[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Zeta supposed to be a "war drama"? Because it was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1425692829605.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1425692829605.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
Was Zeta supposed to be a "war drama"? Because it was an unintentionally comedic series to me.

I couldn't take any of the stuff that was happening on screen seriously. But then came ZZ and it finally showed Tomino's true colours, as the master comedian.
>>
>>15565806
I agree
>>
>>15565806
ok.
>>
You could probably hide CP on /m/ seeing as there's fuckall moderation
>>
>>15565806
>But then came ZZ and it finally showed Tomino's true colours, as the master comedian.
ZZ is th funniest anime ever made
>>
First evil female MC as well.
>>
>>15565829
But it's not an anime!
>>
>>15565826
Having a opinion you don't like isn't against the rules.
>>
>>15567178

It's nothing to do with opinions, it's how what few moderators there are clearly don't care about policing this place.
>>
File: 1395111739324.jpg (85KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1395111739324.jpg
85KB, 960x720px
>>15565806
>unintentionally
Yeah there was no light-heartedness in Zeta ever, you're right

Imagine being so autistic that you need Looney Tunes-tier slapstick comedy in order to enjoy something.
>>
>>15566443
>But it's not an anime!
I don't even understand what the fuck he meant by that
>>
>>15567206
Nigga, you better not be dissing Looney Tunes. I don't know if that's what you're saying, but it better not be what you're saying
>>
>>15567587
Nope, just that I don't think throwing oranges and chasing chickens belongs in a mecha anime that has a big arc where millions of people die because their government wants fewer mouths to feed.
>>
>>15567593
It's because of those shitty genocidal events that more lighthearted moments can be truly appreciated as a contrast. On occasion.
>>
>>15567605
Yeah I loved it when we went from a loli throwing a tantrum about not having her baths to Dublin being wiped out for no reason at all, no mood whiplash there.
>>
>>15565806
I just finished zeta and fucking hell I was so ready for it to be over, it wasn't really bad but like op says I couldn't take anything seriously. The characters were nothing like real people and I could barely relate to any of them. I laughed during some death scenes they were so poorly written. I was watching the dub which was def a mistake but oh well, now i'm watching ZZ subbed and i'm honestly liking it a bit better, there is some intentional comedy to balance out when something non comedic is so stupid I can't help but laugh. Only 6 eps into zz tho so we will see how it goes.
>>
>>15565806

It has cool character designs, fashion, and robot designs.

I didn't care for it as a show.
>>
>>15565806
Honestly Tomino is best either full grim dark or wacky comedy. The original Gundam and L-Gaim are the only two in-betweens that work well.
>>
>>15568656
Glad we're on the same page. The poorly written scenes made it hard to give a shit about anything going on.
>>
>>15567196
They're not the Thought Police, and they're not here to safeguard your hugbox.
>>
>>15567584
Its supposed to be Judau's point of view on the whole situation but it became super meme status.
>>
>>15568656
Most of the characters are nothing like real people.
>>
Did Xabungle, King Gainer and Daitarn not tip you off?
>implying shitposters actually watch anything
>>
>>15572938
All of these are way better than Zeta
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.