[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know, besides A CHAR, that's some surprisingly good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

You know, besides A CHAR, that's some surprisingly good English for a 1980s anime
>>
>>15561308
I like to pretend that in the future of UC, all the people speak some kind of future English which is different than modern English like how modern English is different from Ye Olde English.
>>
>>15561308
I vaguely recall there was a letter in Macross that was surprisingly well written.
>>
>>15561308
But A CHAR is correct.

He knows about all the eventual clones of Char
>>
File: 1489018235352.png (392KB, 451x619px) Image search: [Google]
1489018235352.png
392KB, 451x619px
>>15561633
>>
File: 1452333915011.jpg (51KB, 540x429px) Image search: [Google]
1452333915011.jpg
51KB, 540x429px
>>15561308
>you will never know what it's like to wish you were gay
>>
>>15561582
I know what you're talking about, but I can't remember the context.
>>
>>15561682
>>15561582
It was Minmei's acceptance letter for the..... Miss Macross contest?
>>
>>15561582
Not /m/ but my favourite was Kenny Loggin's Danger Zone in Sailor Moon
>>
>>15561680
He's insulting Hayato
>seeing your shitty wife and kids makes me wish i was gay
>>
>>15561689
That sounds right. It was definitely very early on.
>>
>>15561689
in DYRL the lyrics that Minmay gets handed are in English too
>>
>>15561680
It says 'I wish I were you'.
>>
>>15561308
I don't have it saved but late into Iron Blooded Orphans, Eco and Azee Turbine send an email to Tekkadan, and it's basically perfect English.
>>
File: Guy doesn't Believe It.gif (1MB, 230x155px) Image search: [Google]
Guy doesn't Believe It.gif
1MB, 230x155px
>>15561633
n-no
this can't be
>>
>>15561308
>some Jap actually greenlighted Kaji speaking English in this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN9GiMFWKPE

I feel like they had an excuse back when they made Zeta... not so much when this came out
>>
>>15562746
goob rag
>>
File: 14293501583924.jpg (147KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
14293501583924.jpg
147KB, 960x720px
>>
>>15561680

You haven't been on this site long enough then, the traps will turn you eventually.
>>
Cross Ange still has the best english letter

I, Angelise Ikaruga Mitsurugi, wish to here provide an explanation regarding the altercation which occurred at the bathhouse between myself and Squadron Number One Captain Thalia.
On the occasion of my daily sorties, my performance has been spectacular, and thinking about it now this was more than enough to make Captain Thalia jealous. However, for my part, I knew nothing of the captain's envy and unfounded slandering of me, and I had no idea whatsoever about the captain's mounting day-to-day stress.
Even when the captain came to me at the bathhouse my only thought was that she had come to praise my usual work, Further, even when Captain Thalia came at me with a knife, I though that this was a unique manifestation of the captain's affection and I accepted the challenge without a thought.
I knocked away the captain's knife, and after some bare-handed fighting, we entered into a battle with scrubbing brushes, and I felt that it was actually beating her that would meet her expectations, and so before I knew it, I had won a total victory. As far as this goes, I believe my behavior is as it normally is in my day-to-day life, but I have come to learn through this incident that my being elegant and luxurious causes some people to feel envy.
I am guilty of no wrongdoing or misconduct in this incident, and I myself am not to blame in the slightest, so I can improve nothing, but if it may be said that the mere perfection of my existence begat it, then I do offer some apology.
>>
>>15563477
>I am guilty of no wrongdoing or misconduct in this incident, and I myself am not to blame in the slightest, so I can improve nothing, but if it may be said that the mere perfection of my existence begat it, then I do offer some apology.
Fucking savage
>>
>>
>>15563477
Best part is, that's just one page of what I remember as a forty-page repentance essay. Just imagine what the other ones would've said.
>>
>>15562746
It's been a while since I watched 2.22, did they change the dialogue in this scene at all other than having J. Michael Tatum speak better English than Koichi Yamadera?
>>
>>15563457
Classic. What would I have to do to get my hands on a Crazy Danc'n Yamada?
>>
>>15561308
>>15561633
No, no. There's just some missing punctuation and capitalization.

He's "A, Char". As in, Char Aznable.
>>
>>15561308
>I wish I were you
I like that detail. Kinda somber. Zeta was always good with that sort of subtlety.

Wish we learned more about Kai post-0079 outside of that shit Unicorn fanfiction.
>>
>>15563953

I think the best part is you can automatically tell Ange didn't write it because after like episode 2, she never referred to herself as Angelise. Only Momoka does that.
>>
>>15565216
>I wish I were you
I'm sure he was glad he wasn't him at 0088 though.
>>
>>15561308
>>15561582
The best English I've seen in anime was actually from Cross Ange:

"I, Angelise Ikaruga Mitsurugi, wish to here provide an explanation regarding the altercation which occurred at the bathhouse between myself and Squadron Number One Captain Thalia.

On the occasion of my daily sorties, my performance has been spectacular, and thinking about it now this was more than enough to make Captain Thalia jealous. However, for my part, I knew nothing of the captain's envy and unfounded slandering of me, and I had no idea whatsoever about the captain's mounting day-to-day stress.

Even when the captain came to me at the bathhouse my only thought was that she had come to praise my usual work, Further, even when Captain Thalia came at me with a knife, I though that this was a unique manifestation of the captain's affection and I accepted the challenge without a thought.

I knocked away the captain's knife, and after some bare-handed fighting, we entered into a battle with scrubbing brushes, and I felt that it was actually beating her that would meet her expectations, and so before I knew it, I had won a total victory. As far as this goes, I believe my behavior is as it normally is in my day-to-day life, but I have come to learn through this incident that my being elegant and luxurious causes some people to feel envy.

I am guilty of no wrongdoing or misconduct in this incident, and I myself am not to blame in the slightest, so I can improve nothing, but if it may be said that the mere perfection of my existence begat it, then I do offer some apology."
>>
>>15562731
Kudelia also teaches Tekkedan how to read and write English. When they join the mafia Naze makes a point of explaining Kanji to Mikazuki. All writing in IBO outside of Teiwaz ceremonies is English, and in universe that's what everybody speaks. The dub is literally more accurate, the show just happened to be made in Japan.
>>
>>15567624
iirc UC is "really" speaking English too, that's supposedly why MS Era was English only for so long.
>>
>>15563457
>3DOGS+12COCK

What did they mean by this?
>>
Nothing will ever surpass Nadia's opening "don't forget to try in mind". To these days no one knows what the fuck they meant.
>>
File: v2.jpg (2MB, 1648x5208px) Image search: [Google]
v2.jpg
2MB, 1648x5208px
>>15561680
But we do, Anon.
>>
I should go through Bubblegum Crisis and cap some of the hilarious (handwritten) English computer screen displays.
>>
File: 10000000decasedcops.jpg (12KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
10000000decasedcops.jpg
12KB, 360x270px
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-03-28-02h53m37s181.png (2MB, 1512x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-03-28-02h53m37s181.png
2MB, 1512x1080px
Isamu's Parsonal Data Bank here was also pretty good.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.