[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will streaming become the new OVA format? Already animated mini-series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

File: 1495681030563[1].jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495681030563[1].jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
Will streaming become the new OVA format? Already animated mini-series are appearing on Netflix. If Japanese studios ever come on board, it could be a game changer.
>>
>>15558800
if the studios keep relying on CG it won't matter either way.
>>
>>15558803
all the cg stuff on netflix is by the same people, if youre talking about sidonia ajin and blame
>>
Penis
>>
>>15558814
and the upcoming CG GitS series too
>>
>>15558814
Any relation to those new renditions of Berserk?
>>
File: Trevor with bloody man.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Trevor with bloody man.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>15558800

New Castlevania series has an art style that looks a lot like older anime.

Are Americans going to have to show the Japanese how anime is done?
>>
>>15558854
>Are Americans going to have to show the Japanese how anime is done?

>Americans
Frederator outsources all of their stuff to Korea, India, and like the Philippines
>>
>>15558861
So basically the same people that are making anime now.
>>
>>15558861
Source?
>>
>>15558861
Actually, it's animated by Powerhouse Animation Studios, who are based out of Texas.
>>
File: chrome_2017-05-25_17-19-46.png (285KB, 497x634px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-05-25_17-19-46.png
285KB, 497x634px
>>15558868
>>15558865
My source is their Facebook page, just google "powerhouse animation studios castlevania" and it's the first result. Can't link it because 4chan doesn't like that.

So yeah, for once it's genuinely western animation.
>>
>>15558870

Who specifically is doing the animation and how much of it is outsourced? Typically key frames are made in house and the rest is out sourced.

That means that this "anime" art style is entirely done by Americans.
>>
>>15558800
>it could be a game changer

It won't make as big of an impact as you think it will if Japanese studios keep refusing to pay people a sustainable wage. If the industry wants to make game changing moves, they need workers to do so. They can't ignore this problem forever. Japan does not have a infinite wellspring of talent to pull from.
>>
>>15558865
Watch the credits for their shows and whenever they mention production studio or whatever it's some korean company. You'll notice there's usually lack of animators being credited, just stuff like "checkers". That's because they're all working for some outsourced foreign company while American animation slowly fades from existence.
>>
>>15558876
So what the fuck does Frederator do then if they outsource all their work?
>>
>>15558874
>Who specifically is doing the animation and how much of it is outsourced?
Hasn't been stated yet, we'll have to wait for the credits when the show debuts.
>>
>>15558880
Production, art design, directing, writing, sound design. The usual stuff in a cartoon?
>>
>>15558885
Oh yeah, that's right. Momentary spot of retardation on my part.
>>
>>15558854
>berserk could've looked like this

BUT NOPE
>>
>>15558803
>if studios keep replying on digital it won't matter either way!

You fucking luddites are around everytime technology progresses, thank god you're the minority
>>
>>15558904
That looks like shit though.

You either get Berserk with CG animation, or you get Berserk looking like Iron-Blooded Orphans with literally no animation, just a slideshow filled with speedlines and stills.
>>
>>15559018
"luddites" > normal people > actual luddites > people who are lenient with cg > cavemen > people who call others "luddites"
>>
>>15559018
It's not much of a technological progress if it still looks like shit.
>>
>>15559090
I don't think you know what Luddite means
>>
>>15558875
>"sustainable wage"

Fuck off with your memes. People are paid what they are willing to work for and you can't change that you fucking commie.

>>15559022
>just a slideshow filled with speedlines and stills.

So just like the original Berserk then?

>>15559215
Ironing
>>
>>15558838
Please tell me that's a joke
>>15558847
Nope, as bad as Polygon is they're not as bad as the people that made that terrible TV series
>>
>>15559022
I'd take the beautiful watercolor painting "fights" of the original Berserk TV show over the garbage CG any day of the week.
>>
>>15559215
dumbass
>>
>>15558800
I'll kill myself if they don't even bother using a shitty remix of Vampire Killer or Bloody Tears
>>
>>15560470
Read the manga then if you don't want actual animation

>>15559449
>So just like the original Berserk then?
No one has ever praised the original's art or animation, it was sub-standard even for it's time.
The only reason people view it fondly, when it wasn't even a proper fucking adaptation of the series, is because of nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>15560501
Bad animation is not a replacement for good animation either, dumbass.
>>
>>15559449

>>15559449
>People are paid what they are willing to work for and you can't change that you fucking commie.

I didn't know they got internet out in the backwoods. But more importantly, please explain to me why wanting people to survive is a bad thing?
>>
>>15560513
You really can't argue something like this without resorting to ad hominem?
>>
>>15560516

Not if I'm going to be accused of being a communist simply because I think that people who work on shit like Unlimited Blade Works should be paid something decent. Can you even imagine? Japanese people working 40-60 weeks and then getting only 1000 dollars for all that work. How is that okay?
>>
>>15559449
This isn't a case of asking for legislation, this is a case of anime studios being stuck in their ways and shooting themselves in the foot. There aren't enough animators to go around anymore, because the pay given is below minimum wage. But as long as they refuse to raise their rates, which they are reluctant to do because anime is a hard market to profit in, fewer and fewer people will choose to become or continue working as animators.
>>
>>15560444

>>Please tell me that's a joke

I don't recall CG, but here's the announcement:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-04-06/ghost-in-the-shell-gets-new-anime-from-kenji-kamiyama-shinji-aramaki/.114481
>>
>>15560532

It's not like democracies don't regularly stipulate that kind of law anyway. That's exactly what a minimum wage law is, and most democracies have those.
>>
>>15561881
It's like they didn't learned after the Arise fiasco.
>>
>>15560532
Because they agreed to it, dumbass. Why are you so against voluntary and consensual exchange?
>>
>>15562847

Bullshit it is.

http://www.otakuusamagazine.com/LatestNews/News1/One-in-Four-Anime-Studios-in-the-Red-Says-Report-8977.aspx

"Despite a rise in the number of anime titles and overall industry profits, one out of four anime studios is experiencing net losses, according to a Japanese television report.

That surprising figure was featured on an episode of Oikonomiya, a show on Japanese broadcaster NHK, which delved into the current state of the anime industry.

The number of studios in the red increased to just over 25% percent in 2015, according to the program, after hovering around 20% between 2011-2014.

The episode also featured residents of the Tokyo Animator Dormitory, who spoke to host Naoki Matayoshi about the financial problems faced by young animators. Numbers discussed: 80% of animators quit within their first three years, and average wages for an in-between animator come out to about ¥60,000 ($540) a month.

Perhaps the most explosive number: animator Tetsuya Akutsu revealed he had once spent five hours on a frame for which he was paid ¥200 (under $2)."

Why are you pretending that this is just something that people go along with and is perfectly okay when the industry is literally collapsing because of low wages?
>>
Why would someone be willing to become an animator when he can make more money working at 7-Eleven and without all the stress?
If you really like drawing that much you can do so on Pixiv or do your own doujin and still make more money than being a slave.

Passion is something worth following if you can also sustain yourself, not talking about becoming rich but earning decent money.
>>
>>15559018
>progresses
It still looks like 2005 CGI dumbass, that's why we mad.
You don't see anyone on /m/ complaining about Pacific Rim or Big Hero 6 CGI because it looks good.
However cheap CGI looks infinitely worse than cheap 2D, not to mention that experience>budget, One Punch Man and Mob Psycho 100 got average budgets but were both way better than other anime because of the talent behind them.
>>
>>15562952
Because it is. None of that has anything to do with anything I posted. If people did not agree to these wages then the industry would change. That's how supply and demand works.
>>
>>15559018
But digital still looks like shit compared to analog
>>
Japan is experienced something similar to what the US software industry is experiencing. Too much outsourcing resulted in wage drops in the industry. It's perfect for corporations but not so for the native population, since if you put enough time and money into Chinamen, Indians, or SEA they'll eventually develop the skills necessary to compete with native workers.

If Japan wanted to protect animators they should've put pressure on any studios that outsource to SK and China and impose tariffs or bans on their products. Obviously government overreach becomes a problem but you can't just let globalism run rampant either, since most "1st worlders" actually aren't that much smarter than 3rd worlders, the most significant difference is in training and schooling. Africa is exempt of course, they've been trying to push software development in Africa for ages but it's just not happening.
>>
>>15558800
Hope so.
>>
>>15558800
>If Japanese studios ever come on board, it could be a game changer.

They already do that. They're calling them ONA -- "N" stands for "Net."
>>
Netflix is kicking japans ass!

USA USA USA!!
>>
Streaming has horrible fucking quality, so no.
>>
This reminds me; I remember going to this animation expo thing at Explore Bristol back around 2005 or so and there was a panel on an American animation studio based in Texas making a show; never saw the light of day but it looked like actiony policewomen in future Dallas in full on anime style. Never found out anything about it other than that, can't even remember who was making it, but does it ring any bells?
>>
>>15565843
Depends on the specifics. Often it's garbage, but Netflix's is perfectly adequate unless you're used to watching things at 4k while complaining that your wallet's too small for your fifties and your diamond-studded shoes are too tight.
>>
>>15565863
What? I just torrent any movies I like.

>paying for movies
>paying for STREAMING movies
The fucking idiots, I swear.
>>
>>15558800
Boy, I can't wait for the era of tri-monthly thirty second powerpoint slideshows.
>>
>>15565870
Where do I go for torrents anon-san?
>>
>>15565928
That anon's just kidding, use Crunchyroll
>>
>>15562952
I think it should have clued you on what kind of logic that anon works when he started screaming about fallacies
>>
>>15565928
My butthole.
>>
>>15566000
Those numbers don't lie
>>
>>15558800
No.

>>15558854
Ah yes, a Castelvania cartoon. Just what everybody wanted.
>>
File: not as keikaku.jpg (102KB, 816x683px) Image search: [Google]
not as keikaku.jpg
102KB, 816x683px
>>15558800
>tfw more Polygon Pictures
I hope not.
>>
>>15565843
Who cares. It's not that TV broadcasts are any better. If you like the show you'll be getting the BD anyway.
>>
File: Simon-belmont-captain-n.jpg (23KB, 482x356px) Image search: [Google]
Simon-belmont-captain-n.jpg
23KB, 482x356px
>>15566025
Sure is looking better than the last time they tried doing Castlevania characters for a cartoon.
>>
>>15558800
>Will streaming become the new ____ format?
Yes. No one cares about actually owning what they pay for anymore.
>>
>>15567916
Everything becoming cloud and streaming based is making me realize that most people are too stupid for capitalism to work
>>
File: 994.png (765KB, 900x590px) Image search: [Google]
994.png
765KB, 900x590px
>>15567701
Simon went through some weird as fuck designs, I find his best the Chronicles and Mirror of Fate ones, looks suitably awesome in them
>>
>>15568068
And living in what is essentially a cyberpunk dystopia somehow didn't clue you on that?
>>
>>15568068
And everyone's too evil for statism to work
>>
>>15568893
Then at some point he becomes Light Yagami in FFX themed fetish gear.
And then Gannondorf after that.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.