some of my favorite designs throughout the franchise, and unlike AGE-3 it wrecks enemies throughout the series making full use of it's abilities.
>>
>>15573499
Impulse by itself isn't underrated at all, specially the Destiny and Sword packs. Blast Impulse is always forgotten though.
>>
Personally I'd say it's the Wing Gundam. The unit is defeated in the first 5 minutes of the show, spends the majority of the first two episodes underwater, the main character barely uses it in the entire show, he passes it up for his big fight against his rival even before he gets an upgrade, it's destroyed several times and mostly spends the show in pieces, destroyed or neglected in some manner. Even as a design it's a bit too similar to it's upgrade and it tends to be overshadowed by the Wing Zero. Lady Une saving Trieze using it is probably it's coolest moment, and that's (a) not even involving the main character and (b) nearly the end of the show before it happens.
>>
>>15573560
>Any Gundam from babby's first Gundam
>Underrated
You are mistaking underrated with underused.
>>
>>15573566

Being underused can add to something being underrated. It's also why I noted it's similarity in design to the Wing Zero and how that suit tends to over-shadow it. The fact that you felt the need to disparage the whole show instead of disputing the argument just helps prove the that people don't take it seriously or consider it really.
>>
>>15573499
It doesn't do enough to separate itself from being ZAFT'S Strike

>>15573571
Different anon, but I don't see how it can be underappreciated or under used when a variant of it showed up as one of the fan favorites of Build Fighters.
>>
File: bf8.gif (742KB, 446x251px) Image search: [Google]
bf8.gif
742KB, 446x251px
>>15573161
>not liking Fortress
>>
File: HWAT.png (108KB, 462x409px) Image search: [Google]
HWAT.png
108KB, 462x409px
>>15572956
>multi generational story that mirrors UC
>third generation would be around F91 era in UC equivalence
>technologically and thematically it's ZZ
>>
File: 1428057681846.jpg (242KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1428057681846.jpg
242KB, 1920x1040px
>>15573666
DESU the tech in UC evolves far too quickly. Ignoring Origin they go from the first prototype MSs which can barely fight on land to murder machines which move faster than the eye and have mind controlled hives of funnels in a few decades. It's unrealistic
>>
>>15573701

As unrealistic as having the very first plane built that can only fly a few dozen paces and less than 7 decades later landing a man on the moon?
>>
AGE-2 Dark Hound is best
>>
>>15573710
Honestly never thought of it like that.
>>
>>15573720

Technology moves at a hell of a clip at times. The first modern computer was only 70 years or so ago, and it took up several rooms. Now with integrated chips and transistors you could fit everything that computer did a hundred or a thousand times over on a chip the size of your fingernail and the whole world is interconnected using computers.
>>
>>15573720
To add, military technology moves slower today because of relatively peaceful time. But the development of military jet planes way back in the cold war era was frighteningly fast.

Still not as crazy as CE where GuAIZ is rendered obsolete in less than 2 years and everyone wield beam shields in a fraction of time UC need to develop them.
>>
>>15573901
>and everyone wield beam shields in a fraction of time UC need to develop them
Beam shield are just beam sabers shaped differently. If anything, beam shields were developed too late.
>>
>>15573716
>said no one ever
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.