[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about how dope Getter Robo is >He posts on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

Let's talk about how dope Getter Robo is
>He posts on /m/ but hasn't read the whole Getter Saga
You have five seconds to explain yourself
>>
Musashi is fucking dead!
>>
>>15560981
>He posts on /m/ but hasn't read the whole Getter Saga
yes i fucking have piss off you don't know me
>>
>>15560981
Too busy reading Devilman.
>>
Why bother when I can just watch Gurren lagann
>>
>It's a newfag pretends his first series wasn't Gurren Lagann by shoving Getter in everyone's face episode.

The early manga is fine but far from a masterpiece, the series is even worse, Armageddon is a fucking mess that only gets redeemed by a few impressive visual moments and the other spin offs are mediocre at best.

People aren't missing out on much, just play the units in SRW games or something.
>>
>>15561552
T. pablo
>>
>You have five seconds to explain yourself

I've read Getter Robo, Getter Robo Go, and a Devilman crossover that had Queen Getter in it. I think I read Shin. What happens in Shin again?
>>
>>15561630
Did you not read G or Arc?

Shin explains what happened between G and Go, showing the creation of Shin Getter and the destruction of Saotome labs.
>>
>>15561940
I haven't read Arc because it's forever incomplete. How much am I missing out?
>>
>>15562021
Even in its incomplete state, Arc's pretty damn good. I'd recommend it.
>>
File: 3.jpg (133KB, 728x1074px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
133KB, 728x1074px
>>15562021
Arc is a very good series in itself, it shows how bleak the future is, you get to see how absurdly powerful Emperor is ( it crushes a rift in space time with its fucking hand and blows up a planet with a simple Getter Beam), truly paints the perspective that Getter is a moral gray area, has some really cool concepts, and asks some interesting questions about ethics. While the Getter team isn't the most memorable, stiff competition since the Getter teams are always pretty fucking iconic, they are still pretty good with the Getter 2 pilot being especially interesting. Kamui and Takuma are pretty solid, just Baku is a worse version of Gai in that he had little presence.

While it doesn't have a concrete ending it somewhat closes off the series still and is a better endpoint than Go is. The final scene we get to see depicts Getter Saint Dragon rising from the Earth and the stage has officially been set for the Earth to become the hell which Ryoma saw in Shin Getter.

Also Getter Arc looks fucking cool, it's Getter Devilman. The two other forms are cool too.
>>
>>15562040
>>15562041
thanks, senpaitachis. But i gotta know one thing before i read it. Will the pilot of Getter-3 die?
>>
>>15562041
I'm just pissed we'll never find out what, exactly, the Bug was and how it was supposed to stop Emperor.
>>
>>15562054
>spoiler
No though it's kinda implied he would have because the final scene is a showdown and all pilots are accounted for except for Baku. There is a coup that was going to happen that jeopardized all of humanity that we didn't get to see since Ishikawa died, Baku probably was one of the ones who died in it.

>>15562063
The thing is Emperor knew EVERYTHING that happened in Arc, they knew it would come to the future they knew it would help them kill the Andromeda country. My guess is the bug was meant to stop Arc or stop the resurrection of Emperor when it rose from Mars. But I don't see the Dino Getter standing a fucking chance against Getter Saint Dragon tag teamed with an Arc that probably would go full Getter overdrive. The bug either failed or would have ended up causing the future that allowed Emperor to rise up.
>>
>>15562070
Be that as it may, a loose end's a loose end. Would have been interesting to see how it played out.
>>
>>15562063
>>15562070
>>15562110
Wait, Ishikawa had another series featuring a robot named Bug. Was it intended to be the same one?
>>
I always believe that if Ken is still alive at some point he would merge Getter and Kyomu Senki into one continuity considered those two pretty much are brother stories run alongside each other for a looong time (from the 80s' and 90s' all the way to 00s') with very similar ideas and atmosphere
The Emperor can be like a third force in the war like the Tiger or something
>>
>>15562110
It's a shame but Arc is a better end point than Go/Shin is, because Arc explores a lot of the questions that those series ask. Besides its not like it was intentionally left where it was, the series was taking a small break to find a new magazine since the last one went under (it was literally only kept afloat by Arc) and then Ishikawa met an untimely death.

>>15562123
Nah Seton Wars Fielder Bug is completely unrelated.
>>
File: huri-da-bagu2_161.jpg (245KB, 827x1200px) Image search: [Google]
huri-da-bagu2_161.jpg
245KB, 827x1200px
>>15562123
"Bug" isn't the name of the robot, it's the race of people who can pilot those robot
The Bug in Arc is based on this particulars Seiken Suit
>>
>>15562040
>>15562041
Lies. Arc is shit.
>>
>>15561576
Where does this meme that spics hate Getter come from? All Pablos I know that are into old school mecha fucking love Getter, myself included.
>>
>>15561018
He's replaceable.
>>
>>15561552
>Assume
Makes an ass out of you and me
But mostly you, take your 15 year old attitude back to /v/
Sick of this tryhard contrarian shit, it doesn't make you cool
Been trying to explain to you tykes for years that posting obviously fake opinions isn't what bait is supposed to be - don't you have anything better to do with your time?
>>
>>15562021
Did you ever read "The Lady and the Tiger" in Middle School English?
Jesus dude, we literally know how Getter ends, the team conquers the universe via clones and a Getter fleet.
It's the best cliffhanger of all time read that shit you lame duck
The final page of arc explains Ryomas vision of future earth from before
TOTAL LIST OF UNANSWERED QUESTIONS IN GETTER ARC
1. Whatever happened to Hayato
Wow, that's it. Now go read it
>>
>>15567742
Because when Shin Mazinger came out we had old Mexicans here getting asshurt about "not muh Mazinger" because apparently only shitty Toei was allowed to do Mazin to them
It got transferred to Gundam rager during his early period when he focused on Getter. He's even posting ITT
>>
>>15569662
>>15569673
>>15569682
All me
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.