[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /m/, your thoughts on the new Super-Space Marine mecha?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 13

File: redemptor dreadnought.jpg (169KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
redemptor dreadnought.jpg
169KB, 1024x576px
So /m/, your thoughts on the new Super-Space Marine mecha?

https://youtu.be/jGyR5n_3kIg
>>
i dont get it , is this supposed to be a king sized dread for this roided up marines?
a new frame for a standard marine sarcophagus with bigger guns for the new dinamyc that they intend to set up for vehicles that all of them count as monster creatures instead of having plating/armor
they never got the memo that the baby carrier knight was stupid ?

so many fucking questions...
>>
File: dread_colors.jpg (308KB, 766x273px) Image search: [Google]
dread_colors.jpg
308KB, 766x273px
>>15565504

>The smell and look of Rogue Trader Dread
>>
What are these "knees" it now has?
>>
>>15565504
Have they came out and said that they're ripping off Destroids yet? Wake me when they do
>>
>>15565504
pretty cool.
I'm glad they kept the boxnaught look.
>>
>>15565554
it always had knees, only covered behind the leg plate
>>
File: TOY-RBT-3949_06.jpg (109KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
TOY-RBT-3949_06.jpg
109KB, 600x700px
>>15565504
>>
>>15565504
Not bad for a western mech.
>>
>>15565504
They finally gave the dreadnaught knees?
>>
>>15565504
these new marines must suck if they're already being interred
>>
>>15565504
Something about bolter tits is mildly offputting. The overall aesthetic isn't bad.
>>
>>15565791
I know but now the knees actually look like knees.
>>
GUE'LA TREACHERY! YOU INFRINGE OUR PATENTS!
>>
Are these for the Primaris Marines? It stands to reason that bigger Space Marines need bigger Dreads.
>>
>>15565964

Expect Bjorn's new model being a primaris Contemptor Dread soon
>>
File: 1495926563646.png (570KB, 650x610px) Image search: [Google]
1495926563646.png
570KB, 650x610px
>>
>>15565504
I joked that the Primaris dreadnought would just be the standard dreadnought with slightly longer limbs. I hate being right.
>>
File: 1495933304824.png (117KB, 786x611px) Image search: [Google]
1495933304824.png
117KB, 786x611px
>>
File: 1495433281434.png (359KB, 1262x1445px) Image search: [Google]
1495433281434.png
359KB, 1262x1445px
>>15566276
>>
I really hate that they are trying to push true-scale Marines on people who don't want or care them by giving them superior crunch. It doesn't help that the fluff behind them is lazy ass-pull bullshit. Also these are going to look dumb being on the same table as heroic scale minis. I don't mind the dreadnought too much, bigger dread patterns do exist, but it is not very original.
>>
>>15566377
they're actually doing it well.
the primaris bolter marines area bit better than a refular marine. but they cost twice as many points. From a gameplay perspective they're not better, just different.
>>
>>15566208

I can't tell if this is slightly less or slightly more stupid than a regular Dreadknight
>>
They look decent. I kind of miss the shin plates from the old boxnaught, but whatever. Knees are nice. The legs seem just short enough to keep the general walking box concept, but just long enough to have knees.

The arms look great. The bolter tits are an interesting riff on the the old boxnaught look, and I think it looks pretty good, though it might have been better if one side was guns and the other side was sensors.

I am not a fan of the viewport area. The old slab-faced sarcaphagous was my favorit bit of the old design, and the new cockpit type area completely ruins the lines of the front of the thing. Also, I wish it had the sensors in one of hte side torsos, as it is, the thing is maybe a little more symmetric than it ought to be.

The minigun is cool, but the little rocket pod on top is a bit out of place.
>>
>>15565510
Yeah, I think there's one of those Primaris marines in there.

>>15565921
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The primaris guys were literally just brought out in the lore, they're brand-new, but they're already laid up in Dreadnoughts. Then again, maybe it's not surprising a few already bought it because parts of the Imperium are in really dire straits, like all the xenos are converging on the Blood Angels, so I've heard.
>>
>>15565510
still looks better than the dreadknight in almost all aspects.
>>
>>15565921
I assume that these new dreadnoughts are now the new current pattern dreadnoughts. The whole point of the primaris marines and anything coming out of this is to replace loses suffered from the 13th black crusade.
>>
>>15566997
the new lore includes it being possible to upgrade regular marines into primaris marines.

in the same vein the first batch of these new dreads could be piloted by interred regular marines.
>>
>>15566314
He'd make a good Salamander.

>>15567019
Not exactly an accomplishment.
>>
>>15567022
Oooh, that would make sense. The Imperium certainly needs to upgrade its tech as much as it can, I don't see how else they could compete with the new chaos rift, more Nids, and all that stuff.
>>
>>15567029
and replenish their numbers considering that LOTS OF MARINES died in the 13th black crusade and the terran crusade. They're literally exist to replenish all dem casualties that MANY chapters suffered in those battles.
>>
>>15565504

Haven't kept up with 40k in about 5 years or so.

What the fuck is a Primaris marine?
>>
>>15567056
Embiggened Marines. Rather than just say "these new slightly bigger Marine models are an update, like when we changed some of the older, smaller miniatures" GW have come up with a retarded fluff explanation. More retarded than normal, even.
>>
File: superior design.jpg (74KB, 612x391px) Image search: [Google]
superior design.jpg
74KB, 612x391px
>>15566208
>>
Also, since this is the Warhammer thread I thought I'd post it here. It looks like Alan Bligh died recently--I didn't know who he was until I'd heard the news, but it seems like he was responsible for a lot of 40k lore and unit design, like a lot of the tanks and walkers in the Imperial Armour manuals and stuff. Shiiit, it seems like this is a tough year for /m/en, Norio Shioyama passed recently and then an influential 40k designer too :(
>>
>>15567062

how retarded?
>>
>>15566417
Doing it well would just be releasing true-scale miniatures without unique stats, gear, and lore. All Primaris marines do is one-up regular Space Marines, it is an obvious ploy to sell these miniatures to a consumer base that would not have been interested otherwise.
>>
>>15567083
HE'S SO CUTE
>>
>>15567174

guillimans back, and he rung up a techpriest that he asked to make better marines after the horus heresy.

hey presto, after 10k years of R&D the arch-magos has come up with a steroid crash course to make marines tougher than usual (2 wound marines)

while he was at it he got bored waiting for guilliman to return because he was such a recluse he hadn't even heard that he was dead, so he decided to perform a little tech heresy and write up the designs for an entirely new line of armor and weapon systems for the numarines.

then he got bored again and decided to derail abbadons crusade on cadia

he ran into a necron klepto and on the way there called trayzn the infinite (some necrons have personalities now, they're basically tomb kings in space) and theey decided to use an ancient necron weapon to try to close the eye of terror, the mysterious structures on cadia.

they get there and trayzn thows out an entire armies worth of tesseract labyrinth warriors (including a custodes) as reinforcements for what was left of creeds forces.

creed also had a mission of sisters of battle on planet defending the las cannon control arrays for the planets orbital defences, so abbadon sends a army of demons led by a demon prince, the prince slaughters most of the sisters and is about to destroy the control console when saint celestine decends from the heavens and smites his ass. then she brings back the two cannonesses that were leading the sisters and has them fly around with her while an army of seraphim follow in her wake and begin to forceback the chaos marines

then the space wolves board the blackstone fortress abbadon brought to blow up the planet and start smashing everything in sight, the machine spirit within the fortress is actually helping them do it because it was built to fight chaos and refuses to be a tool of chaos, but they're getting whittled down until the imperial fists super fortress phalanx arrives and blows it up.
>>
File: Chaos Gods Created..jpg (228KB, 1249x1295px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Gods Created..jpg
228KB, 1249x1295px
>>15567482

after that a bunch of shit happens, the pylons activate and start banishing all the demons but celestine loses her power too when this happens as she's midway through a fight with abbadon.

while they were both empowered the fight was evenly matched but after they both lose their powers celestine is just a human in power armour and abaddons a space marine in terminator armour so the fight starts to go poorly for her. creed sees this so he rallies whats left of his forces and moves forward to assist her, abaddons body guard slaughters most of them but enough guardsmen get close to start fighting the now weakened abaddon. abaddon slaughters them and even kills colour sargent kell with a bolt from the talon of horus, then picks up creed and starts gloating about how cadia has fallen when celestine gets up off the ground and stabs him in the spine with her sword, abaddon gets seriously injured from this and has to get away from the planet to recover, but uses rockets strapped to his blackstone fortress to crash the structure onto the planet, killing many of his troops in the process but destroying cadia

everyone important gets off planet except for creed who gets kidnapped by the necron who has "plans for him" and they flee cadia and the expanding eye of terror before getting rescued by the eldar.

turns out that while this was happening the eldar managed to use the upsurge of warp juice to kickstart the birth of their new god ynnead and now lead by a new leader figure they decide to help unify humanity to fight chaos.

they are gonna do this by using their newfound super ghost powers to bring guilliman back from the dead. so OFF TO ULTRAMAR THEY GO
>>
File: Guilliman Wakes Up.jpg (62KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Guilliman Wakes Up.jpg
62KB, 480x480px
>>15567514

they head to ultramar and have to endure massive amounts of shit in the process to get their, with the webway falling to pieces after the birth of ynnead and the eye of terror expanding and linking up with the malestrom in a single super warpstorm that splits the galaxy in half everyone is currently swimming in daemons, however between celestine and the blessing of ynnead they manage to reach ultramar just in time for the black legion to start invading it. abaddon has been told that if guilliman wakes up things are going to get very complicated very quickly so he sends a bunch of legionnaires to stop the "good" guys from reaching macragge. the ultramarines are doing the best they can but they're losing so they consolidate all their forces on ultramar to protect guillimans corpse.

the eldar imperial alliance arrives and cawl has cooked up a new suit of armour for guilliman to keep him going, with the eldar witch and prophet of ynnead called the yvvraine planning to jumpstart guilliman so the armour can do its work and keep him alive they have the perfect plan to get a primarch back.

unfortunately the ultra marines are not about to let a random group of eldar and misfit imperials into the heart of ultramar in the middle of a daemon invasion so the gang has to sneak in, abusing the webway and lead into the throne room by a harlequin just as the black legion break into it and gun for guillimans life support machine.

the ultramarines are distracted and hold them off while cawl switches off his life support and guilliman dies, then the yvvraine binds his soul to his body to stop him getting consumed by the warp while the cawl puts guilliman in his new armour. after that is done the yvvraine jumpstarts his soul and guilliman comes back to life, and proceeds to beat the everloving shit out of the black legion, using his incredible tactical ability and combat prowess he pushes the black legion off of ultramar and secures the planet.
>>
nuMarines fucking blow.
>>
>>15567514
>>15567536

it would be easier if you could link the Dakka dakka article of it

Also Yvraine = Ultimate waifu and mon'keigh friendly

Jain zar is now younger and at her prime thanks to Ynnead, Bobby G is more fucking reasonable than big E and his asshole methods

and its hinted that Sanguinius may had survived somehow

also BAAL sector, besides baal itself was almost Nom Nom by the nids, and the one who saved them was Ka'bantha because Games Workshop remembered that Khorne is a Honor Guy in fantasy and He wants to Kill or corrupt them by Himself

and Guilliman who showed up with his new FUCKHUEG crusader fleet and tore a new hole on the entire Leviathan fleet
>>
File: Magnus And Guilliman Fight.jpg (272KB, 800x797px) Image search: [Google]
Magnus And Guilliman Fight.jpg
272KB, 800x797px
>>15567536

then a bunch of more shit happens as guilliman realises how shit the imperium has gotten and goes off to terra to ask the high lords what the fuck has happened, one thing leads to another and guilliman ends up being named the lord commander of the imperiums forces and the defacto ruler of the imperium after fighting magnus and the thousand sons with the eldar and the humans for control of the moon.

he tells cawl to get his shit together and honor the oath he made to gulliman 10k years ago after the heresy and cawl starts churning out the equipment neccessary to produce a new breed of space marines for a new great crusade to reunite the imperium called the indominous crusade.

and thats where primarines come from.

TL:DR shit has hit the fan, and primarchs are coming back, great crusade two electric boogaloo is now here
>>
File: Saint Celestine.jpg (72KB, 1024x574px) Image search: [Google]
Saint Celestine.jpg
72KB, 1024x574px
>>15567544

speaking as a blood angels player, papa sang is dead as shit, he's almost as dead as horus.

and baals still under threat from the tendrils of leviathan, guilliman hasn't been able to send him any aid yer because the galaxy has been torn in half

yvraine is top waifu tho, almost as good as celestine
>>
>>15567558

NOOPe

it was leaked already, look on tg and faeit

Saved by Girlyman and Ka'Banha, the BL will receive primaris soon, which means that all key BL characters will be upgraded to Primaris

also it appears that GeeDibs will retcon the finale of that said battle
>>
>>15567572
Dang, really? I thought than Sanguinius' sacrifice was one of the most poignant moments of the Horus Heresy, I wouldn't have thought they'd retcon it. Well, they have a Guilliman model, maybe they're trying to get as many Primarchs as they can onto the tabletop for more cashmoney.
>>
>>15568458
>I wouldn't have thought they'd retcon it.
Didn't they turn Ollanius Pius into an astartes or custodes or something? After that, I wouldn't expect them to hold anything sacred, regardless of how good it may have been.
>>
>>15568458
GW's going retcon crazy. It's pretty clear from the AOS rule and all this crazy plot shake up that they were planning on Age of Emperor-ing 40k, but they pulled back after the backlash with Age of Sigmar.
>>
Was dow III really all that bad?
>>
>>15572035
If you can look past nonarguments like MUH MOBA and MUH SJW then you'll find a lackluster game that offers no real reason to play it over the original other than the comparatively populated multiplayer. It's not horrific nor is it great and it's entirely playable but nothing really spurs you on. It's a game by any definition and it's extremely unremarkable for better or worse.
>>
>>15572065
>MUH SJW
>40k
wut
>>
>>15565504
>no skirt armour

I feel insulted
>>
>>15572068
Not even 40k is safe anymore.

https://www.themarysue.com/warhammer-40k-gender-representation/
>>
>>15572065

Which is why I hope it lasts long enough for us to get some expansion races,
>>
>>15567545
thnaks mate , thats a lot of lore i had no idea had happened, since i´m an eldarfag i just kenw about ynnead
>>
>>15567536
soo basically guilliams new body is fuckhuge because is basically a super fancy dreadnought power armor? or primarchs were always 20 feet tall ? not quite versed in imperial lore....
>>
>>15567545
damn, shit is getting hot, some retarded decision here and there I suppose, but this being GW I am not surprised.

Hate to ask, but anywhere I can download the novel/campaign report/short stories/whatever about this?
>>
>>15572068
People are unironically crying about the black Librarian from the earlier DoW games.
>>
>>15572159
Dunno about 20, but they were always larger than the average astartes.
>>
>>15572435

The only valid complaint is they changed his voice. But then they changed everyone's voices because they used british voicework instead of canadian.
>>
>>15567545
So who next to comeback? Rogal? Vulkan? The hawkboy? even if that means going againts everthing said until this point about his death
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.