[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Modern anime is all shit because every single one of them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: jar.jpg (42KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
jar.jpg
42KB, 1024x576px
>Modern anime is all shit because every single one of them uses CGI!
>Now excuse me while I nostalgiafag over Zoids and Initial D.
>>
>/m/ is of one opinion
Back to /a/ with you, normalfaggot.
>>
>>15562215
>pls leave my hugbox ;(
>>
>>15562209
CG isn't the problem, it's just a tool. The problem is most anime productions don't know how to properly utilize CG.
>>
File: gassed.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gassed.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>15562209
The CGI is unfortunate in Initial D and gets worse every part, but even the slideshow animation outside of the cars is better than choppy fully CG characters. Also, not /m/.
>>
>>15562218
That's the opposite of what he's saying though
>>
>>15562532
>but even the slideshow animation outside of the cars is better than choppy fully CG characters.
>no animation is better than some animation
Autism.
>>
>>15562532
>The CGI is unfortunate in Initial D and gets worse every part
But the CG only improves after First Stage.
>>
>>15562587
A decent looking drawing is better than a headache inducing mess.
>>15562599
That was a bit poorly thought out on my part, the CGI doesn't really get worse but the 2D animation has gotten more and more awkward in every part, and the CG really served the same purpose throughout the entire show.
>>
>>15562209
I think everyone's just upset about the sheer prevalence of CG nowadays. Shit like Zoids at least used to exist alongside some nice 2D animation, even if it was digital 2D, but now even that is becoming increasingly rare and we're starting to get CG for ridiculous shit like houses and other backgrounds that don't even have any animation to them.
>>
I dunno man I'm watching Kado: The Right Answer right now and while I can tell that something's CG I don't think it's bad.
>>
>>15562618
>anything that moves at more than 2fps is headache inducing
Found the console peasant.
>>
>>15562779
What the fuck are you talking about? The problem is choppy CG, not fast CG. If anime studios would stop varying their animation frame rates anywhere from 6 fps to 24 fps then maybe I could stand it, but as it currently stands no motion is better than shitty motion. Also
>video games
>>>/v/
>>
>>15562727
It does feel like the people working on Kado actually understand the weak points of toon-shaded 3DCG and try to compensate for them and is probably one of the better attempts so far. That said, I still get that strange sense of relief whenever the occasional handdrawn cut shows up (like the hum of the AC you've been filtering out suddenly stopping, that feeling).

>>15562789
Problem is, it's not just a matter of having the renderer generate more in-between frames; to have smooth motion, even in 3DCG, you need to put in more work, which goes against the whole reason 3DCG is typically used in the first place: to save cost.
For example, consider mouth flaps. If you want smooth mouth motion, you pretty much need lip syncing; look at any mid-budget videogame where the mouth just opens and closes while a character is talking like they do in anime, just at a smooth framerate, for the reason why. At the same time, you can't just have the mouth move choppily while everything else moves smoothly (see Snack World for an example of that).
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.