[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thank you starforce for killing anything battle network related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 40

File: Sankyuu.jpg (84KB, 440x450px) Image search: [Google]
Sankyuu.jpg
84KB, 440x450px
Thank you starforce for killing anything battle network related from ever happening again
>>
But Battle Network and Starforce both had actual fucking endings. The only other series that can claim that is Zero. I greatly prefer bringing the stories to an end instead of leaving them on cliffhangers or not-endings that never go anywhere, especially since it's been years and years since there was a new Mega Man game.
>>
>>15570805
Network had to end before sequel rot really hit it. This is a good thing, series need to end.
>>
Battle Network was getting pretty stale, OP. It needed to end and got a definitive end. Starforce has nothing to do with that. Capcom freezing the Mega Man property as a whole isn't related to a single Mega Man offshoot.
>>
SF1-3 > BN1-6

The average quality of the SF games was higher than that of the BN series. Neither series is to blame for the lack of new ones. Capcom is dying, Capcom is cheap, and they're MM games meaning they were just as doomed as the rest of the series.

>>15570863
>before sequel rot really hit it
Regardless of recovery, BN hit sequel rot by the third one. 4/5/6 were just bleeding it dry.
>>
>>15570863
You could argue that the series was hit with seasonal rot after Network transmission and BN4, as the series started its downfall after those games even though I consider BN6 the 2nd best in the series
>>
>>15570880
It was hit with seasonal rot after Capcom changed the game format, starting with BN 4.

BN4 switched things up to require multiple playthroughs of the same content at higher difficulties to unlock everything. (Which was a fucking PitA.) And BN5 introduced unbalanced, unimaginative and plain annoying tactical/strategy RPG game elements. BN6 atleast returned to proper form, which plays a big part in why many find it better than BN4 or 5.

And then there's the whole dick-assery with axing all the Boktai-related cross-over content in the US versions.
>>
It had 6 main games barring spinoffs. It had a good run.
>>
>>15571121
>It was hit with seasonal rot after Capcom changed the game format, starting with BN 4.
BN3 Black, Network Transmission, Battle Chip Challenge, and BN4 all released in 2003. The rotting corpse of a milk dried cow happened swiftly and mercilessly.
>>
>>15571126
Besides, if people want more, there is an interquel fan project (set before the ending of BN6) subtitled Chrono X going on. Whether it'll be finished remains to be seen though.
>>
>>15570805
Haven't played SF, but BN closed up. Wouldn't mind more games, but I don't consider it "dead", just finished.
>>
How would you guys like a Battle Network side story?

I've been thinking of trying my hand at one. It'd need to be set after BN6 and with completely different characters, maybe some minor references to Mega Man and a Bass cameo, but the setting is really interesting to me. Seems like it'd be quite difficult to make an isometric RPG, but I have a good idea of character designs and rough plot already.
>>
>>15571273
I would be interested, as long as it stays somewhat faithful to the series
>>
Did starforce kill the franchise? They never made another spiritual successor
>>
>>15571226
Starforce also ends pretty definitively, with Geo finally getting his father back. It's a nice ending for the timeline.

>>15572080

Mega Man was dead before then. X stopped in 2004 with X8 and the JRPG, Classic in 2010 with MM10, ZX in 2007 with ZX Advent, and Starforce concluded in 2008 with SF3.

After MM10, the only other Mega Man game we've gotten was Legends 3 in 2011, which of course they cancelled. I suspect there were already internal troubles at Capcom regarding Mega Man by 2007, so the SF team saw the writing on the wall and finished the saga while they had a chance.
>>
Star Force wasn't responsible for killing Battle Network and it's retarded to think otherwise. Battle Network ended. They gave it a conclusion. Star Force didn't start until after Battle Network was given its finale. It's entirely unreasonable to blame Star Force for that.
>>
Am I the only one who actually enjoyed Star Force?
>>
>>15572439
No, I enjoyed it too. Honestly, I like SF's characters, character interaction and plot more than BN's. BN has better gameplay overall though.
>>
>>15570875
6 a good. Eat shit halfwit
>>
>>15572508
6 is okay. It's about on par with 2. If you rank the six it's 3>2=6>1=5>4, with everything after 3 being a slow climb back upward after plummeting off a fucking cliff with 4.

If you want to include the SF games in the same ranking, it's SF3>BN3>BN2=BN6>SF1>SF2>BN1=BN5>BN4. I played it again recently and it's hard to overstate how phenomenal SF3 is. It's one of the best games to bear the Mega Man name.
>>
>>15572513
3 is incredibly overrated.

>B-But the story!
Doesn't excuse the asinine crap you had to deal with gameplay wise. Press, way too many overly gimmicky bosses (IIRC Gutsman and Flashman are the only bosses not to have some sort of defensive gimmick?), an even grindier Style system, and forced version connectivity drag down the game something harsh.

BN6 remains the only game I actually enjoy replaying.
>>
>>15572080
SF2 bombed saleswise and killed any chance the series had of continuing.

>>15572439
It was okay, but it just played things too safe. It wasn't until SF3 that they tried to seriously do something with the battle system, so for the first two games it was pretty much just "BN but with less options".

Which, needless to say, is not very appealing.
>>
>>15572439
I liked the story of the first game, the second is overall poor, but the 3rd one tops even the best Battle Network games.
>>
>>15572692

It seemed like they figured it would go on for years like BN did, so rather than blow their load too early they made a second game with basically nothing going on.

Then it sold poorly, and worse, the anime (the only reason BN lasted as long as it did really) was cancelled, effectively meaning 3 was their final shot to do anything.

They did make it work though.
>>
>>15572508
BN6 is good in the same way X8 is "good". In that it didn't scratch the lows of its recent predecessors and had acceptable-ish gameplay and design. That's all.
>>
>>15570813
BUT WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO BASS
oh and that additional chapter boss from StarForce 3
>>
>>15573203
>BUT WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO BASS
Dead.
>>
>>15572513
Honestly for me it was 6=3>5>2>1>>>>4

SF was 3>1>2
>>
BN3 and 5 are best games

fuckyuu OP
>>
>>15573189
I would hazard a guess that if any games can be blamed for Mega Man's decline and fall, it would be X5-6-7 and BN4. Those were the real catastrophically bad Mega Man games, and they all came out around the same time as each other, in the early 2000s when Capcom was shitting out four or five Mega Man games a year. Having two major parts of the franchise turn so shitty so quickly has to have made a negative impact on sales going forward.
>>
>>15573189
X8 was terrible tho. are you high?
>>
>>15574020
X8 wasn't terrible, it just wasn't great. It's a gigantic fucking improvement over the garbage that was X5, X6 and X7, and it has a good number of things to like about it. The Zero weapons, for instance, gave him a lot of new interesting moves instead of just rehashing the X4 moveset over and over and over again. Axl was much more distinct from X and had times when you might want to use him. The Neutral Armor, while being the shittiest-looking armor of all, had a lot of neat features, though I feel like they could have done more with its gimmick. They let you ditch the operators if you didn't want them or bring them if you were the kind of player who needed them, and making them playable was a cute bonus even if they were just shitty versions of X, Zero and Axl. The villain wasn't fucking Sigma for a change.
>>
>>15574059
>The Zero weapons, for instance, gave him a lot of new interesting moves instead of just rehashing the X4 moveset over and over and over again.
No less broken, though.

>Axl was much more distinct from X and had times when you might want to use him.
Mainly when there was a hidden item that you wanted that you could only get with him. And only those times.
>>
>>15574059
X8 had everything going for it, and then they fucked it all up by going full gimmick with the stage design.

IIRC, the intro and Bamboo Pandemonium are the only two stages in the game that aren't gimmick bullshit. And hey, wouldn't you know it, they're the best two stages in the game!
>>
File: newyear2.jpg (731KB, 1165x787px) Image search: [Google]
newyear2.jpg
731KB, 1165x787px
No, BN had a long run. Only Legends fans or Mega Man fans in general can complain about anything being killed.

Here's a question: Did anyone at all prefer Sonia over Luna?
>>
>>15574170
>Did anyone at all prefer Sonia over Luna?
I Did. I found Sonia cuter and my affinity for pink hair took over.
Design wise I think I liked Luna more though.
>>
>>15574170
I could never decide between the two.
>>
>>15574170
Me. Luna was always annoying as hell and the parts she was in were aggravating. Sonia's story was more believable and I liked how she and Geo bonded.
>>
>>15574059
Just because X5 is hard doesn't mean it's bad.
>>
>>15574319
X5 wasn't hard, it was bad.

The Cannon/Shuttle mechanic is probably the worst system in the entire Mega Man franchise, topping even ZX's retarded map system
>>
>>15574319
It was rushed, hastily put together and looked like ass. The weird rail things scattered throughout the stages didn't really add anything to the gameplay, and ducking was added solely for casuals who couldn't get the timing of dashes right. Also, Alia.
>>
>>15571148
I thought that was already done. I disconeccted form the project years ago, how is it going?
>>
>>15574170
Luna was a good character in SF1, but then SF2 and especially SF3 ruined her.

Sonia didn't get handled much better, but being better than Luna is an incredibly low bar to clear.
>>
>>15574170
>SF1 Luna: I'm a tsundere because I have deepseated parental issues.
>SF2 Luna: I am only in this game to get kidnapped and bitch at my friends.
>SF3 Luna: I WILL BE STUDENT COUNCIL PRESIDENT BECAUSE THAT IS MY ONLY PERSONALITY TRAIT IN THIS GAME
>>
>>15574319
>Alia
>what ending you get is purely RNG even if you get all the cannon/shuttle parts
>you can get all of the upgrades for Zero and then RNG makes you lose Zero for most of the endgame so you have to use no-upgrade X
>getting the good upgrades requires you to deliberately waste a bunch of time at the start, which is even worse than the saveable reploids in X6
>rails
>first game where you can't use the individual armor parts
>first Sigma stage is Quick Man's stage because everyone fucking loved Quick Man's stage and that shit wasn't annoying at all
>all the Sigma stages are modern art

X6 is even worse, but X5 was one of the first Mega Man games that was outright bad.
>>
>>15574395
Despite that, though, she was still better than pretty much any character from Battle Network, at least in terms of personality. Mayl was boring and pointless.
>>
>>15574416

To add on to some of your points

>Modules were terribly implemented
>Levels were terribly implemented
>Forced to fuck over one character or another
>Started the trend of "you already start with a vanilla armor, so let's make the other two armors esoteric and underpowered so you'll never want to use them except in select situations"

Also remember that X7 is the game that started rolling back the shit that X5 introduced. X7 may not have been a good game, but at least it tried
>>
>>15574427
Look man, I know what you're trying to say but bringing BN characters into this comparison just makes Luna look even worse. You're pretty much comparing her to special needs children.

I like to ignore the reveal that Iris wasn't human because she was much better than Mayl in every possible way.
>>
>>15574446
It really bothered me because Iris was probably the first character in that entire series with any semblance of depth and then they turned her into a program and then she died.
>>
>>15574455
She's the only friend Lan has ever had who pulled her own weight, helped him more than she helped her, and never tried to kill or otherwise endanger him.

Which really puts into perspective just how fucking awful Lan's friends are. The kid is a saint for putting up with their shit.
>>
>>15574463
He's just as one-dimensional as they are so he probably doesn't really comprehend just how shit they are.
>>
>>15574463
Geo's the saint, Lan's just too optimistic for his own good.

But at least it got him the attention of the best BN girl.
>>
>>15574170
Luna is a huge bitch.
>>
>>15572184
But ZX Advent had a cliffhanger.
>>
>>15574463
If you think Lan has it bad, Geo doesn't have ANY friends who haven't tried to kill him at some point.
>>
>>15574514
ZX Advent and SF3 were probably developed by different teams at the same time. Either the ZXA directors were less observant about the start of Capcom's troubles, or the fact that ZXA didn't get greenlit for a sequel was part of what prompted the SF team to wrap it up right away a year later.
>>
>>15574520
What about the Nerd Midget?
>>
>>15570805
BN4 should've killed the series.
That whole game was cocks.
>>
>>15574534
I'm glad it didn't because BN6 is a godsend
>>
>>15574524
You can only send someone off to 10 round virus gauntlet so many times before it seems like you're trying to get them killed.

Also Zack's shitty personality almost gets Geo and Luna drowned in SF2. He's technically responsible for Sonia trying to kill Geo in SF1 too.
>>
SF3 is easily one of the best Megaman games. Prove me wrong. Protip: You can't.
>>
File: 1486464849229.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486464849229.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>>15574550
>tfw I was a Gemini-Wolf user
I'm sorry, I just love elec attacks and swords since BN. Rogue noise fags were even more annoying
>>
I just wish they hadn't dumbed down the combat in StarForce
>>
>>15574357
>ZX's retarded map system
Ahh the wittle baby needs his hand to be hold
>>
>>15574442
>X7
>Tried
There are many ways I would describe X7, but having tried is not one of them
>>
>>15574158
The stages of pretty much every game in the series had gimmicks. It was more that many of the X8 gimmicks were very noticable and very distracting.

There are only 2 really bad maverick stages in X8, Gigabolt Man-o-War's flying ride chaser stage and Burn Rooster's shaft descent/ascent stage. All others were pretty good each in their own way.
>>
i was thinking about getting into these games again. I played up until BN3, were there any better ones in the series after those 3
>>
>>15576033
4 is a tournament game, not the best. Has loosely connecting stories. Introduces Double Soul to replace Style Changes, allowing you to take the properties of a defeated boss navi for several turns. Also introduces Dark Chips, which have great power, but corrupt Megaman and permanently reduce his max HP by 1 for every use.

5 is sort of a mix with an RTS game. In this one you get a team of navis to command and clear a level stage with, a few of them being boss navis from previous BN games. Dark Chips are back, with a new method of using them safely.

6 goes back to the core gameplay of 3 and introduces Beast Out, letting Megaman take the properties of the digital demon beast sealed within him. You can also use Double Soul on top of Beast Out, combining both forms.

If you liked 3 6 would probably be your best bet, but I like 5 well enough too. There is a DS version of 5 that combines both versions and lets you swap navis from each team, which is probably the best version of it.
>>
>>15576195
4 was crap and had you playing through the same area for each of the nine or ten scenarios each playthrough, going to the back of wherever you just got access to each time.
5 is pretty cool, especially because it's turn based strategy not RTS, and also Lan's friends are kicked out of the plot for almost the whole thing.
6 is great but I like 5 more, it adds a lot of features and opens up folder assembly about as much as 2 did from what I remember, and Lan's friends get kicked out of the plot again.
Either 5 or 6 would be worth trying, 4 should be ignored forever.
>>
>>15576033
BN3 is generally considered the best in the series, although there are people who argue for 6 being about as good.

4 is an absolute trainwreck of a game. It trades the Style Change system for a new Double Soul system, letting you sacrifice a chip to get a temporary powered-up form based on one of the Navi bosses you've beaten. The problem is that it's a game based off three consecutive tournaments, and you'll only fight some of the Navis that give you new Souls on any given playthrough. That means to get them all you need to beat the game again, only with slightly harder enemies, and then a third time only with slightly harder enemies again. It's all the same events except the specific tournament opponents you face. You also get Dark Chips, which show up when you're sucking in battle and have powerful effects but cost a point of max HP every time you use one, and gradually turn you evil. You don't want to use them anyway, because the benefit for being extra-good by not using any is that you'll randomly get a status that makes you do double damage, which is hilariously broken and way better than any of the Dark Chips. The story is crap too.

5 recovers just a little bit from how bad 4 was, but still isn't great. You have this turn-based strategy game that you do a whole bunch of times, and your Souls are based off the teammates you get for the strategy game. You can use now Souls in a certain way such that they turn their charged shot into an infinite-use Dark Chip with no drawbacks. The story is still kind of crap, but not quite as crap as 4.

6 basically gets back to form and ditches the whole Dark Chip storyline in favor of something based off a plot point from 2. It's alright. My big complaint about it is that in 6 you can only use any given Program Advance once per battle, so you can't build your folders around things like Lifesword or GrassStage-Prism-HeatSpread like you could before. Still, it's an okay end to the series.
>>
>>15576290
BN3 had a lot of flaws. Like the awful map and awful missions and awful PRESS. The story mode is a chore to play through.
>>
>>15576290
I like 5. I loved having Protoman as my partner. I wish there was a game where I could play as Proto and skunkhead.
>>
>>15576391
Sure, if you go for boring pieces of cardboard.

Though I guess that description accounts for 98% of the whole Battle Network cast.
>>
>>15576195
>>15576221
>>15576290
All of these reviews of 5 and nobody mentions its awful, awful, AWFUL overworld?

Seriously, who the fuck designed BN5's maps? Every single main cyberworld area but ACDC is a fucking maze, and while the real world is more straightforward the game kicks you in the teeth anyways by forcing you through Oran Mine over and over and fucking over.

>>15576391
It's called 4.5.

It sucks.
>>
>>15576506
>It sucks.
Music was pretty good.
>>
>>15576506
I mostly played DTDS, I never really had too much of a problem navigating.
>>
Everything in starforce is objectively bad

It was the final nail in the coffin for battle network type style gameplay
>>
>>15576518
>I played the version with a map on the bottom screen, it wasn't hard to navigate at all!

Except it still was because BN5's maps are unnecessarily roundabout. End Area stands out prominently in my mind because of how many times it forces you to go off the main road because a directional panel is in your way. And let's not even fucking talk about how asinine the Undernet or Nebula Area were.

Meanwhile the shortcuts that are supposed to help you navigate faster are a) half wasted on your fucking friends' homepages (boy I sure needed three quick routes to ACDC area!!!) and b) take forever to open so by the time you get them you no longer need them.

Fucking End Area, I swear to god.
>>
>>15576506
>>15576620
You know, thinking back on it, you're not wrong. There's like six different entrances to the Undernet and they all dump you into the common area easily, with no way back. So if you get lost or screw up, it's a hike to just get back to where you were.

Not to mention the Nebula Area liberation missions. Meddy is especially fucking useless there.
>>
>>15575219
He's right though. The map made 0 sense, and learn to not be a total faggot when someone points out something that's painfully obvious, for the sake of validating your misguided elitism.
>>
>>15576290
>BN3 is generally considered the best in the series

2 or 3 (or 6) depending on who you ask

MM 2 vs 3
MMBN 2 vs 3
MMZ 2 vs 3

Same pattern
>>
>>15574520
Hell he's lucky if they go 6 months without turning into a snake or cow
>>
>>15576731
Not him but honestly I never had an issue with ZX's map.
>>
>>15570805
>starforce and battlenetwork
>literally the only two series in the franchise not to center around mecha
>>>/anywhere else, you dumb fuck/
>>
>>15570870
>isn't related to a single Mega Man offshoot.
except for zx
>>
>>15571273
>what if we did megaman but not about megaman?
zero worked because he was basically the main character of the x series, but your idea just sounds stupid
>>
>>15573577
>and 5
eh
>>
>>15573791
let's not forget zx, the bad version of better games that capcom tried to rip off
>>
>>15574357
>topping even ZX's retarded map system
this is where i disagree
>>
>>15574416
>you can get all of the upgrades for Zero and then RNG makes you lose Zero for most of the endgame so you have to use no-upgrade X
>"how do i reload saves? i sure am dumb?
>>
>>15574522
i think inti was aware of it considering they hid the cliffhanger behind hard mode
>>
>>15576454
>sure, if you like battlenetwork's characters
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>15576806
>6 months
that's generous
>>
>>15574170
i want to thrust her drillholes
>>
i'm still baffled how there were games about Mega Man roaming in the net and electromagnetic waves, yet neither of them, even the DS releases of Battle Network, ever gotten online multiplayer stuff.
>>
File: operation shooting star.jpg (47KB, 370x410px) Image search: [Google]
operation shooting star.jpg
47KB, 370x410px
Any one played Operation Shooting Star?
>>
>>15577093
no because it didnt sell any copies
>>
>>15577093
>Crossing over SF3 with BN1
Why BN1 in particular, when EXE had no tricks of his own and Geo had all of his?
>>
>>15576731
Nu gen gamers everyone. Back in the nes days, we finished everything without whining like a man princess
>>
>>15576731
You're fucking retarded. I have never been good with these games and ZX and ZXA remain the only Rockman games I've finished on Hard and getting everything with no guides or cheats.
>>
>>15577236
Do you need a medal or something?
>>
>>15577238
Do you need a caretaker?
>>
>>15577224
>nu gen
I love this meme.
mate I finished the game and it is a great game, but the map makes no sense.
>>
>>15577236
Wow you are amazing, bet you are so proud of yourself. Everyone in this thread beat the game, and the map is shit.
>>
>>15577675
>>15577680
Would you mind explaining how you find it shit? It always seemed straightforward and fine to me.
>>
>>15574195
This. Luna for looks, Sonia for personality.
>>
File: 38screen3.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
38screen3.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>15574170
The even greater debate.
>>
File: devil roll.png (726KB, 1228x924px) Image search: [Google]
devil roll.png
726KB, 1228x924px
>>15577713
>>
>People like Digimon Mega Man
I mean it was ok.
>>
>>15577713
>Caring about the BN anime.
>>
File: I'm so fucked up.png (207KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
I'm so fucked up.png
207KB, 640x480px
>>15577940
It was dumb and unrelated to the games plot but it has its own charm
>>
>>15577940

The anime is what kept the games running as long as they did.

Without it BN would have ended at 1.
>>
>>15577962
>DAAAKU CHIIIIPU
>>
>>15577940
>Not caring about the anime
Stop that.
>>
>>15577037
Star Force games had online battlan & brotherband forman.
>>
>>15577962
I remember when I used to think Cross Fusion was going to be in BN4
>>
>>15578239
It sort of was at the end of BN3 when Lan uploads his consciousness to the Alpha server and merges with Megaman, but eh.
>>
>>15577713
Meddy, never cared about Roll.EXE.
>>
>>15576960
Digital Monsters and toku are both /m/ mate.
>>
>>15577037
It wasn't a high priority when these games were coming out.

I think if we got a new BN-esque game it'd probably have online play and character customization of some kind because that's where games of its nature are now.
>>
>>15578239

However Starforce was pretty clearly inspired by it.
>>
>>15572439
I liked it, it just can't compete with Battle Network.
>>
>>15576506
I feel like BN3 had the worse map. Even if you know exactly how to get around and have every single shortcut available to you, it still takes forever to get anywhere. Press is absolute shit because if you want the smoothest possible experience, you HAVE to have it on your Navi Customizer.
>>
>>15577962
>>15578239

Was that when they became power rangers
>>
>>15577925
You could say that about anything, to be fair
>>
>>15577940
The anime had its moments. The slice of life moments and characterzation were much better before Axess. Stream started strong with its first 2 episodes but was wasted potential.

There were some neat fight scenes. I liked this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG7MDaLqCXY
>>
File: Yuriko_Needleman_CF.jpg (142KB, 639x1105px) Image search: [Google]
Yuriko_Needleman_CF.jpg
142KB, 639x1105px
>>15579185
Nope.
>>
>>15580081

My biggest problem with Cross Fusion was that they almost never used anyone other than Megaman which was lame because his CF design wasn't any different looking.

Some of the other ones were actually cool looking.
>>
>>15580100
My biggest problem with Cross Fusion is that it shits on the general themes of the games.
>>
>>15580535
Does it really?
>>
The Battle Net anime is getting reaired in Japan

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2017/06/the-rockman-exe-anime-will-re-air-in.html
>>
File: 17067423421.png (245KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
17067423421.png
245KB, 640x480px
>>15580556
Neat, hopefully they'll do a full run of the show. I need more reaction images in higher quality
>>
>>15580548
>Lan and Megaman are the strongest pair around because they are the only ones capable of Full Synchronization, the manifestation of their unique twin bond.
>Except now everyone else can do it too.
>The digital and real worlds are completely separate, and a lot of effort needs to be put into trying to "break" this barrier.
>Oh wait, now you can just fire some projectors and call it a day.

>>15580556
I hope we get an OST this time for Beast.
>>
File: Classic To EXE.jpg (4MB, 4392x2832px) Image search: [Google]
Classic To EXE.jpg
4MB, 4392x2832px
How successful was the conversion?
>>
>>15581338
Well, damn near everyone is a gigantic improvement, so I'd say it went well.
>>
What do you guys think of Azure Striker Gunvolt?
>>
>>15581398
Great series. The character designs are amazing and the both games have a decent soundtrack. I just beat 2 a few minutes ago. The game was too easy though. That's my only complaint.
>>
>>15581316

Cross Fusion was a shitty thing but the anime had already thrown all that out before hand anyway by ignoring the entire brother subplot and just making Megaman a navi that Lan really really liked for some reason.

Cross Fusion was just a gimmick chip that Chaud and Protoman could use just as easily well before Steam where everyone could work it.

And while the net merging thing was cheap, they were seriously running of ways in which navis could cause episodic danger in the real world. The controlled Penguin air conditioner robots were too much for me.
>>
File: want sum help.png (2MB, 1019x873px) Image search: [Google]
want sum help.png
2MB, 1019x873px
>>15570805
Capcom is retarded as fuck for not making new BN games considering we're living in BNs world today with our stupid iphones and siris and shit.
>>
>>15581398
purge all adepts
>>
File: Laserkino.EXE.png (921KB, 850x1429px) Image search: [Google]
Laserkino.EXE.png
921KB, 850x1429px
find a flaw
>>
File: GSFelix[1].jpg (172KB, 800x1461px) Image search: [Google]
GSFelix[1].jpg
172KB, 800x1461px
>>15581892
Fuck you.
>>
File: 1466762961488.webm (3MB, 786x480px) Image search: [Google]
1466762961488.webm
3MB, 786x480px
>>15581894
He's vulnerable to the power of teamwork.
>>
>>15581892
>that true final boss
not only i was overwhelmed, but was really damn shocked at the entire process of the last fight
>>
>>15581904
I have no idea what I just watched, but it was truly beautiful.
>>
>>15581904
what episode of Kamen Rider Ex-Aid is this?
>>
>>15570805
SF went BN4 in its second game. What the fuck Capcom?

It's not retarded MUH DARKNESS shit, but it's still pretty unrelated to the first game's theme.
>>
>>15581904
Holy shit
>>
>>15581904
>Not pressing Select near the end and seeing Laserman win anyways because the game just flips a coin to see who wins.

For shame. That was half the fun of BN4's dumb free tournaments.
>>
I am absolutely amazed Capcom hasn't done a collection of 1-6 for the 3DS or even SF 1-3, it would be great to have everything on one cart.

>>15577093
I remember asking about it years back and all people had were complaints. It's mainly due to the fact that Geo breaks absolutely everything thanks to either Sword or Step Sword being one of his on-demand attacks, having an instant shield, and I think he had lock on. Plus it was still BN1 without any real major tweaks from the later games so it was essentially just BN1 with the DS features like Megaman talking during battles or jacking in through the touch screen and Geo thrown into the game pretty early on for you to break the game if you so chose.

Hell, if I remember right the only major tweaks were making it so damage was removed in realtime when you attack a boss with HP listed above their name during timestop (A feature that got added in 2), and the features you had in 5.
>>
I tried playing BN4 a couple months back. Man I had a lot more patience as a kid.
>>
>starforce didn't kill battle network!
Well it did since starforce was so unpopular nothing ever came after that series while battle network was popular enough to spawn 5 sequels, a popular anime and a succesor in the guise of starforce
Starforce games and anime were unpopular and a dud so they discontinued the franchise.
>>
>>15582662
BN killed itself with that abomination of a 4th game.
>>
>>15582662
>he says when the games sold well
>>
File: 1454106179508.jpg (55KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
1454106179508.jpg
55KB, 663x579px
How many brothers did you guys have? i had 0 and eventually hacked some of them
>>
>>15582662

It was on the decline before that. The BN anime got demoted to a 5 minute short because ratings were tanking so they cancelled it and switched to Star Force to try to revive it.

It didn't work, but still BN was going downhill after Steam and BN 4.

The worst part was Beast and BN 6 was actually pretty good but the damage was done by then.
>>
>>15583658
I loved Beast so much.
>>
>>15583624
0 as well, and never hacked myself any. Hell, I even got Rogue Noise in SF3, though that was mainly because of how ridiculous swords were in it. My only regret is getting BA instead of RJ.
>>
>>15583624
2, hacked the other 4 tho.
>>
>>15583624
0. Swordfighter + Rogue kills everything in solo campaign.
>>
>megaman and roll make a baby
Haha wtf man
>>
>>15585626
Wait, when?
>>
So how good is SF3? Hearing all the compliments about it has made me curious.
>>
>>15585897
SF2 has a sidequest where you learn what happened to the BN cast. Lan's son gets a NetNavi made from Megaman and Roll's data.

>>15587083
It's solidly okay on its own merits, but it's more impressive in that it's a huge step up from SF2. The gameplay is finally mostly its own thing instead of a BN-ripoff, the two overworlds are much more integrated now, there are more ridiculously overpowered combos than ever before, and the plot is... um.

SF3's plot is its only real point of complication. It's certainly better than SF2 (as low a bar as that is), but it eschews the series' emphasis on human drama for a more action adventurery feel. This is most notable in Geo, who is practically a different character now. You could argue that that's a good thing and show that he's developed as a character, or you could argue that the writers gave up and just wrote him as Lan 2.0.

The plot of SF3 mostly focuses around one of the new side characters, Ace. How you feel about him will greatly determine how you feel about the game's plot. I thought he was a ridiculous spotlight hog who took until the end of his arc to realize that he was a shit.
>>
>>15587121
I wasn't a fan of how many "hopeless" battles the game threw at you. Especially since SF3 is so fucking easy that half the time I was just about to finish the boss off when the battle suddenly ends and a cutscene starts where Geo is getting his ass kicked.

It was stupid when Rogue did it in SF2, but SF3 kicked it to a whole new level.
>>
>>15587141
desu, the first fight against Joker was scary, I didn't expect that missile spam
>>
SF2 true boss is brutal.
>>
>>15587151
Dread Joker is fucking badass.
>>
>>15590549
Yep, as is his finalize.
>>
>>15581938
>We haven't gotten a scene where a bunch of rideplayers team-up to successfully take down a bugster
Missed opportunity
>>
>>15574427
Mayl had the better porn though.
>>
>>15581894
he was Regal's, and Regal is a complete and utter blight on the franchise
>>
Alright, /m/: Falzar or Gregar?
>>
>>15593470
Gregar easily
>>
>>15593470
I chose Falzar but my friend insisted Gregar was better.
>>
>>15593470
Gregar, because I'm an edgelord. Also the Air Shoes weren't that amazing when I usually had that in my NaviCust anyway.
>>
Megaman Ultra Star Force 4 when?
>>
>>15583624
had like over 4, until some stranger erased my save
>>
File: JUST.png (134KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
134KB, 400x240px
>>15581910
JUST
>>
>>15593475
In terms of what abilities you got compared to their size and how much of a pain they were to fit into the NaviCust, I think that's correct. Also fairly certain most of the exclusives were better too.
>>
>>15593470
Falzar is the undeniably easier game because it makes it even easier to murder everything with an A coded folder. It also makes it easier to upgrade to the next level up, which I think was M code? Maybe L.
>>
>>15588866
>SF2
>Hard

Pick one.
>>
>>15595617
It was K. M is for the third level of Reflector, Train Arrow, and Machine Gun.

Though for Reflector 3 you technically used the * code version, but details.
>>
>>15587121
SF1's pretty much perfect for me but the battle system is fucking shit.

SF3 doesn't even have a proper environment design for the dungeons. EVERYTHING including the final dungeon used the same fucking template.
>>
>>15595617
Were BN1 and SF1 the only two games to not have a hands down best in-game content folder?

>BN2: Gater
>BN3: Flashman + Ratton
>BN4: Air Hockey Full Synchro shenanigans
>BN5: S code
>BN6: A code
>SF2: Stun lock
>SF3: Bullshido
>>
>>15595638
Z-Cannon was ridiculous in BN1, and SF1 had the Freeze Knuckle/Break Saber combo I guess.
>>
>>15595638
Guts shoot in BN1 was able to kill every boss in the game in at least two hits due to maximum hp for bosses being 1000
>>
>>15595638
BN1 had a max of ten of a chip, so you could make a deck to just spam 2xHero with a deck of FighterSwords, KnightSwords, HeroSwords, and ProtoMan chips and not even need to worry about aiming.
>>
>replaying SF3 because of this thread
>accidentally stumble across Spade Magnus V2 by accident
haha
fuck
>>
>>15596023
I'm so sorry anon. I'll make sure to contact your next of kin.
>>
>>15593470
I prefer Gregar. The beast and form are cooler/more useful to me, and I like the selection of Navis in the game more.

>>15581398
Cool series. It's nostalgic, but only up to a point. It has a lot going for it, I enjoy it.
>>
>>15574170
Drillhair tsundere oujousama archtype does nothing for me so I'm all in the cool rocker GF camp.

Oh who am I kidding, I'm in Pat's camp. Sadly the games shafted him the big one in SF2/3 apart from making Gemini Noise broken as fuck
>>
>>15577713
God, Meddy is fucking useless. A vertical spread MiniBomb for a charge shot sucks, and her Soul isn't helpful at all. Her one saving grace may be her panel liberation ability, but even that is a risky gambit sending GyroMan across the map.
>>
File: hardest choice in gaming.png (23KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
hardest choice in gaming.png
23KB, 256x384px
Well?
>>
>>15596570
Bros come first, and Sonia is the closest thing Geo has.
>>
File: ACEos.jpg (104KB, 580x705px) Image search: [Google]
ACEos.jpg
104KB, 580x705px
>>15596648
NetFrican please.
>>
File: 1430972592857.jpg (355KB, 800x877px) Image search: [Google]
1430972592857.jpg
355KB, 800x877px
>>15596570
Sonia's bag. I like Prez but I prefer the Sonia/Geo dynamic better where they're both self-hating emotional wrecks that help each other out of a dark place and become really close throughout the games. Prez is nice but she's always at arms reach and even though she has the whole Ophiuca plotline to flesh her out she never feels as close to Geo as Sonia is in my opinion.
>>
>>15596678
This. I've always liked Sonia's friendship with Geo.

On a similar note, Pegasus, Dragon, or Leo?
Saurian or Ninja?
Black Ace or Red Joker?
>>
>>15596559
>Using charge shots when BN5 wanted you to just S Code PA spam through everything.
>>
File: 0.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>15597294
Dragon because the Giga/Mega chips of Dragon himself and the charge shot were great compared to Pegasus and Leo.
Ninja because I believe you had Air Shoes and the charge shot was instant compared to Saurian which locked you in place to shoot the fire which was incredibly slow for around the same damage as the throwing stars anyway. Ninja/Zerker also looked incredibly cool.
Black Ace but I can't remember why since it's been so long since I played it. I think his form change had a really amazing Giga that did incredible damage.
>>
>>15597294
I went Dragon mostly for the aesthetics, Ninja to continue the Wood theme while I was at it, and then Black for no particular reason. I remember being pretty happy with my choices overall.
>>
>>15597294
Leo because of fire and brute force
Ninja, but I only cared about Zerker
Black Ace, but I regret that greatly

>>15597340
It naturally pierces invis, while RGE doesn't.
>>
>>15581412

>Sacred sword agleam! Barbarous and bathed in blue cleaving right from wrong! Luxcalibur!

Can anyone tell me WHY he needs to do this. If anyone had half a brain, they would shoot him during this.
>>
>>15597675
Do you even need to ask?
>>
File: 1659345423.png (278KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1659345423.png
278KB, 640x480px
>>15597294
Pegasus
Zerker
Black Ace
I'm a stun-lock asshole and I'm proud of that.
>>
>>15596570
Honestly as A Subaru/Misora shipper, grab Bud's. It's both hilarious and serves as a great capstone to his character that he honest doesn't get otherwise.
>>
>>15597294
Ice Pegasus
Fire Dinosaur
Red Joker
>>
>>15597726
Stun-lock fags are men of high taste, so that's fine.
>>
File: MegaMan_Zerker.jpg (262KB, 733x678px) Image search: [Google]
MegaMan_Zerker.jpg
262KB, 733x678px
Why did everybody hate SF2?

I thought it was basically as good as SF1.

>>15597294
>Saurian or Ninja?
>not zerker

Why the fuck wasn't this it's own cart again? Having it just automatically included as a seperate save file in both Ninja and Saurian's carts was so wierd
>>
>>15598170
SF2 had terrible dungeon design, an insultingly stupid plot (which was particularly bad after SF1's competent one), introduced Rogue, and contributed approximately jack shit to the battle system so everyone just gave up on the SF series.

The second game in any Megaman series is always one of the most important. BN2, Z2, X2, Classic 2, they're almost all really high up there in popularity because they have the job of taking the concepts introduced by the first game and refining them into the formula you'll see for the next few games in the series. Most of them pull that off, but SF2 stands out for not only failing to innovate but being so bad that interest in the series died.

Pretty much the only thing notable about the game on its own merits is how absurdly easy it is if you abuse the secret systems. And even then Le Mu Xa is straight up not fun and the postgame area is awful.

It's not a good game.
>>
>>15598170
SF2 has a totally different theme than SF1. It's like BN4's power of darkness.
>>
>>15598217
It really didn't though. The theme was ancient aliens ruin stuff, which connects perfectly with the EM wave alien stuff from the first game.

>>15598215
I really don't recall the level design or plot being any worse.
>>
>>15598215
And I swear to god, if anyone here thinks Rogue was a good character you can just go fuck off. He's so poorly written it outrights hurts SF's overall plot, because here we have a game series talking about how you need to work together to get things done but the rival character claims he has to do everything alone. And the game just... doesn't address this inconsistency and has him stay a static character who constantly pulls powerups out of his ass.

I still remember calling bullshit when Rogue showed up in SF3's final dungeon. Geo has this whole sequence where he has to coordinate a huge group effort to even make it to Meteor G, and then Rogue just inexplicably makes it there by himself somehow? What the actual fuck?
>>
>being young
>stuck on beastman for the longest time
> finally get him...but forget to save
That really fucked me up man
>>
>>15598219
I'm sorry, but you straight up don't remember the series right.

SF1 (and to a lesser extent SF3) is about personal drama. There are aliens, yes, but they exist to act as the devil on the shoulder for the vast majority of the game's cast, who are all very vulnerable people in some way. The crux of the game's plot is Geo interacting with hurt people so he can ultimately gain the courage to overcome his own pain. It's not Shakespeare, but it's competent enough.

Move to SF2 and the plot is about... random shenanigans? The main villain doesn't reveal her motivation until literally right before the final boss, so you spend most of the game dealing with Geo's friends being assholes, repeating plot events from SF1, and fighting off some random alien bosses. The plot is almost entirely driven by one of the new characters riding high on cutscene power (to ridiculous extents), and the titular artifact that is apparently so important does absolutely nothing beyond act as a key.

As for the dungeon design, they threw out SF1's unique dungeons to instead go back to fucking overworld dungeons. Every last dungeon follows the format of "three areas of minigames, each getting progressively longer", and every last one of them is a fucking slog. Special mention to that god damn underwater scavenger hunt.
>>
>>15598219
If you're fine with reading a wall of text, one guy spent some time writing up what he hated about SF2: https://lparchive.org/Mega-Man-Star-Force-2-Zerker-x-Saurian/Update%2021/
>>
>>15598215
I don't really remember people caring about X2 or Z2 that much.

>that interest in the series died
Not that much, honestly.
>>
>>15598222
>i hate everyone
>why?
>because people beat me as a child
>why?
>lol i dunno they just did, the writers couldn't think of a better way to give me a tragic backstory
>>
>>15598170
Mu alone drags down the game considerably. But that's just the start.

>Advancing too much into the main story causes viruses to upgrade meaning your only chance at the chips now requires trading or random luck when trading in chips.
>Rogue is nothing, amounts to nothing in this game, and just whines during the entirety of it while acting like an absolute edgelord.
>Going full edgelord doesn't really benefit you as much as normal Brothers do.
>The plot is completely random during the entire game. TICKLE MONSTERS being the most egregious.
>The random encounters feel like it's the highest it has ever been to the point that you don't even want to go into the waves anymore since every six or so steps feels like an encounter and the shortcuts between areas are still massive (Sonia's cloud one being the one I remember the most)

This is all I remember of my playthroughs at release, all that lingers is the hatred for it.
>>
>>15598245
>this will be our final battle. the ultimate clash of ethoses. the moment we finally decide whether friendship or loneliness is more powerful.
>i don't actually believe in friendship giving me power, and never have, but if it makes you shut up then sure.
>*solo gets his ass kicked*
>th-that battle didn't count! let's do this again after you've 100%ed the game.
>*solo gets his ass kicked again*
>th-that battle didn't either! let's do this again after you've 100%ed the next game.
>*solo gets his ass kicked again*
>th-that battle didn't count either!
>>
>>15598258
>hey there mega dork, just gonna kidnap all your friends with this special weapon one of the people i work with (but we're NOT allies) gave me. you could blow these things up in one hit in every cutscene prior, but not this time because the game's gotta establish how cool i am
>what's up, just gonna kick your ass with this special barrier i got from one of my coworkers. you can clearly see it's only supposed to block one hit, but fuck you i win.
>yo, in between games i randomly gained the power to control noise, got a new talking sword (but we're NOT friends), and am now so cool that the satellar police tried to recruit me first. but i'm not going to do anything this entire game but show up in random events because mu is inexplicably involved.
>yeah i have a secret path to the final dungeon. it's pretty cool, and i can take other people with me even though i'm supposed to be all about loneliness.
>well look who i came across in outer space. i know an entire world is about to be destroyed, but i'm going to let it so i can get a powerup for my sword. aren't i such a cool guy?
>>
>>15598272
I think that last one was supposed to be that if he had the thing Sirius was keeping in his body it'd let him start rebuilding muh Mu civilization.

The repeat battle text is fucking hilarious, though.

>Solo, help me save the world.
>No, fuck off.
>Will you help me if I beat you in a fight?
>Maybe.
>*Gemini Wolf is the most broken-ass shit*
>So will you help me?
>No, fuck off.
>>
File: 134-42.png (13KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
134-42.png
13KB, 512x384px
>>15598280
Nope, that would make too much sense.

Also that reminds me that Solo spends all of SF3 hanging out in Not Okinawa doing jack shit.
>>
>>15598272
>mu is so cool! it was way better than any of these dumb modern civilizations. it was soooo cooooooool.
>i'm just going to walk through this ruined capital city and ignore all of these hieroglyphs explaining how mu fell apart, even though the security requires me to read them to make it through.
>solo you idiot, mu destroyed itself.
>I'M NOT LISTENING LALALALALALA
>>
>>15598293
and the cherry on top:

>*rogue Z is defeated*
>okay. i admit it. you win. you're better than me. i have had positive character growth at long last, and will retreat to think things over.
>*rogue ZZ is unlocked*
>actually nah, i changed my mind. loneliness is still better and i'm going to literally kill you to prove it, even though every time you beat me you leave me alive.
>aren't i just the coolest rival character?
>>
Muramasa is a nice chip/card
>>
How I watch all the subbed episodes without BakaPT? I only have until the end of Stream in my hd.
>>
>>15598295
So what do you think of Bass and Protoman from BN, anon? I wanna hear your thoughts on their characters.
>>
>>15598345
They're fine. Chaud and Protoman were never as antagonistic as Rogue was, and for that matter are usually Lan's allies so their cutscene powers aren't as ridiculous. By BN4 Chaud's attitude has turned around entirely and he's straight up friends with Lan. That's actually why I like Team Protoman better, because in a lot of ways it really shows off how much Chaud has grown up: the scene where Chaud lets Lan punch him for making a bad call is far more powerful than the corresponding scene in Team Colonel where Baryl punches Lan for daring to be upset he lost his brother.

As for Bass, he's both generally kept to postgame stuff and is actually a hard fight. It's fine for him to go crazy on the cutscene power just because he doesn't show up that much. Also, there's only one fight where you can't beat him; every other time he acknowledges his loss.
>>
>>15598352
Also, I just really like how Chaud was assigned to create a special team of Super Net Battlers and his literal first thought was "welp, better go recruit Lan".
>>
>>15598298
Evil Chips are annoying as hell to get before you get a DarkHole chip though. For the longest time I had no idea why my otherwise normal Static chip did nothing and I couldn't figure out what it did until I read elsewhere that it required a DarkHole.

Then come the next game it just straight up requires you to use Dark Chips, and I'm not sacrificing Double Soul and max HP for that shit.
>>
>>15598368
Muramasa became an evil chip? Don't remember that part.
>>
>>15598370
A lot of the cooler Mega chips became evil cheaps in BN4 and 5 for whatever reason. It really sucked for V2/EX chips in particular because we got the DS bullshit.
>>
>>15598370
It's evil in BN4 and BN5. Anubis is too, but ironically the PoisonPharaoh PA that requires it isn't, and that's so hilariously broken that there's no point in using base Anubis anymore anyway.
>>
>>15598373
>>15598377
Oh yeah, that weird thing. At least it got brought back to its proper glory in the games after, though it's a shame that the only thing as close to good as it in that time frame was probably NeoVari.
>>
>>15597294
Dragon,Ninja, and Black Ace.All for aesthetics alone.

This thread makes me want to replay SF3. Thank you OP
>>
>>15598386
SuperVulcan was the god chip in BN4 on.
>V code Mega Chip with 12 hits of 10 that each get boosts from + chips
>5 moves it from V to S
>6 moves it back to V but makes it a Standard Chip with 10 hits of 20 that still get boosts from + chips
>>
>>15598646
>Get the InfiniteVulcan PA
>Boss navi jumps into your path
>They jump away the moment you fire the PA
>>
I'll be honest, I only played SF2 and 3 because I wanted to see more Luna
>>
Listen you faggots can argue about whatever you want, as long as we agree Aile is cutest and best megagirl
>>
>>15600579
>Aile is cutest and best megagirl
WRONG!
>>
>>15573203
Bass barely had a mind after being consumed by Alpha/Proto, he came back as a revenant in later games only trying to get more power to defeat Megaman, its really no mystery that sooner or later Megaman and any of his allies would simply put him down like a mad monster he had become
>>
>>15601861
Then who is, anon? Show us how good your taste is.
>>
>>15602208
None, they're all shit
>>
File: 1441661631499.jpg (130KB, 438x499px) Image search: [Google]
1441661631499.jpg
130KB, 438x499px
>>15600579
Agreed. The only one that comes close is OG Roll and, well, these are BNfags.
>>
>>15600579
You spelled Tron wrong
>>
>>15602438
Come now anon, I like ZX and Aile is cute, but there's not much notable about her.
>>
File: 1349124812907.jpg (531KB, 880x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1349124812907.jpg
531KB, 880x1024px
>>15600579
>>15602438
Sorry, but Legends Roll is the only one for me
>>
>>15577093
I remember literally just locking on and spamming swords/hammers on the boss fights. Made any of the fights where the boss just stays in the back row (e.g. stone man) completely trivial.
>>
File: Val 3.jpg (49KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
Val 3.jpg
49KB, 500x314px
>>15602549
How about Ashe then?
>>
File: 1376271869474.jpg (62KB, 450x454px) Image search: [Google]
1376271869474.jpg
62KB, 450x454px
>>15600579
Aile is pretty great, but you're forgetting there's a delicious brown twintail option.
>>
File: 61837163_p0.jpg (311KB, 428x591px) Image search: [Google]
61837163_p0.jpg
311KB, 428x591px
>>15602734
She's okay, only really notable for booty memes though
>>
File: 35794218_big_p12.png (470KB, 553x756px) Image search: [Google]
35794218_big_p12.png
470KB, 553x756px
>>15602208
Ashe or Atlas.
>>
>>15598222
Rogue is literally the embodiment of "Psshh....nothin personell...kid" to the point where it's just irritating to see him.
>>
>>15598352
Baryl and Colonel honestly feel out of place in BN5, they fit more as reluctant antagonists in BN6.
>>
>>15602982
I thought they worked out fine as an unexpected third party in Team Protoman. They're kinda weird as a heroic figure, yeah.
>>
>>15598352
I thought Chaud entrusting Lan with Protoman made a lot more sense (and had a lot more meaning) than Baryl doing the same with Colonel too.
>>
>>15602471
>>15602605
>That first fight with her in Legends 2 where Tron uses a voice synth to pretend to be Roll and continuously spout lies to Megaman to try and get him to join the Bonnes
>Since you likely won't have a strong buster or subweapon at the time she'll probably destroy the entire town by the time you beat her
>Megaman doesn't say anything to Roll but get reassurance when her actual voice finally comes in
Tron sure left me bitter for that dungeon afterwards.
>>
>Falzar has a full patch to fix US localization
>Gregar has a half assed patch
WHY?
>>
>>15603198
>not having the Homing Missiles by then

Legends 2 Homing Missiles are pretty outrageous. I have no idea why they gave you them so early.

>>15603201
Where?
>>
>>15603249
http://forums.therockmanexezone.com/topic/8886349/1/
>>
>>15581904
>>15581938
So 4 Rider Players and a friendly trombone bugster team up against Kamen Rider Lazer Lvl99?
>>
>>15602982
Except Lan's reaction to Baryl being a villain would feel out of place if he hasn't been friends with Baryl for a long time.
>>
>>15580556
fuck really?
i hope for decent RAWs
>>
>>15603552
Lan is such a doofus he trusts Mr Match in every single game he appears.

Frankly, I could believe he'd be stunned some dude he barely knew was evil.
>>
>>15604644
That scenario in 3 was beyond stupid
>>
File: Starmanexe.jpg (13KB, 227x357px) Image search: [Google]
Starmanexe.jpg
13KB, 227x357px
Is it bad that I really liked Double Souls in 4 enough to forgive it somewhat for its flaws? I had a lot of fun using them, and felt more like Megaman because of the forme changing. Then again, my taste is kinda shit since the only real painful BN to play for me was 1. 4.5 was also one of my faves since I just can't say no to Starman.EXE or the physical chip gate shenanigans, Network Transmission was also something I played tons of as a kid, and I loved Brightman.
Was the anime worth actually watching subbed?

Also about SF, I liked it, but I hated 2. 1 and 3 did real well on the space theme, and although I could make some sense on Mu and stuff, it just felt so weak compared to the rest. Overall didn't like it more than BN though since the aesthetic, while GREAT, was still not as good.
>>
>>15605059
Not really, though Crosses are just superior in every way.
>>
>>15605302
Weren't Crosses less forme-changey? Or like they were, but the shoes stayed the same or something?
I'd still love to see what a Soul/Cross with some of the other Navis would look like.
>>
>>15581894
Maybe the claw-like feet? I still love him, what a badass design.

>>15593459
What the fuck was up with Regal in BN5? His personality and the very fact of him being back shits all over that game's ending, which is one of the things I liked about him.
>>
File: Aqua cross and soul.jpg (168KB, 1326x640px) Image search: [Google]
Aqua cross and soul.jpg
168KB, 1326x640px
>>15605314
They were both fairly involved when it came to form changing.
>>
>>15605314
They're pretty much the same, but crosses don't require a chip
>>
After the clusterfuck of R-Gun Rivale, that was actually pretty disappointing.
>>
>>15605314
Yeah, the shoes stayed the same unless you transformed into the beasts.
>>
File: 13-DepressingBoxEvilShop.png (51KB, 590x525px) Image search: [Google]
13-DepressingBoxEvilShop.png
51KB, 590x525px
>>15593459
>>
>>15605361
>What the fuck was up with Regal in BN5?

"Oh shit, nobody liked BN4!"
"Let's just pretend the anime's events happened then, only not really."

BN4 exists in this weird state of canon where theoretically all of the tournament scenarios happened (Lan recognizes both SearchMan in BN5 and AquaMan in BN6, he has the Red Sun/Blue Moon trophies in BN5, etc), and yet as far as anyone can tell the main plot did not. Shit, I don't even think Lan knows what Nebula is in BN5.

And even the tournament scenarios may not have happened as we saw them in BN4, Lan is just confirmed to have met the other person.
>>
File: TomahawkBeast.jpg (217KB, 1024x1282px) Image search: [Google]
TomahawkBeast.jpg
217KB, 1024x1282px
>>15605823
In fairness, when you used a Cross Beast the results were usually badass.
>>
>>15605936
Shame its charge was just wing boomerangs
>>
I always wished that the Megaman BN series had a following like Pokemon and would have rom hacks made.

I played them more during my childhood than pretty much every other GBA game
>>
>>15606550
They do have a couple, actually. There's also some utilities availabe that make it easy to edit the games.
>>
>>15593470
Falzar. I liked the design
>>
>>15596570
First run I think I chose Sonia's bag, but with SF3 being the first SF game I needed up play I had no strong history with the characters and probably picked it because I though it had stuff in it that could be water damaged.

Second run I picked Luna's Handkerchief since I knew what was going to happen to her and just felt bad for her and decided to give her and Geo a nice moment.

>>15597294
Pegasus
Ninja
Black Ace

Besides Pegasus, the rest were designed based.
>>
>>15597294
Pegasus because design but also best Constellation.
Ninja but I liked Saurian more.
Hoping to get Black Ace.
>>
File: Dust Beast.jpg (136KB, 1000x980px) Image search: [Google]
Dust Beast.jpg
136KB, 1000x980px
>>15605936
Honestly the only truly bad Cross Beast to me is Dust's
>>
Does anyone still netbattle online?
>>
>>15608835
Yes, there are entire discord groups based around it.
>>
>>15577962
That sausage fingers tho
>>
I've been replaying SF1, and I forgot how stupidly powerful the RdrMissil2 card is for early to midgame. It has a ridiculously easy requirement, is non-dimming, decently strong, and ends most random encounters instantly.
>>
>>15607953
I forget what this one did.
>>
>>15612052
Lets you suck in field obstacles and spit them out to do a decent chunk of damage, lets you recycle chips back into your folder and draw new ones, charge shot is a kind of rocket punch. Charge a nonelemental chip as Dust Beast to turn it into a string of six random attacks that do 100-200 damage apiece and crack panels. It's a pretty solid Cross combat-wise, arguably even one of the best ones, it just looks like shit.
>>
>>15610086
Okay seriously FUCK this goddamn scrapyard treasure hunt stage. It feels like every random encounter plus the timer changes the location I'm given to find what's buried and it's frustrating as hell.

Gemini Spark's entire part of the game just sucks in general, and I'm not a fan of Pat.
>>
>>15612058
It's not that good desu. Falzar has at least two others that are much better, let alone Gregar
>>
>>15612838
Nevermind figured out what I was doing wrong here. Time to S rank the SP FM-ians.
>>
>>15614337
Anyone know if you can increase the damage printed on a FM-ian SP Mega card by clearing the SP's S rank with a faster time, or is it set for the first time you clear it?
>>
>>15614851
Depends how fast you can clear it, it's not just the first time you attempt it. So if you get a second faster it'll reflect that, but there's a certain point where it stops increasing the damage.
>>
>>15614855
Okay cool. Cause I'm at 195 on CancrBublSP and I read it can go up to 200. Guess I'll just keep trying. Thanks.
>>
>>15602978
I think that's half the point. He's the edgy who keeps getting beat by the genuine hero.
>>
>>15615121
The game is constantly sucking Rogue's dick, it's not nearly self aware enough to do that.
>>
>>15606336
A lot of the Falzar Beasts were like that.
>>
>>15570805
Uh, no.

MMBN was finished. It got an actual ending. What killed Star Force is what killed ZX and all other Mega Man games.
>>
>>15574170
Sonia was cuter than luna in almost every regard imo. To bad the only person that made starforce porn liked luna. I wanted to kill myself everyday
>>
>>15582507
That would be because MMBN is on the virtual console. These are actually great for emus by the way, since you have no need to link now.
>>
>>15620061
I know they reworked them to get cut chips and multiplayer chips, I just wished we had them all in one package instead of all over the place. I'd rather have one collection rather than three or four games on the Wii U and whatever else on the Switch if it ever happens.
>>
>>15620016
>What killed Star Force is what killed ZX and all other Mega Man games.
So BN4?
>>
>>15620096
If you mean bad games, then sure.
>>
>>15620096
I would argue that BN4 didn't kill it, and that the chip gate was a cool addition, but Bandai didn't do anything about it for Not-Japan. Bad marketing, planning, and unlucky release times hurt Megaman, desu.
The time away certainly helped at least.
>>
>>15620096
BN4 is so frustrating at times.
Like, the episodic stuff could have been good, but all the scenarios are so stupid and don't have their own dungeons. That and the minigame addiction alongside wonky timing (getting the vs ENTIRE GANG OF NAVIS event really sucks for your first playthrough) made it a chore to play oftentimes.
>>
>>15623082
Navi Gangs were just not fun to fight against in general. They do make for good NPC battles though.
>>
>>15624459
>virus sumoners
No.
>>
>>15625315
I mean like in >>15581904
>>
>>15602605
The Roll sidequests in the games were always cute. And I didn't mind her conversation when she was Spotting in the dungeons.
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.