[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you watch a UC era Gundam show about Federation operators

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 15

File: IMG_0294.png (187KB, 604x312px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0294.png
187KB, 604x312px
Would you watch a UC era Gundam show about Federation operators operating operationally?

And what kind of missions would they do, anyway?
>>
>>15567314

I still want one based on the creation of the SAS in WWII, with Federation operatives operating in enemy territory, using Zeon suits and uniforms to steal their technology, steal funds, kidnap or assassinate high ranking Zeon commanders and generally disrupt the war efforts using unconventional methods that fall outside standard doctrine. By putting it within enemy territory you can show the humanity of Zeon while maintaining their position as the enemy too.
>>
>>15567314
there is a novel about Federation special forces, maybe they could animate that? the baddies are two separate Zeon terrorist organizations in Earth and in space.
>>
File: 1343587-noel_and_miyu.jpg (65KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1343587-noel_and_miyu.jpg
65KB, 1024x768px
>>15567314
Only if they're cute girls.
>>
>>15567334
for some reason this reminds me of zeonic front missions, that game fucking owned and I wish I still had it
>>
The questions is if you would watch Mobile Logistics Gundam: Assets of War or Mobile Maker Anaheim: Money, Merchandise and War.
>>
File: 6.jpg (164KB, 900x642px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
164KB, 900x642px
>>15567334
Yeah, that's the thing I'd like to see.

Something like Guns of Navarone, but in space.
>>15567314
Hacking through enemy defense systems, murdering and kidnapping officers and scientists, spoiling the delivery of supplies, exploding and hijacking the prototypes. Everything that specops did before.
>>
>>15567314
>Gundam show
>Focus not on gundams

Everytime this gets pitched, it gets changed to being about the gundam.

08th MS Team, Thunderbolt, etc.

I'd like it but it won't happen or if it does, it'll just be a light novel or manga, and not get made as an anime.

As for missions, they should be blowing up space colonies and then making it look like zeon did it. Mobile suit fuel can't melt gundanium beams.
>>
>>15567457

No matter what we pitch it won't get made as an anime, since it's just a bunch of foreigners talking random shit on an image board - not a serious pitch by a for hire writer or director in contact with Sunrise. That said, I wasn't aware Thunderbolt was originally supposed to be about a non-Gundam.
>>
>>15567314
So something about ECOAS?
>>
File: lt.aldo_raine_efsf.jpg (28KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
lt.aldo_raine_efsf.jpg
28KB, 600x400px
>>15567334
>>15567314
>And what kind of missions would they do, anyway?

Now I don't know about y'all, but I didn't come down from New Yark, cross 1800 kilometers of water, fight my way through half of Odessa and jump out of a fucking Gunperry to teach the spacenoids a lesson in humanity. Spacenoid ain't got no humanity. They are the foot soldiers of a colony-dropping, mass-murderin maniac and they need to be dee-stroyed.
>>
Frankly I would want them to animate the Acguy manga.
>>
make it 4 episode OVA about Feddie special forces infiltrating Side 3 right after Operation British. To obtain data on mobile suits. So the Feds can make their own.
>>
>>15567722
Nice idea. Also gives a big chance to rip-off some Alistair McLean novels.
>>
File: MSVR-Johnny-Ridden-v7-032.png (266KB, 963x1493px) Image search: [Google]
MSVR-Johnny-Ridden-v7-032.png
266KB, 963x1493px
I want an anime about a feddie corrupt making corrupt things.

I already live in a place where this exists but is real life.
>>
>>15567314
Or maybe leave early UC the fuck alone and focus on a different timeline?
>>
File: 1392225643152.png (286KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1392225643152.png
286KB, 640x480px
>>15567314
>Operators
>With 18 meter tall robots
Yes, let's be stealthy with gigantic colony building machines. let's attach silencers onto 120mm guns cause that'll totally work.
>>
File: ECOAS24567809.jpg (146KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ECOAS24567809.jpg
146KB, 1920x1080px
>>15567493
Pretty much.
>>
>>15567965
but what if it's early UC where combat is based on line of sight and sonar?
>>
>>15567972
It still wouldn't make sense since there are giant robots with giant motors in their joints making giant robot noises. Also would the mobile suits start taking cover and dashing from rubble to rubble? And i mean take a look at the way mobile suits hold their weapons. They hold them like pistols and shields would just block whatever vision there is
>>
>>15568014
i'm not versed much in UC gundam at all, just 0079, zeta, war in the pocket and 8th ms so I'm probably talking out my ass here

>It still wouldn't make sense since there are giant robots with giant motors in their joints making giant robot noises.
So the sonar truck would pick those sounds up, but I don't think a pilot would hear that in an MS cockpit turned on wearing a helmet with coms.

>Also would the mobile suits start taking cover and dashing from rubble to rubble?
Yes? We see this kind of fighting in california and in the cities in asia.

>And i mean take a look at the way mobile suits hold their weapons. They hold them like pistols and shields would just block whatever vision there is
At least with the GM shield, there's a vision slit, like a real life police shield.
>>
File: 1395309708509.jpg (242KB, 824x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1395309708509.jpg
242KB, 824x1000px
>>15567493
>So something about ECOAS?
I still wish that would happen. Have something like pic related (but in the latter part of early UC) with anti MS infantry or spec ops going out and sabotaging MS hangars.
>>
>>15567314
Why is Feddy infantry so superior to Zeon?
>>
>>15568145
Zeon relied on mobile suits to control space, and its goals to conquer Earth was to control the seas. Regular infantry doesn't really factor into either theater.
>>
AoZ adaptation plz.
>>
>>15567965
Space, no noise. All they have to do is explain it to the viewers a few times.

I'd watch Metal Gear Solid in space.
>>
>>15568142
Were the pilot helmets only tuned to radio? I thought there was some kind of audio receiver allowing them to hear ambient noise.
>It still wouldn't make sense since there are giant robots with giant motors in their joints making giant robot noises.
Yeah but riot shields are actually only for melee. In a real firefight its over in seconds. Only in wwi or siege situations do you see prolonged firefight. If we extrapolate mobile suits as giant people or operators then a shield would be meaningless when its struck down.

>And i mean take a look at the way mobile suits hold their weapons. They hold them like pistols and shields would just block whatever vision there is
You don't really see operators use ballistic shields since its an "in and out" kind of deal. Thats the thing that always bugged me about giant robots that big, they really fit the role of a highly mobile tank but are treated like infantry it makes no fucking sense.
>>15568223
Yeah, but its presented pretty poorly in the show. The closest we actually have to gundams being operator is thunderbolt. If you take a mobile suit and an infantryman it would be like comparing a club to a missile. The tactics just become different. Where mobile suits really only make sense is space but when you put them on earth there's a bunch of different shit that pulls me out of the fantasy.
>>
>>15567334
That's exactly what the white ogre guy was doing in MS Igloo.
>>
>>15567965
ECOAS Jegans and transforming guntanks.
>>
>>15568300
Yeah that scene never made any sense to me. I mean it was cool but it was like watching a whole company smuggle like a platoon of tanks into a colony like it was nothing. I mean do colonies have large entry ports and shit? You'd have to think about it in terms of logistics too because that much armor and personell takes quite a concerted effort. I mean like I'm a pretty big nerd when it comes to guns and the military. So watching gundam try to be operator always makes me go "what the fuck?"
If gundams were smaller I mean it would work but my main point is that we're talking about taking large bipedal armors and making them stealthy. I mean even the hell divers in patlabor were used in blietzkrieg maneouvres.
>>
A handful of Zeon special forces led by Char infiltrate a Feddie base and destroy an entire battleship before it leaves its base.

A Zeon infantry assault led by Ral would've taken White Base if it wasn't for the plot.

I wonder what else they've accomplished.
>>
>>15568348
What about Char infiltrating Jaburo with the navy boys? That seems to be the 'operator' side of Zeon, like the Arctic Base infiltration too.

>>15568321
Well Gene and Denim get inside side 7 broad daylight with no one noticing lol, guess it isn't patrolled much or some kind of service entrance
>>
>>15567418

Thinking about Anaheim a few weeks back I kind of adjusted my assessment of them. Previously I'd taken the board's general assumption they were war profiteers and always out for a quick buck, but after looking at how often they actually do that and when as well as the history of the company I have somewhat revised my opinion.

Anaheim were formed from former Zeonic employees, and generally only gave suits to the Federation during peace time. They didn't support the Titans at all, choosing AEUG instead and then sold to the Federation again until Char started Neo Zeon at which point they seemed to support him while still giving nominal support to the Federation so as to appear lawful. Outside Char's Counterattack, it's really only in Unicorn they do it. They only sold Cima a unit they'd already built and the Federation had rejected in 0083, and she wasn't even affiliated with Zeon anymore.

More than that though, they largely disappear after Unicorn, not featuring at all in F91 and by the time of Victory they wholly support the League Militaire. Anaheim appears rather anti-authoritarian, and mostly looking to help the underdogs, at least from a production stand point. I'd kind of like to see an Anaheim story, only instead of wanting a Lord of War style story about how greedy and shitty they are like many seem to, I'd like one about the conflicting loyalties and desires former Zeonic employees appear to face and how they try to rebel against the government in non-martial ways.
>>
>>15567722
Wasn't there some anti-Zabi rebellion during the OYW at Side 3? It had a picture in MS Era with a Zaku Fz
>>
>>15568014
>shields would just block whatever vision there is

Mobile suits are covered from head to toe in cameras too small to see from far away, they use cameras mounted on their guns to aim, the eyes are there for seeing extreme distances at high resolution.
>>
File: image.jpg (462KB, 1280x904px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
462KB, 1280x904px
>>15567314
I'd watch a show about Zeon commandos executing feddie POWs like the filthy vermin they are.
>>
>>15568787
Yeah that's another thing. Christ how many cameras does a fucking thing need? It feels like for every doubt I have about gundams there's a guy on here telling me "gundams have x or y". I had a friend tell me that the scopes on the beam rifles of mobile suits are actually sensors or cameras. I mean there has to be a certain point. Also how the fuck are such over designed giant war machines still functional? Is gundanium or lunar metal that great? Wouldn't the cameras break or become scrambled after impact?
>>15568461
That's what I figured out too. They do it in votoms too right?
>>
>>15568672
And make poles write the story.
>>
>>15568875
>Yeah that's another thing. Christ how many cameras does a fucking thing need?
Mobile suits are supposed to have nearly 360 degree vision and sensors, since they do adopt panoramic monitors with 360 degrees of vision. That doesn't mean that the computers can catch everything of interest or that they don't have certain blind spots that the pilot can't see, though. And that only the main cameras in the head are useful for spotting anything at a distance, for the purposes of identification and acquisition.

>It feels like for every doubt I have about gundams there's a guy on here telling me "gundams have x or y".
Oh believe me, as unrealistic as mobile suits go, there have been all kinds of databooks and shit that they have been working on for almost 40 years to try and explain everything about mobile suits.

>I had a friend tell me that the scopes on the beam rifles of mobile suits are actually sensors or cameras.
Yes, they are. They've never been scopes. In all of the designs that I can recall, only one has had what could be called a giant see-through red dot sight instead of a camera.

>Also how the fuck are such over designed giant war machines still functional?
Suspension of disbelief.

>Is gundanium or lunar metal that great?
Have you seen any of the series? They're ridiculously strong supermaterials.

>Wouldn't the cameras break or become scrambled after impact?
See "suspension of disbelief".

>>15568664
Well, what you said isn't all correct. AE already existed before the OYW as a civilian goods giant, buying Zeonic and Zimmad after the war got them into the war business. They cooperated with the EFF to develop the Hizack, and later gave the Marasai to the Titans when threatened. Certain MSV background info also tells us that the Titans gave AE a Prototype Psyco Gundam as part of a deal to develop a new MP Psyco Gundam. AE also gave the Sturm Dias design to Axis Zeon while under threats from them.
>>
>>15569545

The Hizack was developed before the Titans really got out of control and everything else is "threatened", which doesn't say anything about motive. Except the MP Psyco Gundam, which I'd never even heard they were involved in (not surprising for a fairly minor comic thing really). Even that though is sketchy since details are slim and it could be another case of threats producing collaboration or Anaheim wanting to get the MP prototype so as to study technology. Mostly though I'd just view it as irrelevant given it's from an MSV side story.
>>
>>15567390
>for some reason this reminds me of zeonic front missions, that game fucking owned and I wish I still had it
That game for as good as it was, had some goofy as hell AI that made it rage inducing sometimes. Either they'd one shot you before you saw it coming or you could sneak right up on 'em from the side and chop them down with mele. Vid related is someone abusing all that sneaking stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnBJ90l5uK8

>>15567334
>I still want one based on the creation of the SAS in WWII, with Federation operatives operating in enemy territory, using Zeon suits and uniforms to steal their technology, steal funds, kidnap or assassinate high ranking Zeon commanders and generally disrupt the war efforts using unconventional methods that fall outside standard doctrine. By putting it within enemy territory you can show the humanity of Zeon while maintaining their position as the enemy too.

>>15567439
>Something like Guns of Navarone, but in space.

^ pretty much how I'd imagine it too, SAS seeing as so much of the OYW is WWII
>>
File: Rx-79g-machinegun.jpg (10KB, 300x133px) Image search: [Google]
Rx-79g-machinegun.jpg
10KB, 300x133px
>>15568787
>they use cameras mounted on their guns to aim
Not trying to be pedantic, but even on grunt guns like the 79 G machine gun? It would make the most sense that the weapons had cameras that feed back to the cockpit hud to aim rather than use iron sights.
>>
File: gundam0083_weapons7a.jpg (211KB, 1050x800px) Image search: [Google]
gundam0083_weapons7a.jpg
211KB, 1050x800px
>>15570176
Not all guns have cameras, but the vast majority do. You picked one of the few that don't. Nearly every model of 120mm Zaku machine gun and the standard 90mm GM rifles do have a camera.

Other than the 100mm Ground type machine gun you posted, there are a couple of other weapons, like the Zaku MMP-80 machine guns and the Augusta GM style machine guns that seem to lack integrated cameras, maybe to save on manufacturing costs, materials, and/or time.
>>
>>15572378
thanks for the info. another question then: do all mobile suits have that chip in their hands that connect into the gun's grip? wish I had a picture, but you see it in 8th MS when one of the gundam's is grabbing for a beam rifle iirc. going to guess that's the connection port for the gun camera, but would that also cover firing as well? gets a bit confusing seeing some MS weapons with physical triggers and some don't.
>>
>>15568268
>If we extrapolate mobile suits as giant people or operators then a shield would be meaningless when its struck down.

I thought the point of a shield was to be disposable armor that could take at least one shot for the MS so the pilot would have another chance at the enemy.
>>
>>15572775
The plug things are mostly for beam weapons, iirc. Unicorn made a mention of how Fed and Zeek stuff are compatible so Anaheim can cut costs.
>>
File: helmet.jpg (191KB, 992x960px) Image search: [Google]
helmet.jpg
191KB, 992x960px
>>15568268
>Were the pilot helmets only tuned to radio? I thought there was some kind of audio receiver allowing them to hear ambient noise.
I'm going off pic related that I found and my own headcanon/how military vehicles work irl. I'm also assuming zeon has it's own version of the sonar truck or their mobile suits can use sonar
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.