[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does SEED actually get a lot better in its second half or did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

File: kgjcihg.png (960KB, 1137x612px) Image search: [Google]
kgjcihg.png
960KB, 1137x612px
Does SEED actually get a lot better in its second half or did I just experience Stockholm Syndrome?
>>
>>15560079
You're simply forming your own opinion.
There's nothing wrong with liking it, only overly vocal /m/anchildten would say otherwise.
>>
The gundams are the only good thing about seed.
>>
>>15560079
>0079
Nice get.
Also, I never made it past the first episode or two. Am I a bad person? I couldn't handle the art style, or Kira and his friend's interactions.
>>
>>15560079
It improves in some aspects towards the end but also starts laying the groundwork for how Destiny will ruin the entire setting beyond salvaging.
>>
>>15560107
You spelled felcher gundam wrong
>>
>>15560107
>ruin the entire setting beyond salvaging
I haven't watched Destiny myself but Stargazer did pretty well
>>
>>15560099
>The animation
watch the original version instead of the HD remaster, somehow the upscaling and redrawn faces make it look worse.

>Kira's friends
I actually like them a lot as a parallel to the civilians who stay on the White Base after it leaves Side 7. I won't go into too much detail, but them being teenage civilians who have no reason being on a battleship is explored a lot through the show.
>>
>>15560194
>watch the original version instead of the HD remaster, somehow the upscaling and redrawn faces make it look worse
How is it even possible to screw up so badly, Sunrise?
>>
File: Moebius Zero vs Ginns.jpg (501KB, 1500x1065px) Image search: [Google]
Moebius Zero vs Ginns.jpg
501KB, 1500x1065px
>>15560085
You mean the newtype piloted spaceplanes. Those are the only good units in Seed and Destiny.
>>
>>15561028
/y/ne harder.
>>
File: fuck the remaster.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fuck the remaster.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>15560209
The source material isn't that great to begin with since at the time, the anime industry had just started to adopt stuff like digital compositing, and was low res to begin with.

However, the drawn footage was also somehow shitty and a lot of it consists of zoom-in and crop work that really ruins it. Not all of it was awful since there's some okay looking redrawn scenes, but webm related is the worst that it gets.
>>
>>15561028
Isn't that Battle of Endymion very similar to the Guncannon massacre on the moon in The Origin?
>>
>>15561344
Not really. The battle of Endymion was a large scale battle that resulted in the Alliance detonating a giant microwave weapon under their base after luring ZAFT forces there as a trap.
>>
>>15560117
Destiny's pretty good until around the 30ish episode mark, actually it's arguable that once the archangel intervenes in a certain battle that the show starts falling in quality.One of destiny's biggest flaws was how it setup interesting possibilities for its story, but then all that is wiped when Kira returns.
>>
Seed is basically a 0079 remake so it's not completely terrible. It was even more obvious that destiny was being written on the spot.
>>
>>15561363
>Getting everyone killed was part of their plan
I thought it was only a last resort thing; makes no sense to kill almost all the known newtype pilots in that battle.
>>
>>15561426
Actually, we aren't told if the Moebius Zero corps were lost in battle or in the trap. I assume it's the former since Mwu doesn't have any hard feelings about it. I imagine that having the Moebius Zero corps there just made the bait sweeter, or at least helped deceive ZAFT into thinking it couldn't have been a deathtrap.

And well.. considering how JOSH-A was used as a trap, I don't think it was exactly a last resort thing. It's not like the EA detonated the microwave weapon early, but it was still well before the battle reached a definite conclusion.
>>
>>15561392
>it setup interesting possibilities for its story
Noice, 30 episodes of quality isn't bad at all
>but then all that is wiped when Kira returns.
of-fucking-course it is
is Shinn really that bad of a protagonist? I've heard he's edgy but that would be an improvement over Kira imo
>>
No, you're absolutely right. While the first half drags a bit, the second half has high stakes and more focus on memorable characters. The messages of the story start coming to fruition. We get to see Rau in his crazy glory.

Honestly, I think the only reason the first half of Seed is often cited as better is because of those who didn't like Kira becoming self-realized as a character.
>>
>>15561489
Unpopular opinion here, but Shinn's not a bad protagonist at all. He has clear goals, motivations, grudges, and internal conflict. Despite being motivated by anger and loss, he is very good natured at heart and not petty like say Kamille. He doesn't mope near as much as Kira did. And he's not afraid to take things into his own hands.
>>
>>15561627

Well the problem with Shinn and much of Destiny was always the writing not the character
>>
>>15561688
The writing encompasses the character, you're talking about plot. Even then, I don't think Destiny's plot is bad at all, aside from characters coming back from the dead with little explanation; a problem that plagued Seed as well.
>>
File: 1303836326751.gif (34KB, 426x450px) Image search: [Google]
1303836326751.gif
34KB, 426x450px
>>15561688
>>15561627
It's not the plot or characters, it's the *quality* of how it's presented that's sorely lacking.

Destiny had the gall to reuse the same stupid montage of Shin's dying sister and lame heart string pulling "o-niiiichan" bullshit for a million times.

Compare and contrast this with what was done in Stargazer that managed to do it a lot better in a fraction of the time.
>>
>>15562232
And yet Iron Menstruation is much worse, go figure.
>>
File: 56887077.jpg (22KB, 483x343px) Image search: [Google]
56887077.jpg
22KB, 483x343px
>>15560079
SEED gets a lot of slack because its follow-up so so fucking bad it somehow retroactively redeemed SEED of all its flaws for whatever reason also nostalgiafggotry. Its plot and characters are just as stupid and its animation quality is just as bad. There is no "when it gets good" with the CE timeline there's only "you'll get use to it" until its done when you'll want to forget about it.

>>15561392
Try 13 episodes and being better than SEED does not equate "good" and it was also a build up of promise to doing something interesting with the story and setting which goes absolutely nowhere then Kira comes back and at that point you should already expect what will happen. Funnily enough we had an anon going through the entire Gundam franchise in threads a few years back and it was quite the spectacle once he got to SEED since all we could do is just nod in agreement.
>>15561489
You're pretty fucking stupid aren't you?
>>
>>15562276
>You're pretty fucking stupid aren't you?
Uncalled for.
>>
>>15560194
This.
SEED TV, then Destiny Remaster 1-14/15+GSD Special Editions 2-4 is the optimum way to go, imo.

Although Shinn and Luna getting together is arguably even more mind-bogglingly bizarre than in the episodic stuff.
>>
>>15560079
They do their own thing and it makes it more interesting.

But Lacus has no coherent character development, she just does "lol I was the wisest person in the setting all along". And yes, I know this was foreshadowed. Doesn't change her from being underdeveloped flat character that solves problems like a plot device.
>>
>>15561489
>is Shinn really that bad of a protagonist?
So with Shinn this is what happened.
You know how seed was a soft remake of 0079?
Well Destiny is a soft remake of Zeta.
This is why Shinn starts of with characterization similar to early-Zeta Kamille, they are both very similar characters.
The only difference is that Kamille wasn't replaced by Amuro and got to grow.
>>
>>15562276
>Try 13 episodes
Although I would typically have said this I say 30 because I think that Destiny has a lot of interesting world building and episodic arcs and subplots it introduced in that 30 episode time span.
Not all of those episodes are good, but I liked stuff like Shinn attacking the EA prison camp, the discovery of the extended labratory and some other stuff.
But after events like this the series becomes a poor retread of SEED
>>
File: adkad.png (177KB, 370x275px) Image search: [Google]
adkad.png
177KB, 370x275px
Erica was the best part of SEED
>>
>>15562484
Nah man, TV all the way for both SEED and SEED Destiny.
>>
>>15562588
Hidden best girl.
>she will never repair your ms
Too bad about that astray team though.
>>
File: gseed.jpg (259KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
gseed.jpg
259KB, 1024x768px
I'm still baffled that SEED became as popular as it did considering that the first half of the show is sluggishly slow.
>>
>>15565173

Rau being a smug piece of work char worked wonders to keep me interested, to be honest.
>>
>>15565173
Heavy violence after how censored the shows were in the 90s, alongside going high on drama (underage sex! Best friends on opposite sides!) likely kept viewers for that half.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (468KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
468KB, 1366x768px
I can't take this show seriously if it has miniskirt uniforms in space.
>>
>>15565233
gotta keep the crew's morale high
>>
>>15565252
If that was the case, the boys would be required to wear short shorts to keep Talia and Murrue happy.
>>
>>15565258
If my doujins are correct then Kira does a fine job keeping them satisfied during off duty hours
>>
>>15565274
Your doujins are never correct.
>>
File: diva my ass.jpg (454KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
diva my ass.jpg
454KB, 1366x768px
Her songs suck.
>>
File: q.png (163KB, 629x354px) Image search: [Google]
q.png
163KB, 629x354px
>>15565258
>Talia
How did you get this from Natarle?
Also, I watched the first couple minutes of this episode without audio (for reasons I don't remember) so that must have been what this face was about
are dudes in shorts a sexy thing in Japan? I know in America its like the anti-thesis to pussy because
>cargo shorts can hold anything except for a conversation with a woman
>>
>>15560079
Stockholm syndrome. The 2nd half is notably worse until the finale
>>
>>15560099
I couldn't stop giggling at ZAFT in Jip-Jap or English. Also the mechs were too skinny for me.
>>
>>15561627
>Kamille
>Petty

THEY KILLED HIS MOM!
>>
>>15565489
he was a dick before that
>>
>>15560116
Seed is felcher gundam now? Thanks
>>
>>15561392
>Destiny's pretty good until around the 30ish
Lol wrong. All episodes are garbage not worth watching the 2nd time
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.